Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Thread dying out, lemme post a big milestone:

That's officially past 50 pounds lost :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
gently caress yeah! Nice work!

I'm still fighting the gym crowds. I'm there now and it's stupid crowded, like they just let everyone in. Ugh.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yeah what the hell man it's been busy as poo poo recently.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Seriously. What's up with that poo poo.

Also, why is the gym still crowded as gently caress?

Oh, also. Are you healed up yet? I want to go for 10x225 (well, more than I have been) but I want to give you a fair shot at it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

QuarkMartial posted:

Seriously. What's up with that poo poo.

Also, why is the gym still crowded as gently caress?

Oh, also. Are you healed up yet? I want to go for 10x225 (well, more than I have been) but I want to give you a fair shot at it.

Haha thanks boo. Yes I'm totally healed up, though I'm probably a little farther away than I was when I did a sloppy 2x6. I'd like to get a 2-3-4 in and I think I'm about as close to a 3x5 squat and a 4x5 dl as I am the 2x10 bench. It'll be a fun exercise!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Trip report: finally got a DXA scan after gaining holiday weight, and just finished a 5 week "metabolic" workout phase with short rest periods and high reps. Despite getting DOMS the next day on back and chest workouts, I don't think that style really works for me. From early November through two weeks ago I gained 7.9lbs of fat, and only 1.2lbs of muscle. I lost 4.2lbs of muscle in my trunk (back/chest), gained 3.4lbs of muscle in my legs and 1.8lbs of muscle in my arms (there are other places they measure muscle/fat which is why the numbers listed here don't add up to my totals). I'm not sure if that style works for my legs or just that I was more consistently doing leg day.

Now I'm what the RP templates call a resensitization phase, two weeks of not that many sets but trying to do your 10RM the first week and 10RM+ the second week, plus a third recovery week. Relating to the forum goals of a 10x225 bench, my workout today was:

Flat bench: 10x195, 8x195, 7x195
Incline bench: 10x135, 8x135, 7x135
Cable upright row: 10x95, 9x95, 9x95 - I don't really like doing my 10RM on these, feels like I could tweak something in my shoulders
Machine row: 10x215, 10x215, 9x215
DB shrugs: 10x90, 10x90 with a 1 second contraction at the top. I feel like my grip may be giving out before my traps, may need to get some straps.

Next week I'm going to a 4 day rave in the middle of nowhere in England, so my 10x225 hopes are probably going to suffer until I'm back later in March.

*edit* I tweaked my IT band hiking so I guess leg day is out of the question for a while. Did one session after I tweaked it and it definitely made it worse.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fender Anarchist posted:

Thread dying out, lemme post a big milestone:

That's officially past 50 pounds lost :toot:

You're catching up to me, I've been stuck around 285.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It's wild what suddenly feeling attached to your own body will do for motivation :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

Flat bench: 10x195, 8x195, 7x195

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

MomJeans420 posted:

*edit* I tweaked my IT band hiking so I guess leg day is out of the question for a while. Did one session after I tweaked it and it definitely made it worse.

Whenever I hurt myself hiking it's always my IT band and it's always from walking funny downhill for prolonged periods.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Its uhh worse than I expected. I went yesterday and could only do 185x9 185x6 165x6 165x3...

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It comes back quick though. Between losing muscle and gaining weight, my pullups are down to 7 (strict) for the my first set, but somehow I only managed 9 with 70lbs of assistance on the assisted pullup machine. I was doing them so I got my body pulled up as high as I could, but still seems off.

Decline BB bench : 10x215, 8x215, 8x215
Pushdown : 10x97.5, 9x100.5, 9x100.5
Hammer curl : 12x40, 10x40, 9x40
Assisted pullup : 9x70, 8x70, 7x70
Shrugs : 10x85, 10x85, 10x85

I've only been doing shrugs once a week for the past year or two, now I'm moving to a 3 times a week intensive shrug program. Although I swear my left and right trap have different shapes, like different insertion points? I don't know if that's even a thing for those muscles, but I'll figure out how to make them even once they're huge.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Goals - 5*120kg rear end to the grass squats, 5*140kg Deadlift by the time I gently caress off back to Canada to get married in August.

