Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Edit: :yotj:

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Posting here again:

Job Seeker

My experience: React-focused software engineer experienced in full-stack development with React.js, Redux, JavaScript, HTML, CSS and Ruby on Rails. Currently an intern at a small startup doing front-end development with React/Redux, and some back-end work with Node.js.

What I'm looking for: Full time position as a front-end developer with $60k+/year and benefits. Open to paid internships and junior positions.

Where I live: New York, NY

Where I'm looking: Greater NYC Area (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn), and surrounding areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. I am open to remote positions as well.

When can I start: ASAP

Requirements: Full-time, benefits

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 15, 2023

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Verisimilidude posted:

Posting here again:

Job Seeker

My experience: React-focused software engineer experienced in full-stack development with React.js, Redux, JavaScript, HTML, CSS and Ruby on Rails. Currently an intern at a small startup doing front-end development with React/Redux, and some back-end work with Node.js.

What I'm looking for: Full time position as a front-end developer with $60k+/year and benefits. Open to paid internships and junior positions.

Where I'm looking: Greater NYC Area (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn), and surrounding areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. I am open to remote positions as well.

Contact: PM, email me at jmartinez729 at gmail dot com, or feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jmartinez729/)

Pm sent.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Verisimilidude posted:

Posting here again:

Job Seeker

Contact: PM, email me at jmartinez729 at gmail dot com, or feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jmartinez729/)

added you on linkedin and just sent the referral link I said I would send last night :V

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Job Opening in Portland Oregon (well, Beaverton Oregon)

Edit: I have a modest relocation allowance ($2500) but I am still unable to do H1B sponsorship, and you'd be working for a goon, so you've got that going against you.

Salary $52,000 - $68,000 D.O.E. (exempt)

Position Type Full Time

Travel Percentage Up to 25%

Job Description
The IT Audio Visual Engineer position is responsible for conference room engineering and design for existing and new rooms and A/V systems and integrating new and existing Biamp products. This position relies on experience and judgment as well as pre-established procedure and instructions to identify, research and resolve A/V and technical problems. Documents, tracks and monitors projects to ensure a timely completion.

Essential Functions:
Interface with engineering resources to build, design and enhance Biamps A/V deployments
Ensure conference room AV systems in all Biamp locations are maintained operating well
Plan and manage projects for new conference rooms and other A/V systems used by Biamp employees, contractors and customers
Troubleshoot and resolve equipment and software problems
Perform regular testing, maintenance and upgrades of all internal AV systems
Perform user training and assist users in set up and operation of AV systems
Maintain, track, and update trouble tickets relating to AV systems

Secondary Functions:
Install and configure AV equipment, including DSP programming
Create and maintain user guides and as-built documentation
Track room usage and user feedback
Interface with infrastructure, database, and development personnel
Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor

Job Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
Minimum 1 - 3 years experience troubleshooting basic IT problems
Minimum 1 - 3 years experience with network deisgn and protocols as it relates to A/V
Experience with network design and protocols as it relates to A/V
Working knowledge of MS operating systems and applications
Successful completion of Biamps TesiraFORTE and VoIP online trainings (within first 90 days)
Successful completion of Biamps in-person Tesira training is preferred (within 90 days)
Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
Ability and desire to provide extraordinary customer-service to internal customers
Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
Knowledge deploying Microsoft Teams Rooms systems is a plus
Knowledge of the Audiocodes SBC family is a plus
Work Environment:

While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, move about, hear and speak.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits:

Biamp offers competitive pay plus fantastic benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k)plan including match.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled

DigitalMocking fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 26, 2019

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
2d Animator / designer here with a background in the TV animation industry - curious if it would be good to make a job seeker post here.

I have an interest in getting into app and/or game development and wonder if there are needs for creative roles in any of the job fair stuff here. (UI, character animation related things, technical artists, motion graphics, design, etc.)

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 18, 2019

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
e: Got hired! Thanks goons. :toot:

Bored Online fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Aug 2, 2019

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

You interested in relocating or staying in NoCal?

Lockback fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 24, 2019

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Lockback posted:

You interested in relocating or staying in NoCal?

Sorry, I will edit my post to make it more specific. I intend to stay in the San Jose area, because of my college commitments.

