Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Who's coming to DuckFest?

https://www.abjectsuffering.com/duckfest2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Big fan of Gary's incredible disdain for Kole's Alexa making a reappearance

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Gary has hinted a few times that he was disappointed by a Norm MacDonald live show, but without much detail. Is there an episode where he goes in depth about that?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
He actually talks about it in this month’s WOFF dispatch. It’ll be up on early release tomorrow morning.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Nuclear take: Tetris-B is a better music track than Tetris-A.

E: That was a cool Tetris episode though.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 30, 2019

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

C-Euro posted:

Nuclear take: Tetris-B is a better music track than Tetris-A.

Mods?!?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
You brought bonfireside chat back ? Oh you.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

MIMP has become my favorite show and there is a lot of great competition. The lovecraft book has been solid but gotta give it up for the shadowrun series. I think it had the most frequent “Kole yells at Gary for a pun” episodes

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Uncensor the guppy sex scene you cowards

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Hyrax Attack! posted:

MIMP has become my favorite show and there is a lot of great competition. The lovecraft book has been solid but gotta give it up for the shadowrun series. I think it had the most frequent “Kole yells at Gary for a pun” episodes

Shadowrun was weird, because on one hand, the goofy format of the book was good fodder for discussion (the fake internet stuff), but a lot of the entries are just animals without much of a twist or hook.

The Malleus Monstrorum is just chock full of racist poo poo to talk about.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Wrestlepig posted:

Uncensor the guppy sex scene you cowards

Hard disagree

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh I always kind of assumed Jontron had a big role in A Hat in Time so I avoided it like the plague. The guys were surprisingly positive about it overall, maybe I should check it out!

I don't get the Banjo hate though, that game is fantastic.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Banjo games would make a good woff because of their structure but they’d hate it so much. I’ve absorbed enough Gary Energy to know how he’d respond to the banjo tooie FPS sections.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The only bird and bear that get the time of day from me are Reginald and Beartato from Nedroid.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Is sex with socks on really a faux pas?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Beartaco posted:

Not in Minnesota, at least not in the winter.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Beartaco posted:

Virgin spotted :v:

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
oh noooooooo :smith:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gary’s *record scratch* yeah turns out Jon Tron was an even bigger piece of poo poo than I remembered * was amazing. gently caress that poo poo head. He has maybe the most punchable face on the planet.

Your Gay Uncle fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jul 11, 2019

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I just listened to that part and I agree. I've never heard of the dude, so using that kind of editorial rather than offering a correction in the next episode is a good thing.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Any plans for Outer Wilds? It just shot up to my favourite adventure game of all time, albeit an extremely unusual one, and it struck me it would be right in Gary and Koles wheelhouse.

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 11, 2019

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I don't really follow Game Grumps, but it's incredibly satisfying how Arin Hanson booted Jontron out on his rear end from the show and turned it into one of the biggest let's play powerhouses on Youtube.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Bug Squash posted:

Any plans for Outer Wilds? It just shot up to my favourite adventure game of all time, albeit an extremely unusual one, and it struck me it would be right in Gary and Koles wheelhouse.

No plans, but I am interested in playing it. Our year is basically booked, but if me and Kole both play it and don't think we'll do an episode on it any time soon, we might throw up a patreon quick talk about it or something. It's been a minute since we've done one of those. I can only speak for myself, but I've been busy with stuff for the show/real life/ PLANNING DUCKFEST WHICH YOU SHOULD ALL GO TO.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
What are some more examples of streamer cameos in videogames? I know Simon from the Yogscast ended up as paid DLC in Sonic All Stars Transformed to raise money for charity. There was also an episode of Minecraft Story Mode where it was a murder mystery with a bunch of Minecraft personalities I'd never heard of. I actually enjoyed both of those!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Beartaco posted:

What are some more examples of streamer cameos in videogames? I know Simon from the Yogscast ended up as paid DLC in Sonic All Stars Transformed to raise money for charity. There was also an episode of Minecraft Story Mode where it was a murder mystery with a bunch of Minecraft personalities I'd never heard of. I actually enjoyed both of those!

