Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Are there any other wrestling Youtube/Video content providers other than Botchamania or BDWJ1989 worth checking out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Are there any other wrestling Youtube/Video content providers other than Botchamania or BDWJ1989 worth checking out?
WhatCulture Wrestling isn't interesting, but it kills time and Simon Miller's enthusiasm is always good for that parasocial jolt.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

LividLiquid posted:

WhatCulture Wrestling isn't interesting, but it kills time and Simon Miller's enthusiasm is always good for that parasocial jolt.

That's a perfect description.

I've started watching of Wrestling with Wregret. I don't watch the show review episodes, but his other stuff is pretty solid. Plus he tends to rein in the comedy sketch stuff, which is death for me when it comes to YouTube personalities.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kim Justice, while doing more game videos, has done some recent stuff on Misawa and Brock Lesnar's IWGP run that are quite good too

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Nobodies Watching Wrestling, drag queens reviewing wrestling

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Beer_Suitcase posted:

OSW, Showbuckle, IQWrestler, Wrestle Botch

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Kim Justice, while doing more game videos, has done some recent stuff on Misawa and Brock Lesnar's IWGP run that are quite good too

Both of those excellent videos were removed due to copyright infringements :argh:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Seams posted:

Both of those excellent videos were removed due to copyright infringements :argh:
That's a bummer. The Misawa one was excellent (and it lead me down a YouTube hole that made me know way too much about early personal computing in the UK).

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Beer_Suitcase posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTahKXyGYdI

pre:
¡ ~ p u r o  w a v e ~ !

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
is the "wild, flailing arms to the back that dont even connect" style of pro wrestling beatdown mandated by WWE? It looks loving embarrassing and exposes the business more than any flip or no-sell

I have to imagine it's a Vince thing because I think any wrestler would realize that putting the boots to someone looks and works better 95 percent of the time

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

What is the most powerful move in wrestling logic? Does anything beat the Canadian destroyer off the ladder through a table from last weekend? Maybe a Burning Hammer would still beat that

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Sharparoni posted:

What is the most powerful move in wrestling logic? Does anything beat the Canadian destroyer off the ladder through a table from last weekend?

seeing as it did not even end the match and the guy who took it was on his feet ≈3 minutes later i would say lots of stuff

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Sharparoni posted:

What is the most powerful move in wrestling logic? Does anything beat the Canadian destroyer off the ladder through a table from last weekend? Maybe a Burning Hammer would still beat that

Burning hammer from the top of the HIAC through the announce table.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

not off the ropes not through a table gotch style piledriver for reasons alluded to above

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
No single move can be very powerful on its own, because anything that gets a legendary pop will be adopted as a mid-match move by indie nobodies. Now, if you look at wrestler/move pairings, Kobashi's Burning Hammer is death itself.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The most consistently devastating move in professional wrestling is the low blow. Works regardless of who's using it

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Half the roster is entitled to no-sell it! It's less effective than the most widely-used and consistently successful finisher, the rollup.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

Half the roster is entitled to no-sell it! It's less effective than the most widely-used and consistently successful finisher, the rollup.

i have a scoop via an intimate friend: it is not fun to be punched in the vagina

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sharparoni posted:

The heart punch has killed people

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Sharparoni posted:

Judas Effect.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Falcon Arrow, obviously.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

lost my old email posted:

i have a scoop via an intimate friend: it is not fun to be punched in the vagina

This is true, though I dare say that it is not the main reason why they had Nicole Bass sell the low blow.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Bryan Alvarez disagrees.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

In real life, being slammed onto your neck will definitely cripple or kill you, but wrestling logic m'man.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Why was The Crow Sting so cool and will there ever be a dark 90's grunge gimmick as cool as that again? (the kind of 90s dark grunge gimmick where the wrestler never utters a word, but has magical powers that allow him/her/they to appear behind their enemy from a puff of smoke or burst through the center of the ring with a baseball bat, or maybe transform themselves from a gross sweaty ringside fan to cool dark 90s face painted freak a la a magician's trick?)
It was cool because it was a gimmick change that worked for the character, the gimmick caught lightning in a bottle with regard to the 90s zeitgeist, and the company was committed to building it.

