Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
If anyone on PS4 is interested in joining a persistent posse or just wants a pair of LeMats backing them up, send a friend request to Mohawk_Mall

I don't have a mic (My PS4 is hilariously loud at this point anyway) and I'm pretty liberal with stuff that catches fire and/or explodes, but I dress nice and treat my horses right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
So anytime I interact with a role mission I get one of the infamous Rockstar error messages - it’s happened a couple other times since the update but not as consistently as with the roles. I’m also hitting the bug where I get dumped into a solo lobby for the bounty missions and I get no credit or cash for the bounty. :argh:

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Eggplant Ronin posted:

If anyone on PS4 is interested in joining a persistent posse or just wants a pair of LeMats backing them up, send a friend request to Mohawk_Mall

I don't have a mic (My PS4 is hilariously loud at this point anyway) and I'm pretty liberal with stuff that catches fire and/or explodes, but I dress nice and treat my horses right.

sent you a request. already got my own posse going but always down to spend more time under the stars with another cowpoke

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I haven't really played this since the early days of the beta, so I popped back in last night to check out the new roles. I turned on defensive mode, and was promptly pulled off my horse by a player while checking my catalog. I shot him, assuming that I'd be able to wreck him since I was in defensive mode and he took what I felt was a hostile action, but apparently this was exactly what he wanted me to do because I couldn't autotarget, lasso, or knife him at all, and he just chased me around murdering me with a shotgun (while ostensibly in defensive mode)

so I guess defensive mode is working as intended. trading was kinda neat though

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Roaming collector bitch is at Limpany today.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Roaming collector bitch is at Limpany today.

Keepin' it classy

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Should've ground out bounty hunter when it launched, not had a single mission work today. I get that fade to black screen and no XP upon completion.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Capn Beeb posted:

Should've ground out bounty hunter when it launched, not had a single mission work today. I get that fade to black screen and no XP upon completion.

Had that couple times yesterday. Same thing happened when trying to get supplies or make a delivery for trader.

Right now my biggest annoyance is the game struggling to spawn animals. Many sessions I've ridden for upwards of 30 minutes with nary a creature to kill. Messes up the collect/bh/trade thing I got going.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

its all nice on rice posted:

Had that couple times yesterday. Same thing happened when trying to get supplies or make a delivery for trader.

Right now my biggest annoyance is the game struggling to spawn animals. Many sessions I've ridden for upwards of 30 minutes with nary a creature to kill. Messes up the collect/bh/trade thing I got going.

That was happening to me yesterday mostly in lemoyne....I went to Big Valley and had much better luck

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It does seem to be better the farther away from player dense areas you are...

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

It does seem to be better the farther away from player dense areas you are...

Yeah I'm playing this way too. Start in Lemoyne, then fast travel to Tumbleweed immediately.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't really played this since the early days of the beta, so I popped back in last night to check out the new roles. I turned on defensive mode, and was promptly pulled off my horse by a player while checking my catalog. I shot him, assuming that I'd be able to wreck him since I was in defensive mode and he took what I felt was a hostile action, but apparently this was exactly what he wanted me to do because I couldn't autotarget, lasso, or knife him at all, and he just chased me around murdering me with a shotgun (while ostensibly in defensive mode)

so I guess defensive mode is working as intended. trading was kinda neat though

It takes 30 seconds for defensive mode to activate, so if you shot him during that time then you never went into defensive mode.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

titties posted:

It takes 30 seconds for defensive mode to activate, so if you shot him during that time then you never went into defensive mode.

Nah i had been playing for like 10 minutes after I switched into defensive mode, I guess it just doesn't protect you from getting pulled off your horse.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
All it does is disable lock on. For you and those trying to kill you. Its incredibly stupid and why I don't do defensive mode - when someone starts poo poo, it is immediately dealt with by high rank special ammo until the offender says gently caress this and leaves the session.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bounty Hunting is such a weird thing. Some bounties give upwards to like 500 bounty exp and a decent payout while others, that are longer, give about 150 exp and slightly less money. There's no real consistency to it like the other roles.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I think all the mission timers follow the same rule that mission timers have followed. Longer you wait, the bigger the payout.

Wait at the doorstep of the turn in with that trader wagon, or bounty, and watch TV until 29s left and turn it on in for max payout.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I think all the mission timers follow the same rule that mission timers have followed. Longer you wait, the bigger the payout.

Wait at the doorstep of the turn in with that trader wagon, or bounty, and watch TV until 29s left and turn it on in for max payout.

Oh wow, I have an unholy amount of hours in the game and I never knew this. Might explain why I saw a couple people just chilling in front of the sheriff's office.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Does it actually apply to trader wagons? It tells you how much you're going to make (assuming it all gets there) before you start the deliveries.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Those seem to be fixed rate. Medium, when full, net me 1k exp and 1250k trader experience. I'm on large now, so I can't test if you get that amount every time, regardless of how full the wagon is.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I think I'd rather just not bother with bounty hunting than spend time not playing the game to maximize rewards. What a silly system.

