Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Mmmhhhh new car smell for the thread that brought me to SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

jesus christ how broke is your brain if you keep up with and talk about this dumb loving game. and no, you aren't doing it "ironically"

Maybe you should try to be more positive.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Wait why is this not in the stupid crowd funding place where this belongs?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Stevefin posted:

Because, my friend, we've decided that Star Citizen is no longer a scam, and is the true light of gaming going forward.

Blessed are you, for this day you have seen the coming of our lord and saviour Crobbear

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Stevefin posted:

The higher ups decided to end the SCAM

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

tane.

New thread here's to another 8 years!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Parping in the new thread.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I would like to start the new thread with fond memories of my favourite Star Citizen moment: When Lowtax decided to rip the business model from SC and sell people had drawn JPGs of ships to raise money for these Dead Gay Comedy Forums. I wish I've had money back then to support the cause but maybe some of you have bought them and would like to share them again.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My favorite part is learning the game uses the Crysis engine, but in order to have outer space adventure in an engine built for a single island, everything in the engine is itty bitty, and a ton of the physics glitches are because of how tiny everything is and the engine literally not being designed to handle it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
A favorite highlight of this trash fire from GamesCom 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCtdyNFwQWo&t=6176s

Also a metaphor for Store Citizens development

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

My favorite part is learning the game uses the Crysis engine, but in order to have outer space adventure in an engine built for a single island, everything in the engine is itty bitty, and a ton of the physics glitches are because of how tiny everything is and the engine literally not being designed to handle it.

To be honest, it's actually impressive that Cryengine can animate models at this small scale.
Sometimes.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Also water

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

Tippis posted:

After all, this timeframe is completely normal and you know nothing of game development.

Actually Duke Nukem Forever was released in 2011 ...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MrOzzy posted:

Actually Duke Nukem Forever was released in 2011 ...

wait for it

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

A while back they used to have a site that referred to the different systems they were going to create (a hundred of them). This site included the physical characteristics of the planets and moons.

Crusader is a gas giant. As you can see, it's around the same size as the Earth in game. Our two different variants of Gas Giants in the Solar System, Jupiter and Uranus are shown in the background.

They lampshade this by increasing travel times.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Is this a new pre-alpha thread or have we moved from evocati to PTU and MVP?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Love the smell of a fresh new thread.

On wards and up wards for another 8 years!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Engine change confirmed! And it only took 2 days, as prophesied.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

jesus christ how broke is your brain if you keep up with and talk about this dumb loving game. and no, you aren't doing it "ironically"

People still talk about whether or not people are doing things "ironically"? Chris Roberts was right - we never left the 1990s. Star Citizen is good!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
New thread physics v2 are looking great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
On we go.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Imagine being so mad about people posting about a videogame that you post about how mad you are about those people posting about a videogame.

Just lol my dude

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
TBH it seems to be about extremely weird memes and trying to tally all the gifs and clips of star citizen footage loving up

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh, it's back.

Well i gotta say this game is probably one of the worst cases of blind hype i have ever seen. Can't think of a game that even comes close to this amount of straight devotion

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Going to ask people at Dreamhack if Star Citizen has what it takes to make it in the big leagues.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Whats the over/under on how many people i ask before i get tossed out by security?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still actually want this game to be finished and be good. I know Star Citizen is a scam and will never release though, but that fact still sucks.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh, it's back.

Well i gotta say this game is probably one of the worst cases of blind hype i have ever seen. Can't think of a game that even comes close to this amount of straight devotion

No Man's Sky was pretty close in terms of peak intensity, if not greater, but the sustain here is insane.

Though they've been losing people lately, especially now that they announced yet another delay to a supposed "firm date".

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MassivelyOP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

People like talking about this Kickstarter because there is nothing like it. Development started in 2011, it is still pre-alpha, there is $27,000 DLC packages that normal people have paid for, and the game is nearing $300 million dollars. Something like this has never been seen before, and it really shows a critical fatal flaw in both the way capitalism works, and how broken the game industry is. That something like this is acceptable to millions of people, is just completely wild to me.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://i.imgur.com/yh09HfS.gifv

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Back in jpg business, baby!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Whats the over/under on how many people i ask before i get tossed out by security?

Uh, asking "tossed out by security" in this fiasco brings on new meaning.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is from the movie Serenity, in case anyone is curious. Joss Whedon is the director, so it has its usual all women are objects for the men to use, but otherwise it's a solid fun sci-fi movie.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Hazamuth posted:

Back in jpg business, baby!

And this is just Tier-0.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I said come in! posted:

This is from the movie Serenity, in case anyone is curious. Joss Whedon is the director, so it has its usual all women are objects for the men to use, but otherwise it's a solid fun sci-fi movie.

What else do you think the "personal commodity inventory" is intended for?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

One of the best Cryengine-in-spaaaace struggles is the 'our ships are underwater!' thing.

And it's still going on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Congrats to everyone on the new thread!

Can someone invite Chris Roberts? And unban Derek Smart? :smuggo:

rePool posted:

Here's to another decade of showing tojal how to be more positive.

:5: