Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hah eat poo poo star wars nerds this is a jojo page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I approve of all the JoJo's.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Kanine posted:

Also regarding CG, the vast majority of effects in the prequels were practical https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhpFsO8wUoI

That video suggests that some of the effects were practical, not the majority. His point seems to be "hey it wasn't all CG, you'd be surprised which scenes were actually miniatures". Also the practical effects end up looking bad because they're often littered with bad CG for no real reason.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Excuse me, but "The System is Down" is a FOUR word sentence.

Also, the Hobbit was such a mess of green screen that it made Gandalf cry.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Hobbit in 48fps 3D was fun as hell and I’m sad there’s not really a way to see it again. It wasn’t a good movie but it was a neat tech demo I guess. It made the whole movie feel more like a stage production and in retrospect that was about the only good thing about it.

anyway

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isM-r6B1wz4

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
This thread has gotten really Bizzare lately

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Who What Now posted:

This thread has gotten really Bizzare lately

Enjoy the adventure

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You've got an almost used car battery right there in your car, my dude.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Considering anime?

We're here to help.

1-800-NO-ANIME

Don't throw away your precious gift of life.

I hope no one has posted this, because I'm a bit behind (obviously), but I wanted to add this:

The prior posts kind of made me want to see what this JoJo business was about, so I went ahead and, just now, called this number.

Apparently, it's the number of the offices of "Black Psychologist" Dr. Na'im Akbar.

Memes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdFk35yT0ac

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Apparently contempt is stored in the balls

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

ah yes president stupid

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
jojo memes forever

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I need more of these.

https://i.imgur.com/wNJdC25.mp4

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hahah that last one.

Perfect.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bike tory posted:

Like that's the simple overarching narrative but none of the actual events of the movie make sense in light of that. You left out the bit where the bigger rear end in a top hat's plan revolves around Padme convincing the senate to install bigger rear end in a top hat in the senate seat. But the whole movie revolves around the planetary blockade and attempts to stop them getting to Coruscant and repeated attempts to kill Padme as well as the jedis helping her and also the interruptions to all communications out of the planet and also Darth Maul's mission is to try to kidnap her. None of it makes sense in light of the bigger plan.

The phantom menace of Sheev's plan is that he wins no matter the outcome of the crisis he's manufactured. He doesn't even care that his apprentice dies, Darth Maul is only there to distract/scare Jedi.

Create drama > leverage panic to gain power > cackle maniacally. Basic politics.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dang it, Bobby!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A shameful spider-man

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And Love is Pride + Genitals. Makes sense really.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJsjCzC6bI

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

cptn_dr posted:

Apparently contempt is stored in the balls

Based on previous relationships, can confirm.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I think I’ve seen these movies in cinemas and I can’t remember a goddamn thing about them

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I think I’ve seen these movies in cinemas and I can’t remember a goddamn thing about them

The first one was pretty alright

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Human decisions are removed from big brass sections. Skanet begins to pickitup pickitup pickitup at a geometric rate….

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
All the hobbit movies were trash

The first lord of the rings was genuinely awesome, still is

The second one was ok, a bit too drawn out

The third one wasn't very good and the end was actually really bad and wayyyyyyyy too drawn out

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Collapsing Farts posted:

All the hobbit movies were trash

The first lord of the rings was genuinely awesome, still is

The second one was ok, a bit too drawn out

The third one wasn't very good and the end was actually really bad and wayyyyyyyy too drawn out

To be fair to The Return of the King, the source material was waaaaay more drawn out and they cut out a lot to get it to the ridiculously long version they used.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Return of the King is definitely not my favorite book in that series. I enjoyed Two Towers but for some reason I don't remember I only finished RotK out of a sense of obligation.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
This anime poo poo sucks nobody knows what any of this is.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:vince:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

To be fair to The Return of the King, the source material was waaaaay more drawn out and they cut out a lot to get it to the ridiculously long version they used.

Yeah, when filming the entire trilogy they threw away something like 400 pages of material which was filler, Tolkien's history lessons, or pointless to begin with.

And the Hobbit trilogy would be OK filmatization of the book, if it were re-cut into two 2.5 hour movies or one 3.5 hour movie. At least one such edit exists in the Internet, now that Amazon owns the entire Tolkien IPR they should definitely look into that and throw it in as a bonus to the new series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Instagram, Gmail, Instagram again