Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I just mulliganed into the exact same 1 land hand. Second mulligan, 2 lands and down to 5 cards. Nice RNG there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Relin posted:

why does this lovely game let you put stops on the board when you can't do anything at all

So that you can bluff that you can. Two untapped islands, etc etc.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

I just mulliganed into the exact same 1 land hand. Second mulligan, 2 lands and down to 5 cards. Nice RNG there.

Sounds fine?

Fezziwig
Jun 7, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

I played a game earlier with a 24 land deck and got 15 of my lands in the top 19 cards of my deck. It happens, try not to let it get to you.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Bell_ posted:

So that you can bluff that you can. Two untapped islands, etc etc.
everything was tapped, what is he gonna do, cast force of will at nothing with gw mana

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Honestly after spending a few days with the deck the 0/3 reach body seems extremely relevant so I’m expecting Goose will slot in very nicely.

The deck also seems extremely draw dependent. I only run 24 lands and I’ve lost soooooo many games during this event where I’m fine if I draw basically 1 of like 10 cards in my deck but if it isn’t one of those 10 you’re doomed. There are lots of games where you’ll untap with 15 mana and basically nothing to do with it, and drawing a single Krasis would definitely win you the game on the spot.

I'm not sure what it's relevant for, it doesn't trade, I would rather have something that could trade if needed, it is nice cavalier fodder though. Albeit I've only played 14 games with it so far, I haven't lost a single one of them though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

drive me nuts to school posted:

I played a game earlier with a 24 land deck and got 15 of my lands in the top 19 cards of my deck. It happens, try not to let it get to you.

If it had even been a different single land hand I would have been less annoyed. I initially thought the game just didn't register my click on the mulligan button.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When is the last day to level up the battle pass again?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Stangg posted:

I'm not sure what it's relevant for, it doesn't trade, I would rather have something that could trade if needed, it is nice cavalier fodder though. Albeit I've only played 14 games with it so far, I haven't lost a single one of them though.

Blocking an 11/3 Flying Chandra’s Spitfire has been the difference between me winning vs Cavalcade and me losing vs Cavalcade a lot.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 12, 2019

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

fadam posted:

When is the last day to level up the battle pass again?

The 25th if you want to be safe, but I think they said you can get in really early on the 26th and do a quest before they reset everything when the patch/eldraine pass comes out

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Blocking an 11/3 Flying Chandra’s Spitfire has been the difference between me winning vs Cavalcade and me losing vs Cavalcade a lot.

I'm sure we could find a better answer than a speed bump.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think that Rakdos Aristo is going to be viable as long as Cry of the Carnarium is around but good luck Headhunter!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Headhunter at least has the extra point of rear end to survive a Cry

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/jay13x/status/1172159815394693120?s=21

Is Kaya originally from Eldraine? She could be related to the queen

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/jay13x/status/1172159815394693120?s=21

Is Kaya originally from Eldraine? She could be related to the queen

What makes you think that? Besides, you know, that Kaya is black?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
For the bad players in the thread: I am a pretty average player, with about 50% winrate, but this deck positively catapulted me to diamond through ranked BO1, I literally didn't lose a single game in all of gold and it was only at platinum 1 that I started to losing games. There is definitely some room for improvement if you have the right cards, but I didn't want to spend wildcards on rares and mythics that are moving out of standard soon.

quote:

2 Glacial Fortress (XLN) 255
1 Lava Coil (GRN) 108
3 Deafening Clarion (GRN) 165
4 Sacred Foundry (GRN) 254
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
1 Deputy of Detention (RNA) 165
4 Hallowed Fountain (RNA) 251
4 Narset, Parter of Veils (WAR) 61
4 Sarkhan the Masterless (WAR) 143
3 Teferi, Time Raveler (WAR) 221
2 Time Wipe (WAR) 223
1 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer (WAR) 234
4 Interplanar Beacon (WAR) 247
1 Drawn from Dreams (M20) 56
2 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
2 Clifftop Retreat (DAR) 239
3 Shock (M20) 160
2 Plains (M20) 264
2 Island (M20) 268
1 Karn, Scion of Urza (DAR) 1
3 Opt (DAR) 60
1 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria (DAR) 207
4 Baffling End (RIX) 1
1 Ugin, the Ineffable (WAR) 2

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kjermzs posted:

