Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Guess the thread

bagmonkey posted:

I'm too high to elaborate but yeah

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Zil posted:

That is a combo of fetishes that I didn't know could end up together.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

an actual dog posted:

good news everyone, it's now legal to have consensual sex with 9/11

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

If there are any less than a dozen versions of this posted by goons thinking they're the first to post it in the next 12 hours I'm going to disappointed.

This could be from literally any thread on the forums.

But it should be from that bodybuilder loses his posts in an abortion thread.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Context unnecessary.

Whatev posted:

I am having trouble visualizing an effective seatbelt scheme for centaurs. Holding the front horse part in place would make the inertia of the back horse part break the horse spine

Obviously centaurs aren't real but this problem will impact any horses who learn to drive

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

How would they even get into a car in the first place? Seatbelts are the least of their concerns.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You could take the seats out of a van but then the seatbelt wouldn't work.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Tiggum posted:

How would they even get into a car in the first place? Seatbelts are the least of their concerns.
How do you keep horses in place in those horse trailers when you have to break? Because do that except it's the rear of a car.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My Lovely Horse posted:

How do you keep horses in place in those horse trailers when you have to break? Because do that except it's the rear of a car.

They put those expanding foam things in there and it conforms to the horses and holds them in place

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

purple death ray posted:

They put those expanding foam things in there and it conforms to the horses and holds them in place

So a horse wonderbra?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I've never seen this. Probably more common in high end operations. Most horse trailers I see in rural texas seem to just be hoping it doesn't happen or the horse dies.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

D-Pad posted:

I've never seen this. Probably more common in high end operations. Most horse trailers I see in rural texas seem to just be hoping it doesn't happen or the horse dies.

Oh not in Texas no, the horses will get heatstroke in the foam. Further north than Nebraska and its just common sense as you save on insulating the trailer.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Texas (and surrounding states I believe) still uses straps that lift the horse up slightly but have recently started installing some of that foam in the front as padding for braking quickly

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't that just lead to the horse repeatedly swinging back and forth and bonking itself on the bonk foam

God, that's the best sentence I've said all week, thank you for the opportunity

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm enjoying how happy that horse is

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Garrand posted:

I'm enjoying how happy that horse is

It's more fun than the horses in the foam, for sure. One of the foam trucks gets delayed any significant amount of time and the horses are going to be bored and cranky when they get to their destination. Just a bunch of pissed off horse heads sticking up out of the foam. The handlers have to give them carrots to chew on or they start biting people while they're trying to cut them out of the foam.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

Wouldn't that just lead to the horse repeatedly swinging back and forth and bonking itself on the bonk foam

I gotta think there's some counterweight advantage with a free-swingin' horse.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Phy posted:

I snorted out loud in amusement and my Uber driver thought I was laughing at the nice heartfelt story he was telling my corider :saddowns:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Lobok posted:

I assume the horse can't be free-swinging or it would totally hose the handling characteristics of the trailer. Also because I think horses can get seasick that way.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lobok posted:

Quite the opposite, a free swinging horse is like a tanker full of water, when braking the water will move back and forth and try to keep moving the truck after it stops. Also the strap method moves the center of gravity of the trailer higher and makes it less stable. Large animal transport is already difficult with the cargo that can move independently and has to be loaded by leading the animal, and HOLY gently caress, THE SMELL.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Granted, but why are they free-swingin'? You can't deny the photographic evidence:

Friend posted:

Texas (and surrounding states I believe) still uses straps that lift the horse up slightly but have recently started installing some of that foam in the front as padding for braking quickly

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Outrail posted:

You could take the seats out of a van but then the seatbelt wouldn't work.

The way I'd do it is have the seat on rails such that it can extend partially out the rear hatch of an SUV. The centaur would put its horse chest on it then scoot the whole unit forward until it locks into place.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Would a centaur prefer to use its front or hind hoofs to work the pedals?

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pirate Radar posted:

I assume the horse can't be free-swinging or it would totally hose the handling characteristics of the trailer. Also because I think horses can get seasick that way.

On the upside horses can't vomit so at least there's no worrying about clean up.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Wouldn't they just drive the car with thought-speak

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Outrail posted:

Would a centaur prefer to use its front or hind hoofs to work the pedals?

Judging by this picture, I would assume the hind legs would just sit there and the front left hoof would be for the clutch and right hoof for the giddyup/whoa

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think horses actually exist so the question is moot

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
None of you exist.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Friend posted:

Judging by this picture, I would assume the hind legs would just sit there and the front left hoof would be for the clutch and right hoof for the giddyup/whoa

But then how do they turn the wheel and keeo their eyes on the road.

Poor binky, thought of drifting and died.

Edit: wait we talking centaurs not horses. Whatever it stands.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i don't think horses actually exist so the question is moot

They do, but only for brief and unstable periods of time

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

They only exist until directly observed, per Horsenberg's uncertainty principle.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They only exist until directly observed, per Horsenberg's uncertainty principle.

Booooooooooo

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

idgi

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'm in a superposition of getting and not getting it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

sebmojo posted:

I just read your post and now you get it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

sebmojo posted:

Nice!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You're all gonna get it, just you wait

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007