Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

We've all experienced moments of frustration with media and choices made by writers, directors, actors, artists, and so on. But some people take their frustrations way too far.

From TV show fans going crazy about season finales to book fans complaining about that one crappy book that just didn't understand the character as they did, please post your favorite fan meltdowns.

To start, I'll never forget the "vagina bones" comment made by some anime guys complaining about Western censorship about their game (or TV show, I don't know). Actually, any anime fan decrying censorship is pretty drat funny.

Another good one for me is the Brazilian loss to Germany during the 2014 FIFA World Cup. 7-1 to Germany and the host country, Brazil, falling apart in tears and shattered morale. Pictures of fans crying, newspaper editorials asking what the hell happened after buying into their own hype, and much more.

Edit: Wrong thread tag. That's what I get for phone posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

That one lady in some Livejournal Childfree group who completely flipped her poo poo that a child won the costume contest at a book store, and got to open the first box for some Harry Potter release. I wish I'd saved it because lord, she was piiiiiissed.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

That one lady in some Livejournal Childfree group who completely flipped her poo poo that a child won the costume contest at a book store, and got to open the first box for some Harry Potter release. I wish I'd saved it because lord, she was piiiiiissed.

While I don't have the original source or link, I do have the text (assuming you and I are thinking of the same one):

angry Harry Potter fan posted:

RANT TIME

Harry Potter book release: don't worry, no spoilers.

Showed up at seven, in full costume for a nine am release. Devoted no? I was one of the few to dress up, and I was the best-dressed. I'm not being vain, I honestly had the most detailed and accurate costume there.

We were told in line, that the best-dressed person in line gets to open the box and have the first Half-Blood Prince book. So, I'm a shoo-in, aren't I?

WRONG.

loving moo brings her bratty sprog in at 8:59am dressed in a generic Kmart cape with stars and glitter and loving gaudy BLAH. Twig for a wand.

OMG WITTLE PWESHUS SO CUTE OMG YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND HAVE THIS BOOK YOU CAN'T READ AND fawning fawning, blatant breederism etc

THE loving KID WON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS. THE BOX OPENING WAS MINE. MIIIIINE.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had said "Oh look Sass, you are best-dressed

but would you mind if this land-mine amputee opened the box instead?" I would

have said "Absolutely no problem. Go for it." But no. loving CROTCHDROPPING

GETS THE HONOUR. I'm furious. On principle of course, not out of any sense of entitlement. Well yes, entitlement also. But I WORKED FOR IT, I DESERVED IT.

I made an effort. I spent money making an effort. I showed up early. I will remember and treasure this event for ever and eternity. And I'm passed over for an ugly little brat with a sparkly tie. Woo loving woo.

I didn't stab her in the eye with my wand. I WANTED to. I talked about doing so

VERY loving LOUDLY. I was going to eviscerate her mother with the cover of my

brand-new copy.

I loving hate breeders and child-lovers. loving GO TO HELL.

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial

Congratulations breeders, you win.

Edited to add: To all of you who are calling me immature etc, I'd like to add that you make a very good point, but have you considered GO gently caress YOURSELF? If you're so anal-retentive, go back to the other community and go on with your breeder-humping. Also, to the person who submitted this to fandom_wank, I seriously (no sarcasm) thank you. I've always wanted to be there!

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Yessss. That's the one. She was so angry. Over a children's book!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Olive Branch posted:

To start, I'll never forget the "vagina bones" comment made by some anime guys complaining about Western censorship about their game (or TV show, I don't know). Actually, any anime fan decrying censorship is pretty drat funny.

It was for the video game Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Specifically this tweet.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Every fan that poo poo their pants in rage at The Last Jedi

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

quote:

loving moo brings her bratty sprog in

Hello what’s this? I just love learning new dumb lingo of online anger communities.

:razzy:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ralph Hurley posted:

Hello what’s this? I just love learning new dumb lingo of online anger communities.

:razzy:

"Moo" = pejorative childfree slang for "mother"

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
My personal favourite was the guy convinced that Silent Hill as a series was about circumcisions and made continual, constant edits to a fan wiki to make it true. It was a glorious read.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
On Tumblr there was a girl who went by the name of becausehiddles - holeeshit she was/is? so obsessed with actor Tom Hiddleson. If she had the wherewithal she would probably Misery him.

He breakdowns were constant as they were wierd...

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

the meltdowns over the ending of mass effect were pretty funny. i mean it sucked rear end but drat people were mad.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Courtesy of the Final Fantasy thread in Games, my new favorite

"My vidya game boobs :cry:"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If I were a nerd musician I would write a song where I could use the line "neckline so deep you could see her vagina bones" but I'm not.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

AngryRobotsInc posted:

lmfao imagine writing all those words about boobs from a 20 year old game.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Intoluene posted:

My personal favourite was the guy convinced that Silent Hill as a series was about circumcisions and made continual, constant edits to a fan wiki to make it true. It was a glorious read.

:( i tried to find the old archived thread about it and it's gone. what a dark day for mankind

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The best part about the circumcision guy is that he was one of the admins, and when people removed his edits, he staged a full on coup and de-modded everyone but him until the staff at Wikia had to personally get involved. God drat what a saga

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

ASenileAnimal posted:

lmfao imagine writing all those words about boobs from a 20 year old game.

The “quarian sweat” of our time.

