Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Combatants Will Be Dispatched is extremely on the Konosuba brand and I love it. I didn't know Kemono Michi was by the same author, I regret having it linger in my backlog now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Spider updated

its finally time to leave that goddamned labyrinth and head into the world

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Spider updated

its finally time to leave that goddamned labyrinth and head into the world
Alaba rules

giant dog dragon is all okay, you beat me fair and square, I am satisfied. Finish it. what a boss

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I thought it was gonna turn out to be another one of the classmates. Was it really just a dragon?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Galvanik posted:

I thought it was gonna turn out to be another one of the classmates. Was it really just a dragon?

Yes. All the other classmates we meet, afaik going only a little further, are basically newborns. She got lucky and matured super fast as a spider, while her classmates got put into longer life stages.

So glad that dragon is over with though. 6 months of terrible chapters.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

This one is KOREAN and not japanese, but I still like it.

Dimensional Mercenary

The MC is a jobless guy in debt, who wants to make money. He fills out a sketchy website that turns out to be a job application to send his soul to another world and fulfill a contract. He gets paid according to the results.

So it's Isekai where he goes to another world, accomplishes something, then comes back and does it again.

The nice thing is this means each 'world' becomes its own little subplot and you get resolution of each story fairly quick.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Life as a Reincarnated Sage in Another World

Rather harmless and inoffensive but the extreme OP MC may turn people off to it.

The MC is a black company worker who gest Isekai'ed and becomes a tamer, and tames a bunch of slimes. Then he learns magic - all of the magic - and becomes a sage. Now he's OP and uses his slimes and his magic to pretty much just wander around looking bland and doing whatever he feels like.

Might hit a few notes with people, might not, but there's nothing bad in it. No slavery, he gets a couple cute girl companions who he promptly leaves behind. Fun doggo familiar that's basically scared shitless of the MC, and alternates between timid and proud.

Kinda fun to read when you're waiting on other series to catch up.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I'll read anything with adorable slimes.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Siegkrow posted:

Not an isekai, but Slime Life is a good one.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Bloodstained Princess

khy
Aug 15, 2005

This is good. Added to my follows, thank you!
But is it Isekai? Is she reincarnated or something and we don't know yet? It's good either way I'm just curious.

Siegkrow posted:

I also like it because it doesn't have the stereotypical 'Adventure guild bullies' you see in all the Isekai. There's a big, mean-looking dude early on who turns out to be a pretty good guy, and I like that. Sort of got a 'we look out for each other' vibe that I enjoyed.

khy fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 10, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well, I'm sold.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUVNYmxJ_c

New trailer for the Bookworm anime starting next month.

I hope it doesn't suck. The anime designs aren't as cute as the manga or book designs and it has me worried. It looks like they've put a fair amount of effort into the world design, at least.

Also it's going to be weird since I'd envisioned a fairly different cast for a lot of the characters, but that's just what you get I guess.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
While I somewhat agree, I guess they maxed out in cuteness by tapping Yuka Iguchi to do a super cute voice instead. :kimchi:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

khy posted:

But is it Isekai? Is she reincarnated or something and we don't know yet? It's good either way I'm just curious.

As far as I got in the WN, no.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Still though, awesome woman need more love in manga.

Thank you for posting.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Bakanogami posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUVNYmxJ_c

New trailer for the Bookworm anime starting next month.

I hope it doesn't suck. The anime designs aren't as cute as the manga or book designs and it has me worried. It looks like they've put a fair amount of effort into the world design, at least.

Also it's going to be weird since I'd envisioned a fairly different cast for a lot of the characters, but that's just what you get I guess.

I'm worried because it looks like they're going as far as the dream world, which is like chapter 130. Even at two cours, you'd have to flat out delete half the chapters just to keep it at a reasonable 2.5 chapters per episode! I really hope it's good though!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
It's 14 episodes. How in the world are they going to squeeze everything in this?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

new Putin Isekai, wherein our hero learns how to bro down

https://whimsubs.xyz/r/read/a460b2cc-0877-4eeb-a3c9-aaa48979ba50

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bro Dad posted:

new Putin Isekai, wherein our hero learns how to bro down

https://whimsubs.xyz/r/read/a460b2cc-0877-4eeb-a3c9-aaa48979ba50

He was so close to his goal. It's not fair.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

I'm worried because it looks like they're going as far as the dream world, which is like chapter 130. Even at two cours, you'd have to flat out delete half the chapters just to keep it at a reasonable 2.5 chapters per episode! I really hope it's good though!

A lot of the time with early anime PVs they’ll only have the art for the first few episodes done anyway, so my guess is they’re going to be using that scene as some sort of frame story device, showing the bits from earth and part 1 as a flashback. Ferdinand is the most popular character in Japan so I can understand their wanting to include him.

NA fans are just going to have to deal with being confused, maybe.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Was this posted? Cheating Men Must Die

A woman body jumps Quantum Leap style into other women who have "become secondary characters" to punish the men who tossed them aside and the women who "took their place". The background is similar to that one where a guy completes quests in various worlds, as she gets paid and can buy items from her "employer".

This first part is set in an imperial court, and she hops into a consort who has just lost her top rank to a schemer.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I've been reading this isekai about a woman reincarnated as the wife of a noble and spends her time drinking tea, basically like a food manga but only dealing with different types of tea. A tea-sekai, if you will. The story is mostly light-hearted with some hints at some potential relationship drama, but right now it's just focusing on tea-drinking. It also has nice art and some funny moments.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

I've been reading this isekai about a woman reincarnated as the wife of a noble and spends her time drinking tea, basically like a food manga but only dealing with different types of tea. A tea-sekai, if you will. The story is mostly light-hearted with some hints at some potential relationship drama, but right now it's just focusing on tea-drinking. It also has nice art and some funny moments.

