Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

This is literally the first digital art I've finished since oh, 2016, and that was a stained glass pattern. The last legit digital painting would have been 2009 or 2010 (good god it's been awhile). I've been sketching here and there, but no long term projects. Turns out Clip Studio and a new medium Intuos tablet are pretty inspirational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Garbage! That hovercraft is a joke of engineering, and that helmet would never protect your brain from lasers!
I got a girl she loves her dog
I got a girl I love her dog too!

I built a doghouse so we can leave the dog out for longer during the spring and fall.

We found a cushion that fits snugly inside to make it cozy for the dog, who doesn't ever use it anyway.

So then I made a collapsible saddle stand. This one gets used quite a bit.

And now I'm getting an early start to a Halloween costume. I may not have time to finish it. Right now I'm at two different designs for foot placement, and I'm going to ditch the "high-heel" look that I've got on my right foot. I thought it would help hide my profile under the costume, but I really didn't account for the fact that it is, well, like walking around in high heels. My left foot placement is better, but I need to tweak that design for added comfort.

Anyone out there familiar with cosplay and costuming? I will probably need a lot of guidance from people who know a lot more than me.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Jasque posted:

And now I'm getting an early start to a Halloween costume. I may not have time to finish it. Right now I'm at two different designs for foot placement, and I'm going to ditch the "high-heel" look that I've got on my right foot. I thought it would help hide my profile under the costume, but I really didn't account for the fact that it is, well, like walking around in high heels. My left foot placement is better, but I need to tweak that design for added comfort.

Anyone out there familiar with cosplay and costuming? I will probably need a lot of guidance from people who know a lot more than me.

So what are you going as? Dark Crystal Landstrider? Return to Oz Wheeler?

Jasque
Jan 13, 2006
Garbage! That hovercraft is a joke of engineering, and that helmet would never protect your brain from lasers!

Soul Reaver posted:

So what are you going as? Dark Crystal Landstrider? Return to Oz Wheeler?

Haha. I'm glad someone actually remembers those movies. It's based loosely the Landstrider, and the costumes that these two came up with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB2HTAcbmck

It's physically challenging to walk around in those stilts. I not in good enough shape for a Wheeler costume.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Jasque posted:

Haha. I'm glad someone actually remembers those movies.

They’re kinda hard to forget imo! :derp:

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Some better pendants made with a different material. I really like the detail I have been able to get from this material.

Jasque posted:

Haha. I'm glad someone actually remembers those movies. It's based loosely the Landstrider, and the costumes that these two came up with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB2HTAcbmck

It's physically challenging to walk around in those stilts. I not in good enough shape for a Wheeler costume.

Saw one of these in SF once. Cool stuff.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m really really proud of my John wick toy shoot. I love these films with all my heart and soul and it was fun just kind of playing with that visual style.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Clipperton posted:

...and now it's a finalist for an Aurealis award! Wild.

...and my next book got a Publisher's Weekly review, which the first one didn't manage. Good review but not a started one, so it won't make any difference in sales, but still!

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

CelticPredator posted:

I’m really really proud of my John wick toy shoot. I love these films with all my heart and soul and it was fun just kind of playing with that visual style.

I'm loving the lighting on these.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

This is the result of a whim that started way back in...January or February? I always liked making pixel art, had done so once or twice for a few short-lived campaigns with some friends, and figured I might be able to make something of it.

So, I decided to do, at minimum, one new sprite a day. It felt really slow, but I figured that it would add up over time. Once I had enough, I'd see about putting a website together, put my work out there.

Well, I gave up on making the website myself, but I found an awesome dude willing to partner up, and here we are! It's really early days, traffic is still in the double digits for the most part, but goddamn am I proud of it!

Now I'm trying to figure out how the gently caress Twitter works and am promoting the gently caress out of it wherever I can.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

McKilligan posted:

This is the result of a whim that started way back in...January or February? I always liked making pixel art, had done so once or twice for a few short-lived campaigns with some friends, and figured I might be able to make something of it.

So, I decided to do, at minimum, one new sprite a day. It felt really slow, but I figured that it would add up over time. Once I had enough, I'd see about putting a website together, put my work out there.

Well, I gave up on making the website myself, but I found an awesome dude willing to partner up, and here we are! It's really early days, traffic is still in the double digits for the most part, but goddamn am I proud of it!

