Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

free hubcaps posted:

the movement changes are good, everything feels a little snappier. The looting animation is shorter too which is nice.

Does this apply to SP too? I know nothing else does, but one can hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Something about the ability to name your outfits is very nice. Being able to create a lot more is great too.
Anyone else randomly going from defensive to offensive mode for no reason? Twice I've been doing nothing antagonistic in town, I suddenly lose my defensive status, and the game says I can't go back because of recent offensive conduct or whatever.
I don't actually have 15g, so it sucks having to wait for the promo benefits to drop or grinding gold to unlock one of the professions.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

can I fix my face yet

e: in game, not irl

E: YOU CAN! It’s under online options

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 10, 2019

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Good news about the free licenses:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/1171472606018408449

edit: In the comments it looks like people are saying they paid 15 bars already and Rockstar says they can restore them if you open a support ticket. The 72 hour wait is for missing the deadline to link your twitch and social club accounts for the bounty hunter license which was Sept. 8th.

Chuds McGreedy fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 10, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Well gently caress I guess I won't get the bounty hunter for free since I linked twitch prime yesterday. :(

edit: ooh I will just not for three more days.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Oh, I had a weird thing happen last time I played: a hat appeared in my wardrobe that I never bought. Not part of an outfit, and it’s not in the catalogue (I’d be level-locked anyway). I have it in another color, but that IS from an outfit. I’m not complaining since it looks cool, but I have no clue how it got there

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Here’s something else weird - I shot a couple cows for today’s challenge, and it kicked me out of Defensive saying I was being too aggressive. I am hoping that is a bug and not something they changed because...why?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
In case you're stuck at work and want to read about all the new stuff:

Here is an extremely detailed list of today's patch notes

I forgot today added lootable lockboxes on vehicles and hidden around the world like in SP. Be sure to inspect all wagons. Also lmao they added a hammer weapon for one of the roles, I'm gonna go on a bonking spree first chance I get.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Chuds McGreedy posted:

In case you're stuck at work and want to read about all the new stuff:

Here is an extremely detailed list of today's patch notes

I forgot today added lootable lockboxes on vehicles and hidden around the world like in SP. Be sure to inspect all wagons. Also lmao they added a hammer weapon for one of the roles, I'm gonna go on a bonking spree first chance I get.

They have the gang events from SP when you stumbled upon a bunch of them hanging out around the camp fire - tons of stuff to loot and the enemies (not NPCs) have gold teeth to take too.

Apparently if you start one of the new roles it resets your daily challenges I have like an 8 day streak, half a gold bar for every completion. There is no way I am starting up on of these until I break my streak or they fix it.

https://imgur.com/a/kZNWmiV

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 10, 2019

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So if roles can break streaks, how do I instead activate the outlaw pass?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I played one Bounty Hunter mission. It was to bring in a guy dead or alive. I found him driving a wagon full of moonshine down the road and lit him, and his wagon, up with explosive rounds. Then I threw his burnt corpse on my horse and took him to town to claim my reward.

10/10 A+ Update imo

Oh, and I think I got an achievement for killing two animals at once when the wagon blew.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Another Bill posted:

I played one Bounty Hunter mission. It was to bring in a guy dead or alive. I found him driving a wagon full of moonshine down the road and lit him, and his wagon, up with explosive rounds. Then I threw his burnt corpse on my horse and took him to town to claim my reward.

10/10 A+ Update imo

Oh, and I think I got an achievement for killing two animals at once when the wagon blew.

This is exactly what I was hoping for with the Bounty Hunter missions.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So what sort of fellar/m'lady should I roll with my free appearance change?

edit: guys you're never going to believe this the rockstar servers are making GBS threads the bed.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 10, 2019

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Garbage Gary Turnbull. Leader of the Garbage Gang, wanted in 3 states for robbery, philanderin', and public indecency.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

So what sort of fellar/m'lady should I roll with my free appearance change?

edit: guys you're never going to believe this the rockstar servers are making GBS threads the bed.

You can’t switch genders midstream, so I myself am a fancy lady who bounty hunts the most dangerous game for sport

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
For anyone who is brain deficient like me, you need an active camp to read the letter Cripps sends you to start the trader pursuit.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Here’s something else weird - I shot a couple cows for today’s challenge, and it kicked me out of Defensive saying I was being too aggressive. I am hoping that is a bug and not something they changed because...why?

I think that only happens with domesticated animals, so, working as intended probably

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm surprised how reasonable the outlaw pass sounds. 35 gold, and you kinda get your gold back in the end? That's not bad at all.

