Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Sounds like y'all need to craft The Solution https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/solution-2008-09-05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

They don't give you an option to filter for Eldraine cards yet in the deckbuilder, and I'm too lazy to look up what I got from the previous event.

Overall I'm gonna try to finally make a Selesnya Tolsimir Wolves deck but I'm hoping for another few pieces in Eldraine

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Not sure what deck this can belong to in standard.

This is not the killer equipment Syr Gwyn brawl was looking for.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cavalcade, cast for 2 onto Spitfire :getin:

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They don't give you an option to filter for Eldraine cards yet in the deckbuilder, and I'm too lazy to look up what I got from the previous event.

Search for e:eld

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

A Moose posted:

So apparently you can have 6 copies of cavalcade in your deck

Wait what

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Just salt.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm generally pretty happy when I run into cavalcade with a modified Boros mentor precon.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ChrisBTY posted:

Yeah but whenever you cast it you can do some fancy gestures and shout out "I dub theeeeeeee, Syr GWYNMORE"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Beast Weasel is a completely insane magical card

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What are the 2020 replacements for:

Cast Down
Moment of Craving
Vraska's Contempt

i.e. I want B spot removal options, including the possibility of gaining life and/or hitting walkers

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ChrisBTY posted:

Not sure what deck this can belong to in standard.

Turn 1 Scorch Spitter Turn 2 something that's bound to have a two for two mana drop in the new set or two 1 drops, Turn 3 Embercleave

Not that crazy to conceive in RDW or calamity

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cast Down
Moment of Craving
Vraska's Contempt

i.e. I want B spot removal options, including the possibility of gaining life and/or hitting walkers
M20 has murder, Throne has that Murderous Rider that was just spoiled.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cast Down
Moment of Craving
Vraska's Contempt

Vraska's replacement is the Murderous Knight.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bust Rodd posted:

Beast Weasel is a completely insane magical card

It'll be shitcanned by my inability to draw to 4 mana 9 out of 10 games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh the scryland cycle isn't complete? Well that puts a cramp on Dimir

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I made the cavalcade deck, it doesn't work more than it works, but somehow every single opponent gets the nut against me, I've never seen it. I've seen LOOOOOOTS of turn 4 7/7 lifelinkers and very few cavalcades. This event just hates me, its all luck and I'm out of it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

A Moose posted:

I made the cavalcade deck, it doesn't work more than it works, but somehow every single opponent gets the nut against me, I've never seen it. I've seen LOOOOOOTS of turn 4 7/7 lifelinkers and very few cavalcades. This event just hates me, its all luck and I'm out of it.

I made temur elementals and pretty much everything is cavalcade or lifelink that goes off before I can do anything or some sort of grindy control that just kills all my poo poo and pulls apart my hand before I can get anything going

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I encountered my first opponent doing the whole "rapidly mouse over your hand to make it flash" thing and what the gently caress

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Anyone know how to calculate how much more of this event you need to play to reach 100 before rotation? I'm at 85, no extra quests, 15 wins for the week are done.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I threw my Azorius Teferi deck against this event - the one that has no real win condition besides "People scoop against Teferi" and "Hitting face with a zombie token, I guess" - and encountered no Cavalcades, just strange jank.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Arivia posted:

Anyone know how to calculate how much more of this event you need to play to reach 100 before rotation? I'm at 85, no extra quests, 15 wins for the week are done.

There's 15-18 levels remaining. 16 days, so 8 from dailies, 7.5 from two weeklies, then maybe two from events if thats a thing.

I think that's right?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Retooled the Ashiok "gently caress you Scapeshift " deck and my first opponent was a retooled Scapeshift deck, good times and satisfying first win. Just one more

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Arivia posted:

Go to the Set Mastery page, click on level 100 and it will tell you how many XP it will take to get you there.

With 16 days left you'll get 8000 XP from dailies and 7500 XP from two more weeks of 15 wins.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

IMJack posted:

Go to the Set Mastery page, click on level 100 and it will tell you how many XP it will take to get you there.

With 16 days left you'll get 8000 XP from dailies and 7500 XP from two more weeks of 15 wins.

Hmm I have 6 wins already this week and one quest on the docket with 16000 XP to full mastery lol

I was thinking "this event will help me" but it's only 200 XP, I guess it's repeatable so they want us to grind it?

With my luck I will get approximately 40+ 1-1 events

Edit: :woop: opponent 2 mulled to five then scooped, I'll take what I can get gimme that XP

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 10, 2019

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

IMJack posted:

Sweet, don’t need to do any more of this if I can stay on top of quests. Thanks!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I encountered my first opponent doing the whole "rapidly mouse over your hand to make it flash" thing and what the gently caress

Oh Gods it didn't occur to me my opponents can see that.
I don't do it often but I do it sometimes as a nervous/impatient tick.
like flicking your cards in paper.
Should do my best to chill on that then.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cast Down
Moment of Craving
Vraska's Contempt

I don’t know about cast down but the knight replaces Vraska and disfigure is probably just straight up better than craving.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Excuse me, Bake into a Pie is clearly the Vraska replacement.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

RIP Red Deck Wins. Sometimes I felt guilty cranking out the max number of daily wins as fast as possible by playing you but I did it anyway.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ChrisBTY posted:

Oh Gods it didn't occur to me my opponents can see that.
I don't do it often but I do it sometimes as a nervous/impatient tick.
like flicking your cards in paper.
Should do my best to chill on that then.

I dunno why they show you what your opponent is looking at anyway, doesn't seem to add much either way.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Magic Underwear posted:

I don’t know about cast down but the knight replaces Vraska and disfigure is probably just straight up better than craving.
Nothing really replaces Cast Down but yeah, Disfigure, Sorin's Thirst, Legion's End, Bedeck, Murder, Witch's Vengeance and Swift End give you a pretty solid package to choose from.

Oh, and maybe Price of Fame is good if there's a lot of good legends.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Justin_Brett posted:

I dunno why they show you what your opponent is looking at anyway, doesn't seem to add much either way.

So you can bluff that you have an answer, e.g., a counter, that you chose not to use.

beedub
Jul 21, 2003

Is there a decent strat to climbing out of the gold dumpster in bo3? I've been on vacation this month so I'm way behind. I seem to enjoy climbing in plat and diamond a lot more once I'm actually there

It's such a knife fight in there I can't seem to find anything super consistent. In similar situations in HS I'd just smash some linear aggro deck, but those seem so easy to hate out in bo3, especially if you play something obvious like vamps

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The strategy for Bo3 is play a good deck and sideboard appropriately

beedub
Jul 21, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

This may be where I'm slipping up

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Weird - it gave me a new quest for today, but I can't refresh any of them.

Harl37
Oct 13, 2005

So very tired.

TheMaestroso posted:

Weird - it gave me a new quest for today, but I can't refresh any of them.

Try restarting the client, same thing happened to me yesterday.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I just played against the weirdest Agent of Treachery control deck. Either cheating the AoT into play by discarding and blood for bones, and then using various bounce effects to just keep stealing all my lands. It was pretty hilarious to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I have no idea how to sideboard which is why I've stayed away from Bo3 formats. I'm also a bit worried that the time commitment may be too much.

Are there any good guides about how to sideboard?