Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd like if you had a little more say in what's in a garrison, might make sieges less boring if it wasn't the same army composition across a entire empire.

Say you could choose to invest into the garrison with a set group of infantry, archers, cavalry or mixed for 500g, then you could do it again for 1000g, then 1500g, and so on until you hit 20ish units in the garrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RoyalScion posted:

Slow income is why I never can play tomb kings because by the time you get all your cool toys the game is over, 99% of the campaign is done with skeletons and chariots.

Tomb Kings can actually slingshot to relatively cool armies pretty quickly provided you're plundering, since they don't have supply lines andtheir units are free so they can actually afford to run all the elites they have capacity for at once without bankrupting themselves. It still takes a while to get up and running but it's faster than most factions.

Enigma posted:

CA seems to have realized that, though maybe not at a concious level, in recent DLCs. The VC can get cool toys pretty quickly. So could Ikit (not sure about Teeny-wan). Looks like the new DLC empire lord in Vortex follows suit with the supplied troops mechanic.

After Coast came out it was legit hard for me to play other factions for a while because their unique horde mechanic completely shits all over every single other faction in the game in terms of letting you have fun, cool armies within an actually reasonable time period.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Enigma posted:

Thanks for the posts re: blood options.

I'm fine with the game looking like a Tarantino set, but occasionally my kid watches. He can handle clean dinosaurs "falling over." But I don't need the nightmares that would come with fountains of organs, so I'd want to be able to turn it off when he's around.

Awww, totes understand and sorry for the snarkiness before. My girls like to “help me play” from time to time (sitting in my lap during battles and let them choose where i move some units)

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

How to win as any Vampire Coast faction:

1) Research and beeline the bottom right tech that gives you the Ship Carpenter follower.
2) Build up your chosen Legendary Lord's cabin to the max (upkeep reduction, better ship buildings).
3) Build the ship wheel tiller (upkeep reduction and vampire corruption), the sails (more movement) and the hull (casualty regeneration and Necrofex Collosus recruitment), all in the green shipbuilding menu. The anchor can save you some turns but not essential.
4) Be sure to get the blue line of your LL to level 12's "Black Flag" for upkeep reduction while doing the above.
5) Recruit 15-19 Necrofex Colossi. Add Queen Bess and/or one of each Hero type to taste.
6) Laugh as your army effortlessly decimates everything in its path. Research any tech related to Necrofex Colossus (and Queen Bess) for even more upkeep reduction, physical resistance, and shot damage.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

JBP posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1855331610

"IMPORTANT BEFORE PLAYING
-This should be obvious but DO NOT CHOOSE ANY LEGENDARY LORD THAT WOULD NORMALLY SPAWN IN THE NEW WORLD.
-In case the penalties arent enough, its VERY important the player himself doesnt settle the new continents because that could spark an interest in the AI to go kill the player's settlement and end up settling it themselves. The public order penalties are also so large that rebellions will plop down immediately and that has the risk of rebels ressurrecting the original faction that was supposed to be there and so on."

This just makes me want to sail off and establish The Imperial People's Republic of Ulthuan to see what happens.

Oh poo poo, this looks really good. And it keeps Sartosa and the Southlands and stuff for some variety.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Agreed. It looks perfect. By how much does it reduce turn times?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Beffer posted:

Agreed. It looks perfect. By how much does it reduce turn times?

Shitloads.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've been thinking about the "No DLC for DLC" thing that came up a few pages ago - I'm confused why CA doesnt just do a 'standalone' Beastmen DLC for Vortex that gives them a start in not-Africa or something, and they use some of the dev time to make free changes to the original Beastmen DLC? This way someone who only has WHTW2 could pay for a Beastmen start but it could still add some updates to the old Beastmen stuff?

