Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’ll think about it depending on how much they’d give me for 8 to 11 Pro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
can someone change the thread title? john legere is a literal garbage person who really shouldn't be glorified in any capacity.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Sounds like it's 50%, or these caps, whichever is lower:

Save $550 when you trade up an: Apple: iPhone XS Max 64GB or 256GB
Save $500 when you trade up an Apple: iPhone XS 64GB or 256GB
Save $350 when you trade up an Apple: iPhone XR 64GB or 128GB, X 64GB, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus

There's an active Slickdeals thread about this deal: https://slickdeals.net/f/13378390-psa-t-mobile-offers-50-off-new-iphone-11-pro-with-trade-in-current-customers-no-addtl-line-required

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

can someone change the thread title? john legere is a literal garbage person who really shouldn't be glorified in any capacity.

? There are cosmically worse things that get mocked here constantly, instead of continuing to post here about it where none of the participants can actually change the title, please consider reaching out to the moderation team.

Get them to change half the names of the subforums too because gosh some of them really rankle me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TraderStav posted:

Sounds like it's 50%, or these caps, whichever is lower:

Save $550 when you trade up an: Apple: iPhone XS Max 64GB or 256GB
Save $500 when you trade up an Apple: iPhone XS 64GB or 256GB
Save $350 when you trade up an Apple: iPhone XR 64GB or 128GB, X 64GB, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus

There's an active Slickdeals thread about this deal: https://slickdeals.net/f/13378390-psa-t-mobile-offers-50-off-new-iphone-11-pro-with-trade-in-current-customers-no-addtl-line-required

So how much would I get for a 256GB 8 towards an 11 Pro?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

So how much would I get for a 256GB 8 towards an 11 Pro?

I hope this doesn't apply for the 8 for you, but this guy in the slickdeal thread was told by T-mo support:

quote:

From tmobile support... i have the 256gb iphone x

It's important to have all of the details of our upgrade offer, so thank you for working with us in DM. The X, except the 256GB model, is eligible as a qualifying trade-in device. I'll see you back in DM to further discuss. ^EricPayne

Maybe no demand? Crazy

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s pretty drat stupid if that’s case but I’ll see. Thanks for finding that for me.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

You’re the second person to say this in the past few days. I’ll admit I don’t follow the daily goings on of CEOs but what did this guy do that’s so garbage? He just seems like a weird harmless dude.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GutBomb posted:

You’re the second person to say this in the past few days. I’ll admit I don’t follow the daily goings on of CEOs but what did this guy do that’s so garbage? He just seems like a weird harmless dude.

He's a CEO. That's enough. I'm fine with the thread title though since it is true still I guess.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SeANMcBAY posted:

He's a CEO. That's enough. I'm fine with the thread title though since it is true still I guess.

Yeah I guess I just meant above and beyond the regular sociopathy required to be an upper level executive.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

GutBomb posted:

No, he’s just said it twice because ?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Oh whoops, I guess I made that first post in a fugue state :(

Anyway, Legere both conspicuously spent a shitload of money at Trump properties and stopped beefing with him on Twitter all of a sudden, and hey presto look at that Sprint merger! When questioned about all of this, well you can watch his coke-fueled rants for yourself.

Then there was the "who the gently caress are the EFF" thing back when they first started zero rating.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I've been on FMLA for months and don't give two shits about my CEO, fellow masshole or not, so please understand this isn't really a personal thing

But like, seriously reconsider crusading against the CEOs of probably, like, any company in what is a thread designed to inform or assist with the account component of a business?

All CEOs are bad. This isn't the bad CEO thread. I have stories that would boil y'all's blood. Telecom is hilariously dirty. I don't think we need to talk about trump and poo poo in here. But hey it's a free world, if that's what the thread is I'll go find another one to post in myself :shrug:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So CostCo is doing the trade in as well, but instead of a bill credit you get a virtual mastercard. So no artificial contract for 24 months.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Astro7x posted:

So CostCo is doing the trade in as well, but instead of a bill credit you get a virtual mastercard. So no artificial contract for 24 months.

In case anyone is looking for details, they're here:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-36393

Looks like the normal Costco deal caveats of "you have to pay for device all up front" and trade-in is split between bill credit and prepaid card.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are there any maps that just show 600 mhz coverage? I want to know if upgrading to a new iPhone that has that band would even be worth it for me right now.

EDIT: Found a good map myself here: https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 13, 2019

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I think this one requires an additional line. Which even if you cancel it after you receive the card (which I got very fast last year) it’ll eat away at the rebate value. Activation fee plus one month service, etc.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
My wife dropped and crunched her phone. Stopped by the TM store and they offered a "free" phone if we add another line we don't need, the free phone value being the same as the cost of another line, about $250. Meh. She wants a better phone than that. She's looking for something in the $400-500 range. Any better offers if we call in? Or any deals maybe the store forgot to tell us about?

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

wormil posted:

My wife dropped and crunched her phone. Stopped by the TM store and they offered a "free" phone if we add another line we don't need, the free phone value being the same as the cost of another line, about $250. Meh. She wants a better phone than that. She's looking for something in the $400-500 range. Any better offers if we call in? Or any deals maybe the store forgot to tell us about?

Other than the occasional good deal (the current iPhone deal, occasional black friday deals, and occasional buy one get one type deals from Samsung) the T-mobile store tends to have pretty terrible prices. There are quite a few good phones under $500, especially if you're willing to deal with lightly used. Pixel 3/3A, Samsung S10e (lightly used), various Moto phones, etc.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Does T-Mobile cancel your account when you transfer your number, like most carriers... Or do you have to call them?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Other than the occasional good deal (the current iPhone deal, occasional black friday deals, and occasional buy one get one type deals from Samsung) the T-mobile store tends to have pretty terrible prices. There are quite a few good phones under $500, especially if you're willing to deal with lightly used. Pixel 3/3A, Samsung S10e (lightly used), various Moto phones, etc.

