Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL at crafting 4 Nexus now

This very smart fella crafted four Ferocidons without realizing they were still banned in Bo1.

Was quite bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yeah, I was hyped when I saw no Scapeshift, but then saw the 4 Nexus.

Nope.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

You know, with the way things are now, the real rarity will be having the level 1 cat to display.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Next draft format is Ravnica Allegiance next weekend.
Throne draft looks to start on October the 11th.
Standard 2020 with the xp bonus arrives tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts on what they're going to play?

For anyone who glossed over it like me, the Renewal bonus is stuff added to your Throne of Eldraine Mastery Pass on the free track. So if you know anyone casually playing or looking to play, you might wanna push them to make an account the day before and get the bonus stuff on the 26th or login both days to get the bonuses. It's 10 rare ICRs and the path adds 6 additional packs plus some uncommons so that's sort of nice.

Personally I just read "more stuff on the mastery pass" and assumed it was on the pay path.

Also I look forward to them not fixing ICRs to duplicate protection and piles of screaming on reddit from people who get two bad rares from throne and 160 gems. Good ol' reddit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is that something they are actually doing? Putting ICR on dupe protect?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Trying to prep for tomorrow's Standard 2020 event, and Boros Feather seems to have most or it's power in place come rotation. Biggest blows are losing Adanto Vanguard and Reckless Rage.

Trying to figure out how to work around those losses. Here's a pile of card I have right now:

What would best to keep and cut? Swiftblade Vindicator (not shown) has a lot of swing to it if it goes off, and Fencing Ace is a lesser version but possibly usable, but they are also just fragile 1/1's. Sure Strike feels like an okay replacement for Reckless Rage as it can stop Deathtouch damage. Is there any room for Naya with Season of Growth and Giant Growth instead of infuriate? I would appreciate any help with this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

kater posted:

I've gotten gems from ICRs.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Some Numbers posted:

I've gotten gems from ICRs.

Same.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You definitely need shock.

I also like 1-3 Gideons, as the lifegain can put you back in games you've otherwise lost, but I'm not sure where to take them from given you're already looking to make cuts.

kater posted:

From constructed events and daily ICRs no, but supposedly the 3 mythics code had protection and they just didn't use it for the mastery pass.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Waffleopolis posted:

Trying to prep for tomorrow's Standard 2020 event, and Boros Feather seems to have most or it's power in place come rotation. Biggest blows are losing Adanto Vanguard and Reckless Rage.

Trying to figure out how to work around those losses. Here's a pile of card I have right now:

What would best to keep and cut? Swiftblade Vindicator (not shown) has a lot of swing to it if it goes off, and Fencing Ace is a lesser version but possibly usable, but they are also just fragile 1/1's. Sure Strike feels like an okay replacement for Reckless Rage as it can stop Deathtouch damage. Is there any room for Naya with Season of Growth and Giant Growth instead of infuriate? I would appreciate any help with this.

I'd def play Integrity//Intervention instead of Infuriate, and not play any Krenko or Uncaged Fury. Shock, too.

Not sure I like those 1/1 two drops but I think the only other options are Boros Challenger, Tomik (don't play more than 2 though), and... Skyknight Vanguard? Yikes. You could probably safely play an Aurelia or two.

Something like this?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lost another 14 games in a row and thinking extremely dark thoughts about my opponents

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Lost another 14 games in a row and thinking extremely dark thoughts about my opponents

if i ever lost 14 in a row i wouldn't think it's my opponent that was the problem

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL I can’t imaging losing 5 games in a row and not wanting to go do something else.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Bust Rodd posted:

LoL I can’t imaging losing 5 games in a row and not wanting to go do something else.

Do something else in most cases is to play RDW. RIP come rotation.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm pretty sure Feather is just going to eat poo poo without Reckless Rage.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The Thrash half of Thrash/Threat can be usable in Boros Feather, since you could cast it with RR and Feather will recur it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

Do something else in most cases is to play RDW. RIP come rotation.
Don't worry monoblack is shaping up to be ultra faceroll.

Like not Mono U-ltra faceroll but pretty close. Pity we're probably going into Eej's personal midrange hell though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I apologize, but it is now superstition that when I complain in this thread I win the next game and it happened again.

So the new event will include the cards we won as prizes in Brawl? I guess it makes sense to wean people off the rotating cards slowly but I don't know if I will devote too much energy to brewing at this point

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'll probably try that Yarok + Dread Presence deck, putting in arboreal grazer over lanowar elf

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So the new event will include the cards we won as prizes in Brawl? I guess it makes sense to wean people off the rotating cards slowly but I don't know if I will devote too much energy to brewing at this point

yes, and i wouldn't bother crafting anything you're not planning on using in the new rotation

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

This is probably an impossible question to answer, but:

If my primary colors I play with are green and red, would crafting four Rampaging Ferocidons in anticipation of historic be a good idea? I've been pretty disciplined with not crafting wildcards--especially knowing/figuring/hoping? dual lands are in Eldraine--but I don't want to be staring down the barrel of 8 rares for a potentially staple red creature a few weeks from now.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Lone Goat posted:

I'd def play Integrity//Intervention instead of Infuriate, and not play any Krenko or Uncaged Fury. Shock, too.

