Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They really need to make some changes to faster timeout people who queue and then terminally afk. Either an 'accept game' button like in dota or just cut the mulligan turn timer down by 30-40%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Mulligan timer is insanely way too long

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I've been a Day9 fan since the starcraft days but it's hard to watch him when he hits play then gets up to take a dump or something and he leaves his opponent waiting around because the first few timers are brutally generous.

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I had the opportunity to use "manually order triggers" for the first time today. Thanks Boros draft deck!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dracula Factory posted:

I've been a Day9 fan since the starcraft days but it's hard to watch him when he hits play then gets up to take a dump or something and he leaves his opponent waiting around because the first few timers are brutally generous.

Yeah Day9 strikes me as the type of guy that drives slow in the left hand lane or stands in the middle of sidewalks. I loved watching him in the starcraft days because his positivity matched that games community but him in card games is unbearable.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Apparently the devs view the generous mulligan timer as a feature because some individuals have slow computers/connections.

It actually double covers for them, there's a hidden phase of the timer where you can't cancel out because you're already loading the new game THEN there's a splash screen.

Personally I don't think a f2p game needs to cater to the 2% of players running the game on a core 2 duo in the middle of deserted farmlands but I guess that makes me an elitist.

edit:

dang

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 11, 2019

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Holy loving crap long live RDW

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Jesus it's a lot like Ebon Legion and maybe just as good.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Spiderdrake posted:

Apparently the devs view the generous mulligan timer as a feature because some individuals have slow computers/connections.

It actually double covers for them, there's a hidden phase of the timer where you can't cancel out because you're already loading the new game THEN there's a splash screen.

Personally I don't think a f2p game needs to cater to the 2% of players running the game on a core 2 duo in the middle of deserted farmlands but I guess that makes me an elitist.

edit:

dang

Well they had to print something to make red attractive to include in wb knights. E: misread

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Spiderdrake posted:

edit:

dang

I expect to see people to experiment with this and Colossus Hammer or other weapons.

LIke me, I'll try it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

RIP sideways monkey, all hail sideways red guy

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

that card is hilarious

i don't even know if it's good but it's funny as poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/karsten_frank/status/1171806383207059456

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Honestly surprised to not see Sultai Yarok on that list. I’m serious you guys the deck and it’s engines are all extremely fire.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cavalcade will live forever :unsmigghh:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Cavalcade will live forever :unsmigghh:

Notably the knight it buffs up will still trigger cavalcade if it had one power before being buffed up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That Knight is loving sweet

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
yeah that's good. works with itself. Reduces equip costs to 0. And you can ignore any line of text on it and it's still good.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Meh, almost as good as food golem

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's hard to live up to the new Bomat Courier

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Doltos posted:

Meh, almost as good as food golem

run both, obvs

lol if this expansion just makes rdw dominant despite rotation

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

My new rap name

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's too many two for ones in the Storybook cards for RDW to still be that big an issue I think, unless there's an equally value-filled red card.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I am glad that the same system that does nothing to prevent my opponents from rage roping every turn also times me out and passes the turn while I am legitimately performing actions. This is an excellent system and everyone responsible 100% deserves to still have a job in the industry

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I had to go look up his decklist from the world championship to see if his card would work there. https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1348863#arena

Dunno if it will live up to the other Invitational champion cards out there. They can't all be Snapcaster Mage.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Justin_Brett posted:

There's too many two for ones in the Storybook cards for RDW to still be that big an issue I think, unless there's an equally value-filled red card.

Give us the R 1/1 haste R adventure: Shock you cowards

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Now the matchmaker is disrespecting me by putting me up against what appears to be the Boros precon deck.

In fairness, I can't say I don't deserve it at this point, it's a pretty legit own

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I’m pretty sure I’m getting like half my wins with the Galos Gates deck from my opponent getting bored and conceding

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I remain skeptical that Mono-Red will be that scary in a block whose main mechanic is lifegain

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bust Rodd posted:

I remain skeptical that Mono-Red will be that scary in a block whose main mechanic is lifegain

The “main mechanic” where we haven’t seen a playable constructed card vs a deck that routinely gets turn four or five kills

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Goose is definitely constructed playable

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
food shouldnt cost mana to pop for hp :/ that would make it viable as life gain

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Relin posted:

food shouldnt cost mana to pop for hp :/ that would make it viable as life gain

As I remember saying and I'm sure others have said or thought, it's pretty odd that the activation cost is the same for the "draw a card" mechanic as the "gain 3 life" mechanic. I don't think they'd cost those two riders equivalently in most other contexts.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

You have to sit somewhere to eat it. Get into the roleplay guys.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Thanks for this! I changed up my Simic Flash and just went 6-0 with it in the event. No Cavalcades, but I did beat two Field of the Dead decks.

4 Spectral Sailor (M20) 76
4 Frilled Mystic (RNA) 174
4 Brineborn Cutthroat (M20) 50
4 Nightpack Ambusher (M20) 185
2 Faerie Duelist (RNA) 39

4 Sinister Sabotage (GRN) 54
3 Unsummon (M20) 78
3 Anticipate (M20) 45
2 Negate (M20) 69
3 No Escape (WAR) 63
3 Quench (RNA) 48

11 Island (ANA) 57
7 Forest (ANA) 60
3 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
1 Thornwood Falls (M20) 258
1 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 257
1 Simic Guildgate (RNA) 258

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
There has to be a poisoner card that deals 3 to anyone who sacrifices a food, right?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

At least we have something to deal with walkers since The Immortal Sun is going away. I like this art better than Ixalan's. :3:

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 12, 2019

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I love this Sultai Yarok/Elementals deck, it has game against everything and can turn games around out of nowhere. I replaced the llanowar elves with grazers for 2020, but I'm not even sure it needs the 1 drop, maybe paradise druid would be better to neoform into risen reef.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly after spending a few days with the deck the 0/3 reach body seems extremely relevant so I’m expecting Goose will slot in very nicely.

The deck also seems extremely draw dependent. I only run 24 lands and I’ve lost soooooo many games during this event where I’m fine if I draw basically 1 of like 10 cards in my deck but if it isn’t one of those 10 you’re doomed. There are lots of games where you’ll untap with 15 mana and basically nothing to do with it, and drawing a single Krasis would definitely win you the game on the spot.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why does this lovely game let you put stops on the board when you can't do anything at all