Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm guessing it's too late to unlock collector for free if you find all the cards in GTA? Would be awesome if not, but that's why I ask. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Anyone know where Madam Nazar is today? Sucks that she moves around with no map marker.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I'm guessing it's too late to unlock collector for free if you find all the cards in GTA? Would be awesome if not, but that's why I ask. I dunno.

You can still do it. I just did it yesterday so there wasn't a "before the update" requirement or anything

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Reign Of Pain posted:

Anyone know where Madam Nazar is today? Sucks that she moves around with no map marker.

In my session she was in West Elizabeth, between the G and R of GREAT PLAINS on the map. I'm not sure when her location changes, though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

About how long does it take to get a response from R* about things like broken streaks and borked permanent posses? I've been hit with both those bugs and sent a support ticket in Wednesday. The first time I ever used customer support back in like 2013, it took 9 days to get a response.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey if any PS4 goons want to add me I've been playing on PS4.

Name: deathreaper1986

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
what's better to make money from hunting. donating to the trader dude or just selling to the butcher?

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Pigbottom posted:

what's better to make money from hunting. donating to the trader dude or just selling to the butcher?

I think since the trader job is tied to that guy now it makes sense that it would be more profitable long term through him?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Chello De Don posted:

I think since the trader job is tied to that guy now it makes sense that it would be more profitable long term through him?

seems like butcher is probably more profitable short term but better to do the trader stuff to level it up because it’s way more profitable long term with the large wagon. apparently the biggest goods wagon you can make like $645 per delivery

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Holy poo poo, well I know what role I'm grinding this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Thanks guys, I'll keep on going with the trader then.

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Mandrel posted:

seems like butcher is probably more profitable short term but better to do the trader stuff to level it up because it’s way more profitable long term with the large wagon. apparently the biggest goods wagon you can make like $645 per delivery

boy and here i am, like a loving chump, doing flower collecting

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pigbottom posted:

Thanks guys, I'll keep on going with the trader then.

I do both. I can get the trader full of supplies and then you take out the meatwagon and load it up with big pelts and whole carcasses - I think you can carry a total of 6 large pelts/carcasses on the mid size wagon. Like your horse there is no limit to the amount of regular size pelts. It takes Cripps sometime to make the poo poo you sell so you can still fill him up with plenty left over for the butcher

Also, don't give Cripps any feathers - they're hardly worth anything to him and you can sell them for good money at the butcher. You can also carry a lot more meat and materials(tusks, claws, ect...) in your satchel after you get upgrades which you can sell to the butcher since cripps doesn't use meat.

e: for some reason you can't throw a small gator on the wagon but you can throw big rear end fish in there(cripps don't take no fish though)

Chello De Don posted:

boy and here i am, like a loving chump, doing flower collecting

I run across so much poo poo from just hunting the collector stuff seems like a bonus when I find it.

Here's Madam Nazars location for today - north Big Valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OPLtYtBkw&t=39s

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 13, 2019

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Can you switch seamlessly between these roles? I'd like to give the trader a go and not screw up my bounty hunter progression.

On a side note, the Outlaw Pass progression is insanely easy - it's only 1K XP per level. I am already at 15 and I've only been at it a couple days, an hour or two a day.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Agent Burt Macklin posted:

Can you switch seamlessly between these roles? I'd like to give the trader a go and not screw up my bounty hunter progression.

On a side note, the Outlaw Pass progression is insanely easy - it's only 1K XP per level. I am already at 15 and I've only been at it a couple days, an hour or two a day.

Yeah, you can do them all at once. A lot of times I’ll make camp in the wilderness and hunt until I’ve got a full shipment, make a shipping run into town, then on my way out of town grab a bounty poster and go drag their rear end in. And always picking up any collectibles or exploring any suspiciously interesting places along the way where I usually find tarot cards or something. It’s very easy to blend all three roles

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

marshmallow creep posted:

About how long does it take to get a response from R* about things like broken streaks and borked permanent posses? I've been hit with both those bugs and sent a support ticket in Wednesday. The first time I ever used customer support back in like 2013, it took 9 days to get a response.

It, like all support teams, works a queue, oldest to newest. I imagine it may be larger due to the update.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So is it worth getting a medium-size wagon or just save up and get the large wagon as a trader? I really haven't done the math, so I'm curious if any of you have.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Super Foul Egg posted:

As far as I can tell it's persistent but on a very short cycle so people have to stay on top of the 'official' new location every few hours (saw someone mention 8?), seems like an okay compromise between total randomness and just looking up a location whenever you need a thing. Collectors need those fresh tipoffs!

Oh wow it had not clicked for me that it was going to be like this, drat.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Jimbot posted:

So is it worth getting a medium-size wagon or just save up and get the large wagon as a trader? I really haven't done the math, so I'm curious if any of you have.

Luckily the medium is required to unlock the large so no math required you pay big and always.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Super Foul Egg posted:

Luckily the medium is required to unlock the large so no math required you pay big and always.

:cry:

I am hoping that maaaaybe I have misunderstood the blue tokens. We use them to unlock the right to pay for additional perks and such?! I got all excited about grabbing the reinforced lasso only to use a token to unlock the ability to buy it for $350.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Just a heads up to the traders: You can drag a perfect bull moose to Cripps, but he won't take it. Gotta skin that thing and you only get 1 point of materials from the antlers and 4.50 from the skin :argh:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

From what I can see: anything that requires you to skin is a waste on Cripps. Sell it. Likewise birds, skin then sell them. Wolves, cougars, deer, proghorns, ect. seem to give the biggest boost. Hares are decent too, surprisingly.

