Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've only had podcast addict have issues updating, like it didn't show the 2nd last 302010 until after the most recent one showed up. I know Lasertime hasn't been as timely lately, but I saw that it was out in other places.

Me and Henry had the same experience discovering Anime, it was at blockbuster and I rented all them. Listening to the Bubblegum Crisis and kids there days with their My Hero Academia and Attack On Titans have no idea how easy they got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hope more people vote for Mission Hill as the Fall miniseries. Show still holds up well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nick Soapdish posted:

Hope more people vote for Mission Hill as the Fall miniseries. Show still holds up well.

Chapo Trap House interviewed Bill Oakley, and like half the interview was about Mission Hill. Unfortunately, I think it was Patreon exclusive.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
They're all good shows and I'll be happy with any outcome.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'd love a Venture Bros podcast but season one is a little rough at times

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Bob: here's more evidence for your theory on Bowser / Sha Na Na / musician names

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Nick Soapdish posted:

I hate them all and I want to vote for none of the above. I want the Talking Simpsons boys to either do something new and fresh or something actually obscure!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Nick Soapdish posted:

Upon learning my roommate has the DVDs this is where my vote went instantly. Gives me an excuse.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mission Hill loving sucks and I'm glad it's going to lose. May as well do Undergrads, yeech.

here's my vote:
• shut the gently caress up
• • (and watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c-1tk0o59Qc )

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've watched all the episodes of Mission Hill lots of times I just don't think it's good. I'm sorry for being a crank about it though, it's a sweet show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've watched all the episodes of Mission Hill lots of times I just don't think it's good. I'm sorry for being a crank about it though, it's a sweet show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjbbVK6Hkcc

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Bob’s mention of being glomped at an anime convention in the latest TS reminded me of this SA classic.

https://youtu.be/j5y3NQi_RAY

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

i remember seeing this scene on tv years ago as a kid and thinking it was the funniest poo poo in the world and never being able to figure out what show it was from

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Same with me but it was the part in the episode with the comic convention when Andy and Kevin are fighting and people start watching them and chanting "Luke, Luke, Luke!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There is a reason anime north banned glomping. Yaoi paddles are also banned but that's a different story.

And they are way to mean to Nene on the Bubblegum Crisis episode.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

twistedmentat posted:

There is a reason anime north banned glomping. Yaoi paddles are also banned but that's a different story.

And they are way to mean to Nene on the Bubblegum Crisis episode.

what language is this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Riptor posted:

what language is this

Bob explains what Glomping is in the episode, when you jump on someone randomly because its funny in anime and becuase when you do things that are in anime in real life, its also funny! Not a horrible invasion of personal space that could possibly result in injury.

Yaoi Paddles were paddles with YAOI written on them that were intended to spank boys who you wanted to be or act gay (yaoi is a slang term for gay in the context of anime and manga). Mosty women who wanted to see two characters they liked make out or something. It was weird and gross and again, a violation of personal space. They were banned from almost all conventions after an incident where a woman ran at a cosplayer who was dressed as a character she liked and instead of hitting them in the butt with the flat of the paddle, they hit him on the hip, which shattered his pelvis and sent her to jail for assault.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
this is awful

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Anime is loving bad and I skip every anime episode of What A Cartoon

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
You guys sold me on What a Cartoon - tried the Clerks episode, and I am really sold on the format. It’s a really great deep dive into the entire history of this blip of a show that isn’t exactly what I expected from the mainline show - thought it’d be more of just the one ep.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Piquai Souban posted:

You guys sold me on What a Cartoon - tried the Clerks episode, and I am really sold on the format. It’s a really great deep dive into the entire history of this blip of a show that isn’t exactly what I expected from the mainline show - thought it’d be more of just the one ep.

We've done a ton of other episodes on even more obscure subjects! (And also popular ones.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
My only problem with what a cartoon is that there hasn't been more clone high episodes yet

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I'm waiting on those deep dives into the Hanna-Barbera catalog.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, we need more episodes about lovely Hanna-Barbera shovelware.

Like the cartoon based (very loosely) on Marvel's The Thing. Or any number of Scooby-Doo ripoffs.

Perhaps, the second greatest of the adult characters reimagined as children cartoons. A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. Muppet Babies (original flavor) is #1.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm waiting on those deep dives into the Hanna-Barbera catalog.

Don't worry, another show has that covered.

Wait what do you mean it's only covering good cartoons

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My dream is the miniserieses are just TalKing of the Hill two seasons a year. We can vote on a new one in Fall 2025.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
One thing, Full Metal Alchemist was a monthly manga, which does give the manga artist a slightly less bone-crushing schedule. Granted Silver Spoon is weekly, but there are large hiatuses in there.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
It blew my mind to find out Hiromu Arakawa has three kids. I don't know how any manga artist manages to find the time and energy to raise a child, let alone multiple.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mayored to the Mob will always be my favourite season 10 ep if only for the line "I don't get it. Everyone loves rats, but they don't want to drink the rat's milk?"

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

zari-gani posted:

It blew my mind to find out Hiromu Arakawa has three kids. I don't know how any manga artist manages to find the time and energy to raise a child, let alone multiple.

Why hire assistants when you can make them?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

bobservo posted:

Why hire assistants when you can make them?

They're gonna rebel and become doctors

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I wonder what MMO Bob and Henry saw in Vegas that never came out.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like given the timeframe and who would have had a marketing budget for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Guy_Online

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

END ME SCOOB posted:

I feel like given the timeframe and who would have had a marketing budget for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_Guy_Online

Oh god. No wonder they pampered them, that looks dire.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Even worse, I just got there in the episode and they said MOBA dead in 6 months which opens it up to way too many candidates. Offhand I wonder if it was Nosgoth or Infinite Crisis.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

END ME SCOOB posted:

Even worse, I just got there in the episode and they said MOBA dead in 6 months which opens it up to way too many candidates. Offhand I wonder if it was Nosgoth or Infinite Crisis.

Oh i heard MMO, but if its moba, yea may never know unless they mention it. Infinite Crisis came out though, and they said one that didn't I thought. Infinity Crisis's main problem is that anyone people actually cared about was a pay unlock, so you got stuck with Victorian Batman and other one off versions of heroes. That and it wasn't fun.

Also WCW vs NWO Revenge was the superior game, as correctly stated in the episode.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 22, 2019

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

It was Infinite Crisis, a DC Universe MOBA.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I loving KNEW only Warner Bros would be dumb enough to give journalists SUITES

\/\/ Edit: I loving RAN my mouth way too SOON

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 22, 2019

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

They received first class plane tickets for the MOBA. The suite was for the PSX event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
What A Cartoon guest/Fellow SA user Pop Arena did a Cyber Six series retrospective a few years ago for those interested.

https://youtu.be/qgJSLROeVx8