Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

more like, goodbye from the magic tavern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Adal Rafai is a lot like Scott Aukerman in that he is very technically funny, but is sorta bad at doing characters, and likes pushing improv in really dumb directions against the will of his fellow players.

I guess what I'm saying is give Magic Tavern a shot if you like Comedy Bang Bang

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
HUGE HOLLYWOOD HANDBOOK TODAY

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh man that episode title

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

*whip crack*

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Twitter is mad about this today. I started listening to Conan's show, and while I genuinely like Conan, I found my attention wandering. Does anyone here like it? Any episodes that are really good so far?

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1163799179292008452?s=19

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I got bored so quickly. I'm wildly confused why Gourley is involved at all, seems like a waste of his talents. Glad he's getting paid, I guess.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's like everyone's super happy about it except the listeners.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm glad that years after Serial became the first podcast, Conan O'Brien boldly started the second podcast.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I've listened to a handful of episodes where I liked the guest prior to the show, it's ok. I mostly just like Sona, but yeah it does seem weird that Gourley is there.

The actual article is way too business minded to really be that interesting and it does just gloss over most early podcast stuff and big "niche" podcasts or however you'd refer to them.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 21, 2019

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Twitter is mad about this today. I started listening to Conan's show, and while I genuinely like Conan, I found my attention wandering. Does anyone here like it? Any episodes that are really good so far?

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1163799179292008452?s=19

I've got a huge idolization for Conant, I listen pretty much every week, but I've given up on this Dana Carvey series-within-a-series crap.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I love the Conan show. Does not feel like an ear wolf show but I like it a lot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

skit scat skit scat skit scaAAaaAAAAaAAt

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Conan's show did get a lot better over the first season after they kind of ditched the gimmick of Conan trying to make a friend and just turned it into a straight interview podcast. I did skip some of the guests if I wasn't interested by them, but the intros and outros with Sona and Gourley were always entertaining.

Matt Gourley was pretty silent for the first few episodes, but he got a lot more involved as the season went on and he and Conan got more comfortable with each other.

I have no desire to listen to the Dana Carvey improv episodes, but I'm going to start listening again once season 2 starts.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
The whole thing screams ‘corporate synergy’ but hey, whatever brings new listeners into the pool.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
HDTGP is correct about everything they said wrt Leisure Suit Larry, except for the fact that actually the game is very good.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I really like the Conan show. He’s quick on his feet and has a strange anti-chemistry with Matt that I enjoy. It’s largely guest dependent though. I’m skipping the Dana Carver deep dive since I don’t find him nearly as funny as Conan does.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There's a great story being told in the episode photo for today's Handbook

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Story aside, that's a great photo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Two dogs eyeing each other

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
My Stitcher Premium sub ran out: do I have what it takes to wait less than a week for the labour day promo codes to come out?

edit: LABORDAY is active, 30% off! :)

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 29, 2019

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I should've thought to use the code before Labor Day I guess because I can't get it to work now. Tried on my current lapsed account and a new one with different payment and no go.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Code isn't working for anyone, apparently. At least for both me and my friend who tried to use it right now.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

An episode of The Flagrant Ones has emerged from behind the paywall! https://www.patreon.com/posts/picking-team-29002012

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Speaking of TFO, how was their summer? I unsubbed after the Finals because listening to a basketball podcast didn't seem super urgent in the offseason, but to be fair it's not like it was super urgent during the season either. In the time I was listening to it, I"d say the average episode was probably better than the average Pro Version, but that it had a similar issue of feeling pretty unfocused/low effort a lot of the time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's still worth listening to but the secret nba thing doesn't really do anything for me

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

It's still worth listening to but the secret nba thing doesn't really do anything for me

You don't like listening to three dudes list off players and go on tangents?

You're a drat hater

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TFO is good and Ben getting pissed off that he was put on a conference call with Mike Mitchell was hiralious.

Also watching the streams Sean and Hayes pronounce bloopers very weird, Carl was the only one saying it right...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Earwolf adjacent, I decided to give Baby Maybe Don't a shot. I'm liking the energy, Sean described it perfectly. Kevin being told his character's in Boston and then saying Tom Brady is his favorite baseball player in a Chicago accent is the most Kevin thing ever.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This is the content I crave about Harvard cronies.

https://twitter.com/bryanyang/status/1168940400683433984

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Snooze Cruise posted:

TFO is good and Ben getting pissed off that he was put on a conference call with Mike Mitchell was hiralious.

Also watching the streams Sean and Hayes pronounce bloopers very weird, Carl was the only one saying it right...

The fan rap last week was fire.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

that stupid Tool ad had me bussin up on my drive to work

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's so weird that Tool are buying adverts on podcasts. Not even the big podcasts.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

After the most recent TFO livestream (House Horse) I'm starting to wonder if Andy's holding the show back a bit. We all stan a gray king, but The Boys already have two podcasts where the producer not being great is part of the joke. Do they need three?

This thing, however, is pretty impressive: https://flagrant.one/

Spraynard Kruger fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 4, 2019

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Andy slaps dude. You need to miss me with the bullshit on that.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
The Teacher's Lounge is getting rebooted and moving away from Sticher Premium on September 18th.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Bringing a "real" person into the ever-heightening world of Hamilton High School feels like a bad fit, but I'm excited to hear them try it out.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

We're normal now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I do like the fact I can now try (keyword: try) stay current with a reboot of the show, as I'm so far behind the current run.