Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Idk if all employees of the company got them but everybody I know has a very nice hardcover of it lol

I should give mine to my mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Can someone help me figure out my bill? My wife and I consolidated phone plans about halfway through my last billing cycle. My bill comes for that cycle with two charges for plans - a set of "regular charges" for May 27-June 26 for the expected amount of the plans, then a set of mid-cycle changes that also include the T-mobile One+ plan I signed up for. I've included a picture for reference.

I talked to a rep at a T-Mobile store, who said this was all correct, but he did a crap job of explaining it. I don't see how this works out. My old plan was $75 a month (simple choice + unlimited data), so I can't figure out how my mid cycle charges would be $80.

I'm just hoping someone here can explain it better than the guy at the store could

also, thanks for the thread's prior advice to swap onto a One plan. We bumped to plus for the last few perks, but it's still a good fit for us.

EDIT: also also, I love my t-mobile spatula

Boxman fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 8, 2019

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Just got the notice that TM will not be covering the $2 increase for Netflix and I'll have to pay it. I'm just glad they are still paying the $11 and not even aggravated. I'm going to be sad when my freebie Pandora subscription runs out because I've been using it a lot but probably won't pay $5/mo to continue.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I have a Simple Choice plan with 6GB and just got unlimited data out of the blue. Not that I really worried about it with Data Stash, but nice to never have to think about it again.

https://www.t-mobile.com/customers/unlimited-data-now?cmpid=CRM_SS_19PPE50UNL_CROXFL4JII7WPBZQ248371

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I've wanted to try t-mobile for a while, but am leaving for Europe tomorrow. If I signed up and immediately used international roaming, would I get booted? Is there a 30 day trial window?

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Looks like I might be joining all of you soon... I am responsible for the cellphones at work. A business sales rep from T-Mobile cold called the CEO, the pricing was less than half of what we currently pay Verizon, resulting in a $20,000ish per year savings. So unless Verizon steps up to the place and cuts pricing... guess who is now in charge of possibly spearheading a effort to switch to T-Mobile from Verizon!

My major issue is that basically no one in our area has T-Mobile. (Southern and Central Indiana) It is basically completely unheard of here as is Sprint. Verizon and ATT dominate.
At least they are sending us a test device so I can have one of our traveling salespeople do a bit of surveying for me. I don't trust coverage maps at all because they are usually 90% bullshit. $20k in savings is no good if the service doesn't work anywhere.

Looks like we might possibly have a bunch of devices to replace as well.

How fun.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

As someone who used to have Verizon and switched to TMobile years ago I can say their coverage is very good. Allegedly if you're out in the boonies you still need Verizon, but the only places I've ever lost service in the last several years has been in very rural areas and never while on a major highway, and even then not often.

Obviously test it for yourself, but TMobile coverage is much much better than it was a decade ago.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

stevewm posted:

Looks like I might be joining all of you soon... I am responsible for the cellphones at work. A business sales rep from T-Mobile cold called the CEO, the pricing was less than half of what we currently pay Verizon, resulting in a $20,000ish per year savings. So unless Verizon steps up to the place and cuts pricing... guess who is now in charge of possibly spearheading a effort to switch to T-Mobile from Verizon!

My major issue is that basically no one in our area has T-Mobile. (Southern and Central Indiana) It is basically completely unheard of here as is Sprint. Verizon and ATT dominate.
At least they are sending us a test device so I can have one of our traveling salespeople do a bit of surveying for me. I don't trust coverage maps at all because they are usually 90% bullshit. $20k in savings is no good if the service doesn't work anywhere.

Looks like we might possibly have a bunch of devices to replace as well.

How fun.

T-Mobile can and does assist with transition costs for it's b2b/Corp liable customers and also has a professional implementation team that does the hardware as well as back end rollout for you.

Sprints HQ is a few hours drive from Indiana so I assure you their Midwest presence is probably greater than you think

Anyway , to anybody paying enough to have a savings of 20k annually , saving 20k annually is like zilch of the operating budget and not a reason to change carriers. Most T-Mobile b2b reps in the country will be aware of this I assure you lol.

Also, verizon and att are losing so many deals they're price matching our proposals with regularity now so at worst , get some negotiating leverage.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Charles posted:

I've wanted to try t-mobile for a while, but am leaving for Europe tomorrow. If I signed up and immediately used international roaming, would I get booted? Is there a 30 day trial window?

We did the same thing when we originally switched a few years ago, I couldn’t find anyone who could give me a definitive answer or point me to a policy at the time. Our first month had a bunch of international data.

Just anecdotally they did not seem to care at all, but we stuck with them.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
My family (6 lines) is still on the base tier 1GB a month Simple Choice plan w/ grandfathered T-Mobile Advantage discount through my employer. I'm looking at switching to the Essentials plan. It looks like I won't get to keep my Advantage discount, but if I port us off of T-Mobile onto AT&T for a month or two and get that employee discount (23%) then I can port back to T-Mobile and they'll then match the AT&T discount?

