Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

RJWaters2 posted:

By my count that is 6 stacks of 15 pizzas, or only $900 worth. Might buy that just for the experience

I'd say that the worth is vastly in excess of 900. That might be the price, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My 20 stack was $216.41. So someone do the math.

Not it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Those are just boxes. You don't keep fresh pizzas sitting in the aisle.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat, is trump hosting a basketball team again

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Gaius Marius posted:

I want to believe

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

My 20 stack was $216.41. So someone do the math.

Not it

421 calories/$ or 91,200 calories total

Edit: assuming you chose the correct option, combo

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

They’re not in the aisle, they’re at the checkout lane awaiting their final destination: Bob’s business luncheon.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Costco trip report
-the Kirkland softshell jacket for $20 bux is a probuy
-a gallon of quality Kirkland 2% milk for just $2.54
-more Açaí bites cuz the lady loves them
-a 3 pack of the 32 degrees men’s underwear which are very nice and breathable.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Just one gallon? That's not much of a deal. It's only $1.29 for a gallon at Meijer.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

GI_Clutch posted:

Just one gallon? That's not much of a deal. It's only $1.29 for a gallon at Meijer.

High. Quality. Kirkland™️. Milk.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I got a Kirkland leather jacket for a hundred bucks. It’s nice I guess?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

GI_Clutch posted:

Do you live in Iowa or something? Even on Illinois I don't recall milk cheaper than $2/gal ever.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

A gallon of normal milk is six loving dollars in Puerto Rico.

Remind me to check how much they go for at Costco this weekend!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

GI_Clutch posted:

Also, just one gallon? You gotta buy two gallons here, which is about a gallon more than we ever need at once.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Anyone ever tried one of the Marmot hoodies Costco has in the men's active wear section? Or just Marmot in general? The cold will be coming soon and a new hoodie is needed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Anyone ever tried one of the Marmot hoodies Costco has in the men's active wear section? Or just Marmot in general? The cold will be coming soon and a new hoodie is needed.

Marmot is a really good brand. I bought the shirts this year and am very happy with them. They have a great warranty too.

How much are they? I might have to make a trek to get one.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Moey posted:

Do you live in Iowa or something? Even on Illinois I don't recall milk cheaper than $2/gal ever.

Ohio. Meijer brand milk is $1.89. Their Penny Smart label is $1.29 but has the same nutritional info. Everyone buys that now unless it's sold out and they have to get the regular store brand.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We get the organic whole milk from Costco, It’s like $10 for 3 half gallons, it’s good though.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Marmot is a really good brand. I bought the shirts this year and am very happy with them. They have a great warranty too.

How much are they? I might have to make a trek to get one.

Not sure if they're in the warehouse but they're only 21.99 on the website.

https://www.costco.com/Marmot-Men%e2%80%99s-Hooded-Sweatshirt.product.100471757.html

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

GI_Clutch posted:

Milk where I'm at is like 3 bucks a gallon and i'm in the state of happy cows.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Some states have price controls/subsidies on milk which may explain why it is so cheap in some places.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Joe Friday posted:

The Costco closest to me is Pentagon City, and other than being a truly eclectic mix of folks and an absolute madhouse 100% of the time, they sell chocolate Pentagons and chocolate Capitol buildings.

This is also the one nearest to my work. They also have whole goats in the meat section, in case you want to go hoggoat wild.

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~
Went to Costco for a bunch of stuff, but something was different:

:siren:

I felt proud as I turned the handle to dispense the onions onto my hot dog for the first time. PBUC.

Asking for onions every time did work.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hail onionizer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

spacebard posted:

I felt proud as I turned the handle to dispense the onions onto my hot dog for the first time. PBUC.

I’m the lock on the hopper to prevent ppl from scooping their hands in there and filling up a Tupperware with “free onions”

This would happen

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

priznat posted:

I’m the lock on the hopper to prevent ppl from scooping their hands in there and filling up a Tupperware with “free onions”

This would happen

Also to prevent people from introducing non onion things. Unfortunately humankind is vile.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

spacebard posted:

This thing is awesome.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

spacebard posted:

Congratulations! I love using that thing.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

spacebard posted:

Used one of these to put onions on my pep slice last night. People give me looks, but the message is clear: "this guy is next level".

Thank you to this thread for this pro 'co strat.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I feel like I'm having a stroke or something, hasn't the onion crank been around for like 20 years?

Someone once posted here about seeing a dude bring a ziplock bag into Costco and just crank the onions until the entire bag was full, and then leave. Can't decide if that's a baller move or not, but leaning towards "not baller" because Costco loves us and wants us to be happy. Don't take advantage of Costco.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 7, 2019

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

I feel like I'm having a stroke or something, hasn't the onion crank been around for like 20 years?

Someone once posted here about seeing a dude bring a ziplock bag into Costco and just crank the onions until the entire bag was full, and then leave. Can't decide if that's a baller move or a not, but leaning towards "not baller" because Costco loves us and wants us to be happy. Don't take advantage of Costco.

Yeah some places don't have them. I think someone mentioned that in Korea people just load up on onions and ketchup or something and just eat that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah some places don't have them. I think someone mentioned that in Korea people just load up on onions and ketchup or something and just eat that.

Now I'm picturing a kimchi dispenser and I want it to be real. I'm putting that on one of those feedback notes.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

El Jebus posted:

Now I'm picturing a kimchi dispenser

Yeah the Korean food court onion thing is 100% real and it's actually called Costco Kimchi. They could never put out an actual kimchi dispenser in Korea, they would go out of business in a week.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
But they could install one here in Palm Springs...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Yeah the Korean food court onion thing is 100% real and it's actually called Costco Kimchi. They could never put out an actual kimchi dispenser in Korea, they would go out of business in a week.

:discourse:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The other thing to note about Korea is that the concept of banchan. When you go to a restaurant in Korea they usually give you a few free small side dishes of random stuff. It's really good.

I'm assuming the banchan connection is why the Costco Kimchi phenomenon is more or less unique to Korea.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Taima posted:

The other thing to note about Korea is that the concept of banchan. When you go to a restaurant in Korea they usually give you a few free small side dishes of random stuff. It's really good.

I'm assuming the banchan connection is why the Costco Kimchi phenomenon is more or less unique to Korea.

korean sumptuary laws were based on number of dishes for centuries

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

That is super interesting, please elaborate!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Taima posted:

It's come up before in the thread, but mixing the onions, ketchup and mustard as a banchan is why onion consumption in Korean Costcos is 20 times higher than in the U.S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Taima posted:

That is super interesting, please elaborate!

ok, so i can't find a decent english source, and it's not actually all the story: for example there were beef and pork and liquor bans throughout which were enforced with various effectiveness

have this one instead about a wine ban

The Confucian Kingship in Korea: Yongjo and the Politics of Sagacity posted:

The king went to Honghwa Gate. One Yu Segyo, accused of having violated the wine law, was brought in. A big crowd of city inhabitants gathered. It was expected that the head of the accused would be displayed on a pike as a warning.

The king ordered that the tribunal officials examine the wine jar. They all said it was wine. Next, he asked that it be shown to commoners. They all said it was wine. He then addressed his ministers: "The accused says it is vinegar and others say it is wine. You lords examine it closely." The Minister of the Left, Kim Sangno, said: "At first, it looked like wine, but when I dipped a piece of paper and smelled it, it was more like vinegar."

The king went inside and ordered a eunuch to bring the wine jar. After a while, the king returned and said: "Since a man's life is of uttermost importance, I have tasted it myself. It was indeed vinegar." He ordered the accused freed and those who arrested him relieved of their posts.