Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Spiderdrake posted:

Shock the Goose

this sounds like a sex thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Arglebargle III posted:

If you don't buy the Kaya AV you've outed yourself as racist already.

I'll stick with Idris Elba, thanks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/jay13x/status/1172159815394693120?s=21

Is Kaya originally from Eldraine? She could be related to the queen

It's funny how even in a fantasy universe white people assume that all mulatto people are related

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/AndrewCuneo/status/1172181434813026304?s=09

ewwwwwww

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Doltos posted:

It's funny how even in a fantasy universe white people assume that all mulatto people are related

Dude I’m not white and mulatto has been recognized as a slur since like 2010, what the gently caress are you talking about

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm afraid if you cannot bolt the bird it's just not real Magic.

Sadly I've only been able to shock the monkey

Hello Esper Control

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

zoux posted:

Sadly I've only been able to shock the monkey

Hello Esper Control

I can't tell if you think that would be really good in or against esper control.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it would be good in the sideboard for esper control against whatever rakdos/gruul creature tempo builds develop

e: non creature :doh: I read it as creature. SO OBVIOOUSY TERRIBLE FOR ESPER CONTROL

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
That's definitely something any deck which involves white can put in their sideboard to go against basically any Izzet build.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Unless there's another infinite combo deck that becomes popular I don't see Deafening Silence getting played in Standard, sideboard or not.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It completely blanks Phoenix and also owns Feather so...

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Eej posted:

it also means control decks can't opt and counter something, or draw into a board clear and cast it. Just kind of cramps their style while you just jam creature after creature.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

zoux posted:

I think it would be good in the sideboard for esper control against whatever rakdos/gruul creature tempo builds develop

e: non creature :doh: I read it as creature. SO OBVIOOUSY TERRIBLE FOR ESPER CONTROL
I was about to ask how high you were.

It's more like phoenix be gone.

Bust Rodd posted:

Dude I’m not white and mulatto has been recognized as a slur since like 2010, what the gently caress are you talking about
How does it feel to be accused as white

by someone dropping racial slurs even?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Eej posted:

It doesn't really own Feather and Phoenix won't be a deck anymore without Chart a Course and Tormenting Voice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So the whole core set is rotating out in a few days? Sorry I just started up and wanna know if I should even bother getting packs at this point

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So the whole core set is rotating out in a few days? Sorry I just started up and wanna know if I should even bother getting packs at this point

The Ixalan sets + M19 + Dominaria are rotating out in like 2 weeks. All other sets are good for at least a year.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Core 2019 and Core 2020 are completely discrete entities just to be clear

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Core 2019 and earlier is rotating out. Everything after Core 2019 is still in Standard.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
OKay cool. The first pack I got before seeing the "ROTATION IN 14 DAYS" thing had a Planes walker so I'm just glad I get to keep the neat card even if it might be bad

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Huxley posted:

Yeah, I can't fault them too much for wanting to prioritize and incentivize the play pattern most likely to keep them in a job.

So 2:1 is a slim bummer, but it is a problem a wallet can solve if I want it to badly enough, so it'll all work out one way or another.
Honest question, how do you plan to solve a wildcard problem with your wallet? You can't buy those.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Buy packs. I wonder what the average number of R/MR WCs you pull/earn from opening a 45 pack bundle

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

If you don't buy the Kaya AV you've outed yourself as racist already.

I’m not racist. My favorite avatar is Teferi.

(Actually, my favorite was when you could randomize avatars)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bust Rodd posted:

the title of this thread also has a slur in it, maybe they thought it was a safe space to be a shithead?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

zoux posted:

Buy packs. I wonder what the average number of R/MR WCs you pull/earn from opening a 45 pack bundle
Guaranteed 6/1, which is really lovely return on value. Needing to buy 90 packs to get a single Historic MR isn't exactly viable.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CapnAndy posted:

Honest question, how do you plan to solve a wildcard problem with your wallet? You can't buy those.

you can buy a rare wildcard for 1200 gems, and a mythic for 6000 gems, and you get the byproduct of 6/30 boosters worth of cards on top of that, including possibly more wildcards

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I just want the ability to make whatever card art I want into an avatar

So I can have my avatar be whatever the poo poo has been going on here since 1996

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Guaranteed 6/1, which is really lovely return on value. Needing to buy 90 packs to get a single Historic MR isn't exactly viable.