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Job Seeker

My experience: I've been in Systems Admin/Engineering roles for the past few years, with experience/focus in virtualization, automation and scripting. Experienced in Hyper-V and VMware, as well as on the networking side where I have experience with Cisco networking gear.

What I'm looking for: System engineering/administration role with a team, preferably not customer facing

Where I live: Los Angeles, CA

Where I'm looking: Los Angeles, from downtown to Santa Monica down to Orange County. Would consider relocation for the right offer.

When can I start: Immediately

Requirements: Full-time, health

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

Job seeker

The girlfriend has a really awesome opportunity with her company to relocate to The Netherlands so I’m looking for either a job over there or something I can do remotely. Looks like we’re going to move late September/early October.

My experience:
9 years in various forms of IT and a degree in Computer Science. Started in a student job at my Univesity doing a mix of desktop support and Linux administration for 4 years. Followed by 3 years as a software developer - primarily server side enterprise Linux software (Java/C++, SQL, some mobile dev). Currently Infrastructure Analyst for a large University, I do a little bit of everything here but mostly RedHat and Oracle administration for our ERP system. Have a lot of experience with various DevOps tools and configuration management in my past two roles- Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, etc. A lot of my time as a developer was spent migrating pretty old manual build processes to use modern devops tools and doing a lot of automation.

What I'm looking for: Linux administration, DevOps engineer, or similar. Not too picky, as long as it’s something Linux heavy I will likely enjoy it and do it well.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk, part time

Where I live: Virginia

Where I'm looking: Remote or Netherlands: ideally Utrecht, but figure it’s more likely I’ll find something in Amsterdam

When can I start: Planning to move late September/early October - can start much sooner if remote

Requirements: Full-time + benefits
Visa sponsorship would be nice, but not required, we think I get a residence and work permit through my girlfriend but it requires jumping through a few more hoops and paperwork

Jato fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 28, 2019

aWall
Jan 28, 2003

Football Jesus
filled

aWall fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 14, 2019

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Three Job Openings in Tallahassee, FL

I don't know exact salary range, but if I had to guess I'd say $75-90k (Senior Dev, maybe higher for mobile) or $60-80k (Senior BA) depending upon experience & qualifications, and they're willing to discuss on first phone call. Annual profit sharing between 0-10% of salary, annual raises of 5-10%.

Position Type Full Time

Very rare travel

Senior Developer

quote:

Job Description
  • Designing and implementing component-based applications using the .Net Framework within established project schedules.
  • Defining system requirements, flows and interfaces based on customer needs.
  • Adhering to software requirements specifications and project timelines.
  • Adhering to established methodologies while continuously analyzing processes for improved performance and adaptability.
  • Manage Developers assigned to you by:
  • Mentoring and overseeing programming code
  • Assigning/allocating programming tasks
  • Approving timesheets
  • Performing Code Reviews
  • Assist with personnel interviews
Job Qualifications
  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, IS, or related field.
  • 5+ years design and development experience with .NET, C#, ASP.NET, JavaScript Frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React) and SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
  • Experience with Object Oriented Design.
  • Experience with SQL syntax and relational databases.
  • Experience working with design patterns- MVC a strong plus.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • 5+ years working in a team environment.
  • Experience overseeing other developers.

Senior Mobile Dev

quote:

Job Description
  • Designing and implementing mobile applications using Android Studio and/or XCode IDE within established project schedules.
  • Adhering to software requirements specifications and project timelines.
  • Adhering to established methodologies while continuously analyzing processes for improved performance and adaptability.
  • Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with the project teams.
  • Manage Developers assigned to you by:
  • Mentoring and overseeing programming code
  • Assigning/allocating programming tasks
  • Approving timesheets
  • Performing Code Reviews
  • Assist with personnel interviews
Job Qualifications
  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, IS, or related field or relevant experience/course work.
  • 4+ years Design and/or development experience with Native Mobile or other Mobile software applications, and MySQL or SQL Server in an n-tier architecture.
  • Experience with Web API’s
  • Experience with Object Oriented Design.
  • Experience with SQL syntax and relational databases.
  • Experience working with design patterns- MVC a strong plus.
  • Knowledge of the system development life cycle.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Ability to work in a team environment.
  • Native IOS and Android development languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Swift UI
  • MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server (or other relational database management system).
  • Experience with Android Studio or XCode IDE environments
  • Experience deploying apps to the App Store and Play Store respectively