Pushed iron for hte first in a year and fuuuuuuck I'm a long way off from that. loving embarrassing.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Just think of those beautiful percentage gains

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Just did seated bent over rear delt raises on a flat bench and sat too far back. RIP balls

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Maybe if you stopped tucking them...

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Went to a ridiculous 4 day rave for a bachelor party in northwest England at what was generously described as a "rave jail" and more accurately described as a "chuck e. cheese concentration camp" (BangFace Weekender), minimal sleep, minimal food, came home and got 8 hours of sleep before waking up nice and sick but had to go to work for the rest of the week. Was sick the entire week, skipped all workouts, now I've finally back working out and getting my protein. My 10x225 bench is farther away than it's been in months, but I think part of that was doing RP's "metabolic" cycle rather than just sticking with my usual hypertrophy focused workouts.

I've modified my workout program to do traps 3x a week instead of once, so I'm now on a 44 week trap intensive program.

My warmup week last week:
Day 1:
BB bench : 12x45, 8x135, 12x165, 10x165
Inc BB bench : 10x115, 9x115

Day 3:
JM press : 10x45, 12x75, 12x75, 12x75
Pushdown : 13x80+, 13x80+, 11x80+
Dec BB bench : 11x185 wide grip, 10x185 wide grip, 8x185 wide grip

This week:
Day 1:
BB bench : 12x45, 8x135, 13x170, 11x170, 9x170
Inc BB bench : 11x115, 10x115, 8x115

Day 3:
JM press: 10x45, 12x75, 12x75, 10x75, 9x75
Pushdown : 13x85.5, 13x85.5, 13x85.5, 10x85.5
Dec BB bench : 11x190 wg, 11x190 wg, 9x190 wg

Left off all the other work I do on those days and other days, but it's not coming back as quick as I thought. I just stopped drinking beer during the week this week, I'm moving those calories to extra carbs for the day, so we'll see if that helps in the coming weeks.

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 5, 2019

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Godspeed.

I hit 385 for two singles in my squats on Tuesday. Legs felt alright yesterday, but today DOMS has made me into an old man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nothing more fun than trying to use the toilet the day after leg day.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

Nothing more fun than trying to use the toilet the day after leg day.

Slow, painful squat until your legs give out and you fall the last few inches. Every. Time.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Been stagnant between 285-290lb for a month+. Yardwork on redoing the back yard three times a week has gotten me moving again, down to 283.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Busy work and busy school have led to me not working out in what feels like forever. I hopefully graduate May 10, and we get out of outage May 17. I have a feeling I'll finally be back at it around then.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Oh but the Missus and I got tickets to Camp Bisco in July so like we need to look pretty for that.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Adiabatic posted:

Busy work and busy school have led to me not working out in what feels like forever. I hopefully graduate May 10, and we get out of outage May 17. I have a feeling I'll finally be back at it around then.

Same. Once this dissertation is done, I'll be back at it with the white Vans.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Got my dissertation finished. I'm a doctor (of education) now.

Also just squatted 1x405. What.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Do it again, that's what. :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

WHAT YEAR IS IT

Back to working out now I guess

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My shoulder is finally healed and I've been back to working out again. Bounced back a lot quicker than i thought after not being able to lift anything for over a year. I couldn't even reach the pull up bar a few months ago and now I'm doing 3x15 pull ups regularly. Never experienced an injury like that before and in the middle of it I wondered if i'd ever get back to where I was before the injury and now I'm back to almost 100%

Feels Good Man

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm rapidly closing on 40lbs down for the year and let me tell you it makes lifting a lot more fun.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I must be the only one in this thread trying to gain weight :v:

Back up to 160 after being under 150 :)

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I mean, I've been trying to lose weight, but now I think I'm just trying to maintain and do a body recomp. I feel a lot better eating a lot more protein and calories, and I'm stronger, too. Going to ignore the scale and just weigh in once a month and see what happens.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Under 280 today, which puts me at my lowest weight in probably at least four years. :toot:

I also signed up for a gym. Haven't loving gone back yet but hey. Progress!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I had to stop squatting, it was turning into a 2 week on three week off cycle of my bad knee dying. Talked to an OT friend of mine, and I'm on bodyweight lower body work for a few months.

