Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

lol this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Mike Winters does some quality work.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Powershift posted:

It's because the Liberal's don't care about the left wing enough to even notice it exists :rimshot:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/first-time-homebuyers-liberal-announcement-1.5280751

quote:

Under the current terms of the program, a buyer qualifies for assistance only if the total value of the mortgage, plus the CMHC's portion, does not exceed $480,000. Trudeau announced today that ceiling will increase to $789,000 for certain hot markets such as Victoria, Vancouver and the Greater Toronto Area.

just loving kill me.

make it look like an accident or whatever, but just get it over with

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
789k mortgage that’s a spicy meatball

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

789k mortgage that’s a spicy meatball

Gotta make sure those first time home buyers in loving Victoria making $120k a year can buy a $780k house.

absolute joke of a loving country

quote:

"Young people hoping to buy a first home, as their parents did a generation ago, are facing a tough housing market," Trudeau said during a campaign event in Victoria.

The March budget earmarked $1.25 billion over three years for the new mortgage plan. Trudeau noted that the Conservatives voted against the measure.

run by an absolute loving twat

If your mortage isn't half of your take-home, are you even a real canadian? should you even be allowed to vote?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

broke: old stock canadains
woke: housing stock canadians

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
One Billion Dollars for people making 150k+

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
I much prefer this policy:

Federal NDP's proposed 'super-wealth tax' could raise $70B over 10 years, budget watchdog finds

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Powershift posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/first-time-homebuyers-liberal-announcement-1.5280751

just loving kill me.

make it look like an accident or whatever, but just get it over with

This is a colossal gently caress you to anyone who failed the recent round (2yrs ago?) of mortgage stress tests

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another Bill posted:

This is a colossal gently caress you to anyone who failed the recent round (2yrs ago?) of mortgage stress tests

This is a colossal gently caress you to anybody except ~100,000 liberal voters in Toronto and vancouver

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I prefer this one:

To me the brutalist stuff is a selling point.

Beats the poo poo out of the GTA's glass monstrosities.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Virtual Russian posted:

er.... those glass monstrosities are recent additions. we got the same centennial brutalist wave, they've just built stuff here since 67

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It is the Pipeline Party's position that the Guillotine's shall have maple leaf shaped holes, and the head bucket shall be filled with poutine sauce.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Virtual Russian posted:

There's nothing more that I hate than brutalism architecture. Heading downtown edmonton is like having the life sucked out of you.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:chanpop:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Jun 20, 2021

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

There's nothing more that I hate than brutalism architecture. Heading downtown edmonton is like having the life sucked out of you.

hey at least its visually cohesive. I'm gonna feel that way either way.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like Arthur Erickson’s brutalist stuff :colbert: philistines

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

god, singh is such a loving moron

and scheer is doing a ridiculous power pose behind the podum

and you can hear police sirens

loving joke of a country

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Powershift posted:

god, singh is such a loving moron

and scheer is doing a ridiculous power pose behind the podum

and you can hear police sirens

loving joke of a country

Wait are they at the CityTV studios bc I'm literally across the street waiting to see a movie right now

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Another Bill posted:

Wait are they at the CityTV studios bc I'm literally across the street waiting to see a movie right now

press ham

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another Bill posted:

go punch scheer in the dick

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

N O T H I N G B U R G E R

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just want to see Singh answer something with anything but a pre-rehearsed statement

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

how shiny is his suit tho

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

priznat posted:

how shiny is his suit tho

it's p.dang spiffy, the bright blue turban accenting is :discourse:

scheer looks peak tory

Jehde has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Sep 13, 2019

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

priznat posted:

I like Arthur Erickson’s brutalist stuff :colbert: philistines

I take it you've never visited sfu

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

half cocaine posted:

I take it you've never visited sfu

sfu is probably the best (positive) example of brutalist architecture, given its pairing with a mountain forest park

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Jehde posted:

sfu is probably the best (positive) example of brutalist architecture, given its pairing with a mountain forest park

Jehde posted:

yeah in theory. like every other loving starchitect concept

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

I loving love our brutalist architecture in downtown Winnipeg, especially night time in the dead of winter. There's something especially reassuring and homey about the biting cold, the lights reflecting off the snow and the stark concrete juxtaposed with the planetarium dome with the smell of rancid beer puke wafting from a nearby bus shack.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Powershift posted:

I just want to see Singh answer something with anything but a pre-rehearsed statement

Elizabeth May has never rehearsed anything.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Powershift posted:

Gotta make sure those first time home buyers in loving Victoria making $120k a year can buy a $780k house.

absolute joke of a loving country

run by an absolute loving twat

If your mortage isn't half of your take-home, are you even a real canadian? should you even be allowed to vote?

as a first time home buyer in Toronto, $780 is loving insanity. I bought for WAY less than that

and I’m not just mad because I don’t get to benefit from this admittedly bullshit policy gift to developers

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

a primate posted:

as a first time home buyer in Toronto, $780 is loving insanity. I bought for WAY less than that

and I’m not just mad because I don’t get to benefit from this admittedly bullshit policy gift to developers

The government owns a percentage of the house with this incentive so really Trudeau is just nationalizing the housing market faster. Minus points but still the #1 conservative option

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

it’s insane that the Canadian retirement plan has become entirely dependent on home equity, and now the federal government wants to subsidize an over-valued industry just so the whole house of cards doesn’t collapse and throw out everyone on their rear end

welcome to hellworld

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Only until our oil exports pay for us to transition to a green economy

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

"is elizabeth may drunk" was one of the google trends :lol:

also: people really caring about scheer's height for some reason

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Postess with the Mostest posted:

The government owns a percentage of the house with this incentive so really Trudeau is just nationalizing the housing market faster. Minus points but still the #1 conservative option

weird. now the government is essentially buying shares in this devil market, doubling down on the mistakes of the past

also giving an unfair advantage in the market to people who buy after the policy is enacted

just... libs

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Jehde posted:

also: people really caring about scheer's height for some reason

If anyone had half a brain and wanted to stop the chuds they'd latch onto this and run attack ads about him being a manlet and maybe how he hates trucks because they're too hard to climb into, possibly leak a picture of him getting into a Prius.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

a primate posted:

weird. now the government is essentially buying shares in this devil market, doubling down on the mistakes of the past

also giving an unfair advantage in the market to people who buy after the policy is enacted

just... libs

Yeah, it heavily incents whoever forms the next government to keep it propped up too, it's kind of devious. Cons can't go full austerity because it'll crash housing and the government will lose a ton of money and their budget will be unbalanced. Trudeau is austerity proofing us from the worst conservatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Jehde posted:

I saw the new SUB, right across from the insanely brutal WAC Bennett Library, and it's way too bright and glassy. Those kids might start to get hope. What they should have done instead is build a second, identical, WAC Bennett Library across from the existing one. Consider this artistic rendering I made.

See? Symmetry! Beautiful.