Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's come up before in the thread, but mixing the onions, ketchup and mustard as a banchan is why onion consumption in Korean Costcos is 20 times higher than in the U.S.

Also every time I went there was always at least one old lady who filled her entire purse with onions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

Also every time I went there was always at least one old lady who filled her entire purse with onions

it's always like a $500, $1k purse, too

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

A kilo of onions at the street market can sometimes be as much as 40 cents so I get it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Big spender today, got a chicken bake and mocha freeze (hold the syrup)

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Anyone ever tried one of the Marmot hoodies Costco has in the men's active wear section? Or just Marmot in general? The cold will be coming soon and a new hoodie is needed.

All of the clothes I've gotten from costco have been pretty decent. The main thing is it's sometimes hard to even find mediums sizes in stuff. All that's left over is the huge sizes.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Slider posted:

All of the clothes I've gotten from costco have been pretty decent. The main thing is it's sometimes hard to even find mediums sizes in stuff. All that's left over is the huge sizes.

I tend to find the opposite, bigger sizes go first.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
That could be an entirely regional problem if Costco just orders one standard distribution of sizes based on national averages. I was looking at golf shorts and they were all in larger sizes like 36-42, no 32s or 30s. I am in Colorado which is one of the leanest states.

If you only find the smaller sizes left, are you in a fatty state like Mississippi?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Not only can I typically not buy any clothes at Costco because they do not usually stock smalls, or like has been said, 30-32 waist pants/shorts, but regionally we already have a ton of sweatshirts and jeans out, along with the 32 Degree heat clothing.

I'm south of Tampa, Florida. It's going to be over 90 tomorrow. Again.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

shovelbum posted:

mocha freeze (hold the syrup)

Why the gently caress did this never occur to me till now

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Has anybody bought chicken wing packages either fresh or frozen? Doesn't seem like huge bag of butchered poultry is normally associated with quality, even if I'm otherwise happy with their beef/pork.

When I search at all I only see things like weird ASMR videos of people eating food court wings from Costco (what?)

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 8, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rescue Toaster posted:

Has anybody bought chicken wing packages either fresh or frozen? Doesn't seem like huge bag of butchered poultry is normally associated with quality, even if I'm otherwise happy with their beef/pork.

When I search at all I only see things like weird ASMR videos of people eating food court wings from Costco (what?)

Its just the same stuff you'd get in a store just in a larger bag :shrug:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How much was the chocolate Pentagon?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Rescue Toaster posted:

They only stock frozen at mine, and I was impressed with the sizes of the wings. They were great!

They do that ice wall thing that keeps them from being freezer burned and they keep well in the bag.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How much was the chocolate Pentagon?

It's like $10-12 iirc

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

StormDrain posted:

They only stock frozen at mine, and I was impressed with the sizes of the wings. They were great!

They do that ice wall thing that keeps them from being freezer burned and they keep well in the bag.

Awesome, thank you.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

StormDrain posted:

That could be an entirely regional problem if Costco just orders one standard distribution of sizes based on national averages. I was looking at golf shorts and they were all in larger sizes like 36-42, no 32s or 30s. I am in Colorado which is one of the leanest states.

If you only find the smaller sizes left, are you in a fatty state like Mississippi?

Same here in California. Often smalls are out almost all the time, mediums are usually well-stocked but sometimes go out for more limited-items, and then it's swimming in Large, X-XXL sizes. Pants 36 and up are abundant but getting a even 32 can be a pain and when I was a 30 almost no 30s. Gets worse if you're looking for like 32x30. I was also looking for some water shoes and everything left was like 12+ and the ~10s were gone.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Slider posted:

It's like the murphy's law of Costco clothing sizes. Whatever size you are is the size they won't have. I recently went from wearing XL's to M and I swear they always used to have tons of mediums before I lost weight. Now it's XL and XXL. Pants are by far the worst though since there's so many combinations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Why the gently caress did this never occur to me till now

