Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He went to Eldariot to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
It's been two hundred years since Dominic Deegan began his last journey into the realm of madness.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

See I'm hoping the next line is "Country Music" and it turns out to be a biography of a completely different and unrelated Dominic Deegan. Nobody cares about the other guy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m curious as to what could possibly be the context of the book. Ok so it’s obviously about DD. And it was written 200 years after Dominic did a thing. But there’s no indication of the age of the book itself. Why would it be written in present tense? Is this in relation to an already known arc in DD? The ending of the original run make it pretty clear that after losing his second sight Dominic just lived his life in relative peace and had/adopted a kid? If anything happened after then the book should have been about Luna. You know, the top wizard and protector of the realm after Dominic’s mom stepped down.

Where is this poo poo going? Why should we care? Who is this for???

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IT'S BEEN
ONE WEEK
SINCE YOU
LOOKED AT
ME

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m curious as to what could possibly be the context of the book. Ok so it’s obviously about DD. And it was written 200 years after Dominic did a thing. But there’s no indication of the age of the book itself. Why would it be written in present tense? Is this in relation to an already known arc in DD? The ending of the original run make it pretty clear that after losing his second sight Dominic just lived his life in relative peace and had/adopted a kid? If anything happened after then the book should have been about Luna. You know, the top wizard and protector of the realm after Dominic’s mom stepped down.

My best guess is the Ink Witch is actively writing it. That's the only reason I can see why she's got all those loose pages dropping all over the place.

As for why one just dropped right above Snout just now when she (and the ship) is presumably nowhere to be seen... :shrug:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Fister Roboto posted:

IT'S BEEN
ONE WEEK
SINCE YOU
LOOKED AT
ME

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Nuns with Guns posted:

So did Mookie decide to draw Snout with a dog muzzle to give his main character a visible facial profile, and reduce the number of times people commented on how all the humans look like they're wearing a Mortal Kombat-esque ninja face mask?

Well he absolutely didn’t stop to consider that you can’t just put a human shaped mouth under a dog’s nose and lips. I’m half expecting there to be a dog mouth just above his human mouth and that’s why it looks so off.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It could be a history book or diary.
"It's been 200 years since DD went into the realm of <whatever the gently caress it was in the original comic> and we still feel the effects of his heroism"
"It's been 200 years since DD went into the realm of <whatever the gently caress it was in the original comic> and I have to follow his path because the ancient evil whatever reawakened"

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

TheHan posted:

Well he absolutely didn’t stop to consider that you can’t just put a human shaped mouth under a dog’s nose and lips. I’m half expecting there to be a dog mouth just above his human mouth and that’s why it looks so off.

if Nintendo can do it with Lucario mookie can do it here

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Zerilan posted:

if Nintendo can do it with Lucario mookie can do it here

Yeah but, Lucario and a lot of other cartoon animals stylize the mouth to make it easier to animate and look more appealing

In other media too the dogs tend to have the snouts that are just tubes with a regular ol cartoon mouth under them while Snout has the weird lil lip flaps on top of a human mouth on top of a Deegan snout. It's like, far from the worst offense DD's ever had but there's so many closeups of Snout looking like an Ubisoft model glitched out.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The main issue with Snout is how inconsistent his look is, not any part of his design, which is mostly fine. Or at least not outright offensively stupid like Bort.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay he's introduced a new creature: a giant porcupine with a human mouth.

Why can its hair form solid spikes and how is it meant to remain solid after it's been snapped off?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Honestly Mookie's goofy poorly drawn mutant monsters don't bother me all that much. It's not particularly compelling, but it's like looking at the margins of my math notebook in highschool.

But holy poo poo can Mookie kil the pacing of his stories. Why is Snout even doing any of the things he is? We certainly don't have a good idea why.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Wild Edge, baby!
Sorry, is it too wild for you?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This is too wild for me :(

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I want to get off Mr. Terracciano's Wild Ride.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

One of the problems with my username is seeing "Terraciano" and because of its length heuristically assuming someone is talking about me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I want to get off Mr. Tesseraction's Wild Ride.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oh hey, the return of another narrative failing that was a staple of the original DD: introducing tension in a page and diffusing it immediately.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The porcupine-turtles are probably the best-drawn thing so far, if only because they have no actual thing to be their model and they're merely bad.

e: that said, I can't tell if they have shells or just really flabby skin folds

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Explain why they look completely different in every single panel

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I said they were his best-drawn thing so far, not that they were good

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

I said they were his best-drawn thing so far, not that they were good

The power of managing expectations!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Tesseraction posted:

bottom left panel face lmao

Snoout

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Haha yesssss.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
god

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
God has no power here

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

You realize this story is gonna end up with Dominic Deegan being mythologized in [name of Mookie's generic D&D world] as a diety, right? Whether Mookie realizes that's what he's doing or not.

Deegan IS god.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Porcupine issues:

-Flattens out its body and lowers its spines for threat display.

-Forelimbs different lengths.

-Left forelimb is a human’s upper arm with two thumbs protruding from the elbow.

-Head transitions between lizard, beluga whale, and pig(?).

-Bipedal dinosaur under a blanket.

-Size changes randomly.

-Shading bad.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
Ha. Noticed this thread and was amused to see the return of this garbage comic. I posted in the older thread years ago.

Might just have to keep an eye on his thread now to see further garbage pile up from Terracciano.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Every time he tries to show off the various flora and fauna of the WIIIILD edge it just hammers home that everything takes place in a featureless white void.

Seriously every background is some clouds at most, he couldn't even be hosed to draw the library again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao at that loving spiderweb

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

:chanpop:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Oh my god are we really spending a week’s worth or more of pages watching him make a new shirt.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I said it before and I'm saying it's getting more and more certain that Mookie knows we're his only readers and this is a troll on us all.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008
LOL These huge rear end books.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Agreeable Employer posted:

LOL These huge rear end books.

WHICH I
ASSUME
ALL READ
LIKE THIS

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All of the books were written for the one-eyed dude, whose eye is huge but has terrible vision and thus requires the Extremely Large Text versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
That actually seems in line with actual arts & crafts books I have seen in actual libraries. They're never normal paperback size cause they have big illustrations and such.