Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best?
Kirika
Dess
View Results

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/Feyntan/status/1172306235476963328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
oh so they weren't behind symphofight? arena definitely looks the more fluid of the two in any case

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show is very good and I like it a lot IMO

FUSCHIO NO FLAMME

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The info dump felt very much like an info dump in a jrpg but the final fight and Stereo Frakensteiner by Millarc was cool

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I wish we got a better look at Maria's amalgam form, but there's still more time for that. Also now we know where airgetlam came from. Milaarc's wrestling moves ruled and also she's Morrigan. I hope she survives now, and finds a way to atone for mass murder.

Also I guess the god Fine was in love with was Shem-ha.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 14, 2019

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Also I guess the god Fine was in love with was Shem-ha.

Certain events in S1 make much more sense in this context.

Also I'm glad that Symphogear takes the time out of its day to answer important questions like "what would happen if Bayonetta and Getter Robo had a baby"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
We fools, we utter fools. We all said Milaarc was irredeemable and they proved us wrong. :v:

Good guy Enki apologizes to Fine for having to kill her girlfriend even though she was super evil. Also explains why Fine was touched by Hibiki and Miku and later Kirika and Tsubasa.

In retrospect, this being Symphogear, we probably should have guessed it would be lesbians all the way down

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 14, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

We fools, we utter fools. We all said Milaarc was irredeemable and they proved us wrong. :v:

Wait how?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I had to stop halfway through this episode to muse how this all might work when they get around to putting Symphogear in Super Robot Wars.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

I had to stop halfway through this episode to muse how this all might work when they get around to putting Symphogear in Super Robot Wars.

It would be recursive given Vanessa is Super Robot Wars in Symphogear.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Given we just had Rayearth in Nanoha and Symphogear have to be included in a SRW sok right?!?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given we just had Rayearth in Nanoha and Symphogear have to be included in a SRW sok right?!?

Rayearth is just a more shoujo Dunbine. It's not off the beaten track in the same way, that, say, Cowboy Bebop is.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

the curse of balal reveal is bringing to mind the tomato scene from last season.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Small bat Millaarc is great

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The real burning question now is what will Chris's amalgam weapon be. I am betting on some sort of railgun, since I don't think she has had one of those yet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

The real burning question now is what will Chris's amalgam weapon be. I am betting on some sort of railgun, since I don't think she has had one of those yet.

I bet it comes into play getting the rest of the gang - or at least Bikky - back to Earth. Now feels like a good time for a callback to the early S1 material between Miku and Chris, have Chris get Bikky psyched up to go save Miku with a "do it for me!!" or something like that.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I always loved fusichou no flamme. Whenever they do it live it's really good.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Also Miku blushing at Shem-Ha talking about her feelings is a good sign. I believe It will happen.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

chumbler posted:

The Woman With the Golden Gun

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am imagining that Noble Red's fate at the end of this will be to have their combat effectiveness destroyed and then being stranded on the Moon forever.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

fire them into the greater edges of space instead imo

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Noble Red is so incompetent and constantly getting dunked on you almost feel sorry for them.

Then you remember they murdered 70,000 people just for kicks and you're like naaaaah.

They're certainly an interesting villain trio to follow, that's for sure.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i mean it wasn't for kicks, it was part of a plan to get tsubasa under fudo's control

early on millaarc took it upon herself to be the one of the three to do the dirtiest work so that only one of them would be so stained with sin to be considered beyond redemption

they will probably end up sacrificing themselves to get the symphogears home

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Noble Red is so incompetent and constantly getting dunked on you almost feel sorry for them.

Then you remember they murdered 70,000 people just for kicks and you're like naaaaah.

They're certainly an interesting villain trio to follow, that's for sure.

I suspect while they won't die Millaarc and Vanessa will end up in Jail or in space Jail. The only I still getting a full face turn is Elsa

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's a bit difficult to feel bad for them complaining about having monster bodies when they go out of their way to act like monsters too. You can't really say humans can't be monsters either given some villains in this series.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Sep 15, 2019

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

God almighty what the gently caress is this show and why is it so good

Edit: actually this show sucks because it didn’t give us enough Maria :swoon:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lessail posted:

i mean it wasn't for kicks, it was part of a plan to get tsubasa under fudo's control

early on millaarc took it upon herself to be the one of the three to do the dirtiest work so that only one of them would be so stained with sin to be considered beyond redemption

It would have actually been less harmful and lovely of them if they murdered those people for kicks rather than as a plot to traumatize a heroine so badly that she became vulnerable to forcible mind control to be used for Fudo's plans which are so stupid and hosed up that they're now actively endangering the entire planet.

