Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does tvhm scale to the player from the get go this time round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Also the breakout funniest character in this game is the one voiced by Ice-T. Goddamn that section of the game was the first time Borderlands has actually had its jokes land consistently and make me actually laugh. Give Ice-T and whoever wrote that part of the game a goddamn raise.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

low gravity without the boost jump just felt wrong

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

yeah the big problems I have with moze is underwhelming capstones and lack of mobility

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

No mozes here have been playing shields moze, so im here to chime in that i swapped to it at 22 from bottomless mags and now im incredibly hard to kill thanks to shield boosters, do about as much damage as i used to thanks to the gun damage bonuses, and i think i like these mech weapons the most. The fist in particular is great.

I really want to get drowning in brass and try coop to see how good it is, because it looks great.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

RatHat posted:

Anyone ever see class mods in Crazy Earl's vending machine? Wondering if it sells those and if they can be annointed.

EDIT: I got 3 legendaries last night. 2 of them were on my return to the first planet though so they were well below my level. The last one was from a cash slot machine and even works well with my build! I think I'll be using it for quite a while.

I've seen a couple class mods, but they definitely seem rarer.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zoig posted:

No mozes here have been playing shields moze, so im here to chime in that i swapped to it at 22 from bottomless mags and now im incredibly hard to kill thanks to shield boosters, do about as much damage as i used to thanks to the gun damage bonuses, and i think i like these mech weapons the most. The fist in particular is great.

I really want to get drowning in brass and try coop to see how good it is, because it looks great.

You actually like the fist? It feels suuuuper not worth it to me. Iron Bear is tanky but it's not THAT tanky, and having to walk up to dudes to punch them is annoying. The grapple claw doesn't work on every target so it's not a good option either. I'd much rather run with the railguns. They do pretty phenomenal damage in exchange for requiring you to actually click heads.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Oh i mean, its not as good as the railguns, but i got to punch a boss in the gut 40 times with a pnumatic fist so at the very least that validates its existence. I do agree that the railgun is miles better simple because every augment it has fits some other situation. The flamethrower was bad for about 17 levels before becoming a amazing napalm grenade launcher and the minigun was pretty solid. dont have enough to go on for the explosive weapons but i figure they get great.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I've been having fun with all three filled trees and yeah a split tree as well as moze, respeccing pretty much every time the story makes us go back to Sanctuary, the explosives tree seems the most fun to me so far but they're all good. Only problem is the mech varies wildly in how fragile it feels, sometimes it feels like every enemy pivots on the spot and starts emptying into the massive target (playing in co-op so most of the time enemies are dividing their attention), I've had times where I've ended the "entering it" animation and immediately gotten back out because it's already dead and I've also had one time where I got hit by a boss as I was getting into it and it pushed me through the floor to my instant death.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

In regards to the spoiler chat a few pages ago, i feel that particular bit is a bit undone by the fact that the game is trying to hype up how big and epic the whole moment is but you know there is more to come because you STILL haven't unlocked your relic slot yet :argh:

Besides that i feel like they wanted a moment like Borderlands 2 where Roland was killed and the bad guys are "winning". But it's undone by the fact that these guys could have easily killed Lillith earlier in the game but didn't because :shrug:. So now they go after the next (probably not quite as popular as character popularity goes) best thing and kill off a different player character from the second game that wouldn't set so many people off if they were gotten rid of.

On top of all of that They are gonna run out of Siren powers to absorb eventually so there is no way in hell that Ava doesn't turn into a siren later and try to get revenge

Anyway spoiler chat over i'm glad i can finally break those stupid crystal formations but the writings are still taunting me :sigh:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zoig posted:

Drowning in Brass is a little worse than it looks since getting a new stack doesn't actually refresh the old ones: it just stores three separate buffs that run out independently.