This is known as Sigint’s Gambit.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Speaking of if anyone has not yet purchased a Kaya av for 3000 gold, you need to re-evaluate your life

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lagomorphic posted:

Headhunter at least has the extra point of rear end to survive a Cry

4 mana for a 2/3 with Menace that can sac at instant speed for 3 mana is pretty bad regardless

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://mtga.warlore.net/mpc/

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

MikeCrotch posted:

Speaking of if anyone has not yet purchased a Kaya av for 3000 gold, you need to re-evaluate your life

You could also purchase a Kaya av for $5

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kjermzs posted:

Something tells me he had no other reason.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Where's my avatar of the entire Obzedat Council?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

fadam posted:

This is known as Sigint’s Gambit.

No, this is SigInts Gambit.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Sound Intrusion
B
Sorcery

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a nonland card from your opponent's hand. If you do, your opponent exiles that card. If a nonblack card was exiled this way, exile a card from your hand.

This is good, right? Like....really good. Not sure about mainboard but absolutely in sideboard. 1 black mana to counter any black spells, and it's non black, just throw away any unwanted card.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kjermzs posted:

1st of all, you have no way of knowing this, but when you suggest to me, a mixed race person, that I assume all black people are related, you're being kind of racist.

2nd of all, not all black people have Afros, but Kaya and the Queen both do. Notice how I didn't ask if she was related to Teferi?

Slow your roll next time you have a brilliant point to make, dude.

Kaya's wiki says her homeplane is as of yet unnamed.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bust Rodd posted:

1st of all, you have no way of knowing this, but when you suggest to me, a mixed race person, that I assume all black people are related, you're being kind of racist.

2nd of all, not all black people have Afros, but Kaya and the Queen both do. Notice how I didn't ask if she was related to Teferi?

Slow your roll next time you have a brilliant point to make, dude.

Kaya's wiki says her homeplane is as of yet unnamed.

lol what in tarnation

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hairbuns and afros aren't really the same thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whatever, her wiki says we don't know her homeplane but she descended from royalty and the only black royalty we've been shown is a stern-looking woman with frizzy black hair, like hers. It's really not the absurd reach you guys are claiming it to be.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

“She’s not bald so obviously no relation to Teferi” is a terrible argument.

Wouldn’t any black person have an afro if they grew it out long enough and styled it that way?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

latinotwink1997 posted:

“She’s not bald so obviously no relation to Teferi” is a terrible argument.

Wouldn’t any black person have an afro if they grew it out long enough and styled it that way?

no, the kink/nap of your hair is genetic, not every black person's hair is the same level of nappiness

She also looks NOTHING like Teferi, whereas I do see some facial similarities between her and the queen

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OH my god what are y'all doing

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

zoux posted:

OH my god what are y'all doing

Magic the Gathering Arena: not every black person's hair is the same level of nappiness

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Waffleopolis posted:

Sound Intrusion
B
Sorcery

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a nonland card from your opponent's hand. If you do, your opponent exiles that card. If a nonblack card was exiled this way, exile a card from your hand.

This is good, right? Like....really good. Not sure about mainboard but absolutely in sideboard. 1 black mana to counter any black spells, and it's non black, just throw away any unwanted card.

I don't like it. Thought erasure is better and duress is more broadly applicable in the sideboard. I don't like the idea of giving myself card disadvantage for a minor upside.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will never play modo again, but since getting back into magic with Arena I've found myself actually watching a lot more modern than standard.

I REALLY hope Historic turns out to be good and well-supported, because I think that might be where my future lies in Arena. I'm cautiously optimistic!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Huxley posted:

I REALLY hope Historic turns out to be good and well-supported, because I think that might be where my future lies in Arena. I'm cautiously optimistic!

goondolences

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

no, the kink/nap of your hair is genetic, not every black person's hair is the same level of nappiness

She also looks NOTHING like Teferi, whereas I do see some facial similarities between her and the queen

You hate to see it happen, folks

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Vs. Live is doing some future Eldraine standard brewing on stream today. Abzan Legends looking spicy:

https://twitter.com/StarCityGames/status/1172180200832065539/photo/2

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Regardless of how superficial the similarities between them, never count any two fictional characters out as being related. People go nuts for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Huxley posted:

I will never play modo again, but since getting back into magic with Arena I've found myself actually watching a lot more modern than standard.

for a fun time go post that on the arena subreddit and watch the howling masses lose their minds