But yeah, never donate feathers or horns, you get more from just selling them at butchers. People are doing the math on the reddit.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Once you get level 10 trader you get a bonus for each perfect carcass you give him. Without the bonus you would get 3.5 for a perfect rabbit but with its 4.88 iirc

Anyone know what the mystery vouchers are for? :iiam:

Oh and the metal detector cancels out you getting a vibration from the controller for anything but hidden treasures. I had it out and was standing right next to a Texas Bluebonnet and was getting nothing from the controller...as soon as I put it away it starting going off again

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 13, 2019

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
long haul deliveries can get ambushed and youll fail if the buyers die. The mob will also spawn and aggro kinda far from you so, as i just learned, the buyers will be dead before your cart gets within range to fight back if your moving solo

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Holy poo poo, the metal detector is amazing. Just ride around and watch as you level up Collector bananas fast. Not sure if the binoculars are any good, though. Folks on reddit say they're very underwhelming.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Also don't forget to sell duplicates of collectibles! Madam Nazar says she pays more for complete sets but poo poo you might as well sell duplicates of items you've found as you go.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Went to talk to the trader and the cutscene was taking forever so I sat my controller down, and when I picked it up I guess I hit L2 or whatever and now he took off and I have no idea where he is

Goddamnit R*

E: oh maybe he's back at camp? I hope so...

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 14, 2019

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Was gonna just check the new daily quests and go to bed but spawned next to a tarot card and went for a quick look around the area and already found Madam Nazar for today

She's right next to the elimination series icon in the NE of Blue Water Marsh

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm going mad out in the desert with my metal detector, so many hidden things out there.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Just mailed in my 1st couple of sets:

Weekly Sacred collection - 3 items - 70 bucks
Set of 9 birb eggs - 182.50

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Don't just stay in the yellow area in the Salvage Free Roam missions.....the collectibles are all over the place...even found a couple of guys guarding a chest with 2 items in it. As a matter of fact I did win that event :)

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Dick Jones posted:

In my session she was in West Elizabeth, between the G and R of GREAT PLAINS on the map. I'm not sure when her location changes, though.

Whatever mongoloid waterbrained infant decided to make an important NPC that travels across the map decided not to give said NPC a map marker, needs to be shot in the dick. Repeatedly. Forever.

Tip: Easy materials for trader - Set you camp in Bayou NWA, get a Hunting wagon, and fill that bitch up with gators/gator skins. 5 carcasses(small gators only can be picked up) and I haven't reached to limit for skins yet before Cripps runs out of supplies and I gotta go back but its ALOT. More than 12, I had 4 of each star skin in my wagon at the end of one night of hunting. Plus 4 hogs.

BE the walking extinction.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 15, 2019

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Is it worth spending time doing the GTA stuff? I played too much and looking at a map, scrawling out each card on a jpeg as i do em seems like a hassle if i can just do stuff in RDO and buy it this way along similar time investment.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Tip: Easy materials for trader - Set you camp in Bayou NWA, get a Hunting wagon, and fill that bitch up with gators/gator skins.

Crocs are easy kills but get relatively little return in terms of materials. For a trader tip that doesn't include being level 10 in trade, set up on some clear rolling plains like Heartlands and grab deer/bucks. You'll be maxed out in half an hour if you stash one while dragging another back with your lasso.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
poo poo, I've been walking carcasses back on foot with my horse following. Dragging the carcass doesn't lower the carcass quality?

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005

Diephoon posted:

poo poo, I've been walking carcasses back on foot with my horse following. Dragging the carcass doesn't lower the carcass quality?

As strange as it seems to hand in a perfect pelt that's spent the last ten minutes pinging off every tree in Cumberland Forest, it's been like that since release and if they were going to patch it out it probably would have come with the big update.

So it's probably here to stay. Might want to turn your pad's rumble off in the console settings first though!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Super Foul Egg posted:

Crocs are easy kills but get relatively little return in terms of materials. For a trader tip that doesn't include being level 10 in trade, set up on some clear rolling plains like Heartlands and grab deer/bucks. You'll be maxed out in half an hour if you stash one while dragging another back with your lasso.

Or you could set up camp in Scartlett Medows and farm the Panther in the southern Lemoyne. One perfect will get you a HUGE chunk of the bar and its easy to farm a predator when poison arrors/knives break aggro instantly and lead to a 1 shot kill. Rockstar has given away a ton of poison poo poo lately.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Aster0ids posted:

Is it worth spending time doing the GTA stuff? I played too much and looking at a map, scrawling out each card on a jpeg as i do em seems like a hassle if i can just do stuff in RDO and buy it this way along similar time investment.

Finding the cards was not too bad; honestly a good excuse to motorbike around the GTA5 map for awhile.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Honestly it’s probably easier and faster to grind 15 gold in RDO than it is to run down all those cards in GTAO. Granted I already had like 9 gold and R* dumps gold on us for some reason or another it seems like every other day, plus the gold bonuses the past few weeks, daily streaks, etc. Still though, 15 gold ain’t hard to come by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Everyone on PS4 got a Trader license for free and I had Twitch Prime already to get the Bounty Hunter license free. Grinding out 15 gold for the remaining collector license wasn't that bad. Keeping your challenge streak going isn't a big deal especially when the challenges are as simple as "kill an alligator"