Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You're imagining it. He fell asleep holding his ink brush.
Ah yes, the ink brush, the woody rod with the bristles that he wants to dunk in that ink. That's absolutely what he fell asleep with, holding in one hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

NANI?!

The reference. I'm sorry

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hahaha god drat if it doesn't look like he's addressing morning wood in that first panel.

Honestly the real dick is so poorly done, like it was an afterthought. All the more cowardly given he hides it in the second panel where he'd have to put some effort. It's so blatant he's doing this is a sop to draw them big ink witch tiddies while going "I did both! see I did dongs first!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Doggydick Deegan

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tesseraction posted:

It's so blatant he's doing this is a sop to draw them big ink witch tiddies while going "I did both! see I did dongs first!"

Yeah no question. Once she's in the comic for good it'll be a race to how fast he can justify showing her boobs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The real question is whether we’re getting badly drawn ink witch titties or if he’s going to laboriously up the quality of the titties in comparison to everything else.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I would respect Mookie's artistic epiphany more if he had showed Snout jerking off.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The real question is whether we’re getting badly drawn ink witch titties or if he’s going to laboriously up the quality of the titties in comparison to everything else.

He'll probably just trace a photo

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

He'll probably just trace a photo

I'm now imagining him tracing a photo from someone with a different pose and creating an eldritch monstrosity torso.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The ink will tastefully cover the nipples

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The ink will tastefully cover the nipples

Ding ding ding. She's literally Ink Bayonetta.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
You know that thing people do where they put googly eyes on serious comic book panels? I'm imagining that, but it's her tits.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Little Death posted:

I would respect Mookie's artistic epiphany more if he had showed Snout jerking off.

At the very least he should draw a raging morning wood hog

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I hope that the inevitable sex scene confirms nipples just don't exist in Deeganland.... Actually wait this world never got a full name did it? All he did was name the fantasy nations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Deegonia

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Terracciano Ignota.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Xanth.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Earvth

You know, there were a lot of things I could have expected from the words "Dominic Deegan sequel". Lazily-drawn dicks was not one of them. What really gets me is that he tries to claim he's only doing so in scenes where it's natural and subtle, but it's so far been anything but(t) subtle: Snout randomly stripping down when sleeping next to an injured stranger or on a cave floor, Snout losing his pants while wading in the lake, Ink Witch losing her ink clothes while in a tractor beam.

At least the good ol' fashioned Mookie traditions of sexualizing injured/unconscious/sleeping women and making Dominic the center of attention even when not on-screen are still in play

Edit: Alright, fine, "subtle" was probably the wrong word because I don't think he actually said that, but it still feels out-of-place so far.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 15, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:golfclap:
That's gotta be it.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What word did Mookie add 'v' to, I forget.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ding ding ding. She's literally Ink Bayonetta.

Dunno, with Mookie being a big edgy boy from the 2000s, could be DOGWITCH

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Potayto, potahto.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

Ague Proof posted:

What word did Mookie add 'v' to, I forget.

If memory serves it was something like maple candies became mavpel candies. Like, the 'v' served no purpose aside from trying (and failing) to make it sound like a fantasy word.

...dear God I vaguely remember something from a webcomic I haven't read or thought about in years.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Potayto, potahto.

Potavto

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Kerbtree posted:

Dunno, with Mookie being a big edgy boy from the 2000s, could be DOGWITCH

Hah, she's even dropping a blank piece of paper in the first panel just like ink witch did.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Falconer posted:

If memory serves it was something like maple candies became mavpel candies. Like, the 'v' served no purpose aside from trying (and failing) to make it sound like a fantasy word.

...dear God I vaguely remember something from a webcomic I haven't read or thought about in years.

The store not importing mavpel candy anymore nearly caused him to snap and psychically nuke the town.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Falconer posted:

The "V" was added because they came from werewolf Russia, and I guess Mookie figured this meant they added "V" to words

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Obvious joke is "UHHH SILENT COMIC???" but it speaks volumes to Mookie's growth as a storyteller and understanding of the medium he works in that he constantly falls back to just spelling out to the reader what's happening.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

this banjo kazooie sequel sucks

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Culkin's in this?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

TheHan posted:

Obvious joke is "UHHH SILENT COMIC???" but it speaks volumes to Mookie's growth as a storyteller and understanding of the medium he works in that he constantly falls back to just spelling out to the reader what's happening.
I want, no I expect some quality shitposts from today's comic.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quote:

Note: This entire story is told from Snout's perspective, so there will be no dialogue on any page.
So far batting 1.000 on having non-spoken dialogue through various means of deus ex machina.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Gotta love plots where the protagonist does nothing, has no agency, and the plot just falls into their lap through no effort of their own.

Wait, I mean hate. I hate those plots.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
He realized that with the ink witch gone there wasn't any explanation for why Snout would continue to get notes telling him what to do, so he just introduced a note that writes itself.

Also, everyone's going to call her "the ink witch" until she's actually named, at which point everyone will spontaneously know her name, and she will never be referred to as "the ink witch" again.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

God I love silent comics with no dialogue.

Also four of those panels are the same panel.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Absolutely pissing myself at how phoned in it's gotten. Dialogue-free entirely because he's deaf so it's all just text. Provided to us in a visual medium.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Well, look on the bright side. Mookie could be drawing a comic with Klace being the author...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Tesseraction posted:

Absolutely pissing myself at how phoned in it's gotten. Dialogue-free entirely because he's deaf so it's all just text. Provided to us in a visual medium.
Dominic Deegan has taught me that being deaf isn't an inconvenience at all because the universe will contrive to have absolutely everyone and everything communicate to you in writing.

YF-23 posted:

Also four of those panels are the same panel.
He redrew the same panel four times, which is actually not a bad thing. They were lazy, low-effort panels but it wasn't a copy/paste job.

The real issue is that Snout's hand moves from the bottom of the page to the side of the page depending on which angle you view him at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Gotta love plots where the protagonist does nothing, has no agency, and the plot just falls into their lap through no effort of their own.

Wait, I mean hate. I hate those plots.

Well, it is a sequel to Dominic Deegan, so it's only natural that the same underlying theme of "only villains work to achieve their goals, true heroes just wait for the plot to drop success into their waiting lap".