Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
They need to do something about the new trolling method of wildly highlighting their hands and cards on the field. It's headache inducing and I don't know if it can hurt epileptic people. Just make it an option to turn it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Waffleopolis posted:

They need to do something about the new trolling method of wildly highlighting their hands and cards on the field. It's headache inducing and I don't know if it can hurt epileptic people. Just make it an option to turn it off.

Have they implemented an option to turn off pets yet?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Ikoria, Lair of Behemoths
as opposed to Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner
important difference

though at this point I'm expecting MtG's spin on Pokemon

kater posted:

I'm gonna try and describe Banding after twenty years of not knowing in the first place.

You like combine attackers together into a single attacker and if your group gets blocked you get to decide how damage is assigned? Wait that doesn't mean anything does it.

They already "fixed" Banding with aura-creatures in Journey into Nyx. Attach creature B to creature A, and creature A's P/T increases by creature B's. The only complicated part of Banding was the damage assignment, and that would be relatively straightforward to rework.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Pets are paid cosmetics which they're never allowing anyone to turn off. All paid cosmetics will reign over a world of eternal sorrow.

The stupid flickering dumbshittery is some bug they introduced in last week's patch and yeah I'd really like that gone. On the plus side they did introduce a hand/gy/library counter so that's cool.

IMJack posted:

They already "fixed" Banding with aura-creatures in Journey into Nyx. Attach creature B to creature A, and creature A's P/T increases by creature B's. The only complicated part of Banding was the damage assignment, and that would be relatively straightforward to rework.
Fixed banding was in Tempest Block, it's the en-Kor ability to redirect damage.

It turns out to be rather broken in edge cases so given it's a white ability it is only allowed to return in loopy sets like Time Spiral.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Monstrous, guys.

Come on.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I apologize, but it is now superstition that when I complain in this thread I win the next game and it happened again.

So the new event will include the cards we won as prizes in Brawl? I guess it makes sense to wean people off the rotating cards slowly but I don't know if I will devote too much energy to brewing at this point

Thats kind of how Sekiro works.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Spiderdrake posted:

Pets are paid cosmetics which they're never allowing anyone to turn off.

There's literally an option to turn off your pet in your profile right now.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
MTG Arena Throne of Eldraine: Sometimes Everyone Needs Help From A Teferi Godmother

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

DrSunshine posted:

MTG Arena Throne of Eldraine: Sometimes Everyone Needs Help From A Teferi Godmother
:perfect:
Its reign will last until winter.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 9, 2019

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Spiderdrake posted:

Don't worry monoblack is shaping up to be ultra faceroll.

Like not Mono U-ltra faceroll but pretty close. Pity we're probably going into Eej's personal midrange hell though.

What's mono black starting to look like? Knight of the Ebon Legion, Order of Midnight + other stuff?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What's mono black starting to look like? Knight of the Ebon Legion, Order of Midnight + other stuff?
I mean I think it ends up as tier 2 but yeah, curve topper is the zombie dinosaur and you just run like current white weenie except with better removal and different lines of card advantage.

Being tier 2 since I don't think you can really get around people maindecking cry and blowing your turn 1-2 out. I guess there's Drill Bit and Duress, though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MTG Arena: Adventure Time With Fblthp and Jace

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Funky Valentine posted:

MTG Arena: Adventure Time With Fblthp and Jace

:yeah:

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

Shooting Blanks posted:

Have they implemented an option to turn off pets yet?

It's on profile / pet - you can uncheck the box.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Folks, you're gonna want to bolt this bird at 350 degrees for one hour per pound

https://twitter.com/AutumnLilyMTG/status/1170094825548537868

This deck feels pretty strong

Just played against this deck and holy poo poo I hate it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A go wide deck running multiple board wipes sure is a normal thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Why wouldn’t you when generating 4-8 power is free and happens 1-3 times a turn?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://mythicspoiler.com/newspoilers.html

e: I haven't seen adamant before

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 9, 2019

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Murderous Rider seems absolutely nuts.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I apologize, but it is now superstition that when I complain in this thread I win the next game and it happened again.

So the new event will include the cards we won as prizes in Brawl? I guess it makes sense to wean people off the rotating cards slowly but I don't know if I will devote too much energy to brewing at this point

I might brew up an improvement to my silly/janky Gates deck but I'm at level 89 right now so I don't need the extra XP. Might queue into it and play for daily quests and then concede to help people out though.

I've saved up like 80k gold for Eldraine drafts so I hope it's a good limited format :ohdear:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Once Upon A Time looks a fun card.

Joust is a replacement for Reckless Rage in Boros Feather.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Seems alright:

https://twitter.com/day9tv/status/1171090892201086976

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
whew.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That sure is an ability salad

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh man the literal monkey's paw

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Today's spoilers are good news for the potential survival of Yarok Field in standard. Once Upon A Time doesn't cheat lands into play sadly, but after the new '3 mana put land from library onto battlefield' spell could only hit basic lands it looked dire for searching up Fields. This card can do that and is just a very good card in general - it's potentially even better in a situation where you want a powerful creature like Yarok or Cavalier of Thorns instead of a land.

Also think Murderous Rider looks just delicious in this deck. 3 mana destroy effect and/or reasonable dude-stopper+chump-blocker with lifelink is super, and additionally it can be a really ghetto version of the effect Nexus had in the deck, stopping you from milling yourself in slow matchups. Sadly not as good since it can be stopped in many ways whereas Nexus can't be (even just getting dead can be rough potentially) so it's definitely not good enough as a primary appeal of the card. But as an extra bonus on an already extremely solid card it seems like gravy.

E^^^card is very cool and I want to play with it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Alternatively play the superior Golos Field and have the titular card play your Field

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Eej posted:

Alternatively play the superior Golos Field and have the titular card play your Field

The issue is 5CMC minions are very much not the ideal first source of digging and especially not a Legendary one that you ideally don't want to play a second copy of until the first is dead. You already have Cavalier at 5 that can dig too anyway. Very good chance the best Field deck will include Golos, but any successful Field deck will need Once Upon A Time to search for Field as well (although frankly it's so good I imagine it'd be a 4-of even if it didn't dig for Field so, same difference I guess).

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

zoux posted:

A Monkey's Paw is a pretty cool flavor add and I like that we now have Demonic Tutor in Standard but with a flavorful and interesting downside.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SICKOFWOLVES/status/1171097721458946049?s=19

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What a mess.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Food seems like a weak mechanic

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

The mechanics of this thing also have absolutely nothing to do with the Questing Beast in the novel. lol.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Questing beast was made to kill Teferi right down to being able to attack past a hero and its tokens.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Oceanbound posted:

The mechanics of this thing also have absolutely nothing to do with the Questing Beast in the novel. lol.

Honestly, it feels like the conversion from story to mechanics has been pretty weak so far.

Also questing beast kills through turbofog :-(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GrandpaPants posted:

Honestly, it feels like the conversion from story to mechanics has been pretty weak so far.

Also questing beast kills through turbofog :-(

idk I think the mice crewing the pumpkin carriage is really cute

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

Arthurian legends?

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

zoux posted:

This should have been a wish effect instead of a tutor. It's a monkey's paw damnit.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I only remember her from The Once and Future King, and barely.

Wasn't the Questing Beast meant to be an equivalent to the Ithaca poem?

In which case yeah, we got a flavor failure. To be fair, this set is sweet on subverting our expectations, but I don't know which expectations they were trying to subvert here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If you're questing beast doesn't conform to pre-Vulgate romantic Arthurian poetry, gtfo my CCG