I hate stupid stuff like that where the best deal is to leave and then come back, but if the end result is getting unlimited data for essentially the same price as I pay for 1GB now I guess it might be worth the hassle.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Essentials plan is infrequently worth it compared to Magenta, depending on what state you live in this is compounded because while magenta plan has taxes included in the quote- essentials plan does not include any of your taxes in price

i would do a side by side feature and cost comparison of both magenta plan and essential including the taxes youd be on the hook for. 99.9% of the time magenta is better for my individual liable/small business customers.

you might also have an issue getting the discount match to work since if i'm being honest, they basically told everybody in the company not to actually do it- it also makes your account ineligible for a bunch of poo poo, ie, its not a real discount program, it exists solely to please DOJ regulators et al.

tldr, your plan wont work the way you want it to, probably, but its actually even more a pain in the rear end than you thought

i'm pretty reasonably senior in tmobile and have 15 years experience in the industry.. if you actually want to do a bill review with me real quick i will. i'm on FMLA leave right now so i've got some free time :shrug:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

BeastOfExmoor posted:

My family (6 lines) is still on the base tier 1GB a month Simple Choice plan w/ grandfathered T-Mobile Advantage discount through my employer. I'm looking at switching to the Essentials plan. It looks like I won't get to keep my Advantage discount, but if I port us off of T-Mobile onto AT&T for a month or two and get that employee discount (23%) then I can port back to T-Mobile and they'll then match the AT&T discount?

I hate stupid stuff like that where the best deal is to leave and then come back, but if the end result is getting unlimited data for essentially the same price as I pay for 1GB now I guess it might be worth the hassle.

ATT has the 23% discount listed, but it doesn’t apply to any of their unlimited plans. I don’t know what “matching” T-Mobile does, but I would bet they won’t match unless it shows on the bill, and the discount won’t show on an ATT (or Verizon) bill.

For better or worse (worse), carriers effectively killed work discounts minus military and first responders.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

No real reason to bet, heres the document pertaining to the verification/match process: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39814

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Statutory Ape posted:

tldr, your plan wont work the way you want it to, probably, but its actually even more a pain in the rear end than you thought

i'm pretty reasonably senior in tmobile and have 15 years experience in the industry.. if you actually want to do a bill review with me real quick i will. i'm on FMLA leave right now so i've got some free time :shrug:

Thanks, that's the kind insight I was looking for. I'll skip if it's going to be a PITA without a high chance of working.

I'll have to get a copy of the actual bill, but I think we average something like $25 a line right now for Simple Choice and since not everyone on the plan uses much data its not a particularly easy sell to get them to want to pay more.

Maybe I'll just see if it's possible to upgrade individual lines on Simple Choice to higher data levels.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

T-mobile has a BOGO on new lines right now. Get an additional line and get another one free with bill credits. It's very tempting as I want to get my son a line and could potentially use the other down the road (or convert my business line to it). These free line deals don't seem to come up that often, but don't they often come up with a new device launch like the new iPhone? Wonder if it makes better sense to hold tight and get a free line and upgrade my wife's iPhone at the same time. Just no idea of the deals to come, like everyone else.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-40785?cmpid=CRM_SS_C_19ADDALINE_JM1Y1WRIH5BV4AZ0049540

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

TraderStav posted:

T-mobile has a BOGO on new lines right now. Get an additional line and get another one free with bill credits. It's very tempting as I want to get my son a line and could potentially use the other down the road (or convert my business line to it). These free line deals don't seem to come up that often, but don't they often come up with a new device launch like the new iPhone? Wonder if it makes better sense to hold tight and get a free line and upgrade my wife's iPhone at the same time. Just no idea of the deals to come, like everyone else.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-40785?cmpid=CRM_SS_C_19ADDALINE_JM1Y1WRIH5BV4AZ0049540

New device launch promos are generally “buy 1 device, add a line, get 1 device free”

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Maneki Neko posted:

New device launch promos are generally “buy 1 device, add a line, get 1 device free”

Ah, so not generally a free line with the second device. So at an estimated $750 value for the device its equivalent to three treats at $20/month. Hmmm.

Thanks!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Someone who works at TMobile hook me up with this

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/home-internet-pilot

My crazy landlord won't allow cable to be run to this apartment in SoCal so I have copper ADSL internet that was good in 1999

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Goodpancakes posted:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Goodpancakes posted:

My crazy landlord won't allow cable to be run to this apartment in SoCal so I have copper ADSL internet that was good in 1999

oh man sign me up :eyepop:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Man those press releases are bordering on parody.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

GutBomb posted:

Man those press releases are bordering on parody.

they’re just trying to disrupt the satire industry too

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

From a future promotions standpoint, should I be concerned about having my plan changed to a 'Family Match' plan? I'm taking advantage of the BOGO line deal right now, but MY Simple Choice plan is not eligible. They want to move me to another plan that is basically the same but don't want to box myself out.

