Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Stink Billyums posted:

Bob Clark had such a strange career. Any other directors have him beat?

probably not quite as wild as Bob Clark but Ted Kotcheff did Wake In Fright, First Blood, and Weekend at Bernie's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I was just thinking that I can't wait for December to watch Christmas Evil again.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I was just thinking that I can't wait for December to watch Christmas Evil again.

Me too, I skipped it last year because I'd watched it like 3 or 4 years in a row but I'm definitely ready for another rewatch.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Basebf555 posted:

Me too, I skipped it last year because I'd watched it like 3 or 4 years in a row but I'm definitely ready for another rewatch.

I know I've rantposted about watching the same 3 christmas movies every year at my parents house, which is I try to refrain from watching things yearly. I would like to avoid the experience I have watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every year at my parents house, it no longer sparks joy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Stink Billyums posted:

Bob Clark had such a strange career. Any other directors have him beat?
Arguably David DeCoteau. Low-budget horror, sci-fi sex comedies, gay occult softcore, five Christmas movies in one year, and talking animal movies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Darthemed posted:

Arguably David DeCoteau. Low-budget horror, sci-fi sex comedies, gay occult softcore, five Christmas movies in one year, and talking animal movies.

Are all those "Wrong" movies interconnected?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Only in narrative structure, I think; protagonist meets someone or enters a situation, then there turns out to be a dark and dangerous side to them/it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's ultimately a flawed attempt, but here, have this watercolor painting I did last night for practice:

Gonna do a better one sometime.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dig it! The clean lines mixed with the water colors gives it a really cool contrast! I like the background, stuff like that has been my jam recently, it makes it more interesting to me

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I dig it! The clean lines mixed with the water colors gives it a really cool contrast! I like the background, stuff like that has been my jam recently, it makes it more interesting to me

I experiment with line work all the time. This one is fine point felt markers (like Mignola) with thicker lines made with India ink and a brush (which is normally how I ink all my lines).

And yeah, I’m glad you like the background. It’s why I love watercolors. I paint for textures. Love ‘em.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Textures own. I’ve been playing with that stuff on PhotoShop but I do like the organic quality of water colors

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

Textures own. I’ve been playing with that stuff on PhotoShop but I do like the organic quality of water colors

If you ever want recommendations for supplies to get these effects, lemme know. The entry level is pretty low. Or if you ever want recommendations for watercolor videos to watch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Franchescanado posted:

It's ultimately a flawed attempt, but here, have this watercolor painting I did last night for practice:

Gonna do a better one sometime.

I love the colors, but isn't the line "Brains! Fresh Brains!"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

sigher posted:

I love the colors, but isn't the line "Brains! Fresh Brains!"

Looks like someone is due for a rewatch!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Franchescanado posted:

If you ever want recommendations for supplies to get these effects, lemme know. The entry level is pretty low. Or if you ever want recommendations for watercolor videos to watch.

Sure! I’m slowly working on trying to spend less time online and on the computer so doing art outside of that would be super fun and cathartic I think!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
https://twitter.com/wishillinois/status/1167084427773710336?s=21

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Basebf555 posted:

Looks like someone is due for a rewatch!

I don't know if it's him or me. :ohdear: Then again... any excuse to watch Return of the Living Dead is fine by me.

:hellyeah:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I can hear Englund’s laugh just by looking at his expression.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
So what are the most vile, hateful, gross horror movies? I want to know what my tolerance is, how far I can go.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

COOL CORN posted:

So what are the most vile, hateful, gross horror movies? I want to know what my tolerance is, how far I can go.

A Serbian film is somewhere in there

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

Megan is Missing is a pretty bad one.

One that I'd actually call a guilty pleasure would be New York Ripper. It's definitely gross though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Megan is Missing is the most annoying movie ever made.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Nekromantik, Cannibal Holocaust are usually two at the top of people's lists.

