Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Kaiju Girl returns to the music festival, just in time for Harugon to show up, too!

edit:

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
She's the best

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Eldritch Senpai

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Some more Kemo-life wait no? it's a repost of the previous 10?

They reordered everything in the English translation for whatever reason. Just read it all again.

nielsm fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 24, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
So, Arawi Keiichi's (nichijou) new series, CITY, just got a shitload of updates. I wasn't feeling it as much as nichijou at first but the new chapters have a story line with the most ridiculous climax I've ever seen in a surreal manga at chapter 53. Pretty refreshing stuff

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Shimeiji Simulation continues.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Sleepy Princess and Monsters Can't Clean
Both involving someone taking a day off.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

She looks like she stepped right out of Way Of The House Husband.

The Number Girls have finished summer vacation, and are back to school.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I'm wondering if 16 is OK.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Mieruko gets a bonus chapter.

Notice that the ghost was making noise in a photograph.

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

Reallycoolname posted:

Mieruko gets a bonus chapter.

Notice that the ghost was making noise in a photograph.

Nah it's cause it was poking it's head through the TV displaying the photo in the studio. Though there was also another ghost in the tent in the photo below the fake ghost lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
in the latest Mizore, Rin is a very good girl.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

I've always found tsunderes to be annoying but... this one is not bad??

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Tsundere character types seem very difficult to write properly, because first you have to decide whether you want the classic type that warms up to the other characters around them or whether you want the new type which essentially continues to flip between tsun and dere at the drop of the hat all throughout their arcs.
On top of that comes writing characters which are actually interesting despite their standoff-ish ways, not because of them (because that makes them come off as one-dimentional). This is especially difficult if the author is writing the new type, because quite often it's hard to get any other characteristic to properly shine through, and even if they succeed to begin with it seems to be very hard to base an arc around for the character to evolve and improve.
I used to share your sentiments about tsundere, to the point that I'd actively go out of my way to avoid routes in visual novels which had tsundere characters - but I've sort of changed my stance on it, since I found people who understood my plight, which meant that I got to read stories about tsundere characters which actually did did have character arcs that they went through and changed them for the better, and I think I would've been poorer from not reading those stories.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

From recent memory I can't say she even reads as a tsundere. Her vampire pride has already been laid bare, she just genuinely wants to repay someone for their kindness and is an utter goofball at doing so.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Tsunderes are good, actually.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

DrSunshine posted:

So... It's not like you like her, or anything, and we shouldn't get the wrong idea?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elfface posted:

So... It's not like you like her, or anything, and we shouldn't get the wrong idea? B.. Baka!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Villainess' Slow Prison Life

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Going to be very surprised if this doesn't end with her ruling the country from her cell.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
She's scary. Really scary.

I like that this is the opposite of Bakarina: She gets vindicated because she's too stupid to have orchestrated such a campaign of bullying, Rachel is so clever and sadistic that if she really had been bullying Margaret it would have been far worse.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 1, 2019

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Elfface posted:

So... It's not like you like her, or anything, and we shouldn't get the wrong idea?

N-no, it's not like that at all -- i-i-idiot!!! :blush:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new series, Demon King's Daughter is Too Kind
Dou, the demon king's daughter is just too nice. Healing the prisoners, helping the slaves, feeding lost animals, she is not walk the proper demonic path. Will Jahy, the kings advisor, be able to correct Dou or is her kindness more powerful than it seems.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huzzah! posted:

new series, Demon King's Daughter is Too Kind
Dou, the demon king's daughter is just too nice. Healing the prisoners, helping the slaves, feeding lost animals, she is not walk the proper demonic path. Will Jahy, the kings advisor, be able to correct Dou or is her kindness more powerful than it seems.

We all know Jahy is incompetent.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

I also appreciate an in-universe manga/anime exploration of the cuteness of flesh fangs.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

:siren: New Gyaru and Dinosaur :siren: Also, its getting an anime next year.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
new MaoMao.

Apparently the 'Final Part' just refers to this particular arc/chapter, not the end of the manga. At least, I hope so...

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Crasical posted:

new MaoMao.

Apparently the 'Final Part' just refers to this particular arc/chapter, not the end of the manga. At least, I hope so...
It looks like there are only 5 volumes published in Japan with the last one only published a little longer than a month ago, but the baka-updates entry still lists it as ongoing, so there's hope yet.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
It is pretty clearly not the end of the manga you doofuses

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
New She Sees Them, shopping edition.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
A small misunderstanding turns the whole castle upside-down.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

In the new chapter of Marie the Witch is not a Witch, the true antagonist is revealed.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Another now featuring in our Otome Game Isekai aisle, another chapter of Live Commentary has gone up.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Crasical posted:

Another now featuring in our Otome Game Isekai aisle, another chapter of Live Commentary has gone up.

This is good. Tsundere who isn't an rear end in a top hat, and who spreads the love around a lot.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Gyaru and Dinosaur's gotten picked back up again, what a happy day!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Ayakashi Ko

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

D. Ebdrup posted:

It looks like there are only 5 volumes published in Japan with the last one only published a little longer than a month ago, but the baka-updates entry still lists it as ongoing, so there's hope yet.

Well there's a lot more novels left to adapt...

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Nene is the best.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

More Kemolife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:iiam: