Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Also you collect your poop and pee and turn them into grenades to throw at the BTs.
Your weapons also appear to be powered by your blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Spite posted:

Also you collect your poop and pee and turn them into grenades to throw at the BTs.
Your weapons also appear to be powered by your blood.

I hope this is a serious, true post.

I just watched the gameplay up through the oil lion boss. Boss fight looks really cool. I hope tactics vary between bosses.

The map looks great, but I don't see any signs it's not a big open emptiness like MGS5 yet. If anything it's a bit more lonely than MGS5 because there aren't any animals and enemy outposts seem more sparse. It'll be interested to see what kind of side quests there are.

Walking sim aspect is hilar. Did Kojima explain any benefit to loading yourself down to max weight, other than I assume being able to carry more gear for yourself?

Edit: Sidenote. When I played MGS5, the one and only time my wife noticed anything about it was when the Quiet rain dancing scene happened. She was like "Oh I see lol." How am I going to explain a game about delivering packages and there's a baby in a jar that you have to sometimes have to entertain like it's a tamagotchi pet and half the people have skull masks and....

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 12, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
The game didn't feel like a walking sim to me. I've played plenty of games that fit that style, this felt like someone taking shimmying up the side of a mountain in Skyrim and giving you tools to do it effectively, with lots of things to balance and consider. I dunno, it looked really cool to me, and the way the gameplay kept adding new slices of layers indicates to me at least we've only seen the very basics of what these traversal mechanics will be.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Look Sir Droids posted:

Edit: Sidenote. When I played MGS5, the one and only time my wife noticed anything about it was when the Quiet rain dancing scene happened. She was like "Oh I see lol."

This is the only time that significant others are in the room and paying attention. It's all part of being a gamer!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
seeing all the ways you connect with the BB in game now and knowing that you lose the BBs if you gently caress up is something I'm dreading. Super curious about the ways players can build in each others worlds- I see a lot of awesome dark souls type fuckery opportunities.

Also, the lady is very interested by this game and she's strictly a tetris/pacman type, I told her about the very easy mode designed pretty much for her and now this looks like it will be the first video game we play at the same time.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 12, 2019

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Can we customize the baby

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dilkington posted:

Can we customize the baby
Pimp my crib 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Harrow posted:

I unironically love this poo poo. I've gotten so much entertainment out of Kojima using Sony's money to hang out with his celebrity crushes and make a mega-budget game where Die-Hardman calls someone named Amelie "Samantha America Strand" with total seriousness.

“I’d like you to meet her”

(Bows and makes a magician’s ta-da motion with his hands)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Look Sir Droids posted:

Edit: Sidenote. When I played MGS5, the one and only time my wife noticed anything about it was when the Quiet rain dancing scene happened. She was like "Oh I see lol." How am I going to explain a game about delivering packages and there's a baby in a jar that you have to sometimes have to entertain like it's a tamagotchi pet and half the people have skull masks and....

Baby jar and skull masks are a better look than you sitting in front of a tv watching a wet girl in a bikini

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Kojima finally just díd a walking simulator? We know he cant write something good to sabe his life but there has to be more, right?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

So Kojima finally just díd a walking simulator? We know he cant write something good to sabe his life but there has to be more, right?

I feel bad for you brother

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DoctorGonzo posted:

It's a walking simulator you can piss in.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1172056657628712960?s=19

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Man i sure how you can just mow some assholes down in this game with real guns.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Panzeh posted:

SMH if you ever used guns that shoot actual bullets in MGSV outside of the three missions that required it

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Wolfsheim posted:

SMH if you ever used guns that shoot actual bullets in MGSV outside of the three missions that required it

Hey, i've done the non lethal thing in mgs5, it's not quite as fun as using all those other weapons.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Wolfsheim posted:

You haven’t lived until you go full Rambo on some poor sap’s FOB.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

This thread is now haraam for real Kojima heads. See you all in november

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Panzeh posted:

Can you though? They only showed using the bola gun on humans.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Man how big is this open world going to be? It seems like the middle might be no man's land or something.

A PC release eventually would be nice with the amount of detail this seems to have.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
This is a sony studios game, right? Like bloodborne and (I think) horizon: zero dawn? Or at least they're all sponsored by sony? And that means that there's no way they'll ever be on anything other than PS4 and possibly PS5, right?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

redreader posted:

This is a sony studios game, right? Like bloodborne and (I think) horizon: zero dawn? Or at least they're all sponsored by sony? And that means that there's no way they'll ever be on anything other than PS4 and possibly PS5, right?

