Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Necrotizer F posted:

As a child/teen of the 80s, the way I recall it was that as long as you didn't curse past "drat" or "hell" or shows boobs on your TV show, you could get away with just about anything in horror/sci-fi. I kind of miss that time.

It also helped to be not be one of the Big Three channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bitterandtwisted posted:

Thanks friends, Phantom it is :)

society was the best choice. sorry goons steered you wrong.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is a post made of lies

And faces coming out of asses

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

M_Sinistrari posted:

It also helped to be not be one of the Big Three channels.

Yeah, independent UHF stations owned. Maybe there are still some, but the local one here is exclusively broadcasting 8 or so OTA sub-channels.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

Society was a close second and definitely rules but Phantom is the better film

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

gey muckle mowser posted:

Society was a close second and definitely rules but Phantom is the better film

As much as I love Society, this just makes me want to see Phantom. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

COOL CORN posted:

As much as I love Society, this just makes me want to see Phantom. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

it's good but we're living in society so it wins out.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

On the other hand, Phantom of the Paradise is one of those movies where you feel like you've stepped into this alternate world that is familiar in some ways but very bizarre in others. I love stuff like that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Phantom of the Paradise is probably my favorite Brian de Palma film at this point

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Phantom of the Paradise is probably my favorite Brian de Palma film at this point

I'd have to agree, although I guess I'd want to rewatch Blow Out before making a final decision. But those are really the only two contenders. I'm not a huge fan of Carrie and Dressed to Kill is very mediocre, nor do I think all that much of Scarface, Untouchables, or Carlito's Way.

#3 is probably Mission Impossible, to be honest.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

I'd have to agree, although I guess I'd want to rewatch Blow Out before making a final decision. But those are really the only two contenders. I'm not a huge fan of Carrie and Dressed to Kill is very mediocre, nor do I think all that much of Scarface, Untouchables, or Carlito's Way.

#3 is probably Mission Impossible, to be honest.

Carrie is good. Sisters and Hi, Mom! are both excellent.

Ask 16 year old me and I'd say Scarface then stare at you blankly as you mention his other films

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Groovelord Neato posted:

gamers rise up

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

gamers rise up

Bottom text

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I was always confused by the abundance of full frontal in Carrie. I guess it was just new in the 70s that you could have Bush in your movie?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Hot drat Terrorvision is a ton of fun. That monster looked amazing, I really want to watch more of the Medusa show and the swingin' parents are the most 80s thing imaginable.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Don't know if it got posted by Friday 1-8 are only 13 bux on a few digital services today.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies...&id=lw9MynSeamY

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

The best F13 is Jason X

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingslayer posted:

Don't know if it got posted by Friday 1-8 are only 13 bux on a few digital services today.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies...&id=lw9MynSeamY

I could have sworn they were just streaming somewhere recently, but I can't find them and I'm too lazy to put on a dvd.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Hollismason posted:

The best F13 is Jason X

Not wrong!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

I could have sworn they were just streaming somewhere recently, but I can't find them and I'm too lazy to put on a dvd.

I think it was Hulu

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/dinosaurdracula/status/1172532145878908928?s=21

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

The best F13 is Jason X

It's the only one that didn't bore me excwpt fvj

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Matt always out here doing god’s work

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Not only is today Friday the 13th. Not only is it a full moon. But it's also the 50th anniversary of Scooby-Doo. So give those meddling kids a watch tonight—they were probably an early influence on your love of horror.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They were not. I never liked scooby doo

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Now do the food in that one general store where the gross dude drinks the orange juice

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CelticPredator posted:

They were not. I never liked scooby doo

This dude owns

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I never liked scooby doo

friendship ended with CELTICPREDATOR

now COOLCORN is my best friend

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

none of the fridays the 13th are good.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

none of the fridays the 13th are good.

the platonic ideal of poserism. The very ESSENCE of being a poser distilled into sentence form.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they're great!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only one I've seen is the 3D one. But the theater I saw it in had the new modern polarized 3D glasses, which is bullshit. Give me red and blue plastic headache-inducers, please.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Groovelord Neato posted:

they're great!

Slick 180 you bastard.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

they're great!

:argh::stwoon:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Speaking of Scooby doo, who here remembers Scooby Doo on Zombie island? I do, because this song is rad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

Well, guess what? They recently made a sequel to that classic film, and they did one of the worst most bullshit things they could have done: They retconned it so that the monsters aren't actually real. That's right, the zombie and werecats were fake all along. I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does. Why bother making a sequel to a movie decades later that does nothing but retroactively make the first one lamer? Let Scooby Doo fight real monsters drat it! :argh:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

MacheteZombie posted:

:respek:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Speaking of Scooby doo, who here remembers Scooby Doo on Zombie island? I do, because this song is rad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNask_pMKo

Well, guess what? They recently made a sequel to that classic film, and they did one of the worst most bullshit things they could have done: They retconned it so that the monsters aren't actually real. That's right, the zombie and werecats were fake all along. I don't know why this annoys me so much, but it does. Why bother making a sequel to a movie decades later that does nothing but retroactively make the first one lamer? Let Scooby Doo fight real monsters drat it! :argh:

That's... but why?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I like to make music videos as a way to stay sharp and teach myself how to edit. Here’s my latest, enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u24iDdjWiiU

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Coffee And Pie posted:

I like to make music videos as a way to stay sharp and teach myself how to edit. Here’s my latest, enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u24iDdjWiiU

Super dope. The transitions were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I watched it last weekend. It's not good. Both it and the 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo continuation movie from earlier in the year are cut from the same cloth. They're 95% self parody. Good Scooby Doo is played kind of straight and has some peril in it. The only people I can see enjoying these last two, don't know how long it's been like this, are really young kids.