JBP posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1855331610

"IMPORTANT BEFORE PLAYING
-This should be obvious but DO NOT CHOOSE ANY LEGENDARY LORD THAT WOULD NORMALLY SPAWN IN THE NEW WORLD.
-In case the penalties arent enough, its VERY important the player himself doesnt settle the new continents because that could spark an interest in the AI to go kill the player's settlement and end up settling it themselves. The public order penalties are also so large that rebellions will plop down immediately and that has the risk of rebels ressurrecting the original faction that was supposed to be there and so on."

This just makes me want to sail off and establish The Imperial People's Republic of Ulthuan to see what happens.
Thank you for sharing this, I am definitely going to try it out when I get a chance.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd like if you had a little more say in what's in a garrison, might make sieges less boring if it wasn't the same army composition across a entire empire.

Say you could choose to invest into the garrison with a set group of infantry, archers, cavalry or mixed for 500g, then you could do it again for 1000g, then 1500g, and so on until you hit 20ish units in the garrison.
This sounds a lot like what I was thinking when I mentioned that it would be nice if every town didnt end up with a wall - let me build a garrison that is interesting and suits who is likely to attack it instead of the garrison being the same across the entire map and it hides behind walls.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 9, 2019

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I've been thinking about the "No DLC for DLC" thing that came up a few pages ago - I'm confused why CA doesnt just do a 'standalone' Beastmen DLC for Vortex that gives them a start in not-Africa or something, and they use some of the dev time to make free changes to the original Beastmen DLC? This way someone who only has WHTW2 could pay for a Beastmen start but it could still add some updates to the old Beastmen stuff?

This is probably exactly what they'll do if/when they get around to it, since they came out and said "yeah we don't have a no DLC for DLC rule" and this is exactly how Markus Wulfhart works in the new DLC.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kanos posted:

This is probably exactly what they'll do if/when they get around to it, since they came out and said "yeah we don't have a no DLC for DLC rule" and this is exactly how Markus Wulfhart works in the new DLC.
Thats a good point. The only difference I see is that Empire is part of the base game in WH1 while Beastmen were a DLC.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

If you think about it, every TWW1 race is a DLC faction as far as Mortal Empires is concerned. :eng101:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kanos posted:

If you think about it, every TWW1 race is a DLC faction as far as Mortal Empires is concerned. :eng101:

I was of this school of thought, no lie. It makes sense; if you wanted to play Empire before this new DLC, you had to own TW1, so...

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

They responded to a comment on FB saying they “are looking into” the port nerf.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I decided to forge on with my Empire playthrough in Mortal Empires and its actually turning out pretty fun. I concentrated on being buddies with Bretonnia, they have screened me from Norsca nicely. I spent like 20 turns getting going and pinning down Marienburg who had a fat port income that I really wanted. After securing that I went east and made buddies with a few people there while also securing friendships in the north with Nordland/Middenland to secure my borders from other Norsca bullshit.

Along the way various chaos/greenskin bullshit started to creep in so I had to spend a good 10-20 turns knocking that out. When that was done I noticed a shitlord of vampiric corruption seeping in from the east so I went out that way to see what the gently caress was going on. Holy poo poo Vampire Counts loving everywhere. One castle alone had an income of 4k going. I made buddies with the dwarves nearby who then got confederated by other dwarves and started digging in. loving 50 turn brawl with the 3 vampire factions there, I just could not get ahead. I finally had to bring in another 3 armies to deal with it. Finally last night I managed to kill them all and the corruption is just starting to dissipate. But ho boy that income, even with 4 armies going I have 6k surplus each turn. I confederated Tacabled or whatever they're called and that poo poo is a mess but I will sort that out tonight.

The win conditions are kinda crazy by the way. I see long form victory in there, what is the short term victory? Just follow the weird quests or whatever?

I think after this I'm going to do a Tomb Kings thing in Vortex, they look interesting.

Edit: nevermind I re-read the win conditions and wowzer, its going to be awhile.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 9, 2019

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The only thing more that I want from Total Warhammer would be the option of leveling up your lord with relevant bonuses (like you can for campaign) for multiplayer battles.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
So unless I’m missing something, Gotrek and Felix are basically multiplayer battle only unless you also have Mortal Empires or Markus for the Vortex campaign?