There's also poo poo like the August underground movies

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

COOL CORN posted:

- Irreversible (not a horror movie, but it fits your request)

- I Spit on Your Grave

- Faces of Death (or just google "real death footage" and tab between that and a YouTube supercut of the best slasher kills which is basically the 2019 equivalent of renting Faces of Death)

- Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (one specific scene)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

COOL CORN posted:

In no order:

We Are The Flesh, Anti-christ, Inside, Martyrs, Irreversible, Climax, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, Human Centipede 2, August Underground*, Compliance, Last House on the Left, I Spit On Your Grave, Cannibal Holocaust, Man Bites Dog, Possession, Julian Donkey Boy

*don't watch this

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you just want pure sexism, Terrifider goes pretty far

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

COOL CORN posted:

Megan is Missing and Cannibal Holocaust both made me feel gross after watching them.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Nice nice nice. I've seen a lot of these, but there are some I haven't seen. Looks like we're experimenting!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Burkion posted:

If you just want pure sexism, Terrifider goes pretty far

Agreedo.

Megan is Missing is easily my most hated movie of all time. This thread has given me gems like Lake Mungo and As Above So Below but it also gave me that abortion so in the end I’d take out any of your knees when being chased by a slasher.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

Nice nice nice. I've seen a lot of these, but there are some I haven't seen. Looks like we're experimenting!

Hammer is a lot more fun.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm seeing really good buzz about Tigers Are Not Afraid on Letterboxd. It's coming to Shudder soon, so keep your eyes out for it.

Who brought onions into the horror thread??? :unsmith:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Nothing anybody has reccomended to you is really that vile.

Atroz (2015) really pushes things too far imo.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

Nothing anybody has reccomended to you is really that vile.

Atroz (2015) really pushes things too far imo.

Was waiting for my boy Kvlt! to chime in on this. Thanks bud.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

COOL CORN posted:

Was waiting for my boy Kvlt! to chime in on this. Thanks bud.

You know I got you <3

Unearthed Films also recently put out 2 movies: Torment and Deep Web XXX that are both part of a new line of "Too Extreme" movies that they say are illegal in a lot of countries and so they only put them out themselves bc nobody else would print them? Or some other crazy bullshit marketing gimmick like that but if extreme is what you are looking for they'll definitely scratch the itch. In fact pretty much anything in Unearthed's catalog will if you want the really really really hardcore stuff.

If even THAT doesn't satiate your bloodlust, the only thing I got left for you is Orozco the Embalmer, about an embalmer in Colombia who lives in one of the most poor and violent parts. It's a documentary and pretty much the most extreme thing I have ever seen in my life, jesus gently caress I never want to look at that vile film again. If you sit through Orozco and need more than the only recommendation I have is therapy.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 6, 2019

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kvlt! posted:

You know I got you <3

Unearthed Films also recently put out 2 movies: Torment and Deep Web XXX that are both part of a new line of "Too Extreme" movies that they say are illegal in a lot of countries and so they only put them out themselves bc nobody else would print them? Or some other crazy bullshit marketing gimmick like that but if extreme is what you are looking for they'll definitely scratch the itch. In fact pretty much anything in Unearthed's catalog will if you want the really really really hardcore stuff.

If even THAT doesn't satiate your bloodlust, the only thing I got left for you is Orozco the Embalmer, about an embalmer in Colombia who lives in one of the most poor and violent parts. It's a documentary and pretty much the most extreme thing I have ever seen in my life, jesus gently caress I never want to look at that vile film again. If you sit through Orozco and need more than the only recommendation I have is therapy.

Looked up Orozco and it just sounds really interesting, curious what made it vile for you.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

It's literally a dude just butchering and manipulating and embalming corpses without any proper equipment or sanitization and is full of real life bodies just being brutally...embalmed I guess?

Here's the full movie, just skip around to any scene and see for yourself: :NSFW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG60-lk0o_U :NSFW:

I also have a low tolerance for irl gore so that might be it but it's a pretty nasty movie.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Just got out of an IT double bill, Chapter 2 is at best decent,definitely nasty and they went places I didn’t expect,that being said I feel like it suffered from a very slow first half and an overly long ending.

The first part however is still awesome

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
That makes me really stoked to see it, apart from the length, ugh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am so totally onboard with "The overly long Stephen King adaption starts strong, is really weird and nasty, gets a little lost in the middle, tries some crazy poo poo, and sorta lands with a thud."

The way its supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It is one of the few novels that has a pretty decent ending, in my view, so that's a shame. Except for That Part obviously.

Anyway, attention Scream Stream Fans, friend of the stream Choco is in the hospital right now, so please post positive things and send him your love and healing energy.