Millaarc and Vanessa are really enthusiastically pursuing the "being monsters owns" thing and only Elza really seems unhappy about it, so I'm betting face turn for her and the other two are going to get got in some way.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Sep 15, 2019

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Kanos posted:

It would have actually been less harmful and lovely of them if they murdered those people for kicks rather than as a plot to traumatize a heroine so badly that she became vulnerable to forcible mind control to be used for Fudo's plans which are so stupid and hosed up that they're now actively endangering the entire planet.

Millaarc and Vanessa are really enthusiastically pursuing the "being monsters owns" thing and only Elza really seems unhappy about it, so I'm betting face turn for her and the other two are going to get got in some way.

yeah it's almost like if they had met someone earlier who knows a thing or two about being ostracized for something beyond their control they may have turned out differently

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I just can’t get over how frequently Noble Red has lost every single fight, besides the concert ambush attack.

Millarc is dying all the way. Vanessa will probably sacrifice herself to stop a moon laser or something, and her death line will be “Do you know why we chose the name Noble Red? Allow me to demonstrate just how noble we monsters can be!” And Eliza will live so Elfnien finally gets another tiny friend her age.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

chumbler posted:

A pair of missile racks that continually fold out until they orbit the earth.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Lessail posted:

yeah it's almost like if they had met someone earlier who knows a thing or two about being ostracized for something beyond their control they may have turned out differently

I mean, maybe? But Symphogear is pretty traditionally harsh on villains with huge body counts, and Noble Red have the most visibly evil record of anyone in the series so far. Remember Saint-Germain keeping count of all the deaths she had caused in the course of her long life in order to achieve her goal?

Noble Red killed more innocent people in that arena in like 30 minutes than Saint-Germain killed in her entire career as a spooky illuminati wizard, and her crimes were bad enough that she died to atone for them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
I think noble red just killed a ton of people as a weak callback to season 1 and that plot point would have been better off dropped because it wasnt needed for tsubasas character arc and it just made noble red hard to click with, and it feels like the writing has already forgotten about it

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Endorph posted:

I think noble red just killed a ton of people as a weak callback to season 1 and that plot point would have been better off dropped because it wasnt needed for tsubasas character arc and it just made noble red hard to click with, and it feels like the writing has already forgotten about it

Yeah I'm gonna go with this, honestly. Tsubasa makes some weak handwavey references to "Noble Red destroyed my pride" periodically but doesn't really seem to be dwelling on Millaarc pulling a girl's intestines out in front of her while taunting her, which makes it feel weird that they did it in the first place.

On a completely different note from Noble Red, the Curse of Balal being something Actually Good was something I expected, but not in the form of "protection against an evil sapient memetic virus" good. I also wonder if Fine fell in love with Shem-ha before or after she became a tyrant/memetic virus.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

Yeah, I get the feeling it's this. Symphogear is about big moments and sometimes the small moments get lost which feels like is what happened to Noble Red

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This season hasn't had nearly enough Chris

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Lessail posted:

It definitely felt like it was the intention to make it a big part of the Fudo arc that they felt compelled to finish this season but due to just not having enough runtime to juggle it effectively with Shem-ha means it's just this weird grim and dark thread that never really worked. "The writing has forgotten about it" is a definitely on point.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

chumbler posted:

Whatever it is, I hope the BGM just dead stops and this comes on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Squiddycat posted:

This season hasn't had nearly enough Chris

It's been very Tsubasa and Maria focused, which is funny because you'd think this would be The Hibiki Arc given the antagonist.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Now now, perfectly symmetrical violence never solves anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Lessail posted:

Wouldn't that imply caring about redemption? At this point they've given up on their humanity and seem pretty content with the idea of beings slaves to an immortal language god Tendo Akane, and having everyone else join them.

Maybe the puppy will make it out alright, but that's gonna be a Symphogear version of "Go on, git! We don't care about you! (we really do care about you but we're going to die, so)"