The catch is that you have to reach club rank 70 or whatever to make back all your gold, and it had to be done by the time the club end in 2 months

titties
May 10, 2012

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

They have the gang events from SP when you stumbled upon a bunch of them hanging out around the camp fire - tons of stuff to loot and the enemies (not NPCs) have gold teeth to take too.

Apparently if you start one of the new roles it resets your daily challenges I have like an 8 day streak, half a gold bar for every completion. There is no way I am starting up on of these until I break my streak or they fix it.

https://imgur.com/a/kZNWmiV

They doubled the amount of daily challenges and halved the payout. My weekly streak remains intact though.

E: I'm showing 14 challenges for fifty nuggets each, i assumed that was intentional

titties fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 10, 2019

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

titties posted:

The catch is that you have to reach club rank 70 or whatever to make back all your gold, and it had to be done by the time the club end in 2 months

At the rate I'm going with it, I don't think that'll be too hard to do.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hugh Malone posted:

I think that only happens with domesticated animals, so, working as intended probably

It never knocked you out of defensive mode - you might get a wanted level, but it definitely did not do that previously.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I got knocked out of defensive while in my wardrobe, soooo

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I feel like I used to randomly get a red "antagonized" hit when I was in a shop or wardrobe sometimes. Maybe that's killing defensive mode now, too.

I have a couple wild theories about it:

1) Some shop owners get sort of squirrelly when you are in the wardrobe in the back of their shop. They don't like it. So maybe if it goes on a long time it counts as antagonizing.

2) Maybe some NPC got blocked by your horse and got real mad about it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

So heads up re: role outfits—you can’t mix and match parts besides hats and gloves. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The pushback to the movement changes is getting traction on reddit :mario:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I used to get called out for murders when I was completely alone and called for my horse. Something about my horse coming for me meant people died that I never met.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The pushback to the movement changes is getting traction on reddit :mario:

I was a little worried that the control changes would take away some of the weight and momentum of movement which I really like in this game, but really the changes seem relatively subtle and overall very good.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah, they’re barely noticeable.

Also, walking styles actually get remembered now

titties
May 10, 2012

Aaaaaaannnnd there goes my daily streak

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Welp it's crashing like crazy/disconnecting from the servers. See yall in a few days I guess.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Yeah, I had a solid two hour sesh before it crashed. I’m happy with that for day 1. I really like these roles. Trader is a nice passive money generator while I go collector and bounty hunt.

I think I’m biting off too much too soon focusing on the arrow heads before I can eagle eye digging mounds. Whole lotta running around the yellow area until my controller vibrates. I think I’ll focus on collections I can actually eagle eye until I get the skill for digging mounds to sparkle in eagle eye.

Also, I accidentally found a flower collectible while running around in the yellow area looking for an arrowhead digging spot, so I don’t think you particularly need to buy maps to find/spawn stuff. If you see something out of the ordinary, check it out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So my friends each got a mask, apparently for free, and I did not. I am unclear why. Any idea how you get masks?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

hup posted:

So heads up re: role outfits—you can’t mix and match parts besides hats and gloves. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK

My dreams of bandoleers, dashed upon the rocks :negative:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Capn Beeb posted:

My dreams of bandoliers, dashed upon the rocks :negative:

nooooooo:negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally had a chance to check out the bounty hunter board, and in typical Rockstar fashion they have added a arbitrary 10 minute time limit on delivering the outlaw to the jail.

titties
May 10, 2012

What is the club / outlaw pass level progression tied to?

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Also, I accidentally found a flower collectible while running around in the yellow area looking for an arrowhead digging spot, so I don’t think you particularly need to buy maps to find/spawn stuff. If you see something out of the ordinary, check it out.

Friend of mine was riding along yesterday, before any of us had bought the collector's bag, when a screaming whitetail ran across the path in front of him. It was limping and making the horrible sounds they make when they're wounded. He put it out of its misery, and when he skinned it he found one of the collectable arrow heads.

We also discovered that the collectables discovered from maps bought from Madame What's-her-name are in fixed locations. My buddy bought a map and I was able to follow him around and pick up the tarot cards and liquor bottles it lead him to.
We later joined up with another buddy, and he bought a map that led us to locations we already visited, and the cards were not there for me to pick up again

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Liking the patch so far. Movement feels much smoother and looting corpses isn't such a huge time investment anymore.

Also finally being able to change my dude to look more normal is nice. I assume they'll add a price tag to it eventually so it's probably worth changing your character while you still can for free.

Now if only the servers stopped crapping themselves...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fanatic posted:

Now if only the servers stopped crapping themselves...

Sir, those are the horses..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

titties posted:

What is the club / outlaw pass level progression tied to?

I am also wondering this - is it the same XP progression as you progress through the game? I haven't seen this explained anywhere, so I am assuming yes.