There won't be another Dark 90s Grunge Goth Gimmick because it's not the 90s anymore. But to do it again, you'd have to come up with a similarly timely gimmick, then have the patience to build up a star by having them appear often enough to maintain interest, without ever wrestling or even speaking, for like 10 months. Then, if you want to surpass WCW, you'd have to not completely gently caress up the blowoff.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sharparoni posted:

Akitoshi Saito’s Death Landing, because it kept Misawa down

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Where does Puma King normally wrestle? I'm curious if the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship might find its way onto Kenny to travel back to Japan in November.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PublicOpinion posted:

Where does Puma King normally wrestle? I'm curious if the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship might find its way onto Kenny to travel back to Japan in November.

He's most regularly in AAA so there's a chance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

In real life, being slammed onto your neck will definitely cripple or kill you, but wrestling logic m'man.

It was cool because it was a gimmick change that worked for the character, the gimmick caught lightning in a bottle with regard to the 90s zeitgeist, and the company was committed to building it.

There won't be another Dark 90s Grunge Goth Gimmick because it's not the 90s anymore. But to do it again, you'd have to come up with a similarly timely gimmick, then have the patience to build up a star by having them appear often enough to maintain interest, without ever wrestling or even speaking, for like 10 months. Then, if you want to surpass WCW, you'd have to not completely gently caress up the blowoff.

The quiet climate change avenger.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

you're right it was goth, Raven was grunge. never the less, I think what I'm really trying to say here is lets have some vampires again. bring back THE BROOD

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

gangrel was so fuken cool man like not actual cool but liike wrestling cool like syxx-pac still thinks that he and his buddies wearing fubu shirts and doing decades old johnny carson bits was actual cool i do not have the heart to tell him otherwise

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
WWE scrubbed that video of the fans swaying back and forth to The Brood's entrance, so just pretend I posted that.

rotinaj posted:

Akitoshi Saito’s Death Landing, because it kept Misawa down
On the one hand, this is remarkable. On the other hand, he put "Death" in the name of like every spot he did. Think about all the times he hit somebody with a Death Something and they didn't die. Talk about inconsistent!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

gangrel was so fuken cool man like not actual cool but liike wrestling cool like syxx-pac still thinks that he and his buddies wearing fubu shirts and doing decades old johnny carson bits was actual cool i do not have the heart to tell him otherwise

hell freakin yeah

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Just give them the ring of fire entrance and whoever you put with him will be over as gently caress.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Also change his name from "Vampire Warrior" to something that sounds as good in English as "Vampiro Guerrero" does in Spanish.

Or just buy a permanent license for the Gangrel name from Paradox. There's no way they could be afraid you'll gently caress up their brand worse than the sack of assholes running it now.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Who are some wrestlers who were either way ahead or way behind of their times?

What I mean is someone like Steve Blackman was not very over during the attitude era, but he’d likely be a huge Indy star if he was around now. And on the flip side someone like Ryback was about 10 years too late.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

What I mean is someone like Steve Blackman was not very over during the attitude era, but he’d likely be a huge Indy star if he was around now. And on the flip side someone like Ryback was about 10 years too late.

Brian Pillman comes to mind, not that he wasn't already perfect for the 90s, but he'd be the kind of character you build a company around today.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

How would Steve Blackman be a huge star, he'd be nothing today.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Halloween Jack posted:

Also change his name from "Vampire Warrior" to something that sounds as good in English as "Vampiro Guerrero" does in Spanish.

Or just buy a permanent license for the Gangrel name from Paradox. There's no way they could be afraid you'll gently caress up their brand worse than the sack of assholes running it now.

I thought he did get the permanent use of Gangrel? I checked, he does: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-free-white-wolf-gangrel-now-owns-his-name

Anyway, I was wondering: Excluding AEW because it's still early doors yet, which wrestling company currently has the best tag team division? I'm thinking Dragon Gate but there's plenty stuff I'm less familiar with. Generally thinking a combination of ability of teams and the booking of said teams, so somewhere like New Japan where the tag team divisions barely count as after thoughts would be excluded.

On top of that, who is the consensus pick for best tag team in the world right now? Is it The Young Bucks? Lucha Bros? LAX? DoiYoshi? AXIZ? Fish & O'Reilly? Moustache Mountain? Best Friends?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sharparoni posted:

headbutting a samoan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sadly I think her recent wrestling vids have gotten copyright struck.