Senior BA

quote:

Job Description
  • Perform systems analysis, design, testing and implementation-assistance for development, enhancement, and production support
  • Develop an understanding of the business model; define, document, and apply to the application design.
  • Work with business areas to define requirements. Translates to functional and technical design. Prepares system specifications.
  • Develop system and user acceptance test plans, scenarios, and scripts. Coordinates and conducts testing and verification, to encompass functional, operational, and performance criteria.
  • Assist in defining project objectives, scope, and effort.
  • Responsible for ensuring that the business model, functional and data design, and technical architecture are consistently implemented.
  • Expected to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the application functions, facilities, and technical architecture in order to develop and extend the enterprise system.
Job Qualifications
  • 4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience.
  • A minimum of 4 years’ experience in integrated operational business applications that implement mission-critical functionality, have high performance, availability, and data integrity requirements, and are highly user-interactive.
  • Demonstrated experience with defining requirements, translating to systematic functions, user interface design.
  • Direct experience with all phases of the system development life cycle, including analysis, design, development, test, implementation, and production support.

Work Environment:
We are a small, custom software shop with a mix of government and private clients. We have a typical mix of senior and junior staff, and the seniors are all about latest & greatest, so we've moved from webforms to MVC to MVC Core. I'm not a dev so I can't talk specifics, but I know we're also keeping up with good Git feature branching / merging practices, web services best practices, not still using 1995 sql, etc.

It's a pretty chill atmosphere. Alcohol allowed after 4:00 as long as you're not meeting a client. Folks doing group activities outside of work, notably Brazilian Jujitsu and going to concerts.

Good benefits - 100% of employee health, dental, vision, life insurance premiums, though no 401k.

PM me for information. Nonlocal candidates only if you strictly match job descriptions, we can give interviews to local candidates that are close.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I've got a position to backfill for my current job. We don't have an official posting yet, but I got the go-ahead to circulate word.

Anyone got experience as an Azure IaaS/PaaS sysadmin/engineer, preferably with some kind of Cisco networking experience or knowledge? We're located catty corner to WTC in New York City, pay's in the $100k-$110k range (they also give stock options), occasional WFH is an option once you're trained up, we have snacks and weekly free breakfast, kegs, and a very close team full of good people.

I'll have some more details once the job spec gets finalized.

MJP fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 5, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

MJP posted:

I've got a position to backfill for my current job. We don't have an official posting yet, but I got the go-ahead to circulate word.

Anyone got experience as an Azure IaaS/PaaS sysadmin/engineer, preferably with some kind of Cisco networking experience or knowledge? We're located catty corner to WTC, pay's in the $100k-$110k range (they also give stock options), occasional WFH is an option once you're trained up, we have snacks and weekly free breakfast, kegs, and a very close team full of good people.

I'll have some more details once the job spec gets finalized.

You should probably mention what city you're in.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

They said they’re by the WTC (world trade center?) so I figured New York, but yeah doesn’t hurt to explicitly call it out.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Docjowles posted:

They said they’re by the WTC (world trade center?) so I figured New York, but yeah doesn’t hurt to explicitly call it out.

I figured, too. I'm intentionally giving them poo poo because New Yorkers like to think there's only one city in the world, and they live in it. :v:

Hot Damn!
Oct 28, 2004

Vegastar posted:

Eh, why not. Job seeker.

My experience: Been a computer toucher/government tier-2 helpdesk for 5 or 6 years. Recently finished the CCNA R&S, have a Public Trust security clearance.
What I'm looking for: Junior network admin, NOC, desktop support, something to spread the wings a bit.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Grand Rapids, MI
Where I'm looking: Probably within 20-30 miles of GR if at all possible. Relocation isn't an option at the moment.
When I can start: Need to give notice, but a week or two after an offer depending on how it goes.
Requirements: Full time, health insurance
Can be reached via: PM, email by request since it's my actual name and feels weird to just openly post.

I don't have plat unfortunately. Send me an email at konge.doggles@gmail.com

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Hot drat! posted:

I don't have plat unfortunately. Send me an email at konge.doggles@gmail.com

Done and done.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

I figured, too. I'm intentionally giving them poo poo because New Yorkers like to think there's only one city in the world, and they live in it. :v:

To be fair, I'm from Jersey, but no other WTC really matters so yeah

Either way, fixed for all the very particular schmendricks out there

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

MJP posted:

To be fair, I'm from Jersey

I've spent a lot of time in the area so believe me when I say the following: there's no appreciable distinction between North Jersey and New York.

