Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Canuckistan posted:

Atlantic Canada's turn next! Time to go fill up my home depot buckets and stock up on beer.

Call in the cod fleet and the seal clubbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's too bad Toronto isn't on the ocean coast

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's too bad Toronto isn't on the ocean coast

Except nobody wants to live in the Maritimes. There's a reason they all leave and move to Toronto.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Hazel

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Cockblocktopus posted:

Know that we died as we lived: telling the other Carolina to go to hell.

Amen.

Yeah, seeing that eye get within like 10 miles of my house was pretty nerve wracking, but we didn't even lose power. So mostly this hurricane was just a bonus day off thankfully.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Rust Martialis posted:

Except nobody wants to live in the Maritimes. There's a reason they all leave and move to Toronto.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Hazel

It's true. I'm trapped here. Luckily I'm in NB so we're going to get some winds and rain, but Nova Scotia is turbo hosed.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
I hope the lobster rolls are safe.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The power just went out right as I was about to make coffee. Now this is really a disaster!

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

poverty goat posted:

The power just went out right as I was about to make coffee. Now this is really a disaster!

this is why you have beer dummy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

poverty goat posted:

RIP

schmug
May 20, 2007

poverty goat posted:

is still cold coffee an acceptable solution?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Gonna order a donair and pick up a case of beer for my hurricane supplies like a true Haligonian.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Are the Fenwick towers still there? They got wrecked in 2003 by Hurricane Juan.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Don't worry guys I fired up the generator and now I've got hot coffee and an instant pot full of steel cut oatmeal

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

poverty goat posted:

Don't worry guys I fired up the generator and now I've got hot coffee and an instant pot full of steel cut oatmeal

I highly advise you boil a couple dozen eggs before you run out of gas

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can suck an egg chico

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

MorgaineDax posted:

Gonna order a donair and pick up a case of beer for my hurricane supplies like a true Haligonian.

Don't forget the deep fried pepperoni.

The chip aisle was bare last night. Islanders know how to prepare for a storm.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

My biggest problem right now is it's getting a little warm in here, high 70s probably if not low 80s, and I'm not wired to run the AC or ceiling fans on the generator. Please send thoughts & prayers

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

angerbeet posted:

Are the Fenwick towers still there? They got wrecked in 2003 by Hurricane Juan.

Fenwick Towers are getting reno'ed and the name got changed to Vuze Towers so to make it harder for the new foreign students to Google and find out about their trash and bedbug issues.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

With coffee and breakfast done it's time to roll a joint and crack my first still-cold beer of the day

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im in alabama and still not dead yet and im very pissed off about this

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

poverty goat posted:

My biggest problem right now is it's getting a little warm in here, high 70s probably if not low 80s, and I'm not wired to run the AC or ceiling fans on the generator. Please send thoughts & prayers

Whole house transfer switches are great. This one took my electrician about 20 minutes.

http://www.generlink.com/generlink.html

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

MorgaineDax posted:

Fenwick Towers are getting reno'ed and the name got changed to Vuze Towers so to make it harder for the new foreign students to Google and find out about their trash and bedbug issues.

Yeah my boyfriend lived there in 2003 and it was pretty lovely then.

I imagine it's still-lovely

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

poverty goat posted:

Milk, or like, half-and-half or cream plus brown sugar?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon zest, dried cranberries, pecans, slivered almonds, blueberries and a pat of Irish butter in the oatmeal. Just milk in the coffee. Roughing it, basically

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 6, 2019

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

poverty goat posted:

Milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, lemon zest, dried cranberries, pecans, slivered almonds, blueberries and a pat of Irish butter in the oatmeal. Just milk in the coffee. Roughing it, basically

Homo?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Canuckistan posted:

Atlantic Canada's turn next! Time to go fill up my home depot buckets and stock up on beer.

Oh. So it's going to be like a normal weekend in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland then.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
The ocean has definitely picked up here in Ocean City, but nothing alarming. I have seen bigger waves on Lake Erie. The wind and rain is pretty steady and going sideways right now (random guess of about 50mph). It looks like it is going to be all gone by around 7 or 8pm EST here.

drunkb fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 6, 2019

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Just some rain and wind in Norfolk currently. I might walk up by the Lafayette River to see if it’s flooded.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Please tell me Washington DC is going to be hit. I have to go there next week I don’t want too!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Burt Sexual posted:

Please tell me Washington DC is going to be hit. I have to go there next week I don’t want too!

It's way wide of DC

schmug
May 20, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

It's way wide of DC

Let's just let Trump decide that one, OK?

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Waves picked up about two feet to about 6 feet in the last 30 minutes while I was in the shower. I wouldn't want to get beat up by swimming in it, but still nothing significantly out of the ordinary.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Rude

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

poverty goat posted:

remember not to sweat on the good furniture, mom will get pissed

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

Good luck goon

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

poverty goat posted:

You’ve got a fridge don’t you? Use it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Is Iceland gonna be ok?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I love the Mercator projection.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

SelenicMartian posted:

I love the Mercator projection.

DO NOT USE THIS MAP TO MAKE DECISIONS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hazo posted:

DO NOT USE THIS MAP TO MAKE DECISIONS

Hmm just gonna cross that part out with a sharpie.