How has everyone's distant large trades been going? I assisted someone with theirs today in the reddit discord and it was uneventful, just had to deal with some wolves and a lot of npc bandits. No gankers in sight.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They have been bipolar for me. Sometimes its just...nothing. Most of the time it's nothing, in fact. But one time today there were about seven hundred bandits in Blackwater and random players got involved and it was a hilarious massacre.

Sprung for the metal detector and it did not show up in my inventory but her store shows I definitely own it. Hope it isn't bugged and it will be there tomorrow. Tonight has had some wild bugs.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Yeah I think I'm gonna fire off a suggestion ticket to Rockstar about bounty hunting:

1) Remove the timer, bounty varies a small range, no wider than four bucks. Being on the clock discourages you from looting folks, even with the faster looting animation, and just encourages people to sit outside the sheriff's office waiting out the clock. This has always been lame.

2) Enemy NPCs killed on a bounty hunt should reward you with bounty XP. Traders get XP for donating pelts and carcasses, collectors get XP for digging up treasure, bounty hunters only get XP from the bounty and nothing else.

It's a real bummer considering I've had one out of a good dozen hunts actually work properly today, too. I just want more gun tricks :(

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I think the big, 4-6 person bounties are technically supposed to even things out in terms of xp gains but the problem is that a) posters are random and b) these will primarily start coming after you've already gotten to, like, tier 3. And God help you if you pick one of those big ones and it bugs out at you. The latter needs to be fixed asap because it's incredibly frustrating. Will ditto the timer thing as well.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Welp, hit rank 20(max) Trader, time to get cracking on Collector, I'm only at 6 with it.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Diephoon posted:

I think I'd rather just not bother with bounty hunting than spend time not playing the game to maximize rewards. What a silly system.

How has everyone's distant large trades been going? I assisted someone with theirs today in the reddit discord and it was uneventful, just had to deal with some wolves and a lot of npc bandits. No gankers in sight.

The real perk of being a bounty hunter is that you're cooler than traders or collectors

SMH if you don't love being Lee Van Cleef

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Nazar is back in Lemoyne....not sure if shes on a loop or random

All I know is she gives big sloppy beej's in the back of her wagon for 12 cents + a gold tooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQylcNpiFBk&t=45s

I love it when I get a bounty all tied up, rob him, get a gold tooth and then he calls me a cocksucker. Some rear end in a top hat tricked me into following his dog that then started biting me when he started shooting at me. I burned them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

The real perk of being a bounty hunter is that you're cooler than traders or collectors

SMH if you don't love being Lee Van Cleef

I think you mean Rick Dalton?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Random player decided to start shooting at me just outside Rhodes. Turned in my bounty, then turned around, tracked him down, and said hello to him and his horse with those handy dynamite arrows. He immediately parlayed. :clint:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Random player decided to start shooting at me just outside Rhodes. Turned in my bounty, then turned around, tracked him down, and said hello to him and his horse with those handy dynamite arrows. He immediately parlayed. :clint:

I actually think the griefing has gotten worse since the update - it brought so many people back who hadn't played in awhile. The dynamite arrows are key in making your point to them.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
My favorite is when you're playing with one or more friends, and a rando just has to get their kill on you. Instead, it turns into several minutes of you slaughtering them with various explosives and fire laden munitions.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Twice since the update I've rolled up and opened fire on other players because they showed as hostile NPCs on my minimap, usually when other hostile NPCs are around/ chasing me. The UI could use a little work.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Who the gently caress is this shirtless bum that keeps showing up in my camp? He wanted me to give him something but these lovely god damned loving controls hosed me right in the rear end in a top hat again and I aimed at him so he ran away

I want to force feed a controller to the fuckhead that came up with this design

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Am I the only one who's noticed a dramatic decrease in ambushes post Frontier update?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Reign Of Pain posted:

Who the gently caress is this shirtless bum that keeps showing up in my camp? He wanted me to give him something but these lovely god damned loving controls hosed me right in the rear end in a top hat again and I aimed at him so he ran away

I'm wondering this as well. I think it's going to be some quest chain or something.

I only met him once and I was given the option to give him some cooked stringy meat I had when he said he was hungry. He thanked me and said I'll be seeing him soon and then he got stuck on some camp furniture and walked in place forever until I left camp. It'd be cool if he can be recruited and you can populate your camp or something. I miss the hustle and bustle of camp from single player.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I keep stumbling across treasure hunters selling me old maps whenever I'm out on bounty hunts. I never run into these guys when I'm just loving around on the frontier, though.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I just kill em and take it. You get so much positive honor simply playing the game it sickening.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Am I the only one who's noticed a dramatic decrease in ambushes post Frontier update?

I've been playing quite a bit an can't remember a single time I've been ambushed since the update.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Reign Of Pain posted:

This exact thing happened to me as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Yea, been happening to me. Cripps is a surprisingly good shot, though.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I just kill em and take it. You get so much positive honor simply playing the game it sickening.

"Yeah he's a murderer that will kill you for the nickel in your pocket, but he takes good care of his horse and is resourceful!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I seen him throw back a fish once