She wants a Pixel 3 or 3A. We also looked at S9's. We've all had Motorola phones and liked them but the only thing I saw currently is the G7 which probably doesn't have the sensors and crap she uses at work. What about the Galaxy A50? Don't know much about them.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Untagged posted:

Does T-Mobile cancel your account when you transfer your number, like most carriers... Or do you have to call them?

In terms of “rules,” the carrier has to cancel the line when you switch , you can’t have your number on more than one carrier at a time.

But to be clear, it’s two different things. Your “line” is cancelled when you switch. Your “account” is cancelled when all lines on your account are cancelled. Which does make sense. 2 people have an account , and switch, both of the lines cancel, so the account is cancelled. 2 people have a fight, so one decides to switch , their line is cancelled, account is not cancelled because other stays active on account.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

It’s been a while since I bought a phone from a carrier, but I jumped on the TMobile “half off iPhone 11” deal. When the phone arrived I had to call and activate it, it did not automatically activate and replace the existing device.

Is that normal? Ever other time I’ve gotten a new device with a new SIM from a carrier they’ve handled that all themselves.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Maneki Neko posted:

It’s been a while since I bought a phone from a carrier, but I jumped on the TMobile “half off iPhone 11” deal. When the phone arrived I had to call and activate it, it did not automatically activate and replace the existing device.

Is that normal? Ever other time I’ve gotten a new device with a new SIM from a carrier they’ve handled that all themselves.

Did you used to use VZW or Sprint? Traditional CDMA carriers are easier to activate that way , in a sense, having now worked for every US carrier lol.

T-mobile doesn't automatically deactivate your existing SIM under any normal operating procedure for ship-to fulfillment unless someone or something fucks up

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Anyone not using their impossible Whopper code?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

nerve posted:

Anyone not using their impossible Whopper code?

6XVJ3K9R5T56MRNM

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

6XVJ3K9R5T56MRNM

thanks cuz

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh drat finally a decent food deal that isn’t just a $1 menu item

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m not vegetarian/vegan but that was by far the best meatless burger I’ve had. I’d consider switching if all fake meat tasted like that. Just tasted like a less oily whopper.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

If anyone else wants a Whopper code:

NZX93XDXXG4JLVDV

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I wish our local Burger Kings weren't disgusting, I'd like to try it.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So I'm a bit confused here. I did the "trade in your iphone 7 and get a iPhone 11 for half price" deal. It looks like TMobile gave me trade in credit for the iPhone 7 I sent back AND reduced my equipment payments by half. Anyone else seeing that?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Maneki Neko posted:

So I'm a bit confused here. I did the "trade in your iphone 7 and get a iPhone 11 for half price" deal. It looks like TMobile gave me trade in credit for the iPhone 7 I sent back AND reduced my equipment payments by half. Anyone else seeing that?

That's how they did it for me when I traded in my 7 for a XR last year.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's how they did it for me when I traded in my 7 for a XR last year.

Well heck yeah I guess?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/johnlegere/status/1196421210839453698?s=21

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That looks like a Mac vs PC commercial

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Looking to jump ship from my 10gb Verizon plan since I’m bumping up against my limit and need to go unlimited.

I need 3 lines. Tmo has a deal where you add 3 lines you get a 4th free. Anything I can do with this 4th line? Can I get a free phone and sell it off or does it have to stay on the plan? Wife an I also have iPhone XRs that can be upgraded to iPhone 11 for free if we switch.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos
So I recently noticed a new issue. I haven't been able to get the visual voicemail in the dialer app on my Pixel 2 XL to connect to my voicemail. I got on chat with TMobile and they told me it was an issue with the app. I then got on chat with Google to troubleshoot any issues, and after going through everything, the Google rep said it had to be something with the carrier. I get back on chat with TMobile, and after about an hour the rep admitted that TMobile is purposely blocking all visual voicemail apps other than their own, except on iPhone, and TMobile's app costs an extra $4 a month. Is there a way around this or do I just have to bend over and take it?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Uncle Lizard posted:

So I recently noticed a new issue. I haven't been able to get the visual voicemail in the dialer app on my Pixel 2 XL to connect to my voicemail. I got on chat with TMobile and they told me it was an issue with the app. I then got on chat with Google to troubleshoot any issues, and after going through everything, the Google rep said it had to be something with the carrier. I get back on chat with TMobile, and after about an hour the rep admitted that TMobile is purposely blocking all visual voicemail apps other than their own, except on iPhone, and TMobile's app costs an extra $4 a month. Is there a way around this or do I just have to bend over and take it?

When I got my Pixel 3 it would not work and customer care and technical care were not really much of a help. What eventually worked was I installed and set up the T-Mobile Visual Voice mail app (the free part) and went through the setup process. Then I uninstalled it, and then set up the dialer voicemail app on my Pixel 3 and that made it work. If that doesn't work, install and setup the T-Mobile app, then uninstall, reboot, and then set up the dialer voicemail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

Burden posted:

When I got my Pixel 3 it would not work and customer care and technical care were not really much of a help. What eventually worked was I installed and set up the T-Mobile Visual Voice mail app (the free part) and went through the setup process. Then I uninstalled it, and then set up the dialer voicemail app on my Pixel 3 and that made it work. If that doesn't work, install and setup the T-Mobile app, then uninstall, reboot, and then set up the dialer voicemail.

I will give this a shot. Thanks

Edit: It did not work unfortunately. I will continue to try different combinations like an insane person to see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the help anyway.

Uncle Lizard fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 12, 2019