Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Donovan Trip posted:

Leaked cellphone footage of some behind the curtains death stranding stuff- 7 minutes from the start of the game. https://streamable.com/mjddp

drat, terrible quality but from the voice acting and what my eyes could piece together, that was rad as hell. Loved the little walkout at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Black August posted:

Like am I wrong to assume that Death Stranding probably has all of Silent Hills original ideas likely adapted for it, or does the timeline not support that possibility, I forget the whens of everything

I just assumed that this game is him putting ideas from the novel he wrote in college into a game format now that he could do whatever he wanted and nobody could stop him:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1000913808892686337

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I just assumed that this game is him putting ideas from the novel he wrote in college into a game format now that he could do whatever he wanted and nobody could stop him:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1000913808892686337

It's that, plus alternate world stuff ala silent hill (with the theme being war, every silent hill has a theme in it's shadow world and this one invokes clear parallels to MGS), plus his usual autobiographical stuff (kojima too has been on a journey west).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the virulent prague

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A Prague Tale

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Oxxidation posted:

the virulent prague

the albiter of truth

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Donovan Trip posted:

Leaked cellphone footage of some behind the curtains death stranding stuff- 7 minutes from the start of the game. https://streamable.com/mjddp

I can't tell if it's the bad quality or if Normal Reedus really mumbles that much. Some of his lines were complete gibberish.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

RatHat posted:

I can't tell if it's the bad quality or if Normal Reedus really mumbles that much. Some of his lines were complete gibberish.

little of column a, little of column b

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
His yelling voice is even weirder

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

RatHat posted:

Have you watched Walking Dead? Everyone in that show is either whispering, mumbling, or crying.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
80 minutes of death stranding gameplay incoming https://mobile.twitter.com/KojiPro2...60%2Fframe.html

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Norman Reedus builds a portapotty and spends the next 30 minutes taking a deuce. If enough people poop in the same spot, nuclear disarmament happens.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
90% of that gameplay is going to be travelling isnt it

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

RatHat posted:

90% of that gameplay is going to be cutscenes isnt it

Traveling is the thing you do to get to the next cutscene

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

We're really lucky Kojima didn't get into politics or something.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
New cameo

https://mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1170223627062538243

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

woah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keanu will be the final boss. There’s no character, no weird name. It’s just Keanu Reeves standing on the rubble that used to be San Francisco, and he’s going to kick your rear end.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Somehow this will prove to be a Matrix sequel

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
EDIT: Timefall only makes his hair grow long and makes him grow a stylish beard.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 8, 2019

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
i hope he is wearing the wyld stallyns shirt in the game

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Kojima wanted Keanu for mads part originally

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
If I remember correctly, Nicolas Winding Refn, referred K Keanu for the character of Cliff, but Kojima had his heart set on Mads.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I could've sworn it was the other way and Refn convinced him mads will be perfect for it, Reeves was busy making cyberpunk at the time too.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7wi7LX9F40

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
Man, the soundtrack is really chilling and complements the scene really good.

This will surely be Walking Sim of the Year 2019

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

idk this reddit video makes it seem like there's going to be plenty of shooty bang bang and monster fighting

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Whoop whoop

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/1171978600037244928?s=20

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
man, mads mikkelsen really needs some baby wipes for his face

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The stuff they talk about creates new questions for me. Bridges and Strand are being used like family names. Is it corporate identity tied into personal identity? The way Sam talks about how he 'isn't a strand' also makes it sound like the death stranding is some kind of conscious choice people made.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

this stupid game is gonna be so good.

"They're homo demons, they have no issue using anything to get what they want, even causing void outs"

what the gently caress even are you saying game??? I'm gonna play you and love this stupid poo poo but what even are you???

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

sexpig by night posted:

this stupid game is gonna be so good.

"They're homo demons, they have no issue using anything to get what they want, even causing void outs"

what the gently caress even are you saying game??? I'm gonna play you and love this stupid poo poo but what even are you???

Homo Demens, and as far I can tell void outs are the big explosion that happens after the BTs capture a live person. There seems to be a multiplayer aspect to it so you'll probably see craters around the game where other players have died.

By the way, looks like the guy who appears on the truck in the TGS 2017 trailer is one of the Demens. I guess they won't necessarily be antagonists.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 12, 2019

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Boy Kojima sure loves dudes with skulls for faces doesn’t he

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Homo demens are the nihilists with unclear intentions led by Troy Barker who are willing to summon the BTs with void outs, which create the giant craters and bring the BTs into our world such as it is. They also seem to have some control over BTs.

Homo means modern in this context and demens means demented or mad

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 12, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Best part is the Troy Baker character that has a skull mask has another mask under it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

Motherfucker do you not?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
homo demons gangtag when?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

net cafe scandal posted:

Motherfucker do you not?

Brb peeling the skin off my own face to see if it looks rad

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

TheMostFrench posted:

The stuff they talk about creates new questions for me. Bridges and Strand are being used like family names. Is it corporate identity tied into personal identity? The way Sam talks about how he 'isn't a strand' also makes it sound like the death stranding is some kind of conscious choice people made.

If this is autobiographical as some are speculating, maybe Hideo is struggling with having left a corporation that was tied to his identity, and now is being asked to join another corporation (Sony), which he is skeptical about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So Heartman's Soul is on the beach but Amelie's Body is on the beach. I wonder how that all works