Oh snap, I had to re-read this a couple of times because it was colored and I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was a manga (even though colored manga isn't like, the most outrageous thing in the world or anything). It looks like anime screenshots.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh snap, I had to re-read this a couple of times because it was colored and I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was a manga (even though colored manga isn't like, the most outrageous thing in the world or anything). It looks like anime screenshots.

It's a Korean webcomic. They're all fully colored.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Was this posted? Cheating Men Must Die

A woman body jumps Quantum Leap style into other women who have "become secondary characters" to punish the men who tossed them aside and the women who "took their place". The background is similar to that one where a guy completes quests in various worlds, as she gets paid and can buy items from her "employer".

This first part is set in an imperial court, and she hops into a consort who has just lost her top rank to a schemer.

I read this a little while ago and mostly I just thought it was odd how, despite the title, the focus was way more on getting revenge on "the other woman". Maybe that'll change in future stories, but that gave me a unpleasant impression, like the writer thought that women were always at fault for a cheating man.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Clarste posted:

I read this a little while ago and mostly I just thought it was odd how, despite the title, the focus was way more on getting revenge on "the other woman". Maybe that'll change in future stories, but that gave me a unpleasant impression, like the writer thought that women were always at fault for a cheating man.

She does say why she's focused on the woman here: she ended up having a looooooooooooooot of people killed, including the younger princes, in her quest to be the most powerful woman in the empire.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You should know by now that in-universe excuses aren't very compelling in this thread.

Anyway, it was just the juxtaposition of the title and the actual content of the first arc that made me raise an eyebrow.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I just found out that Kumo Desu Ga has a spin-off comedy manga about the aspects of her personality. It is incredibly silly, and Magic 2 is the best character.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

New chapter of Fenrir Food isekai!

https://lhtranslation.net/read-tondemo-skill-de-isekai-hourou-meshi-chapter-25.html

Sui continues to be a cute and very good slime, who can also shred trees like paper

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Can Of Worms posted:

My headcanon is that before she was reincarnated into a Duchess, this woman was actually a reincarnated Arthur Dent.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

https://www.mangahere.cc/manga/akuyaku_reijo_nano_de_last_boss_wo_kattemimashita/c001/1.html

Really interesting. kinda sweet.
Isekai'd girl, as a villainess, but only starts getting memories back after she had bullied the heroine into the arms of her fiance.
She goes straight to the secret NG+ route bachelor, the Demon King, trying to romance him to stop her death fate.

She keeps getting more memories back only after she gets to a point that using in-game methods wouldn't work, forcing her to make plans as each memory changes everything. DOUBLE spoiler: The heroine is Also an isekai'd girl

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Siegkrow posted:

https://www.mangahere.cc/manga/akuyaku_reijo_nano_de_last_boss_wo_kattemimashita/c001/1.html

Really interesting. kinda sweet.
Isekai'd girl, as a villainess, but only starts getting memories back after she had bullied the heroine into the arms of her fiance.
She goes straight to the secret NG+ route bachelor, the Demon King, trying to romance him to stop her death fate.

She keeps getting more memories back only after she gets to a point that using in-game methods wouldn't work, forcing her to make plans as each memory changes everything. DOUBLE spoiler: The heroine is Also an isekai'd girl

I dislike the Otome game isekai stuff but this is actually interesting.

I don't recall if I posted this before, but the Tondemo Skill Isekai has a great spin-off about the slime pet in it, Sui. The Main story is about an MC with an online grocery store power, who uses amazing cooking to tame the legendary Fenrir beast. Then he gets a slime, goes on adventures, is super chill and super fun. The side story is about the super cute slime.

The side story is pretty adorable if you like cute, innocent antics. It just got a 3rd chapter released! But the 2nd chapter's the best. Anyone who likes cute slimes will LOVE this

khy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 17, 2019

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

I said I'd post about this again once things were getting to the wrapping up point, and now we're here. There's apparently just 6 chapters left to be finished up, so if you were interested I'd say it's pretty safe to pick it up. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

Quick recap, since it's been a while.

World of Yggdrasia is an upcoming fantasy VRMMO that looks to be the most realistic yet. The main character is No. 13, a young orphan girl that is one of 100 orphans that make up a secret group of beta testers that are testing out the potential for using monster avatars instead of human ones. Some of the testers discover that there's more to Yggdrasia than they were told, and the MC winds up smack in the middle of the chaos that follows.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Faraway Paladin
Will and the gang take a little tour of the city and visit the temple.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Always with the cliffhangers :argh:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Huzzah! posted:

New Faraway Paladin
Will and the gang take a little tour of the city and visit the temple.

I'm torn on whether the Bishop is going to be exactly what he seems to be on the paper, and turn out to having invited Will in because he wants to wipe out Gracefeel worshippers, and be really stereotypical and boring...

Or defy that stereotype and turn out to be actually devout and either jaded or working to a higher cause while playing dumb. The early chapters of this makes me hopeful enough that maybe it's this.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

KittyEmpress posted:

Or defy that stereotype and turn out to be actually devout and either jaded or working to a higher cause while playing dumb. The early chapters of this makes me hopeful enough that maybe it's this.

I was kinda wondering if that was going to be the case as well, with how he reacted to what Will said. 

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm assuming he'll be the truly wise, well-intentioned sort while his pious assistant who everyone looks up to turns out to be a right bastard. Seems like what they're setting up for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Two more chapters of Otome Baka

https://mangadex.org/chapter/714362/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/714363/1