Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

General Dog posted:

Is he going to wear that helmet all the time?

If he wears it all the time then the actor can't demand compensation increases for future seasons since they can easily replace him.

bim bam boom so simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He wears the helmet when he fucks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

High Lord Elbow posted:

Anyone who thinks the first act of ANH drags needs to watch any other movie from 1977.
Superman starts with 5 minutes of opening credits before ANYTHING actually happens. I mean actor names, not crawling expository text. At least it has John Williams rocking out.

Yeah ANH doesn’t drag, it simply doesn’t rush through things. It’s willing to have smaller moments to fill out the world and let certain concepts breathe, which is one of the biggest things the ST is severely lacking in.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

like The Bandit and his hat, The Mandalorian only takes his helmet off for one thing and one thing only

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I'm not sure what's going on here...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Like, did the Mandalorian and his buddies decide to visit Frontier Land at DZ-N3 World?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Mandrel posted:

like The Bandit and his hat, The Mandalorian only takes his helmet off for one thing and one thing only

shidding

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it’s an Entertainment photoshoot. they all look terrible and weird and like bad cosplay somehow

does anybody have any insight on that actually? why does Entertainment make everything look so terrible? is it like the lighting or composition or like combination of unedited set photos taken in super high definition with lack of eye for cinematic composition?

and bigger question, they obviously know it looks terrible so what’s up with it being like Entertainment’s “Style” to shoot things this way? have they always done that? is it a branding thing to make them stand out like how some stores will get upside down billboards?

these aren’t rhetorical questions I’m honestly curious about this

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bogus Adventure posted:

They’re setting up a season ending homage to the shot at the end of The Searchers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Bogus Adventure posted:

Obviously looking at his newly installed backyard kitchen and roasting porgs.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

General Dog posted:

They’re setting up a season ending homage to the shot at the end of The Searchers.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Obviously looking at his newly installed backyard kitchen and roasting porgs.

:laffo:

It almost looks like The Mandalorian & Co. are auditioning for a spinoff show of Alaskan Bush People.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Mandalorians must never take their helmets off, especially if they wanna gently caress.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so how many seasons until boba fett appears on the mandalorian my moneys on 2

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's gonna paint his armour the iconic sand green by the end of season 1, and then he gets his dad's jetpack back in season 2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They're not the same mandalorian!!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Mandalorian takes place after ROTJ. I'm not up to date with Disney™ Brand™ Star Wars™ Canon™—is Boba Fett dead or not? He's dead right?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He's technically dead right now but we all know that's not gonna last.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
He’s not dead until they drag his digested corpse out of the sarlacc’s rectum and beat any mystery out of it: “And HERE’S how he got the dent on his helmet and HERE’S why his left shin plate is that color and HERE’S a new toy!”

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sabine is a better and more interesting character than Boba Fett anyways. Hope we see her first instead.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sabine is a better and more interesting character than any of the characters in the Disney live action movies.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Bogus Adventure posted:

Mandalorian is secretly West World season 4. Be Boba Fett in any setting you want!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
He'll take off his helmet in the last episode, but they'll leave he head off screen. :)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bogus Adventure posted:

Sabine is a better and more interesting character than any of the characters in the Disney live action movies.

I watched all of Rebels and barely remember a thing about her. She's an artist, and she has obligations on Mandalor, and she used to be a cadet in the Academy, but I don't remember ever having much sense of who she really was.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

General Dog posted:

I watched all of Rebels and barely remember a thing about her. She's an artist, and she has obligations on Mandalor, and she used to be a cadet in the Academy, but I don't remember ever having much sense of who she really was.

i mean, just mentioning a hobby and some preexisting ties to her homeland is already more character information than two ST movies have done with its new protagonists

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

She has an interesting look and an interesting biography, but that doesn't really equal being a compelling character. Like most of the Rebels crew, she's just kind of a bore.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I tried watching Clone Wars and Rebels and just couldn't get past the innate Disney Saturday morning cartoon vibe from them. It's a shame they're telling so much of the story this way.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

I tried watching Clone Wars and Rebels and just couldn't get past the innate Disney Saturday morning cartoon vibe from them. It's a shame they're telling so much of the story this way.

I think that's the intended vibe, but imo Clone Wars (at least from about mid season 2 through the end) is much better than Rebels on the whole, both in production values and in storytelling. It really benefits from the anthology format it settled into (basically standalone arcs of 4 episodes apiece). There are some clunkers, but the shifting focus kept things from getting stale.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 9, 2019

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Also, skip any JarJar episodes.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

Also, skip any JarJar episodes.

The one where they pair Jar Jar and Mace Windu and they end up in the Temple of Doom is kind of great

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Wonder what Guinness's reaction would be to a deepfake video replacing his face with Ewan McGregor's, or that CGI Vader-Obi-Wan duel monstrosity. I'd imagine he'd either have some pithy acerbic witticism, or just cry like McKellen on the set of The Hobbit.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 9, 2019

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Wonder what Guinness's reaction would be to a deepfake video replacing his face with Ewan McGregor's, or that CGI Vader-Obi-Wan duel monstrosity. I'd imagine he'd either have some pithy acerbic witticism, or just cry like McKellen on the set of The Hobbit.

"If they had only had this in the 70s I wouldn't have had to do three pictures"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

General Dog posted:

The one where they pair Jar Jar and Mace Windu and they end up in the Temple of Doom is kind of great

They even give Jar Jar a girlfriend. She’s the same species as Mars Guo. I love that little arc.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's the Padme episodes that are most likely to be boring (these often feature Jar Jar)

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

There's an arc towards the end of one of the later series that was worse than anything involving Padme or Jar Jar.

The one with the little Republic general who looked like a frog, taking a team of droids (including R2) on a mission. It was plonked in the running order right when some much more interesting stuff was happening (possibly Maul?) and I just remember being really annoyed every time I reached the end of an episode and found the arc hadn't finished yet.

Still watched them all though, like a giant idiot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Someone here pointed me to a good viewing guide that let me skip all the bad Clone Wars stuff and it worked out very well.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

CaptainApathyUK posted:

There's an arc towards the end of one of the later series that was worse than anything involving Padme or Jar Jar.

The one with the little Republic general who looked like a frog, taking a team of droids (including R2) on a mission. It was plonked in the running order right when some much more interesting stuff was happening (possibly Maul?) and I just remember being really annoyed every time I reached the end of an episode and found the arc hadn't finished yet.

Still watched them all though, like a giant idiot.

"Missing in Action" was good though, if only for Gregor

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If they’d have stuck with the semi-anthology structure for Rebels, it could’ve been a lot of fun. Actually going into how the coalition building worked. How did the Mon Calamari join the Alliance? How about the Bothans? Could they get covert financial support from some old separatists who still had a grudge?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

General Dog posted:

If they’d have stuck with the semi-anthology structure for Rebels, it could’ve been a lot of fun. Actually going into how the coalition building worked. How did the Mon Calamari join the Alliance? How about the Bothans? Could they get covert financial support from some old separatists who still had a grudge?

There was a good episode where they meet some Separatist Droid holdouts who didn't obey the shutdown order and the main character convinces them the Rebellion is the legitimate successor to Separatist ideology. The episode ends with the Battle Droids siding with the Rebellion and doing the whole "We'll team in a later episode" thing, but the series ended before they could ever show up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rebels is fun because they moved away from the dumb shtick in the Clone Wars about how every alien species is an ethnic stereotype from Earth (fat French Twi'lek dude was pretty gross). That was pretty :chloe: of the show. IMHO, Clone Wars was best when it was about the clones.

Rex 4eva.