More importantly, 100k for a cloud engineer in lower Manhattan feels... low.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

KillHour posted:

I've spent a lot of time in the area so believe me when I say the following: there's no appreciable distinction between North Jersey and New York.

Yep, find that pretty odd seeing NYC postings that pay around 100-120 for cloud infrastructure/architects and some of those are even looking for senior people, meanwhile in Austin going rate is around 160-175

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

air- posted:

Yep, find that pretty odd seeing NYC postings that pay around 100-120 for cloud infrastructure/architects and some of those are even looking for senior people, meanwhile in Austin going rate is around 160-175

A CS new grad with non-zero systems skills and cloud knowledge (a rare being, to be fair) would not struggle to get 150k for their first big kid job out of college in manhattan. 100-110 for an experienced candidate is low unless they are okay with zero coding skills, maybe?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Comradephate posted:

A CS new grad with non-zero systems skills and cloud knowledge (a rare being, to be fair) would not struggle to get 150k for their first big kid job out of college in manhattan. 100-110 for an experienced candidate is low unless they are okay with zero coding skills, maybe?

I'm just going off some posts I've seen on r/devopsjobs or r/sysadminjobs - there's a few positions coming from this same set of recruiters and they are obviously the same positions posted repeatedly over the last few months.

And yep, the pattern is clear that they are paying too low.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Also reminder that salary != total comp. Depending on the company you may get a significant amount of your comp in stock (RSU’s), bonus, 401k match, baller health plans etc.

Do note the difference between options in a private company and RSUs though. Options are a worthless lottery ticket. RSUs will at least have some value unless your company goes under. For the big tech companies whose stock only goes up, it can be half of your comp or more after a while.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 6, 2019

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

My idea of a baller health plan is "I don't die in a ditch of preventable illness." I know that's a stretch for the US, but your health plan isn't going to make up the $50k difference between what that company pays and the market price for the position. Stock options are nice, but probably the same deal there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My health plan comment was mostly for family plans. “Good” jobs will often cover the employee but make you pay out the rear end to cover spouse and especially children. A baller health plan would have a low premium even for families. And I’m only taking US obviously because comparing health plans across counties is a whole other can of worms.

Anyways we are getting off topic of job posting and should move this to the general IT thread if anyone still wants to talk about it.

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Still looking currently / Job Seeker

Experience: 2 years of a hybrid role as general web developer and UI / UX designer. Worked with PHP and Node.js server-side, built a lot of Angular components, wrote a lot of stylesheets (both CSS and Sass/Less). Experience integrating with SQL and non-SQL DBs and both supporting and consuming REST JSON APIs. We used VMs for development so I have at least a working knowledge of Vagrant-type virtualization. BFA in graphic design.

What I'm looking for: UI/UX design and/or front-end development, but full stack or backend roles are okay too (I just won't be quite as effective right away). I have a UI portfolio (a little thin due to confidentiality agreements, but a good representation) and code samples available on request. My principal design software expertise is in Adobe CC, with XD used for prototyping. I'm confident I could pick up Sketch or a similar tool within a very small amount of time.

Where I live: Las Vegas, NV

Where I'm looking: Remote or anywhere really, I don't have significant local commitments so I can relocate freely, anywhere in the US. Overseas is fine too (with sponsorship) since that seems like it could be an interesting experience.

When can I start: As soon as I can get myself relocated to where you are, or basically right away if remote.

Requirements: Full-time + benefits, or a long term (12+ months) contract at a stretch.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

Yeah, I won't lie, from what I know of the pay scale, we don't do much in terms of salary. When I signed on they included RSUs, but we got acquired last year so I don't know what they're going to do with them for new hires. We have bonus opportunities based on uptime, paid out quarterly, but what gets me incensed is that the big Cloudflare outage affected those numbers, and they don't include stuff so hugely beyond our control like that outside of going through multiple CDNs.

Like all positions, if you've got more skills/experience to bring to the table, I get the feeling that there's flexibility for the right candidate.

