Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I love this division! Best division in the league!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's a good division if you're a stupid idiot like me

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

No history of that stuff. Only the 3rd one is really egregious and definitely a bad look.

The first one he slams the kicker in his blind-side nowhere near the play. It was dirty as gently caress and Anderson was fined for it. He's a garbage player.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Ehud posted:

it's a good division if you're a stupid idiot like me

guilty as charged

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1171440665961517060?s=19

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ehud posted:

The players think Flores didn't adjust because he isn't serious about winning games. I think he's just the next in a long line of guys from the Belichick tree who have no idea what they're doing.

I agree with you. I mean the idea of playing close to the line of scrimmage against the Ravens is legitimate. But when you aren't getting any pressure and Lamar is taking you apart down the field it's obviously time to change some things. It's so disheartening as a player to give up those huge plays, and when there's no safety help they rightfully feel that they've been left out to dry.

Minkah Fitzpatrick, Eric Rowe, and Jomal Wiltz all had LONG touchdown strikes thrown against them with no safety help whatsoever. Minkah is the only one who'd have a chance in that position but even then offensive players are fast as poo poo and it's really really loving hard to follow them down the entire field and still be in position to contest the throws, which by the way were absolute dimes in the perfect spot.

Flores seems clueless so far, and thus the perfect coach for the Dolphins.

Play fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Sep 10, 2019

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Even for non-coverage reasons you might want a safety back there because ummmm what happens if dude break a tackle?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am watching tua highlights today

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
So, Gase initially said maybe he put too much new info on the players. It was literally the only responsibility he took.

Mr. Clean posted:

“After the game, sometimes it feels completely different than when you go back and re-watch everything,” Gase said about his initial thought that he might have put too much on his players’ plates.

“Going back and thinking about after watching it, I don’t feel as I did when I was in that moment. I feel like it was okay.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...louy-story.html

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Gase seems to have an enormous reservoir of arrogance for a losing coach

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

I'm proud of you

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Boy loving howdy look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1171466212443742209?s=21

Nov 6, 2002

Keep an eye on them kickers.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Didn't the Jets just refuse a small pay bump to a good kicker?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tryna add a younghoe myself

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s gonna be way cool when the patriots have the same number of wins as the rest of the afce combined

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pats=bills+0+0, checks out

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ehud posted:

The players think Flores didn't adjust because he isn't serious about winning games. I think he's just the next in a long line of guys from the Belichick tree who have no idea what they're doing.

Belichick is basically the Napoleon of the NFL, and not just because he's short and potato shaped. Napoleon's marshals were notorious for tanking whenever they had an independent command without Napoleon looking over their shoulders. Belichick's coordinators are like Napoleon's marshals - useful tools when operating within a certain framework, but lost without guidance from the top.

Many of his marshals were just huge loving assholes in general, too.

Play posted:

Gase seems to have an enormous reservoir of arrogance for a losing coach

Smart people have more self-doubt than dumb assholes.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Armando says the Dolphins gameplan didn't include safety help over the top because the coaching staff didn't think Jackson was good enough. Made no adjustments even when it was clear he could make those throws.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1171415313742741506

That's uhhh, really misleading to say the least.

One of those plays in question was arguably the result of there not being safety help- the Snead touchdown. The first Brown touchdown didn't have a deep safety over the top, but McCain was in perfect position to defend the in-breaking route if he doesn't inexplicably bite on play-action despite not actually having a gap in the run game. Minkah Fitzpatrick WAS the loving deep safety on one of the plays.

It's going to be a long season if people are seriously entertaining Armando Salguero's analysis.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

I'm proud of you

he's very accurate!!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Lol

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1171491089410224129?s=21

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

torgeaux posted:

Didn't the Jets just refuse a small pay bump to a good kicker?

Like 90% of the Jets problems, they save a couple pennies to lose millions of dollars

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1171513345897197569

Manish is out to get Gase after the call on Monday. lol

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Nate Shepherd got suspended 6 games for PEDs. I'm shocked he even made the team.

He was pretty blunt about it:

Shepherd posted:

"All that was going on, I was coming off of a subpar season and a new coaching staff, new playbook, new everything," Shepherd said. "In my mindset, I didn't feel very confident with how everything had gone thus far. In my mind, I was so prepared to come into this offseason and have a successful offseason and train very hard. I felt that because of these limitations, I wasn't going to be able to do that. I made a rash decision, an unwise decision and a selfish decision to look to certain PEDs in order to help me with that recovery process so I would be ready to go."

Edit: Actually laughing at the Manish piece. What the gently caress is wrong with him?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Nate Shepherd got suspended 6 games for PEDs. I'm shocked he even made the team.
He only made the team because they knew they wouldn't have to cut him just yet.

mcmagic posted:

I thought it was pretty open knowledge that the Dolphins desperately wanted Baker prior to the draft. Why this is a column now is just Manish potshotting as usual.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Its good knowing that in the end somehow josh Allen will be the better qb because gase sabotages darnold

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/DrewfromJersey/status/1171517439261102080

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1171513345897197569

This wasn’t a secret at all. Gase was in love with Mayfield

What’s this article

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Ehud posted:

Tua is going to go to the Dolphins, Joe Burrow to the Pats, and only one of them is going to have a great career.

I regret to inform you it will not be Tua.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Democrazy posted:

Tua is going to go to the Dolphins, Joe Burrow to the Pats, and only one of them is going to have a great career.

I regret to inform you it will not be Tua.

listen, I'm talking myself into tua and that's all there is to it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So Manish's game is going to be to just publish Gase hit pieces until Gase becomes a reliable source, right? Good lord what a toxic human.

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

So Manish's game is going to be to just publish Gase hit pieces until Gase becomes a reliable source, right? Good lord what a toxic human.

It seems like a strange turn since he was such a sycophant immediately after the hiring.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It seems like a strange turn since he was such a sycophant immediately after the hiring.

Gase probably didn't go along with it and now Manish is mad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Again, Manish writes for a tabloid. Measured journalism doesn't generate clicks. It's either fawning optimism or vitriol.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1171519764423856130

So is this where an old and done player gets playing time over guys better than him because he's one of Gase's guys?

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

mcmagic posted:

So is this where an old and done player gets playing time over guys better than him because he's one of Gase's guys?

Yes. Yes it is.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Demariyus Thomas is fine and they could probably use some veteran influence over there. It's not like the current recipe is so loving amazing that it couldn't bear a little tweaking

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If he's their WR4 there's no downside really. They only have 5 receivers and the current WR4/5 are just special teamers.

It's a 2021 6th.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I did the bad thing and gave Manish clicks but lol at this line:

quote:

In fact, people in the know revealed that Gase had more of an affinity for Josh Allen than Darnold too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

mcmagic posted:

poo poo, I'd give him time over Enunwa. What a disappointment he's become.