Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna say it does. Mostly because I think the ending ruled and don’t understand anyone’s opinions and thought process any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I don't think the ending was bad, per se, but when you literally have a running gag of "ha ha, the guy who wrote this is poo poo at endings," you're gonna call attention to all the flaws in the ending you have coming up.

E: also, the guy playing Eddie had powerful Harry Dean Stanton energy and it kept distracting me through the whole movie

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 7, 2019

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I've seen a couple people post on Facebook that It Chapter 2 had "unnecessary violence against LGBT" and "ruined" the movie for them, but I haven't gotten any details. Does that ring a bell? Can someone spoiler? Because I'm curious.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

COOL CORN posted:

I've seen a couple people post on Facebook that It Chapter 2 had "unnecessary violence against LGBT" and "ruined" the movie for them, but I haven't gotten any details. Does that ring a bell? Can someone spoiler? Because I'm curious.
Haven't seen the movie yet but the book starts with the murder of a gay guy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

COOL CORN posted:

the opening of the movie is mostly identical to the first Adults chapter of the book, where a gay couple is the victim of a hate crime and Pennywise makes his first appearance in 27 years by killing one of the gay men after the people who attacked them threw him over a bridge

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:(

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Both of the new Its have issues, but I’m astounded by the amount of people who insist the 90s miniseries is a classic. I enjoy that too but it kind of sucks - like the ideal way to consume that series is secretly renting the video from Blockbuster when you’re 10. As an adult it’s corny as hell

BrendianaJones
Aug 2, 2011

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Both of the new Its have issues, but I’m astounded by the amount of people who insist the 90s miniseries is a classic. I enjoy that too but it kind of sucks - like the ideal way to consume that series is secretly renting the video from Blockbuster when you’re 10. As an adult it’s corny as hell

If it weren't for Tim Curry nobody would remember that dull, slog of an adaptation

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BrendianaJones posted:

If it weren't for Tim Curry nobody would remember that dull, slog of an adaptation

Be fair

The kid actors were great. If it was just the kids segment, it'd be a pretty good 1980s movie if it had slightly more gore and violence.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Looking forward to finding out what people will say is the only reason to remember this pair of movies when the next adaptation rolls around.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darthemed posted:

Looking forward to finding out what people will say is the only reason to remember this pair of movies when the next adaptation rolls around.

Weirdly?

Still Tim Curry

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think SyFi's currently showing the 90s miniseries as the episodes so it'll have those intro credits that filled in more of Derry's history.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

COOL CORN posted:

The movie opens with Pennywise killing a gay guy who gets beaten up by bigots at a fair, later on it’s heavily implied that Ritchie is gay and in love with Eddie, who gets got.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

You know, the more I think about It chapter 2 the more I think I liked it. It's parts are better than it's whole, kind if like a collection of loosely connected short films of varying quality.

The scene with the little girl and the firefly is the best of these short films, and I'd say it's worth the price of admission.
I'm very down on Chapter Two but agree with this post. The highlight of the series is the opening vignette with Georgie.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Tac Dibar posted:

I seem to remember some quote about how seeing a clown at the circus is fun and cool, but opening your door at night and finding one on your doorstep is not.

Maybe it was Clive Barker? I think he had some story about a psychologist being killed by a clown of sorts.

It was Lon Chaney Sr.:

"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Secks posted:

It was Lon Chaney Sr.:

"A clown is funny in the circus ring, but what would be the normal reaction to opening a door at midnight and finding the same clown standing there in the moonlight?"

First of all, Moonlight Clown would be a good name for a scented candle (the scent would be blackberry mixed with cotton candy). Second, I think it would depend on what the clown was holding. If the clown is standing there in the moonlight holding a knife obviously I'm about to die and I'd be frightened, but if they're holding like a bouquet of flowers or a heart shaped box of chocolates I would feel more confused and aroused because maybe I'm about to get some clussy.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

The Clive Barker story might be Dread, which was adapted, no clue if the film’s any good tho’.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I thought chapter 2 was pretty good and the firefly scene was good but also the hall of mirrors

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Burkion posted:

Be fair

The kid actors were great. If it was just the kids segment, it'd be a pretty good 1980s movie if it had slightly more gore and violence.