Now I'm trying to figure out how the gently caress Twitter works and am promoting the gently caress out of it wherever I can.

These look really cool, congratulations. The idea is neat too. Got any photos of physical printed out minis on a tabletop to share?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Soul Reaver posted:

These look really cool, congratulations. The idea is neat too. Got any photos of physical printed out minis on a tabletop to share?

Not yet, but very soon! That'll be more Twitter Fodder.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

An Anthropological History of Burning Man

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 31, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Decided to see what a 3D interpretation of a classic NES game box would look like, so I did this weekend project. Separated everything into discreet layers, printed it all out, and mounted everything in a shadow-box. Came out pretty decent for something that cost lest than $20 in materials.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's insanely cool.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/rodtronics/status/1168300296415502336

I'm kinda proud of this

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

ooh yeah, feed my perceptrons that perfectly-tuned glow & hues! perfecto!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RODTRONICS: ACKNOWLEDGED.
OPINION: GOOD.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ynohtna posted:

ooh yeah, feed my perceptrons that perfectly-tuned glow & hues! perfecto!

if you dont have bloom you don't have poo poo

I wish I knew how to access the internals of the bloom/glare shader in Blender, because I don't like the "threshold" way that is does things, but I can mostly get what I want out of it anyway.

and thanks thats some great postivity

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

A recent painting I did of my Ranger squad from Wasteland 2

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

perochialjoe posted:

A recent painting I did of my Ranger squad from Wasteland 2

goddrat, is this what you've been up to since Corvo Is A Very Fast Idiot?

perochialjoe
Mar 20, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

goddrat, is this what you've been up to since Corvo Is A Very Fast Idiot?

It is, actually! I've been practicing illustration essentially since I finished that thread lol

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Did you make this? Amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

sigma 6 posted:

Did you make this? Amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah man, that's the point of the thread! Thanks, my pleasure, I'm proud of it and really happy and with the reception its got, was a bit of a surprise actually. It's helped me find more of a voice I think.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I want to add a bit but I don' t know how historically accurate it is. Maybe I will PM you about it. I have taken lots of pics over the 12 years I have gone but since I am not a pro photographer .I usually only share them with friends and loved ones. The last couple of years have been really great. Joining a punk scooter gang really upped the fun quotient. This year we opened up the Thunderdome on Thursday night by a dozen or so people kicking up dust with gasoline powered gopeds before the show. It was pretty badass. The dome isn't really big enough for full size motorbikes, and those are against the rules anyways.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Oh nice one, yeah fire away. I'm always to interested to hear what was new for people and whatever I may have missed. 12 years is a drat good run.

I only went for the first time last year. Punk scooter gang sounds bad rear end ;)

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Hobo Erotica posted:

Oh nice one, yeah fire away. I'm always to interested to hear what was new for people and whatever I may have missed. 12 years is a drat good run.

I only went for the first time last year. Punk scooter gang sounds bad rear end ;)

This is really weird. Woops thread derailed.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 24, 2019

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I made an old town road cover song in tribute to the State Fair of Texas.

https://youtu.be/N5z2T-m_KoQ

I think it's pretty snappy.

Meanwhile at work they had a "Our Company Has Talent" contest and I made an old town road cover that was specific to our industry that I submitted as a lark. Now it seems I have won the contest and now get to perform my song live in front of all my peers.

Sadly I cant post the winning song due to reasons.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Here's an album cover I just finished, I'm proud of it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That looks dope

Reminds me of Iced Earth with the curves and angles from Iron Maiden, mixed with Hokusai. Like a frozen version of The Great Wave.

The level of detail is impressive. I just want you to know that I'm admiring it. The worst part about art is how many hours you work on something compared to how many seconds people will spend looking at it, and I just want you to know that all the crazy detail did not go unnoticed.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 29, 2019

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Elentor posted:

That looks dope

Reminds me of Iced Earth with the curves and angles from Iron Maiden, mixed with Hokusai. Like a frozen version of The Great Wave.

The level of detail is impressive. I just want you to know that I'm admiring it. The worst part about art is how many hours you work on something compared to how many seconds people will spend looking at it, and I just want you to know that all the crazy detail did not go unnoticed.