How're y'all doing?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been regressing again now because of my accident, haven't worked out in over two weeks and i'm already feeling like I'm losing strength :(

I tried a few times, but my physical therapist who is also a personal trainer warned me not to push it, gonna have to slowly get back into it again. Broken ribs are huge limiting factor when you're trying to work out, also my back and neck are all hosed up so no bueno

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Been biking a shitload (for me at least) and am down around 187. Not a huge loss but not really trying hard either (looking at you, oreo/pb blizzard from yesterday...). That puts me at right around a BMI of 25 so that's nice.

I wish I could convince myself to actually eat not shittily but ice cream, man. v:v:v

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Doing well up until a month ago... haven't been since, through 2 vacations and a buuuunch of work-related insanity. Time to get back on the wagon boys!

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Felt like my fitness was a little off early in bike racing season but I did have some pretty good results. Won the cat 3 road state championships (but got dropped from the break at the end, I was just the only cat 3 in it), had some top 5 finishes in the weekly mtb series, but then wasn't so great at mtb state champs- 9th. June was basically all mtb racing and hard efforts for a fun strava thing we were doing, and that seemed to work out for the 50 mi mtb race I did a few weeks ago because I won it overall. So that was cool.

Now I don't have a lot going on and just need to maintain a bit of fitness and not gain weight (actually would like to lose 3-5 lbs) before cyclocross starts. Plan to put some more work into my cross skills and try to figure out some specific training and workouts this year to try to do a little better. Probably means I'll have to do some running and hiking, which I haven't done since like march.

jamal fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 25, 2019

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Ugh I finally lifted iron for the time in far too long.

It was embarrassing. Time ot get back on the gym train again now I dont have a long distance bike race in front of me

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Still haven't hit my goal of 10x225 bench, was close at the end of last year, then had a bunch of things slow me down this year. Compared to last December, my bench is down a fair amount but slowly raising, but my back is way stronger so at least there's that. I'm not sure what my 10rm for flat barbell bench right now as I'm currently doing incline bench, then db flyes, then flat BB bench. I have 3 more weeks in this workout cycle, then I have to decide between a 4 week strength oriented cycle that may let me bench heavy again, or a lighter weight/higher rep/short rest period cycle to let my tendons heal.

Did this today, but ran out of time and had to cut my rows short, and I skipped all my sets of cable upright rows. Grip straps have really been helping the heavier weights on rows/shrugs. I'm also ~10lbs up from a year ago, when I really should have dropped 20lbs in that time. Hoping to get some more cardio in now that cooler weather should be here in not too long.

Incline BB press : 12x150, 11x150, 9x150, 8x150
DB fly (slow) : 14x45, 12x45, 12x45
BB bench : 10x180 wide grip, 9x180, 9x180, 7x180
Machine row : 12x215, 12x215

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Bench is a bit stronger compared to a month ago, on Tuesday I did:
Incline BB press: 9x165, 7x165, 6x165
BB bench press (wide grip): 9x195, 7x195, 6x195
plus shoulder and back work

Today I did:
Pushdowns: 10x95+3 extra rubber weights, 9x95+3, 8x95+3 (no idea how much each thing adds, guessing 2.5 or 5lbs?)
BB bench press (close grip): 10x195, 8x195, 6x195
plus bicep and back work

I have no idea what that translates to if I were to start a workout with flat bench pressing. Pretty sure 10x205 wouldn't be an issue, 215 is probably questionable. After a recovery week next week I have to figure out if I want to follow my RP templates and drop the weight a lot but grow bigger faster, or modify them a bit to keep on benching heavier for a while for really just ego purposes. I think 10x225 flat bench is doable by the end of the year if I went for it.

I also need to work on conditioning / cardio more, I've gotten :btroll: this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Posting this everywhere: I hit 1x455 on my deadlift. New PR for me.