I’m interested in pre-Internet fan meltdowns. And I’m not just talking about Disco Demolition night (which was an excuse to be racist and homophobic), but contemporary accounts of say, Sherlock Holmes fans writing angry letters to Doyle in 1894, or Lisztomania, or reactions to Pamela in 1741.

I despise Rick and Morty fans who made the McDonald’s sauce a thing, and especially the guy screaming about it while he stood on a counter.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The “quarian sweat” of our time.

I’m interested in pre-Internet fan meltdowns. And I’m not just talking about Disco Demolition night (which was an excuse to be racist and homophobic), but contemporary accounts of say, Sherlock Holmes fans writing angry letters to Doyle in 1894, or Lisztomania, or reactions to Pamela in 1741.

I despise Rick and Morty fans who made the McDonald’s sauce a thing, and especially the guy screaming about it while he stood on a counter.

Here's some pre-internet syndicated comic drama.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

AngryRobotsInc posted:

:reddit:

These people are obvious Fake Nerds, otherwise they'd remember that FFVIII was pissing off anime perverts 20 years ago by not letting you freely rotate Selphie's model in Scan mode like you could everyone else in the game to avoid letting people look up her skirt.

They're also mad that you can't see Siren's pubes anymore and are blaming the bible-thumping cucks in California as part of some vast conspiracy to use censorship to suppress the boners their enlightened masters in Japan keep trying to share with the rest of the world.

Fun fact, that guy was a Proud Boy and was doing it as a staged thing in hopes that the video would go viral and spread the image of college students as triggered snowflakes who need their safe spaces. So congrats for perpetuating that, I guess.

Sleeveless has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Sep 7, 2019

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean it's kind of a self-own though because the Rick and Morty fanbase is almost comically chud-dominated and that mostly just made R&M fans look like garbage basement dwellers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Joy Division fans on Facebook are melting down over the "reimagined" music videos being released this year. Every post is filled with hundreds of comments about how much they hate them.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Thanks, that’s interesting to learn about. Could be read as a proto-fridging, tbh.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean it's kind of a self-own though because the Rick and Morty fanbase is almost comically chud-dominated and that mostly just made R&M fans look like garbage basement dwellers

It can be two things

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

:( i tried to find the old archived thread about it and it's gone. what a dark day for mankind

Yeah, archives of that guy's absolute foreskin meltdown seem to be lost to time. A shame because it was legitimately hilarious.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Really wish one of the original Silent Hill team would come out and say "We appreciate the fans, but we're disappointed that after all this time, only one person picked up on the true anti-circumcision message of the series."

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

cash crab posted:

Idk which thread you are talking about, but there's still this one:

https://silenthill.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:49806

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

reactions to Pamela in 1741.

My favorite one that I've heard is about a bunch of women getting all riled up after the last installment of Pamela was released and breaking into a church to ring the bells, because they were just so jazzed she got married in the end. :allears:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

cash crab posted:

Internet archiving to the rescue!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

big dyke energy posted:

My favorite one that I've heard is about a bunch of women getting all riled up after the last installment of Pamela was released and breaking into a church to ring the bells, because they were just so jazzed she got married in the end. :allears:

Yeah, one version of the story is the town blacksmith could read well and people would gather to listen to him, and when the main characters finally get married they rang the bells in celebration. It’s such a cute thing. There were the equivalent of fan merchandise too like you’d see at a convention today, like painted fans and playing cards.

In sadly the far less happy/pleasant realm of reactions and meltdowns is the legal issues around gross person Vic Mignoia, a voice actor known for some popular anime dubs and better known as a sex pest to coworkers and underage fans. Content warning related to that, but here’s a recent summary (links to the specific topic thread):

khy posted:

Following the lawspeak and unfamiliar names as a non-law-person is very difficult, so to make sure I understand this totally :

A whole lot of kiwi-chud types (who can’t even bother verifying that Vic was the plaintiff in the recent case) are not only melting down, but getting ugly with the judge on Facebook - that’s sure to go well!

AutumnDDP2
Nov 11, 2018

We all have to think about things sometimes. I guess.
It's gotta be this F-Zero GX rant, covered by Fragmaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a lovely head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Sleeveless posted:

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

The only suitable response to that :laffo: rant

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bony tony posted:

It can be two things

...not in this case, it can't? You can't simultaneously fail at something and succeed at it

If they were trying to make liberal college students look bad, and the general public reaction was instead "man chuds are loving manchildren," they failed and got the literal opposite of what they wanted and continuing to dunk them for it is cool and good

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
going to need some evidence before i accept your claim that it wasn't just an idiot manchild.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Fun fact, that guy was a Proud Boy and was doing it as a staged thing in hopes that the video would go viral and spread the image of college students as triggered snowflakes who need their safe spaces. So congrats for perpetuating that, I guess.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I've never heard of that video being used to refer to college students as snowflakes. It's only ever been "Wow, Rick and Morty fans are garbage idiots."

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

1stGear posted:

I've never heard of that video being used to refer to college students as snowflakes. It's only ever been "Wow, Rick and Morty fans are garbage idiots."

Yeah, seems like some puppet mastering by a petulant baby.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

You just need to move past like a miscarriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Every fan that poo poo their pants in rage at The Last Jedi

On a similar line, when Disney bought Star Wars, I remember some nerd saying that he'd punch someone if he saw anything Star Wars at Disneyland.