Kinda related, Shadowrun Returns had an excessive amount of in-game character portraits based on kickstarter backers. It was distracting and weird, but got dropped in the sequels.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh man, Gary and Kole's breakdown at the end of this weeks Abject Suffering had me laughing way too hard in public.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Beartaco posted:

Oh man, Gary and Kole's breakdown at the end of this weeks Abject Suffering had me laughing way too hard in public.

The sudden and unexpected return of "mind control / amulet!" in exquisite suffering nearly ended me. They're doing incredible work.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just started your Final Fantasy V WOFF, and hard agree on the game being way too stingy with AP and too harsh with AP requirements. I think I stalled out in some castle in the mid-game where you could go in the basement and fight groups of monsters that were both weak to L5 Death and gave a bunch of AP, but I guess I just lost interest in grinding.

More generally, I like these types of jRPGs where you can level characters in these different jobs, but I'm constantly gripped with job OCD so I end up leveling everyone a few times in a bunch of different jobs just so I can play skill dress-up, when what I should be doing is power-leveling each character in one or two so that they're actually strong. I had the same issue in Bravely Default where your level in each class influences your base stats, but the system rewards you for being really high-level in one class vs having a few levels in a bunch of classes. So if you switch from your high-level class to get some new skills, you're suddenly going to feel way underleveled. I want one of these games where you're rewarded for dabbling like you said Kole, but I don't know that any of them do.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
My main takeaway from the FF5 woff is that a Let Us Cling Together episode isn't out of the realm of possibility. That would own and personally I'd prefer it over a FFT revisit. I actually listened to the old FFT woff not too long ago and it holds up pretty well imo.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

C-Euro posted:

More generally, I like these types of jRPGs where you can level characters in these different jobs, but I'm constantly gripped with job OCD so I end up leveling everyone a few times in a bunch of different jobs just so I can play skill dress-up, when what I should be doing is power-leveling each character in one or two so that they're actually strong.

Same, but more thinking that the grass is greener in another job than any sort of OCD. It's the same reason I had a million Diablo 2 characters, but none of them ever went above level 40 or so.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

My main takeaway from the FF5 woff is that a Let Us Cling Together episode isn't out of the realm of possibility. That would own and personally I'd prefer it over a FFT revisit. I actually listened to the old FFT woff not too long ago and it holds up pretty well imo.

I'd call it an inevitability instead of a possibility. I'm very thirsty for it, and I do think we're going to take a JRPG break and do strategy for a lil. Other than maybe Lost Kingdoms.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

gonna need pics of all the hot hot dr skingood cosplay at duckfest.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

gonna need pics of all the hot hot dr skingood cosplay at duckfest.

If someone showed up as Doctor Skingood, I'd probably have to flee before making dickjoke one.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh my god, my jaw was on the floor listening to Gary's tales of bastardry.

What the hell, man?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
You ain’t cleaning poo poo

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
Is this about Gary and his cool buddies pissing in some random stranger's fridge? Yeah, that was weird. I guess there was no governing body to tell him you can't do that.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

The apartment was unrented! It wasn't anyone's fridge yet, but yeah, I know what I did. (looks down, digs toe in dirt)

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/prettydarke/status/1168939113942343680?s=20

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Having listened to the Giant Bomb podcast for years, the tales from it of Jeff Gerstmann and his dirtbag friends in the 90's make fridge pissing not even a blip on my dirtbag radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I have to assume you’re posting this because these guys know Zack, but it’s hard to tell whether it’s supposed to be a PSA or a gotcha. If it’s the latter, that’s loving vile of you, and if it’s the former it’s really inappropriate for this thread. Like do you seriously think that’s something that needs to be or will be addressed on this forum?