Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Gyaru and Dinosaur
time for some hotpot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

That is clearly no bird, that is a pokeball. :colbert:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The number girls discover the harsh reality of being clones - they all have the same blood type.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
16 has inadvertently turned the tables, huh.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Monsters Cant Clean
We find a knight in not-so-shining armor.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Monsters Cant Clean

Heavy chapter for such a small load.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kinda looking forward to the point where the dragon stops wanting to eat the cleaning lady.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
That was clearly several chapters ago, he's just saving face now.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
fuuuuck the end of that chapter came outta nowhere and clocked me right in the heart

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gyaru and Dinosaur, ft. the first time I've ever laughed at a scanlator credits page.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Reallycoolname posted:

fuuuuck the end of that chapter came outta nowhere and clocked me right in the heart

I didn't sign up for this!

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Nate RFB posted:

I also appreciate an in-universe manga/anime exploration of the cuteness of flesh fangs.

When you fart in space, it push you forward.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Huzzah! posted:

New Monsters Cant Clean

Reallycoolname posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new mizore

the faces in this series are the best

this is a real good dumbstruck face, just, "guhhhhhhh"

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
Time for some good ol' wholesome Autumn Leaf Viewing.
Or not. Poor Princess is getting kidnapped....by the demons. Again? Still?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

new mizore

the faces in this series are the best

this is a real good dumbstruck face, just, "guhhhhhhh"

Ok, I was wondering if anyone was going to address Kaori's goat eyes and now I think it's time.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Brought To You By posted:

Ok, I was wondering if anyone was going to address Kaori's goat eyes and now I think it's time.

https://s5.mangadex.org/data/1d648633ddf0b8f4211f23b716a26681/N2.png

bottom right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wager she's baphomet or similar

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Why is it always japanese rural towns with some river running through it that go around summoning demons and stuff?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Why is it always japanese rural towns with some river running through it that go around summoning demons and stuff?

why does supernatural almost always involve rural backwoodsy areas (even if they set the location as a city firm smack down in an urban area)?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

why does supernatural almost always involve rural backwoodsy areas (even if they set the location as a city firm smack down in an urban area)?

Because open areas with fewer people provide more scope for The Unknown to exist, especially for largely-urban audiences with less familiarity with such places.

Also the villages will have a river running through them because having a source of non-stagnant water is just good practice.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Because witches live out there, don't you know??

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Don't get me wrong, it's easy to understand why people still associate less populated areas with sinister practices and supernatural elements. Pretty much every culture still fills their back woods and countrysides with all manner of monsters, crazy folk, and spirits of numerous origins in modern stories. I would assume that Kaori might even be the resident god of the mountain/forest who just hangs around the town in human form because why not?

It just got me thinking about how urban horror doesn't seem as big as it could be. Got me thinking about the excellent Fuan no Tane and it's sequel anthology release Just spooky and utterly bizarre stories set in various cities and tows within Japan and the kinds of horrors that lurk just around the next corner. And from the same author is a story that spans the temples in the woods to downtown because once again some japanese ritual happened generations ago and eventually people forgot why they were keeping up wards in the first place. I need to just buy the remaining volumes one of these days.

Mierko-chan scratches that itch of urban horror though. I'd like to see more of it in general and maybe more stuff like this

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Urban Fantasy as a genre tends to be about bringing horror or classical elements and bringing them down to a human level. It's where you get a lot of the All Nightclubs Are Secretly Monster Hangouts and stuff like that.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
https://mangadex.org/chapter/707745/1
More Delinquent and White Cane Girl.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Those were the most wholesome 3 chapters I've read in a while.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Mierko-chan scratches that itch of urban horror though. I'd like to see more of it in general and maybe more stuff like this

Have you also read Kouishou Radio and Soil?
(Soil is set in a rather isolated town, but I'd still call it an urban setting.)

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Way of the House Husband
Time for some Extreme Beach Volleyball!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
SPIKE WITHOUT HONOR OR HUMANITY is incredible. As is that princess carry catch. :3:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The wife has been a surprisingly minor character overall, throughout Way of the House Husband, just by necessity of working a 9-5. It's nice to see her get the spotlight a bit, and confirm that she is, in fact, extremely on his level.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It's been a few years but The Wandering of Girls' Group No. 7 has started updating again!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

gnome7 posted:

The wife has been a surprisingly minor character overall, throughout Way of the House Husband, just by necessity of working a 9-5. It's nice to see her get the spotlight a bit, and confirm that she is, in fact, extremely on his level.

And, in fact, the freaking best.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yak of Wrath posted:

It's been a few years but The Wandering of Girls' Group No. 7 has started updating again!

Aw Jesus, finally! Yes!! I love this series, it's one of the OG Surreal Daily Life Manga Thread manga!

rvm
May 6, 2013

This chapter is so Yuji Horii

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
A final coda for Hatsukoi Zombie. The legend continues.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Monsters Cant Clean
Theres a rage fog permeating the forest. Can out gang find the cause and stop it? Also, more baby iron golem :kimchi:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
More Useless Ponko, in which you can never trust amazon prime.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Eldritch Senpai
Some mood shifts going on here. Everyone's safe and theres a cat, but drat those last pages. Can't wait for Senpai's whacky situation.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

I really wonder what drives the combination of elements in this and Girls Group №7. also, want more of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I hope this is not the end