Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Just watched the F-Zero X episode, great work! Thank you so much, nothing makes me happier than watching some Game Center CX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adamant
Jan 30, 2013

GooseCanyon posted:

Our latest episode, Mario Land 2! Can Arino escape the neon claws of Gamblor!?
https://nyaa.si/view/1172698

Nice.
Though if you want a quick correction of an error I spotted while watching, you accidentally translated "yondome" as "first" at 44:15.

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Big ups Team Goose for these new translated episodes! It's appreciated for us baka gaijin who can't read/understand Japanese for the raws. Cheers :)

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/gccx_official/status/1171735272167333889

Seems like Earthbound episode airs tomorrow with Mr. Itoi as guest.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I just watched the Mario Land 2 episode finally, it was tenser than I expected, very good episode and good work.

GuidoAnchovies
Oct 27, 2005

Im'a get ya!

Negrostrike posted:

https://twitter.com/gccx_official/status/1171735272167333889

Seems like Earthbound episode airs tomorrow with Mr. Itoi as guest.

Looking forward to hearing Arino explain that the protagonist's name being ちんちん is totally not his fault.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/harusyoui/status/1172342023711416320?s=20

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What... what does that mean? Oh no. :ohdear:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
"You were also playing with that person."

Are they saying that developers that play with Arino die?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh god Itoi looks like my dad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

GuidoAnchovies posted:

Looking forward to hearing Arino explain that the protagonist's name being ちんちん is totally not his fault.

Itoi's site just put up this transcript, when he saw that he said "oh that's the name I always used" https://www.1101.com/gccxmother/2019-09-13.html

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Looks like I'm gonna have to watch the raw version even though the banter will go completely over my head.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Hey Goose.

Thanks to your team for all the hard work.

I can't PM you but if you'd like I can tweet about your episodes on the SA-GCCX account and put the episodes up on the website as well.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Mister Chief posted:

Hey Goose.

Thanks to your team for all the hard work.

I can't PM you but if you'd like I can tweet about your episodes on the SA-GCCX account and put the episodes up on the website as well.

Yeah, we'd really appriciate that!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

GooseCanyon posted:

And feel free to shoot me a message as well, the more we're in touch, the better we can all work!

vrkakaricho@gmail.com

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

GooseCanyon posted:

I'll try to get around to it this week.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

GooseCanyon posted:

Our latest episode, Mario Land 2! Can Arino escape the neon claws of Gamblor!?
https://nyaa.si/view/1172698

My favorite GB game, best GB soundtrack, thank you so much for this!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

that soundtrack is all variations of one song

i agree it's fantastic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

i agree it's fantastic

So is Super Mario World!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

i agree it's fantastic

So is fantastic game Punch-Out!! on Wii.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The finale to the Earthbound challenge had me laughing harder than I have in a long time, great ending!

The next challenge is a Disney game.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Kakaricho posted:

I'm guessing Aladdin, except the timing's a bit weird with doing it now instead of when it was in theatres.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Keito posted:

I'm guessing Aladdin, except the timing's a bit weird with doing it now instead of when it was in theatres.

Maybe the Japanese theatrical release? Except I think that it's already happened. Could be the home video release. Or maybe they're just now getting the new Duck Tails.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Maybe the Japanese theatrical release? Except I think that it's already happened. Could be the home video release. Or maybe they're just now getting the new Duck Tails.

Comes out for Home Physical Release in Japan in 2 days, which is weird since the 4K UHD disc is the same disc that was released in North America a month ago (Japanese audio and subs are on the disc), something Disney has been been doing with its 4K releases.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If it's not Aladdin then it's probably the Disney game that's on the Megadrive Mini, World of Illusion starring Mickey & Donald.

That's a heavy co-op game, by the way.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

univbee posted:

Comes out for Home Physical Release in Japan in 2 days, which is weird since the 4K UHD disc is the same disc that was released in North America a month ago (Japanese audio and subs are on the disc), something Disney has been been doing with its 4K releases.

It doesn't seem that weird, since they need to print covers, and depending on marketing, they might want to time it right.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
I'm gonna go ahead and predict itll be Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers. Though my predictions are usually inaccurate :P

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cemetry Gator posted:

It doesn't seem that weird, since they need to print covers, and depending on marketing, they might want to time it right.

