Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

My hot take: pumpkin is the worst of the pie fillings. It’s a god drat vegetable. Even sweet potato is preferable!!!

Pie power ranking

1) Cherry
2) Apple
3) Pecan
4) Lemon Meringue
5) Peach
456) Key Lime
457) Rhubarb
458) Sweet potato
459) Pumpkin

:colbert:

:wrong:

Number 1 pie will always be a Pizza Pie. ya stoopid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
When I was pretty young my aunt made a key lime cheese cake and called it key lime pie. Actual key lime pie was forever ruined for me that day.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Not a big fan of either the costco cheesecake or pumpkin pie. The tuxedo cake is good (if not very very rich) though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

Strawberry-rhubarb is top choice. Terrible list.

Agreed

Strawberry rhubarb is the loving best. If you’ve never had a good strawberry rhubarb pie, your life is incomplete

I’ll also second Costco pumpkin pie kinda loving sucks. The crust feels way undercooked and soggy and doesn’t have the nice crispy golden brown that a good crust should have. The filling doesn’t have enough spices in it and tastes bland

And honestly pumpkin pie is loving piss easy to make as far as pies go

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
costco pumpkin pie is great because it's like $8 for 6 lbs of pie. you make the kids eat that while the grownups eat the homemade forbidden pies (like pecan). the first time i really felt like a grownup was not when i turned 18, graduated, got married, started a career job, had kids, or bought a house. it's when i realized i liked pecan pie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A good strawberry-rhubarb is a fantastic pie, but so is a really good pecan baked with bourbon.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Apple pie with cheddar cheese baked in is the ultimate pie.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You guys are all wrong. The best kind of pie is chicken pot pie. I'm so happy that Costco started making them again. As a man who lives alone it's great to buy a Costco chicken pot pie and have that be all my meals for like 4 days.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Jingleheimer posted:

You guys are all wrong. The best kind of pie is chicken pot pie. I'm so happy that Costco started making them again. As a man who lives alone it's great to buy a Costco chicken pot pie and have that be all my meals for like 4 days.

poo poo this is a good rear end idea, thanks

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I have served Costco key lime pie at several major events of my life. I have never been disappointed.

Pershing fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 12, 2019

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Jingleheimer posted:

Wait. Costco makes a giant chicken pot pie? I may need to investigate this.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Whenever a friend or employee has a death in the family I include one of those chicken pot pies in my care package. Feeds a thousand people, is stupid simple to make, and is delicious and comforting.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TraderStav posted:

Whenever a friend or employee has a death in the family I include one of those chicken pot pies in my care package. Feeds a thousand people, is stupid simple to make, and is delicious and comforting.

that is actually a really good idea. homemade stuff that people bring over can be hit or miss, and surprises suck when you just need comfort food

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ugh, now just gotta wait for someone I know to die so I can comfort the grieving family

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Agreed on the costco pumpking pie being extremly plain and too watery/soggy. But now I must buy a gigantic chicken pot pie on my next trip.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Apple pie with cheddar cheese baked in is the ultimate pie.

This is some Wisconsin rear end poo poo

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Inspector 34 posted:

Ugh, now just gotta wait for someone I know to die so I can comfort the grieving family

This, but unironically. Be ready to take good care of those around you when the real bad poo poo hits and you're unaffected.

Also those Rice Krispie treat boxes are gold.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Inspector 34 posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I had a raspberry-apple pie from a local baker recently and it ruined all other pie for me.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I drop slices of the Costco pie into a blender with my milk and vanilla protein powder.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

TheKingslayer posted:

I drop slices of the Costco pie into a blender with my milk and vanilla protein powder.

This guy fucks.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best pie filling is oreo cream and chocolate pudding. I am a huge child.

Though pizza does meet the definition of pie.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Renegret posted:

I had a raspberry-apple pie from a local baker recently and it ruined all other pie for me.

This sounds loving amazing.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

We have a place in Michigan (Grand Traverse Pie Company) that makes an amazing four-berry pie with a crumble crust that is just outstanding.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone here use the Costco auto insurance? They keep sending me offers and stuff, right now I’ve got Geico.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Bought the Costco cheesecake last weekend and it's...acceptable. The texture is nice, it's not too dense, but it's lacking a little tanginess. The "sour cream" topping is missing any sort of tang I would expect from sour cream. Definitely needs some sort of acidity to go along with it and the blueberry compote my wife made (from a bag of frozen Costco blueberries, PBUC) was great on it.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

This is some Wisconsin rear end poo poo

It's Vermont as gently caress, too, which is the other, smaller Wisconsin.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Fly Molo posted:

Does anyone here use the Costco auto insurance? They keep sending me offers and stuff, right now I’ve got Geico.

It's Ameriprise and they seem decent.

I tried to get a homeowners insurance quote and they refuse to insure my house unless I have an alarm system or fire sprinklers :confused:

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
How does the P&G offer work? You buy $100 of P&G products and get a $25 Costco cash card... at the register? Via mail in rebate? I am a Costco noob :ohdear:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Pump Jockey posted:

How does the P&G offer work? You buy $100 of P&G products and get a $25 Costco cash card... at the register? Via mail in rebate? I am a Costco noob :ohdear:

It's a mail in rebate kind of thing. You might be able to do it online as well, but I know for a fact that you can't redeem it at the store.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

Self quoting. I switched from Geico and saved lots of bucks.

canyoneer posted:

I also just switched my car and home insurance through Costco's program. Saved $680/yr, that was going from $1800/yr to $1100 for identical coverage. :eyepop:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You guys don't put that there COOL WHIP on top of your pumpkin pies? No wonder none of you like it. More pie for me I guess.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

You guys don't put that there COOL WHIP on top of your pumpkin pies? No wonder none of you like it. More pie for me I guess.
cool whip isn’t food

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Fly Molo posted:

I have it and their rates were way better than Geico or Progressive. I had Geico prior and they wanted $550/6 months or so for 100/300/100 and $1000 Coll/$250 Comp. With Ameriprise I get the same with rental 40/1200 for a shade less than $300. Claims service wasn't too bad either.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 12, 2019

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
FFFF there's a sectional that's like $750 ($1100 on the website) in my warehouse, I'm hoping against hope that there will still be some left Saturday when I have a truck available. This one is going to be a photo finish if it works out at all.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

david_a posted:

cool whip isn’t food

:mad:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Hoshi posted:

FFFF there's a sectional that's like $750 ($1100 on the website) in my warehouse, I'm hoping against hope that there will still be some left Saturday when I have a truck available. This one is going to be a photo finish if it works out at all.

Rent a truck from Home Depot or Lowe's. It's like $30 for 4 hours and it's a big flatbed that's easy to load and unload

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
The Costco pumpkin pie isn't my favorite but the pumpkin CHEESEcake. My god, it's full of stars.

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
Brethren,

Lo and behold Mecca. After a meeting at the holiest of chapels at thine sacred headquarters, I about faced only to find a missionary facility serving up the dog of our lord. PBUC. dog, onion, mustard, and a Pepsi. Hallow be free refill.

High_Life fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

canyoneer posted:

Rent a truck from Home Depot or Lowe's. It's like $30 for 4 hours and it's a big flatbed that's easy to load and unload

I simplified it but the reality is I'm moving to a new apartment that day and the place in currently at doesn't have storage for it, and I couldn't find anywhere to store it for a couple days.

I'm taking it on the chin, if I end up with something more expensive at least I'll get more points for it