Well, if you only got the value from the wheel, yeah, but I usually pull a couple more than that from packs in a 45. Plus you know, all the cards you get

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lone Goat posted:

the title of this thread also has a slur in it, maybe they thought it was a safe space to be a shithead?

I don't think this as what you mean, but I went back and forth on the title (it's a reference to a TV show).

On like page 2 someone posted "Teferi godmother" and I immediately wished I had thought of it, instead, but I think only mods can change titles.

Some mod, feel free.

CapnAndy posted:

And yeah, I meant "If I want to buy into Historic badly enough, there's at least a price tag and not a hard wall."

I seriously doubt I'm going to be willing to do it, of course. I figure so long as I'm still playing, I'm going to collect the kinds of cards I enjoy playing. If a Historic deck pops up that runs a bunch of cards I don't have, there's a reasonable chance I'm not going to enjoy it.

This screws anyone joining the game new, and that's also a huge bummer. I hope they have a plan in place so it isn't just a FYGM format.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 12, 2019

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

qbert posted:

It doesn't really own Feather and Phoenix won't be a deck anymore without Chart a Course and Tormenting Voice.

IMO, Feather's not going to be a deck anymore once it loses Reckless Rage. At least, not the Boros version. Thrash//Threat doesn't really replace it because it's not friendly to Dreadhorde Arcanist bouncing and has damage issues in the early game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Khizan posted:

IMO, Feather's not going to be a deck anymore once it loses Reckless Rage. At least, not the Boros version. Thrash//Threat doesn't really replace it because it's not friendly to Dreadhorde Arcanist bouncing and has damage issues in the early game.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Huxley posted:

Some mod, feel free.
What's the specific title you want? "Adventures with your Teferi Godmother" or something? I bet PMing Beet Wagon would work, dude is pretty chill and I think he's a games mod now that SCAM is being removed.

Doesn't seem as good as the other two three black three drops, but it's legit in a knights deck I guess

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 12, 2019

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Huxley posted:

I don't think this as what you mean, but I went back and forth on the title (it's a reference to a TV show).

On like page 2 someone posted "Teferi godmother" and I immediately wished I had thought of it, instead, but I think only mods can change titles.

Some mod, feel free.

I approve of the thread title because Charlie is an idiot and WotC are acting like idiots by loving up wildcards in Historic so it fits perfectly.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Spiderdrake posted:

Doesn't seem as good as the other two three black three drops, but it's legit in a knights deck I guess

I love these effects because they get around deathtouch which always results in furious card hovering.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

This really doesn't work anywhere near as well because most of feather's creatures won't actually win that fight but will easily take 2 to deal 4. Maybe if it runs that red equipment knight instead of adanto?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Even though Charlie can't read the cards he still intuitively determines what the cards do based on the illustrations. He goes on to make a fortune on the pro MTG circuit, only to blow all the winnings on an ebay auction for "Real Dragon Meat".

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Spiderdrake posted:

What's the specific title you want?

Funky Valentine posted:

MTG Arena: Adventure Time With Fblthp and Jace

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What did I do? :confused:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Even though Charlie can't read the cards he still intuitively determines what the cards do based on the illustrations. He goes on to make a fortune on the pro MTG circuit, only to blow all the winnings on an ebay auction for "Real Dragon Meat".

"The Gang Goes to Vegas GP" would be a hell of an episode. Frank loses $500,000 gambling on Alpha packs; Dee gets repeated compliments on her bird cosplay; and Mac and Dennis get scammed by Timmy's Emporium and left for dead on the outskirts of town.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mulatto is a slur now? How about quadroon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

That is so much worse than Reckless Rage. It costs 2, is only Sorcery speed, and none of the creatures in Feather are Knights so it will usually not deal 4 to the opposing creature. You'd also have to make sure your own creature survives the fight.