Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
This appears to be a bear being suplexed

3G sorcery
put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control, then it fight with target creature you don't control.
Adament — creature you control gain indestructible until end of turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
I didn't know they were making Surrak a planeswalker.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

GoutPatrol posted:

Ban Glimpse the Unthinkable, its the only way

sorry mill brothers, gotta take one for the team

They loving would too after I just bought a play set of extirpates on ebay.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Tainen posted:

This appears to be a bear being suplexed

:vince:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

code:
"Return from Clouds"
3G
Instant
Put target card from your graveyard to your hand, put another target card from your graveyard to the top of your library. Exile Return from Clouds.

Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, put these cards to your hand instead and exile Return from Clouds.

code:
"Garenbrig Paladin"
4G
Creature - Giant Knight
Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, Garenbrig Paladin enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.

Garenbrig Paladin cannot be blocked by creatures with power less than or equal to 2.

code:
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2U
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Wizard
This spell casts 1 less to cast for each artifact you control.

When Emry, Lurker of the Loch enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.

T: Choose target artifact card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn.
Illus. Livia Prima    1/2

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Doesn't Emry have Affinity for Artifacts but they don't call it Affinity for Artifacts?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Emry seems playable-ish in Whirza

E: she also goes infinite very neatly with a Bauble and Paradox Engine/Jeskai Ascendancy

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 10, 2019

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

GrandpaPants posted:

Doesn't Emry have Affinity for Artifacts but they don't call it Affinity for Artifacts?

Yes, along with the recent tezzeret and tireless tracker for landfall before it, plus others I’m forgetting I’m sure. They’re understandably hesitant to use a keyword for a single card or two in a set.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Wanna mindslaver lock with that fish.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

Yes, along with the recent tezzeret and tireless tracker for landfall before it, plus others I’m forgetting I’m sure. They’re understandably hesitant to use a keyword for a single card or two in a set.

Tenth district legionnaire has heroic, but not keyworded as such.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Drewjitsu posted:

Tenth district legionnaire has heroic, but not keyworded as such.

Right, there’s not-battalion too now that I think of it.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Elyv posted:

code:
"Return from Clouds"
3G
Instant
Put target card from your graveyard to your hand, put another target card from your graveyard to the top of your library. Exile Return from Clouds.

Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, put these cards to your hand instead and exile Return from Clouds.

Double Regrowth, nice

quote:

code:
"Garenbrig Paladin"
4G
Creature - Giant Knight
Adamant - If at least three green mana was spent to cast this spell, Garenbrig Paladin enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.

Garenbrig Paladin cannot be blocked by creatures with power less than or equal to 2.

"HEY GUYS, WE FIXED STEEL LEAF CHAMPION!"

quote:

code:
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2U

When Emry, Lurker of the Loch enters the battlefield, put the top four cards of your library into your graveyard.

T: Choose target artifact card in your graveyard. You may cast that card this turn.

Snap this poo poo up asap, it's gonna be broken as gently caress in eternal formats.

edit: vintage players recurring black lotus every turn :getin:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I gotta say, the prices for new cards on MTGO are super whack - 30 tickets for baby Teferi, 30 for Prismatic Vista, 60 for Force of Negation, fuckin' 140 tickets for Wrenn and Six? Good lord.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That's cause MTGO is dying so ain't nobody drafting or buying packs to provide supply to the bots

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Nobody is drafting on mtgo, so there's basically zero supply of these cards.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

I gotta say, the prices for new cards on MTGO are super whack - 30 tickets for baby Teferi, 30 for Prismatic Vista, 60 for Force of Negation, fuckin' 140 tickets for Wrenn and Six? Good lord.

Just play pauper or paper mtgo is dying cloud

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Hellsau posted:

Not enough people are drafting because of Arena so there's not enough supply

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Mezzanon posted:

Just play pauper or paper mtgo is dying cloud

Galaxy Brain: play historic on Arena

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Still looking at some legacy stuff. Wouldn't be worth trying to convert my token list into legacy? I found this list which I have most of the modern pieces for. Maybe out in some vindicates and humility instead of land tax? Land tax looks like it's thee just to offset the pegasus token buyback.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1883300#paper

It doesn't seem like it does a lot of weird legacy stuff, which I think might be missing the point of legacy?