I currently have:
$80 pre-tax
Simple Choice 6GB (but my voice lines just were upgraded to unlimited out of the blue)
2 Voice lines
2 Free tablet lines from the Black friday deal a few years ago

Here's what they want to move me to:
$100 pre-tax
Family Match 6GB
2 Voice lines at Unlimited data
2 Voice lines MAYBE at Unlimited data, but 6gb if not (fine by me)
2 Free table lines as above

Thoughts? Deal looks fantastic on the surface, but future deals like upgrading my iPhone at Costco or other promotions down the road.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Goodpancakes posted:

If this is any good (the cell towers have to be served by somebody, too), it would be really good for my friend who gets 0.5mbps on average. Yuck.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Goodpancakes posted:

I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Where I live, I have to pay like $105 for 100 Mbps, or like $70 for something lovely like 15 Mbps. Nothing close for in between. If people give positive reviews for this, I'm jumping ship in a heart beat assuming it ever comes to our location.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ijii posted:

I'll be keeping a close eye on this. Where I live, I have to pay like $105 for 100 Mbps, or like $70 for something lovely like 15 Mbps. Nothing close for in between. If people give positive reviews for this, I'm jumping ship in a heart beat assuming it ever comes to our location.

Pretty much my situation too. Somewhat higher speeds but a similar gently caress-you in terms of pay a lot for some speed, or pay nearly as much for fuckall speed.

If nothing else it could be a solution to get you by for a month or two before going back to the cable company as a new customer.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Can we change the thread title? Legere is a piece of poo poo that we shouldn't be glorifying, even in jest.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
“Sure our CEO supports Trump, but so does every other CEO”

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I think the CEO just probably doesn't want to be instantly fired for costing the company the merger by pissing into an already lovely political climate since realistically this merger should never happen, but in this weird world .. actually probably will

Except Sprint has literally gone out of their way to ensure their business will fail. I used to lose deals to Verizon for coverage or for their more advanced wireless / non phone corporate/enterprise stuff.

I'm losing deals to Sprint because they're just not even charging people for service or hardware. These are 5/6 figure deals they're just not bothering to charge subscribers for. The whole industry is lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So T-Mobile is allows you to swap your sim line to eSIM if your phone supports it except no one know how to do it. I’m at a store and they weren’t given a heads up so they have no idea. So we call customer care and they don’t know. The expert keeps trying to point to the eSIM app but that’s only for prepaid.

So yeah this has been fun so far.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So T-Mobile is allows you to swap your sim line to eSIM if your phone supports it except no one know how to do it. I’m at a store and they weren’t given a heads up so they have no idea. So we call customer care and they don’t know. The expert keeps trying to point to the eSIM app but that’s only for prepaid.

So yeah this has been fun so far.

I got mine done last week through the chat in the app. Went smooth as hell. Recommend being on WiFi so that you can maintain connectivity during the transition.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

As an employee I have also learned for my own stuff that the chat people do get poo poo done

I do not usually like to call the call center. Imo they treat employee accounts with some disdain

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TraderStav posted:

I got mine done last week through the chat in the app. Went smooth as hell. Recommend being on WiFi so that you can maintain connectivity during the transition.

We ended up doing this in store and ended taking 5 minutes. Copy the eSIM ID to chat, verify the pin they send you and they swap the sim for eSIM immediately. Then on your phone you go to add cellular plan and your plan will show up there an option. No need for a QR code.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Unrelated to anything, and probably uninteresting to most, but I just met John Legere on the street in downtown Bellevue, WA. He was dressed head to toe in t mobile swag.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

5TonsOfFlax posted:

Unrelated to anything, and probably uninteresting to most, but I just met John Legere on the street in downtown Bellevue, WA. He was dressed head to toe in t mobile swag.

I used to think he just dressed up like that for the Twitter posts but then he showed up at my former university in a loving helicopter and strolled the campus in full magenta.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
No real details yet... but Legere tweeted out that there will be some sort of trade in deal for up to 50% new iPhones. Wondering what phones qualify for 50% off.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

If the 7 is included I might be tempted. I was going to hold off on a new phone this year because it seems like most of the cool features will be in the 2020 iPhone.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

TheManWithNoName posted:

If the 7 is included I might be tempted. I was going to hold off on a new phone this year because it seems like most of the cool features will be in the 2020 iPhone.

According to this, all the way back to iPhone 7 gives you half off an iPhone 11, you need an XS to get half off the Pro:

https://www.tmonews.com/2019/09/t-mobile-iphone-11-trade-in-deal-half-off/

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Not a horrible upgrade path if you went from the 6 to the free 7, then half off to the 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Yeah, I think I’m going to go ahead and do it. I checked craigslist and can’t find anywhere near $350 for a 32gb iPhone 7.

I’ll probably end up giving the 11 to my wife and take her XR since I don’t really care about the camera, and the other features seem incremental.