Also I've been shield-ammo hybrid and loving it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

La Parka!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The Shame Boy posted:

In regards to the spoiler chat a few pages ago, i feel that particular bit is a bit undone by the fact that the game is trying to hype up how big and epic the whole moment is but you know there is more to come because you STILL haven't unlocked your relic slot yet :argh:

Besides that i feel like they wanted a moment like Borderlands 2 where Roland was killed and the bad guys are "winning". But it's undone by the fact that these guys could have easily killed Lillith earlier in the game but didn't because :shrug:. So now they go after the next (probably not quite as popular as character popularity goes) best thing and kill off a different player character from the second game that wouldn't set so many people off if they were gotten rid of.

On top of all of that They are gonna run out of Siren powers to absorb eventually so there is no way in hell that Ava doesn't turn into a siren later and try to get revenge

Anyway spoiler chat over i'm glad i can finally break those stupid crystal formations but the writings are still taunting me :sigh:

they didn’t kill Lilith because they mainly wanted to drain her power and keeping her alive and powerless would probably be crueler than killing her anyway. and killing maya was technically an accident since both Troy and tyreen are surprised over the fact that he can drain other sirens. I think that sequence is executed way better than Roland’s death since it establishes relatively early that the calypsos are a genuine threat and it has massive impacts on both gameplay and story

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

watho posted:

they didn’t kill Lilith because they mainly wanted to drain her power and keeping her alive and powerless would probably be crueler than killing her anyway. and killing maya was technically an accident since both Troy and tyreen are surprised over the fact that he can drain other sirens. I think that sequence is executed way better than Roland’s death since it establishes relatively early that the calypsos are a genuine threat and it has massive impacts on both gameplay and story

i also just got through this part and i didn't like it at all

i really, really hate when games have something like this happen but my character is nowhere to be seen. i like to actually be a part of the story happening on screen instead of just.... not there or "in the next room". it feels bad.

Arrath posted:

E: VVV ~First Vault spoiler: The last two games have killed off my mains from the previous game. I think I'm cursed.

my main from the last game (krieg) probably isn't even going to appear in this game at all at this rate!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't know if it was done better or worse than in bl2 (though in bl2 it made me angry at Jack, in bl3 I was angry at gearbox) but it bummed me out.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I went down the explosive tree for Moze. Currently level 11 and having a blast :v:

Hopefully it scales into late game well.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Are Mashers just very rare? At level 27 I've only seen one, and it was terrific.

It was superceded by an Anointed gun I got from Earl, Torgue two-shot pistol that gets +50% Cryo damage when my SNTNL is out, which is bananas. Not sure when I should use the sticky gyros though, feel like the extra damage will be offset by wasted shots at already doomed targets. I hope when Mr Torgue shows up he complains that his guns are "COMPLICATED AS poo poo". It seems odd that Torgue explosive rounds and Hyperion inverse recoil are downplayed but still present.

I also hope that when (late game spoiler speculation) Tannis is revealed as a siren my character just says, "well, loving obviously".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think with so much more variety any given gun type is going to show up that much less often

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i did at least finally get a legendary drop (and a legendary quest reward that wasn't a trinket)

but at what cost :smith:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I think with so much more variety any given gun type is going to show up that much less often

Need to wait for it all to be documented, but I thought there were effectively 3 sub types for each weapon type for each manufacturer. Atlas having 3 tracker types for example, so was expecting Mashers to be one third of Jakobs pistols.

Interesting they changed the manufacturers so much, Hyperion no longer make pistols it seems, and Maliwan make shotguns. I think the planet your on effects the brand's you're likely to get, so more Jakobs on Eden 6, more Hyperion and less Atlas on Pandora.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Had a Loot Tink drop a legendary while running around and bleeding loot, then again when I made his corpse lootsplode. :getin:

:bernin:

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Had a Loot Tink drop a legendary while running around and bleeding loot, then again when I made his corpse lootsplode. :getin:

:bernin:

drat, that's an awesome proc on break and fill.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I'm running a Stalker tree FL4K and it's been pretty breezy although I've only just reached Eden-6. Mostly been using the Skag pet to draw aggro and using the cloak in conjunction with shotguns to deal with heavies ( Jakobs shotguns with the ricochet on crit is a fun room clearer ) while mostly using Dahl SMGs/Pistols for chaff.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just found a holotape of the real best vault hunter in Konrad's Hold. :unsmith: :unsmigghh:

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Just got to Eden-6 and I have to say regarding the story spoilers, I also don't like that my character did gently caress all in that entire exchange. I just got some new guns out of that vault! I have a monkey! I can help! But alas. I don't hate Maya's death from a story perspective because I kind of saw it coming back on Athenas when she was talking about how Ava would become a Siren, but I'm still sad about it. I was also equally as surprised as the twins that Troy could leech powers from other Sirens. Now I legit don't know which one of them is going to stab the other in the back first.