I did get brought on as hourly, so there's OT involved, and they give a $55/mo free credit towards stuff like gym memberships. Also raises, which aren't much but doesn't hurt to help offset cost of living. Beats the alternative - any raise I've had other than once at my last job over the last 10ish years was via jumping jobs.

I'm also DINK and needed out of my previous job, which was a lateral salary move for me at the time from being a senior sysadmin with no cloud experience. I'm okay with my compensation for what I do - I wouldn't mind more, but I don't see myself jumping ship just for the money yet.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Edit: don't do it, don't work at my job. If you want info, PM me. I can no longer recommend working in my department. Your co-workers are great, the office is great, the pay decent, lots of learning opportunities, and your manager will be great, but your director will be a caricature of an 80s movie villain.

MJP fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 18, 2019

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Job seeker

My experience:
10 years in various forms of IT and an Associate degree in Computer Information Systems. CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications. I've worked as the IT support for a few larger companies and have a foundation in retail so my customer service skills are pretty exemplary. Went the Culinary Institute of America so your break room is gonna have some amazing baked goods if I work with you.

What I'm looking for: Onsite IT support or Help Desk. I'm kinda desperate for a job so I'm willing to take a pretty low salary.

What I'm NOT looking for: Part time

Where I live: Brooklyn

Where I'm looking: NYC and the greater NY area (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Jersey)

Requirements: Full-time

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Were looking to backfill my position since I'm leaving for a WFH role, I'm seeing if anyone is interested here.

The position is an architect/engineering role specific to Wi-Fi and Mobile Wireless.

The plant is all Cisco unified wireless local and flexconnect with the potential to be migrated to Aruba soon (you would be responsible for driving that decision). Requires a lot of knowledge about RF and controller operations but you wont be doing site surveys. Our team certifies all features/software/hardware so you need to know how RF really works. Basically working in a RF lab, making presentations, meeting with vendors, and dictating to the company how to manage the wireless network.

Theres also some work going in the 5G realm that's real cutting edge but theres not as much requirement to know anything about it and just learn it on the job.

It's a full-time onsite role in NYC for a large bank and is a contracting role not tied to a opex project (eg: no end date for the contract)

Its $120/hr so before holidays it comes out to about 250k/yr

You can message me privately if you're interested

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
A friend is looking for a Sr Admin for an MSP in Jax, FL. It's basically being an admin for a bunch of small businesses running Windows desktops, servers, and a variety of network hardware. Managing and restoring backups, handling anti-virus, etc. PM me for more info.

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Job seeker.

My experience: I have been a tier-2 helpdesk at a hospital for 16 years, NOC engineer at a MSP for one year. I have my MSCE for Windows server and expirence is both on site and phone support. The EMR I have the most experience in is Meditech, 6.0 and MAGIC.
What I'm looking for: Junior network admin, NOC, desktop support, preferably onsite.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Conway, AR
Where I'm looking: The area around Little Rock / Conway AR preferably. Relocation is an option if needed.
When I can start: Anytime.
Requirements: Full time, health insurance
Can be reached via: PM, or username @ gmail

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Job openings

Who we are: a fast-growing enterprise software company. Our clients include lots of big names you would know. Sorry I can't be more specific here but I'll be glad to answer questions.

Where we are: Atlanta, GA. No remote positions.

Who we are looking for: Java devs (Spring and related stack), FE devs (Angular), sales, SEs, implementation consultants, product managers, Salesforce experts. For devs we are hiring at both mid-level and new grads.

Why you should work here?
Fast-paced, exciting work. Flexible work hours. Great benefits including health, vision, dental, life, and retirement.

Contact me by PM and I will be glad to answer questions.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Job Seeker:

My experience: 3 years in Geek Squad, currently a Manager with 15 under me, working on Google I.T. Professional Cert, and plan on getting A+ this year, I'm great with customer service and account managing. I ran my private business/partnership for a decade as well. Lots of experience in Geek Squad fixing personal computers.
What I'm looking for: A fun career in tech that I can learn from and eventually move into leadership positions, or anything I can contribute to really, I love working in a team. Entry/Mid level I.T., Account Managing, I want experience in anything and everything to really learn what I want to focus on.
What I'm NOT looking for: Honestly I'm very open and adaptable.
Where I live: Inglewood, CA (Los Angeles)
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in L.A. as long as the commute is appropriate to pay.
When I can start: Just have to give my proper 2 week notice.
Requirements: Full time, Health Benefits

Contact me on my gmail (same username) and here's my linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawn-martin-35693b152/

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 12, 2019

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I got hired so I'll probably post this again in 9-10 months

BUG JUG fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 11, 2019

Hot Damn!
Oct 28, 2004
We are looking to fill one more Desktop Support position in Athens, MI. I believe the other position is being offered to a goon (or a friend of a goon), so maybe we can luck out again.