Then it's called a latte freeze

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Goddamn the CostCo deals instagram had 3-pak Boo/Franken Berry + Count Chocula cereals and my lazy store didn't have them yet. :ghost:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Which one of you is this?

https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-obsessed-man-has-a-kirkland-signature-tattoo-2019-9

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

FilthyImp posted:

Goddamn the CostCo deals instagram had 3-pak Boo/Franken Berry + Count Chocula cereals and my lazy store didn't have them yet. :ghost:

Oh my God oh my God oh my God!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I've never been able to think of anything I'd want on my body forever but this might be it

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

you don't have to show ID or get your receipt checked if you get a kirkland tattoo

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Xaris posted:

Same here in California. Often smalls are out almost all the time, mediums are usually well-stocked but sometimes go out for more limited-items, and then it's swimming in Large, X-XXL sizes. Pants 36 and up are abundant but getting a even 32 can be a pain and when I was a 30 almost no 30s. Gets worse if you're looking for like 32x30. I was also looking for some water shoes and everything left was like 12+ and the ~10s were gone.

I've just been ordering clothes off the website. The selection is huge, shipping is free, same price as in the store (at least as far as I can tell), and I return anything that doesn't fit or I don't like to the store. I keep ~85% of what I order.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
This year's chocolates of the world assortment is out. Last year's was a bit disappointing; this year's seems a bit better from just glancing at the label.

EDIT: yeah, only tried 2 of them so far but I would say it's a little less exotic of an assortment but better quality overall than last year

pnumoman fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 9, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pnumoman posted:

This year's chocolates of the world assortment is out. Last year's was a bit disappointing; this year's seems a bit better from just glancing at the label.

EDIT: yeah, only tried 2 of them so far but I would say it's a little less exotic of an assortment but better quality overall than last year

How much quince is in this fuckin one!!

I bought one of those years ago and every other choc was p nasty. Sucks because I like the concept.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why are you guys buying this instead of the little chocolate bottles with liquor in them?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

How much quince is in this fuckin one!!

I bought one of those years ago and every other choc was p nasty. Sucks because I like the concept.

I don't have it in front of me, but the only one close to quince is the dark chocolate pear, and it was fine. It's a different mix every year, and this one is much better than last year's. The dark chocolate pear is the only kinda weird one, all the others are stuff like cookie dough, dark chocolate orange, white chocolate with coconut, etc. Oh, and there's a dark chocolate spiced merlot one that I like that may be a bit perfume-y for some.

Take a look at the label, they all taste about as you'd expect from the descriptions.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

It is all of us.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They gave me an extra container of onions with my dog today, so I decided to try out the ol' Costco banchan.

Meh. I guess I was expecting some kind of magical Korean food alchemy or something, but it was just cold onions, mustard, and ketchup.

The dog was, of course, still good.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone pick up a pumpkin pie yet?

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
what's costco's price on a bulk amount of american flags on this 9/11?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone pick up a pumpkin pie yet?

Pumpkin pie is maybe the one thing I don't like from my Costco. They are always undercooked, slightly soupy and with soggy crust. Everything else is good, pbuc

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Quite frankly, if it's not my Aunt Marge's pumpkin pie, it's poo poo. :colbert:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My hot take: pumpkin is the worst of the pie fillings. It’s a god drat vegetable. Even sweet potato is preferable!!!

Pie power ranking

1) Cherry
2) Apple
3) Pecan
4) Lemon Meringue
5) Peach
456) Key Lime
457) Rhubarb
458) Sweet potato
459) Pumpkin

:colbert:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

priznat posted:

456) Key Lime

458) Sweet potato
459) Pumpkin

Look at how wrong you are.

(I've never had a rhubarb pie so am agnostic)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ok maybe key lime isn’t that bad

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Strawberry-rhubarb is top choice. Terrible list.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

(I've never had a rhubarb pie so am agnostic)

Most rhubarb pie is bad. Good rhubarb pie is absolutely top tier in terms of pies, it’s just rare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Strawberry bumps it up to tolerable but straight rhubarb is awful, requires 3lbs of sugar to be edible.