Not sure I like those 1/1 two drops but I think the only other options are Boros Challenger, Tomik (don't play more than 2 though), and... Skyknight Vanguard? Yikes. You could probably safely play an Aurelia or two.

Something like this?

This looks good. I'll try it out. Now to try to figure out a Naya version just in case.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

IMJack posted:

The Thrash half of Thrash/Threat can be usable in Boros Feather, since you could cast it with RR and Feather will recur it.

IMO this is the best choice for replacing Reckless Rage. The only other alternative I really see is going Naya and playing Domri's Ambush. Without a recurring damage spell, my guess is that Feather eats poo poo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TipTow posted:

dual lands are in Eldraine
Maro confirmed there's a rare cycle (of unknown nature) but not rare duals in Throne

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/187537288278/does-the-monocolor-theme-of-eldraine-adamant#notes

My expectation is rare legendary lands, this set feels a little CoK if you know what I mean

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

TipTow posted:

This is probably an impossible question to answer, but:

If my primary colors I play with are green and red, would crafting four Rampaging Ferocidons in anticipation of historic be a good idea? I've been pretty disciplined with not crafting wildcards--especially knowing/figuring/hoping? dual lands are in Eldraine--but I don't want to be staring down the barrel of 8 rares for a potentially staple red creature a few weeks from now.

They've confirmed there's no rare duals in Eldraine.

The wildcard price increase for historic isn't until November so you've got plenty of time to decide.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rare Trilands, the Boltlands :getin:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

I'll probably try that Yarok + Dread Presence deck, putting in arboreal grazer over lanowar elf

Got a list that doesn't include Scapeshift?

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Some Numbers posted:

Got a list that doesn't include Scapeshift?

https://www.reddit.com/r/spikes/comments/d01xan/standard_elemental_swamp/

this one

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Those split cards don't work for Arcanist and they are one mana more expensive and Feather is already kinda durdly until it can Gods Willing forever. And they are just weaker in the first place. Goddamn Reckless Rage is absurd. I want to make a Jeskai Feather deck. Firemind's Research and Electrostatic Field and Saheeli and whatever that m20 mythic is called that is just Saheeli but a bird wizard. And t3f cuz why not. Just sit back and spam forever and never attack and be the worst.

Also its super annoying that they aren't completing the Temples.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I mean, it makes sense for the temples to be completed in Theros: Beyond Death because they came.... from Theros

Spiderdrake posted:

Don't worry monoblack is shaping up to be ultra faceroll.

Like not Mono U-ltra faceroll but pretty close. Pity we're probably going into Eej's personal midrange hell though.

:unsmigghh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The 2020 event won't include checklands, right?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

The 2020 event won't include checklands, right?

right, those are all gone with rotation

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

kater posted:

Those split cards don't work for Arcanist and they are one mana more expensive and Feather is already kinda durdly until it can Gods Willing forever. And they are just weaker in the first place. Goddamn Reckless Rage is absurd. I want to make a Jeskai Feather deck. Firemind's Research and Electrostatic Field and Saheeli and whatever that m20 mythic is called that is just Saheeli but a bird wizard. And t3f cuz why not. Just sit back and spam forever and never attack and be the worst.

Also its super annoying that they aren't completing the Temples.

The Theros sequel will probably have them, but would seem silly that half of them will rotate out.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Enemy coloured/wedge coloured decks are going to be favoured over allied/shard coloured decks till presumably Theros 2 comes out

Expect Sultai, Boros & Simic to be better choices than Esper or Bant for example

Thinking of playing Bant ramp because so few cards rotate but losing llanowar elves, glacial fortress and sunpetal grove is making me hesitant. Tempted to try straight Simic ramp instead.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Waffleopolis posted:

The Theros sequel will probably have them, but would seem silly that half of them will rotate out.

The Theros set and M20 rotate out at the same time. Derp

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 9, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Theros and M21 rotate out at the same time

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't have editing software but here's a crude mock up of the rotationsss

I look forward to Ikea, monster assembly the most of the upcoming sets

ps gently caress zendikar

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Make your own monster sounds like the best time to bring back banding.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Implying there will ever be a good time to bring back Banding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm gonna try and describe Banding after twenty years of not knowing in the first place.

You like combine attackers together into a single attacker and if your group gets blocked you get to decide how damage is assigned? Wait that doesn't mean anything does it.