Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

20 dollars and you can put a nipple on meteor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the funny part is that her boobs would have to be absolutely massive for that to be what she looks like wearing a sports bar

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The trailer seems to have assuaged most people's grave bust size concerns already anyway.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Trailer was good but i'm surprised they haven't shown Red XIII yet.

Give me the dog Squeenix, you've shown just about everything else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Trailer was good but i'm surprised they haven't shown Red XIII yet.

Give me the dog Squeenix, you've shown just about everything else.

There probably isn't a ton of Red XIII to show. Dude is around for like one boss battle.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Replace Red XIII with Repede.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

There probably isn't a ton of Red XIII to show. Dude is around for like one boss battle.

Hey everyone else is getting way more play than the original, why not Red XIII?

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I think it’s three total, four if you include both robots in the elevator battle.

Anyway I am still absolutely stoked by how much variety it looks like the environments have, and I’m really glad they decided to go with the semi-cartoony look, which reminds me of one of my favorite anecdotes about FF7R’s messy development.

Apparently they originally wanted to make everything as photorealistic as possible. Basically the full game was supposed to look like the very first e3 trailer with people that looked like normal dudes you’d find milling around NYC. It probably took only two or three seconds of thought to realize that this game is practically nothing but GOOFY-rear end poo poo! At some point someone must have chipped in with “you know at a certain point cloud gets launched several stories by a dolphin, right?”, which immediately prompted a major design overhaul.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least we won't have that game-ruining piece of poo poo Cait Sith around for this one.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I hope Cloud's dress is an equipable item you can keep. Want Cloud to look his prettiest on his date with Barrent at the Gold Saucer.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If SE really wants to profit from FF7R then Cloud's dresses will be DLC.

I'm already upset it's not a costume option in Smash.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Cloud falling into the livestream in a wheelchair, dressed to the nines.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Pray tell, Mega64. I am but a humble forumsgoer, and I am wondering exactly what you mean by that Cait Sith comment? Surely they would not replace him with an entirely different character for no good reason, to the chagrin and humor of many an internet user?

:shepicide:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i hope you all realize that if SE sticks to the original plot and their previous method of voice acting Cait Sith, it will give us a scene where Reeve is exposed as a double-agent because he accidentally starts talking in a peppy Scottish brogue during a Shinra board meeting

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kanfy posted:

The trailer seems to have assuaged most people's grave bust size concerns already anyway.

Given they’re apparently the size of her head in one of those shots I don’t want to meet the person still complaining

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Cloud falling into the livestream in a wheelchair, dressed to the nines.

yo livestreamers this is cloud and 2day my girl is gonna ghost ride my wheelchair and were gonna rip it thru the streets of mideel. like and subscribe

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Pray tell, Mega64. I am but a humble forumsgoer, and I am wondering exactly what you mean by that Cait Sith comment? Surely they would not replace him with an entirely different character for no good reason, to the chagrin and humor of many an internet user?

:shepicide:

Iscar Matthias confirmed.

OhFunny posted:

I hope Cloud's dress is an equipable item you can keep. Want Cloud to look his prettiest on his date with Barrent at the Gold Saucer.

Only if Barret gets to wear his sailor costume.

Mega64 posted:

If SE really wants to profit from FF7R then Cloud's dresses will be DLC.

I'm already upset it's not a costume option in Smash.

Have the DLC costumes from characters from other FF games, except Cloud gets to wear all the female costumes too only.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mega64 posted:

At least we won't have that game-ruining piece of poo poo Cait Sith around for this one.

when in the trailer was Iscar Matthias confirmed?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Augus posted:

when in the trailer was Iscar Matthias confirmed?

He's the guy chasing them on the motorcycle. :shepface:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I love that basically all mentions of ~Iscar Matthias~ have been scrubbed from that mod collection, but the internet....the internet will always remember.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The reason why you have not seen Red XIII is because Iscar Matthias is replacing him and they want to keep it a secret.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fister Roboto posted:

Ah, I thought the scene with Rude was at the Gongaga reactor, but I guess it's just at Aeris's church.

He shows up in the Shinra building when you get captured; he corners the party in the elevator when you're on your way out.

Between Rude showing up outside the Church (I'm guessing) and Tseng cornering Aerith and Marlene, it looks like they're incorporating them more in stuff.

Also, Rude hurling Cloud head-first into Aerith was :discourse:

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
So that hologram was 2 different people right? The first was president shinra and the second heidegger?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm still iffy on the idea of expanding Midgar out to a full game but gosh darn does everything they show excite the crap out of me :swoon:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm gonna have to play FF7 so I can play FF7r

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
you will only be disappointed if you do things that way

In FF7Remake, I mean.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
The area outside the church where they fight Rude is too drat sunny for the slums under that *&$@% pizza! Immersion ruined.

....Looks decent otherwise, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guys FF7 remake looks...good? Is this real life?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

RatHat posted:

Is this real life?

It's just final fantasy.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Between this, death stranding, and cyberpunk 2077 the first third of 2020 is gonna be insane.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 12, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Between this, death stranding, and cyberpunk 2077 the first third of 2020 is gonna be insane.

Death Stranding comes out in November.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Refresh my memory, you do fight SOLDIER enemies in FF7 right, not just the regular grunts?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gologle posted:

Refresh my memory, you do fight SOLDIER enemies in FF7 right, not just the regular grunts?

You fight 3rd and 2nd class SOLDIERS as random enemies at the Junon underwater reactor base, and when you parachute into Midgar on the path to fight Hojo.

But they're just basic enemies, not sub-bosses or anything.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gologle posted:

You fight SOLDIER 3rd Classes on Hojo's level of the Shinra Building. Gotta steal t hat Hardedge! Although I wish I didn't. That thing is loving ugly.

Here's hoping there is some like sidequest i n FFVIIR where Cloud unlocks the "true full power" of the Buster Sword so he can use it as his final weapon. In the original game, it just doesn't have the symbolic or real power that it should.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Oh so they forced English language audiences to accept "Aerith" but use the much preferable "Aeris" in Japanese.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mantis42 posted:

Oh so they forced English language audiences to accept "Aerith" but use the much preferable "Aeris" in Japanese.

there is no “th” sound in Japanese

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You don't translate proper nouns.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i now have less of an idea what her name is than before

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Mantis42 posted:

You don't translate proper nouns.

Exactly why the protagonist is name Kuraudo. Cloud? Never heard of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I, for one, am ready to adventure with Earisu Geinzubuuru and Tifa Rokkuhaato.

ETA: -su is really the best Japanese can do for a -th sound. It's not just Japanese that doesn't have it. The voiced and voiceless dental fricatives are relatively rare worldwide, and native speakers of languages without them have a hard time with them.

AngryRobotsInc fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 12, 2019