Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

jit bull transpile posted:

Wtf why? For being an enby drag performer?

I am not 100% sure, but it might be that or a few other things. Mild spoilers for Dragula Season 3 Episode 1 convo I guess? When one of the queens called another "fishy," Hollow brought up their issues with it (that it's hosed up to refer to someone as a body part, especially a body part that's pH imbalanced and sick). They came in pretty hot and Reddit was grumpy about it so I wouldn't be surprised if that set some lovely people off.

They also posted something on their own Instagram about misogyny and toxic masculinity in the gay community specifically which also might have made people mad?

Full disclosure I agree with them at least on fishy, but even if I didn't death threats is a disproportionate response to, like, anything.

tudabee fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The middle part of this:

was not a good take

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

angerbeet posted:

The middle part of this:

was not a good take

Yeah that middle part is a huge yikes but death threats are way out of line.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Yeah that middle part is a huge yikes but death threats are way out of line.

Oh totally death threats are never cool

Hollow did then go on to have an insta live blaming toxic masculinity for gays not reporting rape because if they weren't open to sex all the time from anyone then they wouldn't be men anymore, because men gently caress and :hmmyes:

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

angerbeet posted:

The middle part of this:

was not a good take

Oh! I didn't see this one on their Instagram, did they delete it (because, yeah, yikes)? I swear I wasn't trying to omit info!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I cry EVERY loving TIME I watch Shea vs. Sasha at the finale.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I love camp Wannakiki. It's so lovely but the contestants have so much heart.

Especially Boris and Ms Kitty Litter ATX.

Replace Michelle Visage with Dear Ruthie.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

[/

[quote="Fleta Mcgurn" post="497978305"]

Would you say that watching it makes you so emotional?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

King of Foolians posted:

Would you say that watching it makes you so emotional?

Baby.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
https://twitter.com/eric_shorey/status/1167832077531799553

Okay, I've found my act for when I become a drag queen in like 30 years. Lipsyncing to instrumental Nintendo menu music.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/eric_shorey/status/1167832511650631681

It's so Carol Burnett... :allears:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

It’s like the Andy Kaufman of drag, if Andy Kaufman was entertaining the whole time.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

new Dragula starting off strong, holy cats.

that extermination was more tame than expected though honestly.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Susanne Bartsch's club night was fantastic, beautiful, and surreal. Some great performances. Neon Calypso did a performance of a poem called "Capitalism", I looked it up and found a clip of her doing the same performance at Nightgowns, here's the video. I found it really moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHQEwSqiIVI

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Alessandra Torresani is an excellent guest on Race Chaser.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My hot and flexible body allows me to exercise in all different positions.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What privilege

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Im kinda super underwhelmed by the competitors on dragula this season. Landon and Hollow turned it out this week but overall it just feels like a really weak and uninspired field so far. How yovska in particular got there is baffling to me, everything looks so homemade with not a single even stitch to be found.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

A God drat Ghost posted:

Neon Calypso did a performance of a poem called "Capitalism", I looked it up and found a clip of her doing the same performance at Nightgowns, here's the video. I found it really moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHQEwSqiIVI
Everybody watch this

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If Slymenstra Hymen isn’t a guest judge on this season of Dragula, I will burn this place to the ground.

Also: the taller Boulet Brother is so much more relaxed this season. Respect.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just hate and do not understand the thing around Hollow's neck, just... why? Are they cold?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

angerbeet posted:

I just hate and do not understand the thing around Hollow's neck, just... why? Are they cold?

They're from San Francisco. People from San Francisco start wearing parkas in like 65 degree weather. They are probably very cold lol.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I'm so excited for Bushwig this weekend, the lineup is amazing. I'm building a ridiculous outfit and I'm spending all night stoning fake insects to attach to it.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

They're from San Francisco. People from San Francisco start wearing parkas in like 65 degree weather. They are probably very cold lol.

it also looked soft and fluffy, which is a good enough reason to wear anything :colbert:

also ngl i kind of loved their entire out-of-drag outfit so i am admittedly not a good judge of fashion

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Have y'all heard this news? Apparently, Ariana Grande is suing Forever 21 for stealing her 7 Rings look for a product, but Farrah Moan is now saying the look itself was stolen from her look for drag race.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/fashio...iJd2xQrC5RILBsg

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Apparently Farrah knows the designer who made it for Ariana, who's team approached said designer asking for that outfit, with some modifications to make her able to lay down in it. Farrah has known for a while but didn't care too much until Ariana decided to sue over it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Get her jade. Gif

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Dragcon goon meetup when

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Pass, I don't like waiting in line.

I'll be at Dragfest though.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

GrandmaParty posted:

Pass, I don't like waiting in line.

I'll be at Dragfest though.

That’s what that $300 ticket is for tho

What is Dragfest?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

Alessandra Torresani is an excellent guest on Race Chaser.

oh helll yeah, can't wait to listen. been waiting for them to get her on.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well, epissode 3 of Dragula was interesting

I am glad I am not sharing that freezer

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

angerbeet posted:

Well, epissode 3 of Dragula was interesting

I am glad I am not sharing that freezer

Okay the initial revulsion is valid but why did Hollow need to store, uh, props in a shared freezer at all? Did Dragula not provide any other storage option? Did Dollya really just complain to every other cast member off camera and not Hollow, or even production staff? :psyduck:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So uh, a bunch of Ru girls will be in residence at the Flamingo in Las Vegas for six months, replacing Donny and Marie Osmond.

Those featured performers will include Aquaria, Asia O'Hara, Coco Montrese, Derrick Barry, Eureka O'Hara, India Ferrah, Kahanna Montrese, Kameron Michaels, Kim Chi, Naomi Smalls, Shannel and Yvie Oddly.

https://www.etonline.com/rupaul-announces-rupauls-drag-race-live-vegas-residency-131943

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HH4vUF70c/?igshid=1e1yjt8sk5bv6

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I'm kinda really digging hollow eve. Landon continues to own.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'm kinda really digging hollow eve. Landon continues to own.

Hollow’s moment with Yovska was so beautiful that it brought me to tears. incredible.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Not exactly Drag Race related but I'm at a film festival right now with Stephen Trask. There are going to be screenings of Hedwig and SqueezeBox with Q&A after, if anyone wants to suggest questions. He is generally nice as heck and doesn't seem to mind taking pictures with old fat nerds.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

angerbeet posted:

So uh, a bunch of Ru girls will be in residence at the Flamingo in Las Vegas for six months, replacing Donny and Marie Osmond.

Those featured performers will include Aquaria, Asia O'Hara, Coco Montrese, Derrick Barry, Eureka O'Hara, India Ferrah, Kahanna Montrese, Kameron Michaels, Kim Chi, Naomi Smalls, Shannel and Yvie Oddly.

https://www.etonline.com/rupaul-announces-rupauls-drag-race-live-vegas-residency-131943

That lineup tho :flaccid:

edit: actually Asia and Coco might make it worth it

RICKON WALNUTSBANE fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Sep 8, 2019

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Using my new found knowledge gained from Pose and then Paris is Burning - are Asia and Eureka part of the same house? Or is it like European aristocracy where you have major and minor branches of the same family with the sole connection being someone way back when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

notaspy posted:

Using my new found knowledge gained from Pose and then Paris is Burning - are Asia and Eureka part of the same house? Or is it like European aristocracy where you have major and minor branches of the same family with the sole connection being someone way back when?

No. Eureka is a big fan of the oharas and asked permission to use their last name as a sort of fangirl thing.