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 10, 2019

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

code:
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
2U

Sweet! Another Mox Amber enabler for Modern. 8 mox seems pretty dece. :getin:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the loch ness monster!

noble troll

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Greedy Impulse {U/B}{U/B}{U/B}{U/B}

Sorcery (Uncommon)

Target opponent reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card in that player’s hand or graveyard, and exile it. For as long as that card remains exiled, you may cast it, and you may spend mana as though it were any type to cast it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Strictly better Memory Plunder, isn't it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
have some goats

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

sick, another good cube card

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Kurtofan posted:

have some goats

Welcome to my illness in the ranks/hunted phantasm/Blood seeker deck

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Kurtofan posted:

have some goats

I'm having trouble evaluating that card. Your opponent gets to tap it down for 3 turns but you gain 9 life and draw 3 cards... seems good.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Kurtofan posted:

have some goats

I've now lost count of how many cards I've seen spoiled over the years that I think are both terrible and great at the same time, and I love them regardless.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
It's the haste that sells it for me. Without it I'd be way down on it, but with it, your worst case is Draw 1, gain 3, eat removal on their turn, which seems fine. Well, unless you play it into open black mana, in which case you silly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The ability to cast the spell after you've attacked with a rogue gets stapled to the exiled card, right? So if opponent kills this, and you attack a couple turns later with another rogue, you can cast the exiled card?

If it didn't, it would be templated like

You may cast cards exiled by ~ if you attacked with a rogue this turn, spend mana blah blah blah

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Bell_ posted:

Strictly better Memory Plunder, isn't it?

Memory Plunder is an instant and you cast it immediately which lets you hit opponent's sorceries as if they had flash.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Devor posted:

The ability to cast the spell after you've attacked with a rogue gets stapled to the exiled card, right? So if opponent kills this, and you attack a couple turns later with another rogue, you can cast the exiled card?

I think that's correct

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Desecration Demon was, in fact, Quite Good, and this seems even better in many matchups.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's similar templating to thief of sanity so I believe so.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Tibalt posted:

I'm having trouble evaluating that card. Your opponent gets to tap it down for 3 turns but you gain 9 life and draw 3 cards... seems good.

desecration demon was quite good in mono-B control. it was slightly cheaper and didn't give your opponent stuff to tap it down for free, but you also didn't gain life and draw cards when they tapped it down.
so i dunno. the fail case here of spending 5 mana on a threat and getting Murdered (or Murderknighted) is pretty bad, since you just gave oppo three dorks. the case where they sacrifice them one at a time to tap down your troll is also pretty meh, because 3BB to extremely slowly gain 9 and draw 3 is probably not good.

hard card to evaluate. this thing is gigantic and ends the game really fast once it can start cracking in. it probably completely sucks against any kind of blue-based control deck, though, between Narset and Teferi.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Kurtofan posted:

have some goats

There's your MonoBlack control finisher

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

flavor fail having no green

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Cast that witch card naming goats and bam no more goats for them to sac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Tibalt posted:

They can tap it down for longer than 3 turns, but of course at some point they have to start providing their own sacrifices (and you keep getting resources). Also, you can pressure their creature base to make it more difficult for them to sac.

On the other hand, not only does it die to removal, but if it dies to removal immediately, they get three free tokens.

Compare it to Risk Factor, which already doesn't seem to get played much anymore (granted, this is partly due to red currently benefiting from an embarrassment of riches when it comes to drawing/seeing extra cards). It's a sweeter deal for your opponent, all else held equal; each extra card they give you prevents 8 damage, as opposed to 1.33 damage for Risk Factor. It also comes out at a clunkier spot on the curve, and is more vulnerable to countermagic (and is vulnerable to creature removal at all). For these alone, I don't think it's great, but watch me be proved wrong again.

edit: then again I forgot the desecration demon comp, which is a pretty good point.