Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

LA Park said he's ready for Blue Demon Jr unlike Dr Wagner Jr
https://twitter.com/laparktapia/status/1172253882304598028?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Latinx stars in WWE have 2 options for gimmick: Sleazy latin lover or masked geek.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Don't do it Sofía!!!!

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1172504288104501248?s=19

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I really hope they’re smart enough to get that they shouldn’t do it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Excited for the upcoming announcement that WWE has purchased the Lucha Libre Elite library

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WWE talked to literally every promotion on the planet about buying their tape library except for AEW and New Japan. And when I say literally everybody House of Hardcore and CHIKARA will probably end up on the Network. They'd probably have talked to New Japan too if they hadn't been turned down a few years ago.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

WWE talked to literally every promotion on the planet about buying their tape library except for AEW and New Japan. And when I say literally everybody House of Hardcore and CHIKARA will probably end up on the Network. They'd probably have talked to New Japan too if they hadn't been turned down a few years ago.

My worry is they will eventually offer enough money to get NTV to give up their All Japan and NOAH libraries

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
New Japan is probably the one company that can actually justify not doing it because their own service is reasonably successful by any measure. NJPW World is probably grossing like $10M a year, which isn't much in the grand scheme, and obviously a big chunk of that is going to be taken up by overheads, but it's still way more than any PivotShare or even the ROH thing are doing. Heck, it might be worth Bushiroad and TV Asahi seeing if CMLL would be down to have more of their content hosted there as a way to bolster World in the west. Throw a few bucks at Mike Tenay or someone to do post commentary of Arena Mexico shows.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 13, 2019

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Debating getting tickets for AAA in New York cause I may not be able to meet up with family due to my flight in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1172660855143653378

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hey, neat! Some guys from my local federation, Costa Rica Wrestling Embassy, got to wrestle in CMLL this Tuesday. That's great for them. CWE draws like 120-150 to their big shows, so wrestling in front of 10kish must have been awesome for them. (Their match starts around 40 minutes in on the Tuesday show).

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I will be at the NYC show tonight up in the 300s. I know next to nothing about AAA but it's been a few months since I saw some live wrestling and figured it couldn't possibly be a bad time. I also wanted to support good wrestling at MSG.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Psycho Clown is the Tanahashi of AAA.

Here's some Psycho Clown fan art

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1173246383375208451?s=19

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Anyone watching AAA?

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1173362636022571008

Demus & Dave the Clown vs Chris Dickinson & Mascarita Dorada is the opener. Savinovich and Striker on english commentary - Hugo's gonna drag Striker to a good commentary maybe.

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1173361949431795712

Josh Alexander, Mike Elgin & Sami Callihan vs Murder Clown, Drago & Faby Apache happening now.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 15, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, 3k is a totally fine crowd. Roldan just got delusional thinking they could fill MSG, presumably because New Japan and the Elite (oh, and ROH) did it in March, without realising there were very specific contextual draws and reasons they pulled that off.

I mean, even Vince couldn't manage it a couple of weeks ago.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 15, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Tuned in, looking at Elgin and hearing Striker almost made me immediately tune out again.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm watching. I might not watch the whole thing right now, but I'll watch for a while.

I like the way they handled the intergender element of that last match. Faby basically worked like any of the guys in the match.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, even Vince couldn't manage it a couple of weeks ago.

Wait what? WWE isn't selling out the garden anymore?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Wait what? WWE isn't selling out the garden anymore?

They got it like a third full after papering for Raw and Smackdown. After panic-booking Austin and Taker for the shows and plastering them on the advertising.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tessa/Taya on right now :woop:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
"I am a moron." - Matt Striker

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Big Daddy Cain time!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
AAA should never come back to the US if this is the music they have to use

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lmao at lethal injection

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Cain :stare:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/narukiroy/status/1173388870039298050

This show rules.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

J-Ro posted:

This show rules.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Crowd has been super hot all night. But I got some annoying hecklers in my section and people giggled at the beginning so of course they're still heckling.

Edit: dont know if the stream heard it but an AEW chant broke out during Lucha/LAX

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Crowd has been super hot all night. But I got some annoying hecklers in my section and people giggled at the beginning so of course they're still heckling.

Edit: dont know if the stream heard it but an AEW chant broke out during Lucha/LAX

I heard it, I've just been too despondent since Tessa lost to post :negative: i just wanted a successful title defense from my fav

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
lol that finish

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Those guys move really well for dudes in their mid 50s, but some of the kickouts were weird and sloppy.

Is Taya face on Impact? Is Tessa heel? Or is that just like a one time thing for this show?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That was a very on brand ending tho.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Those guys move really well for dudes in their mid 50s, but some of the kickouts were weird and sloppy.

Is Taya face on Impact? Is Tessa heel? Or is that just like a one time thing for this show?

Taya's a face in AAA, Tessa's a heel in AAA

Tessa's a mega-face in TNA, I believe Taya was a heel but since Johnny's gone she is now a face or tweener on TNA? I forget the Taya-in-TNA part

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Taya's definitely in the "cocky heel" territory on Impact.

BTW, congrats to the newest DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion:

https://twitter.com/PumaKingOficial/status/1173380801997750272

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I went to the AAA show tonight with MRT and friend (I forgot the name of) and it was really fun! I'm not a big lucha fan or anything, I watch Triplemania along with everyone else every year and occasionally catch some highly regarded CMLL stuff, so I'm not completely in the dark. That said, it was probably the most fun show I've ever been to. Everyone was having a good time, the babyfaces were cheered, the heels were booed, and it didn't run overly long. I really want to see live lucha again!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
was it too much to pay for the three dog night royalties, AAA

Shows was pretty good, though I missed the first couple of matches and kind of tuned out in the ME

I wanted to punch Striker for orgasming over Taya's championship win because I could get it if it was like her first, but it was her third and her first was like a 3 year reign soooo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

BTW for those of you who didn't watch the show it'll be on TV. Maybe this is the start of something for AAA and AXS?

https://twitter.com/AXSTV_PR/status/1173648759370084353?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

AlmightyPants posted:

I went to the AAA show tonight with MRT and friend (I forgot the name of) and it was really fun! I'm not a big lucha fan or anything, I watch Triplemania along with everyone else every year and occasionally catch some highly regarded CMLL stuff, so I'm not completely in the dark. That said, it was probably the most fun show I've ever been to. Everyone was having a good time, the babyfaces were cheered, the heels were booed, and it didn't run overly long. I really want to see live lucha again!

Yeah it was a great show with maybe one match that was kind of boring (Mike Elgin is very bad now.) Everyone should watch it when they get a chance!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAA Heroes Inmortales card for Oct 19:

Argenis, Lady Shani, Octagoncito and Pimipinela Escarlata vs Australian Suicide, Demus, Mamba and Vanilla
Lady Maravilla & Villano III Jr defend the mixed tag titles in a triple threat against Chik Tormenta & Latigo, and Big Mami & Nino Hamburguesa
Drago defends the Latin American title against Daga
Dinastia, Octagon Jr and Puma King vs Abismo Negro Jr, Arez and Super Fly
Copa Antonio Pena featuring Aerostar, Laredo Kid, Murder Clown, Dave the Clown, Monster Clown, Myzteziz Jr, Dragon Bane, La Hiedra, Faby Apache, La Parka Negra and a mystery entrant
Fenix defends the Mega title against Kenny oMega
Psycho Clown & Rey Escorpion vs Averno & Dr Wagner Jr vs Pentagon Jr & Texano Jr vs Chessman and Pagano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The big Kaiju is coming to CMLL

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1174016926596530176?s=19

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 18, 2019