Kerrzhe posted:

my main from the last game (krieg) probably isn't even going to appear in this game at all at this rate!

The odds of my favorite character (Tim the Doppleganger) appearing in this game are slim to none so I feel you :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there a way to increase the rate at which you can pan across the map?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Are the manufacturer email rewards tied to account or character? Please be the latter.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

CuwiKhons posted:

The odds of my favorite character (Tim the Doppleganger) appearing in this game are slim to none so I feel you :(

He's all over it! The posters for "Handsome Jack Tames Pandora" list him as the star.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rinkles posted:

Are the manufacturer email rewards tied to account or character? Please be the latter.

Your account, but it seems from my experience only the badass rank rewards are given once, ingame rewards like the Hammerlock challenge rewards are given every time per character.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

BizarroAzrael posted:

He's all over it! The posters for "Handsome Jack Tames Pandora" list him as the star.

Oh poo poo, I haven't seen any of those. I'd still like him to show in person but I'll keep an eye out for those posters!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Your account, but it seems from my experience only the badass rank rewards are given once, ingame rewards like the Hammerlock challenge rewards are given every time per character.

they're neat but small bonuses that also act as milestones of progress with a character. think they should be per character.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

If it's like BL2 then badass ranks are account wide.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Floppychop posted:

If it's like BL2 then badass ranks are account wide.

i meant the complimentary guns the manufacturers send you

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Tei posted:

Finished!.

Yay, now I am free to explore the large parts of the game I have not visited, do the side quests, and try the normal mode + harcore to see if it drops awesome weapons.

The most impresive thing of Borderlands 3, other than the maps size, is the quality of the weapons.

Did a round of fights at Torgue's Slaughterstar 3000 and the amount of loot on the ground was insane (Round 5, wave 5 and it was significantly reducing my frame rate).

There's plenty to do at end game if people are worrying about this (worth noting- all your side quests automatically level to 50 once you complete the story).

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Xolve posted:

There's plenty to do at end game if people are worrying about this (worth noting- all your side quests automatically level to 50 once you complete the story).

Oh that's sweet, I have like 20 side quests still in the queue because I can never get groups to do them. All my time playing with other people has been focused around the main story.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay, I didn't do that Killovolt dude people were complaining about upthread aways back. That said, Billy was the biggest pain in the rear end to fight thus far mostly becuase he was strangely immune to the sticky fire on my absurd Torgue shotgun.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Caidin posted:

Okay, I didn't do that Killovolt dude people were complaining about upthread aways back. That said, Billy was the biggest pain in the rear end to fight thus far mostly becuase he was strangely immune to the sticky fire on my absurd Torgue shotgun.

His crit spot is on his back!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got my first legendary! A shield that can make you (or enemies, forget which) drop things that recharge 15% of your shield, and they drop pretty frequently. It also does shock damage to nearby enemies when it breaks or something.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Caidin posted:

Was Billy the boss in Jakobs Manor? Because he's the only boss I haven't been able to kill solo so far. I got wrecked by him like 5 times in a row before I grouped up for him. It still took me and another guy 3 tries to finish him off and both of us were in FFYL as I got the killshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

Was Billy the boss in Jakobs Manor? Because he's the only boss I haven't been able to kill solo so far. I got wrecked by him like 5 times in a row before I grouped up for him. It still took me and another guy 3 tries to finish him off and both of us were in FFYL as I got the killshot.

Yeah that's the dude, Jakobs Manor was a an awesome drat level until then too but I got him on my third try.