It'd be nice if anyone in the adult cast had even tried. Like most of them are lovely actors anyway but that doesn't excuse how little of an effort they made.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m seriously loving all these The Thing references popping up. Godzilla King of the Monster has two, including the very same “you gotta be fuckin kidding” which I was hoping was gonna be said after they did the very same shot.

It’s really random but I can’t hate

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

It'd be nice if anyone in the adult cast had even tried. Like most of them are lovely actors anyway but that doesn't excuse how little of an effort they made.

i think part of why i liked the ending of this one so much is remembering the terrible stop motion spider-centaur from the miniseries.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Saw an excellent horror-sci fi joint called THE PLATFORM last night. It's kind of like Snowpiercer, set in a vertical prison where there's two randomly-selected inmates on each level (the number of levels is a spoiler but there's a lot of levels) and the levels are randomly assigned to each pair every month. Food is dispensed on a single platform from the top down and inmates can eat as much as they want before the platform moves down a level. On the lower levels, naturally, there's less and less food.

It's really well done and also has elements of Cube and The Raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsyicj2qdqs

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It: Chapter 2 is 169 minutes long and I felt every single minute.

Bill Hader is the only stand-out, and that's just because they give him some personality to be a joke-machine.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Let's not forget the loving clown from the original Poltergeist. Try explaining to four year old me those toys coming alive and attacking that boy in his bed at night (especially that clown and its arms) aren't some documentary. I wasn't surprised it was front and centre on the poster for the remake.

Don't like clowns, they just look and move off.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
lol at Pennywise's final form this time around turning out to be the candy king bug beast from Wreck It Ralph

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Get well soon Choco!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SecretOfSteel posted:

Let's not forget the loving clown from the original Poltergeist. Try explaining to four year old me those toys coming alive and attacking that boy in his bed at night (especially that clown and its arms) aren't some documentary. I wasn't surprised it was front and centre on the poster for the remake.

Don't like clowns, they just look and move off.

the poltergeist clown was bad when i was a kid but the poltergeist tree was so horrifying i still have nightmares about it

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

First of all, Moonlight Clown would be a good name for a scented candle (the scent would be blackberry mixed with cotton candy). Second, I think it would depend on what the clown was holding. If the clown is standing there in the moonlight holding a knife obviously I'm about to die and I'd be frightened, but if they're holding like a bouquet of flowers or a heart shaped box of chocolates I would feel more confused and aroused because maybe I'm about to get some clussy.

This is a reckless attitude to take and will likely result in you being cocooned in cotton candy and exsanguinated.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

dont threaten me with a good time

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
IT: The Whole Bloody Affair is Mama 2, plan accordingly.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hell yeah, Kill Count finally doing Re-Animator

Also I'm watching Child's Play 2 and it's way more fun that #2

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Drunkboxer posted:

This is a reckless attitude to take and will likely result in you being cocooned in cotton candy and exsanguinated.

Kvlt! posted:

dont threaten me with a good time

What he said.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

IT: The Whole Bloody Affair is Mama 2, plan accordingly.

High praise

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Does chapter 2 still end every scene in Pennywise running at folks going oogie boogie?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you don’t want oogie boogie clowns than this isn’t the series for you

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

COOL CORN posted:

Hell yeah, Kill Count finally doing Re-Animator

Also I'm watching Child's Play 2 and it's way more fun that #2

His kill counts on final destination are must watch as he talks about how each kill was done.

Such a great YouTuber

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like watching the ones for movies I have no interest in like the TCM ones that aren’t 1, 2, and the remake.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pomp posted:

Does chapter 2 still end every scene in Pennywise running at folks going oogie boogie?

I rewatches Chapter 1 last night and this happens Way Too loving Much

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Pomp posted:

If it happens it's no where near as much, maybe once or twice.

Child's Play 2 is an underappreciated classic.

"Just shut up and drive or I'll kick your loving teeth in!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

RE: IT

Who knew the old spice guy could act.