Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

That actually seems in line with actual arts & crafts books I have seen in actual libraries. They're never normal paperback size cause they have big illustrations and such.

Yeah, fair. Although I reserve the right to think that's coincidence.

Speaking of, that lazy fucker said he was going to go back to a 5-a-week schedule once his sprog was back at school and yet https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1171104956448935937

where's the next bloody page, MOOKIE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I admit to having never looked at what Mookie looked like, and, honestly, I thought he'd look more like Dominic.

He looks like my mom's ex-boyfriend who worked in a music store and lived in the attic above it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He is Very Stereotypical Metalhead but more to the point I don't think he's aged at all since he started posting his face alongside the comic. Looks exactly like he did 15 years ago.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"In exchange for eternal youth, you will be cursed to produce a mediocre we..."
"DEAL"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not gonna lie if all it took was drawing a poo poo webcomic that's entertaining to be mocked I would probably take that deal too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

He looks way better without those ugly glasses he used to wear.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

PMush Perfect posted:

I admit to having never looked at what Mookie looked like, and, honestly, I thought he'd look more like Dominic.

He looks like my mom's ex-boyfriend who worked in a music store and lived in the attic above it.

There was some filler art he did a long time ago during DD's run that got laugh at a lot. It was a drawing he did of how moved he was when he got a standing ovation for a panel he did on writing realistic heroes and villains at a con, and yeah he drew himself like Dominic and probably did look more like him then. But getting into metal Does Things to you (spiritually).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

There was some filler art he did a long time ago during DD's run that got laugh at a lot. It was a drawing he did of how moved he was when he got a standing ovation for a panel he did on writing realistic heroes and villains at a con, and yeah he drew himself like Dominic and probably did look more like him then. But getting into metal Does Things to you (spiritually).

Hahahaha I forgot about that. Sadly the new archive system is dogshit so I can't speed through it quickly to find it, but you're right when he drew himself he was just Dominic with slightly longer hair.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheHan posted:

Oh my god are we really spending a week’s worth or more of pages watching him make a new shirt.

TBF that's only two pages and then a recap diary page.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Earlier when trying to find if Mookie has a Twitter account I had to go via star power because he doesn't mention it on the deegan site, and got autoblocked by my system warning me of a potential malware site

https://twitter.com/starpowercomic/status/1171394217417093125

I know it's hardly his fault per se but lol what a schoolboy error.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tesseraction posted:

He is Very Stereotypical Metalhead but more to the point I don't think he's aged at all since he started posting his face alongside the comic. Looks exactly like he did 15 years ago.

Life imitates art.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Who What Now posted:

Dear Diary,

[Undated Entry]

Today I made a shirt out of a leaf, but I still don't know what happened to the Ink Witch or to Dominic Deegan 200 years ago.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Who What Now posted:

Imagine Bender’s SOS from Futurama but in webcomic format.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Mercifully the new shirt saga ended in only a week's worth of pages.

Now begins the cave renovation saga.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Post the toilet, Deegan.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Ok now I'm getting convinced Mookie is reading this thread and intentionally making this comic just to troll us

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ok now I'm getting convinced Mookie is reading this thread and intentionally making this comic just to troll us
If he were trying to troll us, snout would encounter evil trolls from the realm of umthing sawful and throw acid in their faces or something. I don't think he has the patience for something like that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Invisible Clergy posted:

If he were trying to troll us, snout would encounter evil trolls from the realm of umthing sawful and throw acid in their faces or something. I don't think he has the patience for something like that.
:hmmyes:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

TheHan posted:

Looking forward to Grovercave.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is his hair over his ears or not

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Dabir posted:

is his hair over his ears or not

It clips through them like a janky videogame so every frame it alternates.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I hope Dr. Robotnik comes and blows up his stupid cave apropos of nothing.

Also is he writing in his diary with a paintbrush? Where is he getting the paint?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I called it! He knows only we are reading and does this to hurt our brains.

Invisible Clergy posted:

If dongrel encounters a "Tosser Faction" we can adopt the tin foil hats.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheHan posted:

I just wanted to tell you that it's great that you post the pages here. The old thread was good because you didn't have to cross-reference posts with whatever comic page was the newest one when you were catching up later.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:eyepop:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Snout is Dominic, that's why the name means something to him.

The real question is: how long is it going to take him to get to Namek?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A very timely shirt.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GrossMurpel posted:

I just wanted to tell you that it's great that you post the pages here. The old thread was good because you didn't have to cross-reference posts with whatever comic page was the newest one when you were catching up later.

It also helps in case Mooksie boy tries to ninja edit a comic in retrospect.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

GrossMurpel posted:

Ain't no thang, maybe one day Dominic Deegan might be interesting again.

Tesseraction posted:

It also helps in case Mooksie boy tries to ninja edit a comic in retrospect.

I was pretty sure he'd fix up Snout's jacked up face in today's page but I guess that's just what he's supposed to look like!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

TheHan posted:

I was pretty sure he'd fix up Snout's jacked up face in today's page but I guess that's just what he's supposed to look like!

I appreciate the close-up, because I could never really tell what the weird hatching around Snout’s eyes was meant to be.

Now it’s pretty clear that they’re shadows cast by his eyeballs, which are located on the outside of his skull.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Deegangroins back in action. Look at that package

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Little Death posted:

Deegangroins back in action. Look at that package

This was something that became more noticeable after the original dong page, since there's now a visible disparity between his relatively humble girth and the big ol' crotch bulges drawn afterwards. Is he a grower not a show-er? Then is he constantly hornt while clothed?

Things I don't want to think about that Mookie has led me to thinking about.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Tesseraction posted:

This was something that became more noticeable after the original dong page, since there's now a visible disparity between his relatively humble girth and the big ol' crotch bulges drawn afterwards. Is he a grower not a show-er? Then is he constantly hornt while clothed?

It's the true Wild Edge.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Reminder that this story has the possibility of fully depicting a loving, consensual sex scene (Mookie is horny as gently caress so it's sure to happen). At this pace I'm thinking it'll probably be between Snout and his shirt.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, after seeing Mookie draw full dong it's kind of hard not to view Snout as a Tom of Finland horror.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Tesseraction posted:

Did somebody say :siren:D-D-D-DONG PAGE:siren:

Linked for slight dongage

I'm not big into sleeping nude, but I feel like if you had no sheets, no mattress and just a dirt floor to keep you warm, you wouldn't really strip off your comfy clothes to lay bare assed on stone.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's an eviction notice.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Oh my loving god.

Jesus Christ

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Wait, I'm not imagining it right? He's jerking off there and it's not in my head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm sure someone who knows comic layout better than I do could analyze it, but this page in particular strikes me as a horrible failure of storytelling and dramatic tension due to the pacing and panel choices.

SardonicTyrant posted:

Wait, I'm not imagining it right? He's jerking off there and it's not in my head?

You're imagining it. He fell asleep holding his ink brush.