I was a bit disconcerted that the Vortex campaign wasn’t mentioned in the FAQ.
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-gotrek-felix-faq/

I did Mortal Empires once with Bretonnia, and if I want to do a campaign as an Old World race, I’ll do it in TW1, trading the TW2 improvements for the achievements and reasonable turn times.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo, the mad lads did it!

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Gejnor posted:

By Sigmar, yes!

Edit: really should up the discovery chance for Skaven tunneling.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gejnor posted:

gently caress yes!

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I don’t know that this is a huge surprise but this seems to imply that the next DLC/update is intended for this year.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Gejnor posted:

Hah, nice!

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
It's a shame that you rarely encounter Skaven as Empire in ME.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Anno posted:

I don’t know that this is a huge surprise but this seems to imply that the next DLC/update is intended for this year.

Yepp

Also considering this text in the patch notes:

quote:

The next update we’re planning will focus more on technical maintenance and quality-of-life improvements, rather than faction or race overhauls, which will then resume in subsequent future patches. So if you’re waiting for a particular set of older content to get an update, we hear you, and hang tight! We’ll get there.

This makes me feel like i can make this prediction in total confidence: The next Lord Pack, coming in December most likely, will be a standard Warhammer 2 Race Lord vs another Warhammer 2 Race Lord.

As for who it will be, i would guess a certain Grey Seer to make an appearance..

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

It's a shame that you rarely encounter Skaven as Empire in ME.

Of course you don't encounter Skaven because they don't exist.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Gejnor posted:

Yepp

Also considering this text in the patch notes:

This makes me feel like i can make this prediction in total confidence: The next Lord Pack, coming in December most likely, will be a standard Warhammer 2 Race Lord vs another Warhammer 2 Race Lord.

As for who it will be, i would guess a certain Grey Seer to make an appearance..

I could see this happening. Equally though, I could see it being dwarfs/skaven, since dwarfs don't need a rework. Definitely no greenskin rework until 2020 though. Poor bastards.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm hoping we actually get three more lord packs. HE vs Greenskins, Dawi vs Skaven, and uh, Dark Elves vs Vampires I guess. DE vs Dawi and Vampires vs Skaven would also make sense. The skaven have a hate-on for Nagash.

Also Thanquol vs Malus I see making sense just cuz they're both book characters.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The issue with Thanquol is how do you represent his ability to gently caress up everything?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
every time he casts there's a 5% chance to summon a bloodthirster hostile to both sides.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Since Chaos is the least fleshed-out fluff wise in the game, are there any big Chaos characters whose exploits take place in the New World and therefore be good all choices? Valkia the Bloody raised a bunch of hell in Naggaroth during the End Times I think. A flying non-large foot lord would be pretty unique. Dechala the Denied One is an older Slaaneshi character that seems like she’d fit in too.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I was about to say Surtha Ek but then I remembered he's a Norscan.

They should still add Surtha Ek.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
More like Surtha Wrekt

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's looking like Nakai still suffers like the other hordes from the AIs retaking all his gains because the AI vassal can't defend for poo poo. And since he can't sack it's hard to maintain armies to defend for them. He might even have it worse than Chaos or Beastmen since their goal is just to raze cities but he has to actually hold 40 via the vassal to win.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 9, 2019

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Here is my wild prediction:

- Skaven vs Dark Elves DLC in Christmas (Rakarth vs Throt)

- Eltharion vs Grom in 2020

- WH3 reveal halfway through 2020, 2021 release date

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d1ucgn/nakai_goes_walkabout_fallout_trailer_inspired/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Because it's fitting and Nakai is an adorable pile of walking murder.

