Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Sean posted:

Nah, you didn't mean it's not exclusively a woman's name. You specifically said the best Gwyn ever was a man. I'm flashing back now to the last thread where you had to defend yourself to multiple people that you're not alt right and I mentioned that your avatar looked like a white male mass murderer. I didn't even say that you were but for ~some reason~ that hit a nerve.

I’m talking about Dark Souls bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Zyla posted:

lmao where did this come from :allears:

keep goin

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817553&pagenumber=2530&perpage=40#post497733442

somehow it was a minithread of a derail about if smash is a real fighting game and was from the paper magic thread

my main point was fadam changed their position while claiming to have kept the same position.

I'm done with this now, though

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jesus did I gently caress your wife or something why are you behaving like a crazy person?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Anyways, I can't get into any of the Brawl decks. I'm probably not piloting them well but I constantly seem to not have anything to play despite having a ton of land. Probably I'm just on the wrong end of the statistical bell curve but still.

vvv - the avatar

The Sean fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 7, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gonna say that if someone said I looked like a mass murderer I would also take offense regardless of the context

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Gonna say that if someone said I looked like a mass murderer I would also take offense regardless of the context

To be fair to The Sean, while my Avatar is clearly a cave man and looks nothing like a school shooter, I do look like a school shooter in real life.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fadam posted:

To be fair to The Sean, while my Avatar is clearly a mono U player

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fadam posted:

To be fair to The Sean, while my Avatar is clearly a cave man and looks nothing like a school shooter, I do look like a school shooter in real life.

idk maybe show and put it up to a thread vote

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Sean posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817553&pagenumber=2530&perpage=40#post497733442

somehow it was a minithread of a derail about if smash is a real fighting game and was from the paper magic thread

my main point was fadam changed their position while claiming to have kept the same position.

I'm done with this now, though

You're crazy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

God bless

Zyla posted:

idk maybe show and put it up to a thread vote

Before or after I wash this Joker makeup off

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wish I wasn't broke since adding "Mono U player" to that avatar would be fantastic

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/officialDannyT/status/1170439219250003969

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How do I get Danny Trejo to sign my entire Arena collection.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sick, I can get half of the dicks out for Harambe guys to sign my Kird Ape.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How did Danny Trejo get into promoting MTG anyway, I remembeer those ads with him and Day[9]

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DrSunshine posted:

Make lots of food tokens and bring them to life with Karn and whatever else turns things into artifact creatures! RAWR, I smash you with a giant walking pie!

EDIT: I love "Bake into a Pie". It's legit one of the silliest black cards I've ever seen.

My friend let me tell you about Noggin Whack

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 8, 2019

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Trejo plays Boots the Monkey in the live-action Dora the Explorer film.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Better scans read Elk. Rowdy young bucks, I assume.

Also all three walkers from the set proper are really cool designs, even without dipping back into the passive space, gonna be fun to play around with them.

Off-brand Puck really should turn people into Donkeys. I guess the Unglued set used all the good "rear end" jokes already.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Lone Goat posted:

Holy poo poo is that Jemaine Clement

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Drafted Golos, Dread Presence and x3 cutthroat and it felt like I was playing a different format from my opponents with their vorstclaws

kater
Nov 16, 2010

IMJack posted:

Off-brand Puck really should turn people into Donkeys. I guess the Unglued set used all the good "rear end" jokes already.

An elk is basically a forest donkey.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fadam posted:

Jesus did I gently caress your wife or something why are you behaving like a crazy person?

Going out on a limb to suggest that you’ve never hosed ANYBODY’s wife.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

ah, finally got to watch an opponent time out during their scapeshift and not get any lands back on the battlefield

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Lone Goat posted:

Brb brewing up mono-B slapstick deck

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

What's the best new searchable card database with lots of filter options now? Gatherer has been busted for like a year, it seems.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
https://scryfall.com/

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Danke. I knew I'd used this before but couldn't remember the name.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What's broken in gatherer? It seems to work fine for me but I've been using it so long it's just a bad habit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I miss looking up a card on gatherer and seeing what people from 15 years ago thought about cards. Also in-jokes like with Scornful Egotist and Storm Crow

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Storm Crow jokes are still funny, fight me nerds

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Going out on a limb to suggest that you’ve never hosed

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

What's broken in gatherer? It seems to work fine for me but I've been using it so long it's just a bad habit.

I have a really old bookmark for Gatherer that's no longer a valid URL, so I was under the impression it was broken for a while. Maybe that's what's happening here.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

IMJack posted:

I have a really old bookmark for Gatherer that's no longer a valid URL, so I was under the impression it was broken for a while. Maybe that's what's happening here.

It mostly works. Comments have been broken since 1999 though.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Winding back for a minute:

I suspect brawl is gonna be v. ugly when ToE comes out. 5 sets is not a lot to work with.
Some commanders will be fine, like any commander that can just play whatever and get value out of it (Chulainne, Alela, to a lesser extent Yarok), others are just gonna be SoL until the card pool refills.

To reiterate, I hope ToE proper has got some good equipment in it because why make an equipment based commander, feature it, then not put any good equipment in the set.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://mtgazone.com/mtg-arenas-latest-update-finds-new-datamined-creature-cards/

Maybe some cards added for historic?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Goddamn I hate this angel deck. It's not that good, I get it, just that every time I run into it my opponent seems to get an absolutely nuts initial hand, and I either keep or mulligan into something extremely mediocre. Just bad luck every time.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Goddamn I hate this angel deck. It's not that good, I get it, just that every time I run into it my opponent seems to get an absolutely nuts initial hand, and I either keep or mulligan into something extremely mediocre. Just bad luck every time.

Angel deck?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

PJOmega posted:

Angel deck?

I assume they're talking about the Mardu angel deck that runs Bishop of Wings and a fuckload of angels to fill up the board with hefty flyers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ChrisBTY posted:

Some commanders will be fine, like any commander that can just play whatever and get value out of it (Chulainne, Alela, to a lesser extent Yarok), others are just gonna be SoL until the card pool refills.
Kaalia needs creatures of the chosen type and on curve to be worthwhile, but it feels like Omnath, Korvald, Rienne and Kykar are all fine in the smaller pool with Kethis maybe being good if this set does have lots of legends and the rare land cycle is legendary. Turn 4 Garruk, Ugin or Liliana on the play is pretty exciting. Bolas is probably fine though the mana is pretty wonky. I'm not really sure what to make of most of the mono or dual legends. Little Domri looks good, Gorgon queen is interesting, though Izoni is maybe the best Golgari commander? Anyway point being when you dig through the legends the potential pool to build around them doesn't seem quite that bad. I'm really excited to try out brawl in october, it looks like the perfect casual queue.

Teysa and the twins both might make it. I'm less high on Teferi than a lot of people since the removal suite for a UW control deck feels under-represented.

Gwyn feels intended for casual edh more than anything. Maybe there's a ton of knights and equipment. I doubt it. The previewed circle card looks dope for her but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Down With People posted:

I assume they're talking about the Mardu angel deck that runs Bishop of Wings and a fuckload of angels to fill up the board with hefty flyers.

This. A great opening hand is 3 plains (or other untapped white), Ajani's Welcome, Bishop of Wings, and a Resplendent Angel. If you can't kill the Bishop or Angel before the end of T3, they now have a free 4/4 flyer coming every single turn or until you kill one. There are other hands that are nearly as ugly, but I've run into that exact T1-T3 at least 4 times.