Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Live At Five! posted:

The martini is supremely satisfying. I miss the early days of BF1 where it was bugged and killed in one shot if you hit someone anywhere above the waist. It's still fun but not nearly as much as back then.

this is the best BF1 vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7xnshzycPI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Someone post the plane kill from horseback gif

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

bf1 was full of bf moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opgdFKzKXPk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cjXnd5BHDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04lLI8593g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQX41nT0PNg

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Martini “KaDOOM” Henry

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sunday at work posted:

Modern Warfare is going to have a 32 v 32 player mode with choppers and tanks.

really? poo poo I'm probably going to have to get this. The more they release about it the more appealing it sounds.

it makes sense because they already have 100 player blackout with vehicles and stuff. The only thing is that if Blackout is any indication there is zero chance it will look nearly as pretty as battlefield or have any of the destruction. The maps in general will probably feel extremely static coming from BF. On the flipside the matchmaking will be infinitely better, it'll be all around way less janky and COD shooting is just flat out more fun that Battlefield imo.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Man how did they miss the mark so badly with BFV.

Pre nerf martini henry gave me some of the best moments in the early days.

That and driving around with utter reckless abandon with the party truck and quick repair.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Arty truck was such a beast at launch. I had a nice 50+ kill streak with it that I will never forget. :rip:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Decided to try and play again for a bit. Get Fjell. Yup game still rear end

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Fastest find us a game im done with Apex

:shrug: Let me know if anything catches your fancy. I've just been doing single player games with the occasional BF5 match. Tanks can be fun if you get the right map, problem is there are a bunch of poo poo maps. Also thinking of building a pc in the fall so maybe we just move over to that.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

FastestGunAlive posted:

:shrug: Let me know if anything catches your fancy. I've just been doing single player games with the occasional BF5 match. Tanks can be fun if you get the right map, problem is there are a bunch of poo poo maps. Also thinking of building a pc in the fall so maybe we just move over to that.

Competitive FPS games on PC are too much work.

Maybe the new COD with vehicles will get DICE to reassign whoever has been in charge of the last few BFs and we'll get a good game again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe Dice could reassign their publisher? That would be a good start.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh my god there’s an echo if you reload under the B bridge on Arras

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Oh my god there’s an echo if you reload under the B bridge on Arras

How can they so masterfully execute the smallest details like this, but then ***gestures at entirety of BFV***

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Frostbite is a kludge of a game engine.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I've weirdly been finding myself enjoying bfv again. Playing TDM as support with the FG42 and AP mines, or just loving around with halftracks in conquest. They're surprisingly effective since people tend to just get them to a point and abandon them. If you just sit still in the hull gunner's seat it's pretty easy to farm kills with.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The VGO in firestorm might be like, the absolute worst gun I have ever seen in a video game. And for some reason half of the guns on the ground are VGOs now for some reason.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

Well Dice's ace is 2 new maps for smaller game modes and 3 guns we already knew about for holding people over for a lack of content. I'm done. gently caress this game and live services.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Well Dice's ace is 2 new maps for smaller game modes and 3 guns we already knew about for holding people over for a lack of content. I'm done. gently caress this game and live services.

Did they not even mention the Pacific content? Holy hell who is in charge over there?

I'm gonna laugh my rear end off if those rumors about EA making them swap a nearly done BC3 for V so they could open next gen in a modern setting turn out to be true since it looks like Call of Duty is about to steal their whole market.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

reminder that Al Sundan conquest is still not live

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

sunday at work posted:

Did they not even mention the Pacific content? Holy hell who is in charge over there?

They were building toward a competitive 5v5 mode which they just scrapped as well. At this point, they are just doing whatever because Elite Skins are what we want......right?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

dog nougat posted:

Frostbite is a kludge of a game engine.

quote:

The explanation for this lag can be summed up in one word, a word that has plagued many of EA’s studios for years now, most notably BioWare and the now-defunct Visceral Games, a word that can still evoke a mocking smile or sad grimace from anyone who’s spent any time with it.

That word, of course, is Frostbite.