I'm thinking the next DLC will be WH1 vs WH2 Lords, again, and I highly suspect it'll be Skaven vs. Dwarves. Why the Dawi? They don't need a rework (already got some work in earlier patches), they exist on the Vortex map already, they're missing some units from their TT roster, and it could end up giving us Engineer lords to further beef up their artillery/war machines. I could see Thunderbarges or something like that being a thing. The Skaven side is almost guaranteed to be Clan Moulder. Throt the Unclean + Stormfiends, Wolf Rats, etc. Think Ikit but focused on mutants instead of war machines.

After that, almost assuredly we'd get Eltharion vs. Grom, alongside a Greenskins rework. Flesh out both rosters, beef up the boyz, I'm 99% sure this is going to happen.

The question is what the hell would they do with the BDSM Elves? DE vs. Vampires? Probably not. DE vs. Norsca? Maybe? I'm honestly not sure. That's the big question.

Thanquol will definitely show up at some point. Gotrek and Felix are in, for gently caress's sake, it's pretty much a guarantee that Thanquol will pop up. In before he summons a Bloodthirster accidentally.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 9, 2019

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Enigma posted:

Or raiding should be an act of war.

For people living on the borderlands in Warhammer and Real History, raids and border conflicts were a fact of life. The idea of peace being a complete lack of armed conflict is a relatively modern concept. I'd much rather have levels of conflict between "peace" and "war of extermination" rather than more opportunities to start a war.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Gonkish posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d1ucgn/nakai_goes_walkabout_fallout_trailer_inspired/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Because it's fitting and Nakai is an adorable pile of walking murder.

I'm thinking the next DLC will be WH1 vs WH2 Lords, again, and I highly suspect it'll be Skaven vs. Dwarves. Why the Dawi? They don't need a rework (already got some work in earlier patches), they exist on the Vortex map already, they're missing some units from their TT roster, and it could end up giving us Engineer lords to further beef up their artillery/war machines. I could see Thunderbarges or something like that being a thing. The Skaven side is almost guaranteed to be Clan Moulder. Throt the Unclean + Stormfiends, Wolf Rats, etc. Think Ikit but focused on mutants instead of war machines.

After that, almost assuredly we'd get Eltharion vs. Grom, alongside a Greenskins rework. Flesh out both rosters, beef up the boyz, I'm 99% sure this is going to happen.

The question is what the hell would they do with the BDSM Elves? DE vs. Vampires? Probably not. DE vs. Norsca? Maybe? I'm honestly not sure. That's the big question.

Thanquol will definitely show up at some point. Gotrek and Felix are in, for gently caress's sake, it's pretty much a guarantee that Thanquol will pop up. In before he summons a Bloodthirster accidentally.

You still need Malus Darkblade, the guy with the demon inside him. Transforming into a demon would be cool and he has a whole inbuilt series of quests he goes on in his books that could be incorporated into the campaign system.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Why would we need Skaven vs DElves when we already have, uh, *checks DLC list* ...... Tretch Whatshistail up near Naggarond? Remember that guy? He's still real.

Also I started getting excited for Nakai as a more unique and hopefully not-too-long campaign but then I realised I'd have to play in Lustria again and uuuuuuuuuurgh.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I feel that the DElves would probably get a rework for Warhammer 3 to go along with the Daemons of Chaos, since they're in a pretty good spot now, mechanically speaking. A Dark Elf vs Daemons would be the perfect place to bring in Malus Darkblade and put him against Valkia the Bloody.

If the Norscans get a rework it would probably be Krom the Conquerer fighting chaos Dwarfs in the Darklands, or battling Ogre Kingdoms.

I do like Nakai starting in Albion on Mortal Empires. It's such a poo poo hole province and it amuses me that Great Britain is just as miserable in The Old World as it is in reality.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm rather slow and just assumed Gotrek( and Felix) was the FLC lord, but apparently we also get another giant lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill? Thats nice, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Caidin posted:

I'm rather slow and just assumed Gotrek( and Felix) was the FLC lord, but apparently we also get another giant lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill? Thats nice, I guess.

To be fair, I'd call him a mid-sized lizard man whose defining feature is being hard to kill.