-Pay is $19-20/hr, with employer paid healthcare
-Laid back environment
-Education reimbursement if you are in school
-Generous training budget within the department. IT staff are encouraged to attend 2 trainings or conferences per year
-Professional growth is encouraged

Please email me at konge.doggles@gmail.com if you are interested. I'd post the official posting, but it is outdated and in my opinion does more harm than good.

Hot Damn! fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 7, 2019

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Reposting as our pipeline is expanding and we're hiring again:

Rex-Goliath posted:

Job Posting

Preferably in the US but we're also hiring globally. Large emphasis on DC if you have a clearance. Work is entirely remote or traveling to client sites so as long as you're near an airport you're good.

International cities we're hiring in:
  • Paris, France
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • Ultrecht Netherlands
  • London, UK

Who We Are:
Up and coming enterprise NoSQL database company that's signing large contracts with top banks, governments, healthcare providers, etc. We're still under 500 employees so that means we're generally punching above our weight class when it comes to the contracts we're landing. Fortunately everyone here across all levels of all departments is incredibly smart and hard working so things have been going well. We had our final fundraising round back in 2014 and have been cash positive for quite a while now. We're still pre-IPO / buyout though so get in while the getting's good.

What We Need:
We're looking for senior consultants who will be leading customer engagements through all phases of a project life cycle. You must have prior consulting experience. Unfortunately we can't be flexible on that requirement. You'll also need a strong programming background and experience with database design. NoSQL experience isn't necessary but is a plus- will help you with the ramp up training.

We have an expanding pipeline and are looking to fill a few positions. We're very conservative with hiring though so once these positions are filled it will probably be a while until we open up again. If you're interested do not procrastinate reaching out to me.

Why Work Here?
  • Very competitive pay. Quarterly bonuses, spot bonuses, MBO bonuses, stock options, etc
  • Work is very interesting and sometimes groundbreaking. All of our customers are big and solving big problems. Some of these problems are things that can now only be solved due to our tech being available.
  • Company has a bright future. We're one of those moron companies that actually makes a useful product and charges money for it. Crazy.
  • Very good work culture here. No 'tech bro' bullshit that you see in some other startups. Everyone here is an adult.
  • Management is incredibly competent and engaged at all levels. Lots of recognition both verbal and in hard cash.
  • Tech we're building and deploying is borderline revolutionary. Will let you decide on that though. Get the chance to get in on the ground floor of something that could be very big.

Why NOT Work Here?
  • TRAVEL. 75% travel. Realistically will be closer to 50% but you have to be willing to do 75%. On rare occasions it can be 100%. This is the big one that filters out most of our promising candidates. Lots. of. travel. If you're a consultant already you know the drill so this shouldn't be a surprise to you.
  • Niche technology. I'm of the opinion that our tech is going to continue to flourish and this is a very good niche to settle into, but not everyone will be comfortable with that gamble. I regularly have recruiters hitting me up on linkedIn asking specifically about my experience with this technology. So it's a niche that's in demand.
  • The other cons are more just generic consulting gripes. If you're in the industry already you know what to expect. As long as you're ok with the consulting lifestyle there genuinely aren't any other major cons with this job. Management is solid, pay is very good, lots of emphasis on career development and technical training, etc.
  • 401k match is a bit ehh

Interested?
PM me or post an email so I can reach out to you. We can have a call so I can give you more details / give a brief screening just to be sure I'm not about to throw you into something way over your head.

edit: I've been getting some PM's from people interested in other positions. When I first wrote this post we were only hiring for consulting but we're now looking for engineers, sales, and support engineers as well! The catch is that engineers and support engineers will need to be located in or near San Carlos. Sales we're hiring globally just like consultants.

PIZZA.BAT fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

I just applied for an IT engineer position with Amazon up here in Canada - didn't we have someone deep in Amazon tech? Would it help to get a reference? I submitted my app through amazon.jobs already