Thanks so much :) It's true what you said about the worst part about art, the finished work can be easily digested and forgotten by most. Also annoying is the usually low payment amount that people expect to pay for a finished piece, which sometimes amounts to something like $5/hour all told. gently caress this art poo poo, I'm gonna be a welder or electrician or something

This was for a stoner metal band (huge surprise, I know), and they wanted an icy windswept world. I do lots of covers for doom/stoner/sludge bands, and I love the genre but goddamn there are so many overused fuckin tropes on album covers (wizards/cloaked figures/astronauts/any sort of thing that Sleep or Black Sabbath already used). "Icy world" is overused itself, so to add some kinda twist to it I researched interesting ice formations a lot, like hard rime ice which occurs when fog descends onto a mountaintop and freezes instantly. Definitely brings to mind a frozen tidal wave: https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/12/spectacular-ice-formations-atop-a-windswept-mountain-in-slovenia/

Skulls/bones are also super overused, but I dunno, nothing can ever be totally original. I added stairs and other mysterious crap to it, looked cool so all is well.

I def did a hell of a lot of detail on this, I love doing little mazes and such. The pen and ink work on this (before adding digital color) is on a 14x28" piece of bristol, meant for a wraparound album cover for a record. One of the cool side effects of the resurgence of actual vinyl records in this and other genres is that you get to see the detail of the art much larger on the packaging. I have other work I'm more "proud" of but I wanted to share something new!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Baaulp
Sep 6, 2011
I need a real green screen but I think this turned out good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoQkftjFaWA

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zoben posted:

Thanks so much :) It's true what you said about the worst part about art, the finished work can be easily digested and forgotten by most. Also annoying is the usually low payment amount that people expect to pay for a finished piece, which sometimes amounts to something like $5/hour all told. gently caress this art poo poo, I'm gonna be a welder or electrician or something

This was for a stoner metal band (huge surprise, I know), and they wanted an icy windswept world. I do lots of covers for doom/stoner/sludge bands, and I love the genre but goddamn there are so many overused fuckin tropes on album covers (wizards/cloaked figures/astronauts/any sort of thing that Sleep or Black Sabbath already used). "Icy world" is overused itself, so to add some kinda twist to it I researched interesting ice formations a lot, like hard rime ice which occurs when fog descends onto a mountaintop and freezes instantly. Definitely brings to mind a frozen tidal wave: https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/12/spectacular-ice-formations-atop-a-windswept-mountain-in-slovenia/

Skulls/bones are also super overused, but I dunno, nothing can ever be totally original. I added stairs and other mysterious crap to it, looked cool so all is well.

I def did a hell of a lot of detail on this, I love doing little mazes and such. The pen and ink work on this (before adding digital color) is on a 14x28" piece of bristol, meant for a wraparound album cover for a record. One of the cool side effects of the resurgence of actual vinyl records in this and other genres is that you get to see the detail of the art much larger on the packaging. I have other work I'm more "proud" of but I wanted to share something new!

I'd also like to give you some congratulations on making the kind of pattern that is usually migraine aura-inducing not do that. Perhaps because of how chaotic and varied they are. That's a really great achievement. So yeah, nice job overall.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zoben posted:

Here's an album cover I just finished, I'm proud of it

gently caress yes

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some drawings I did for my CYOA in the forums.

Also, speaking of the great wave:

I know they're not fantastic, but they're mostly speed drawings which I try to get fast. For reference, this is how it started two months ago:

So in general I'm happy with the progress, I feel I'm being able to get better looking sketches a lot faster. This is also the first time ever I'm trying to convey movement. I know I have a lot to learn, but baby steps.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

whenever im having artblock on other projects i like to photobash star wars blasters to get my mind back in a good space (not shown to scale)

Kanine fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 30, 2019

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Finished up a painting for my mom (she's a big Last Unicorn fan) for her birthday

I really like how it turned out.

Once...

I can't remember...

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

god bless

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

Once...

I can't remember...

I deeply love this movie, but wish with all my heart they would replace Mia Farrow's singing with the one from the soundtrack CD instead (like they did in the German film version),

Just a Fish
Mar 22, 2012
Made a mask out of leather i found on flea market and old welding goggles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GooniesNeverSayDie
Oct 26, 2019

zwdzk posted:

No one commented on this, but I think it's very sweet and a really nice painting. Good job. He would have been proud to see it.

Agree, fantastic pic. Good job.