Sony is funding the development but they're not developing it themselves. It has some sort of exclusivity agreement but it's unclear if it'll eventually come to PC or not - the messaging has been repeatedly pretty mixed but it's not impossible.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

is this a feature yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
kojima kept setting the game trailers to all these newfangled modern songs when he could have just gone with Waltzing Matilda

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Thinking about that Oval Office trailer again, it seems fairly obvious President Amelie is working for or being used by the Homo Demons bad guys. Die Hardman is the only character we see wearing a skull mask besides Homo Demons dudes. If Amelie is being held by them, why else would they let her make any phonecalls she wants?

Could also be a redux of The Boss and Amelie is only pretending to be a villain.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RatHat posted:

Can you though? They only showed using the bola gun on humans.

When people die they make huge spooky ghost craters so you're probably not allowed to just shoot people to death in this one video game

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

lets hang out posted:

When people die they make huge spooky ghost craters so you're probably not allowed to just shoot people to death in this one video game

Sounds pretty lame, i want to make ghost craters.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Look Sir Droids posted:

Thinking about that Oval Office trailer again, it seems fairly obvious President Amelie is working for or being used by the Homo Demons bad guys. Die Hardman is the only character we see wearing a skull mask besides Homo Demons dudes. If Amelie is being held by them, why else would they let her make any phonecalls she wants?

Could also be a redux of The Boss and Amelie is only pretending to be a villain.

There is a shot of her in the golden mask Higgs wears in the Japanese trailer that was released before E3. Of course immediately after that there is a shot with her slung over Higgs' shoulder while he fires at Sam.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lets hang out posted:

I'm pretty sure that specifically only happens when a bt eats someone. There was the trailer where a guy was desperately trying to kill himself before he got eaten, presumably to prevent the giant explosion that happened when he was eaten

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Jenny Agutter posted:

I'm pretty sure that specifically only happens when a bt eats someone. There was the trailer where a guy was desperately trying to kill himself before he got eaten, presumably to prevent the giant explosion that happened when he was eaten

yeah i think that's the case. it might be that if a BT eats a corpse in general it causes a Voidout? and maybe that's why in the 2017 trailer they were transporting that body, they needed to get it to an area away from people?

I think it's kind of a neat concept. In the post-apocalypse, it's literally dangerous to kill someone, because they could go off like a huge atomic bomb. kinda makes me think of MAD on a per-individual scale.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/every-game-should-copy-death-strandings-very-easy-mode/

In the world of Let’s Plays and YouTube, who is Very Easy Mode for? I think this is a much better attitude on difficulty than say, Sekiro, but who is paying money for spectator mode when a dozen YouTubers will post full walkthroughs within a month of release?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Look Sir Droids posted:

In the world of Let’s Plays and YouTube, who is Very Easy Mode for?

Journalists. You get a better review if the time-crunched journalist skipping all the character-power-increasing sidequests and focusing main objectives only can still beat your final boss and see the last cutscene on the first try.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Look Sir Droids posted:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/09/every-game-should-copy-death-strandings-very-easy-mode/

In the world of Let’s Plays and YouTube, who is Very Easy Mode for? I think this is a much better attitude on difficulty than say, Sekiro, but who is paying money for spectator mode when a dozen YouTubers will post full walkthroughs within a month of release?

IIRC kojima said it was specifically a mode for his friends in the game (NWR, MM, etc) to experience it without having ever played a video game before

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Mzbundifund posted:

Journalists. You get a better review if the time-crunched journalist skipping all the character-power-increasing sidequests and focusing main objectives only can still beat your final boss and see the last cutscene on the first try.

Game journalists will probably do that and then criticize the game as "too easy" though. Or complain about nothing of note happening between cutscenes.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Look Sir Droids posted:

Game journalists will probably do that and then criticize the game as "too easy" though. Or complain about nothing of note happening between cutscenes.

which is why the only game reviews you should trust are from me, you can trust me

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Look Sir Droids posted:

This is all true, but the psychological stress of having your looming deadline aggravated by this STUPID BULLSHIT and GOD AWFUL HITBOX and TERRIBLE CONTROLS will invariably come out in the review. The most important thing for your review is that the reviewer is in a good mood when they write it.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

I always include money when sending out things I need reviewed....

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Look Sir Droids posted:

In the world of Let’s Plays and YouTube, who is Very Easy Mode for?

People with disabilities like cerebral palsy but still want to play the game and not watch someone else play it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
You guys don't actually have to keep guessing why it's there Kojima literally said it in the article that guy linked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
Though the idea of Mads Mikkelsen wanting to check out that game he was in and having to endure sitting through some insufferable youtube channel's eight hour analysis of it by mistake is pretty funny