“Frostbite is full of razor blades,” one former BioWare employee told me a few weeks ago, aptly summing up the feelings of perhaps hundreds of game developers who have worked at Electronic Arts over the past few years.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
EA and Dice while trying to be like cod is about to lose their entire player base to them.
It really is their worst thing that could happen to them. Their worst nightmare and it's loving hilarious. rip in peace

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
They did cancel the 5v5 mode so maybe there’s hope yet. I like the game mostly but I find live services to be exhausting, even when I ignore them (which I do in bf). But without new maps, new vehicles, and some balancing passes (on vehicles) I haven’t had much interest in booting the game in the past two months

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
I've popped on for the odd couple of hours, but honestly I'm just killing time now until the next big shootmans game drops (undecided on whether to pick up the next GR, or hold out til Modern Warfare).

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

zooted heh posted:

EA and Dice while trying to be like cod is about to lose their entire player base to them.
It really is their worst thing that could happen to them. Their worst nightmare and it's loving hilarious. rip in peace

I didn't really get the direction they were going with. I wished they kept with the same tone as BF1 without all the customization and focus on the Battles. Why mess up a good thing?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The week ten tow reward hasn’t been revealed yet. Place your bets: another waterproof weapon skin, or another melee weapon that doesn’t count towards melee assignments/challenges

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A better team based shooter just got released (kinda). Come play the new Plants vs Zombies, m'lords

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been playing some more conquest lately and the number one thing I want from BF right now is for it not to be such a loving meat grinder. I swear it's like every level feels like the worst bits of BF4. Like, it just feels like such an incoherent experience. I've never had a problem finding my groove in Battlefield but in BF5 even after probably 25-30 hours of Conquest I feel like I'm just kill trading, spawning all over the map... It's just not that fun. I feel like it's rare I can survive for more than a minute or two because there is just soooo much camping and so many choke points. In BF4 and BC2 I'd sometimes go entire rounds without dying and I don't feel like I was that much better back then. It feels like it's by design. Also I just hate the classes now. I used to always play engineer but the assault just feels ineffective and weak by comparison . Destroying tanks solo used to be by jam but it feels almost impossible now because the AT weapons feel dickless. My final beef is how bad the spotting system is now. Why the gently caress would they get rid of just letting you spot people? In a game where you can't see a goddamn thing anymore cause the graphics are too good.

Just feels like the game is marred by bad design decisions all over. Which is a shame because it's beautiful and plays well. Battlefield is just feeling like it gets less fun with each iteration at this point.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RIP
Battlefield

1942-1942

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Tei posted:

RIP
Battlefield

1942-1942

Lol

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopped back into this after a long hiatus on account of Super Mario Maker 2. Actually been kinda enjoying Squad Conquest. The smaller player count actually helps me not die from what I deem to be dumb bullshit nearly as often. The recoil changes to the MP28 in the most recent patch has made it a total beast of a gun. Just running the hip fire specializations and x-mags and gunning dudes down with near impunity.

Problem w/ squad conquest is the lack of vehicles for the most part. It basically turns it into COD with Battlefield mechanics, not ideal to say the least, but I'm at least finding myself enjoying the game again to some degree.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
fastest you getting borderlands?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’m going through old clips of my BF1 games and lollin’

So much arty truck, assault tank, and AT rocket hilarity. What a great game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am considering downloading plant versus zombies. the new battlefield style game. Looks like a good game.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Of all the things that could have feasibly been added to a WWII BF game a remake of Metro is easily the least interesting.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Going to log in for the first time in months to peep al Sudan although I’m told it’s already a sniper camp fest. Fortunately I’m a tank whore (oh yea they added a second anti tank rifle to the sniper class). I will not be peepin metro.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Metro?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I tried al Sudan today and it was fairly unremarkable. Tank balance still poo poo but still feels great to one shot tanks with the 4000lb bomb on the mosquito tho.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Pacific content trailer on 10/23.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Played a few rounds of Breakthrough last night with Fastest. We had a great time. Game seems to be running well.

Looking forward to the Pacific stuff, but CoD comes out at the end of the week. Seems like that might take over my mp fps fix.