Cover printing is a non-issue, especially for a big company like Disney. In Canada we day-and-date get the same releases as the US does with all the major studios printing Canada-specific covers (to be bilingual and also to reflect discrepancies in the digital copies, which may not be on the same platforms and will definitely be Canada-specific codes too), and Disney actually goes through the trouble of printing two covers (English-centric and French-centric), including for the steelbooks and all that fun stuff. Marketing is the more likely reason, like how everyone in the world got Star Wars Episode III in May except Japan because Star Wars was always a summer movie there and it'll stay that way, dammit (but I think the more recent Christmas releases broke that trend).

Mind you the late printings for Japan do rarely provide some advantages, like way back when The Little Mermaid first got released on Blu-ray they hosed up the remastering and somehow swapped two camera shots during "Part of your world." Everyone in the world who cared had to mail in for new discs, and they didn't make fixed 3D ones because :effort:, however because Japan got their release much later, theirs was correct out-of-the-box, and is also the only source of a correct 3D version.

cubeboy
Feb 20, 2014

FOUR!!!

Kakaricho posted:

The finale to the Earthbound challenge had me laughing harder than I have in a long time, great ending!

Seems like this one will be a good saga once translated. I don't really understand what was going on but I believe he channeled all previous ADs for support to help in the final boss.
What was going on with the segment where he kept on getting censored?
What happened at the end with Player Arino Kacho, and the two screens side by side with Arino Kacho?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Jakespeare posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and predict itll be Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers. Though my predictions are usually inaccurate :P

I hope you're right, I have a lot of good memories about that game.

cubeboy posted:

I don't really understand what was going on but I believe he channeled all previous ADs for support to help in the final boss.

Yep, when you need to have Paula/IKKO Pray to beat Giygas.

What was going on with the segment where he kept on getting censored?

One of the default names (which Arino chose) in the Japanese version is Chin-chin, which is slang for "dick/penis". When you get all of the steps' powers flowing into character name, well...

What happened at the end with Player Arino Kacho, and the two screens side by side with Arino Kacho?

See this. In short, Arino forgot putting his name in.

https://wikibound.info/wiki/The_player

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Kakaricho posted:

One of the default names (which Arino chose) in the Japanese version is Chin-chin, which is slang for "dick/penis". When you get all of the steps' powers flowing into character name, well...

Reminds me of one of the Games Done Quick streams from a year or two back, they have a Japanese restream with Japanese commentators and one of the games run in the marathon was Tintin in Tibet. As it happens those two words are written and pronounced the same.

The chat and the commentators had a lot of fun with that one before the latter agreed to just stick to the Japanese name (Tantan, which is actually closer to the original French).

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 9, 2019

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

If it's not Aladdin then it's probably the Disney game that's on the Megadrive Mini, World of Illusion starring Mickey & Donald.

That's a heavy co-op game, by the way.

Hey, I was right! https://otn.fujitv.co.jp/gamecenter/

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
Nintendo Live 2019 is happening this weekend, despite the typhoon risk.
In amongst the Splatoon concerts and Smash Bros competitions, Arino and Hamaguchi will be headlining one of the two "Super Mario Maker 2" events.
Day 1 (12th/13th October) is a public tournament with fan-submitted levels, while Day 2 (13th/14th October) will show the Yoiko lads jumping into the shallow end of the level pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8OnLnyk68

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Our very spooky new release, episode 190, D!
https://nyaa.si/view/1183708

Happy Halloween! Hope everyone enjoys!
Gonna try to get one more episode out for October.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

GooseCanyon posted:

Thank you! Can't wait to see it. D is a really strange one, definitely one of the better "cinematic" (for the lack of better term?) games of that era. I played it on the Saturn recently.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Awesome!

I can watch this while stuck in Narita airport.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Mister Chief posted:

Awesome!

I can watch this while stuck in Narita airport.

Good luck! It was a nightmare just getting on the Shinkansen yesterday in Tokyo.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

GooseCanyon posted:

Thank you for the awesome releases!

Fernin
Sep 26, 2014
Thank you for your amazing work, GooseCanyon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Thank you, GooseCanyon!